Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Vanessa Lopez

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vanessa Lopez
First Year
Vanessa Lopez

Vanessa Lopez Empty
PostSubject: Vanessa Lopez   Vanessa Lopez EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 6:53 pm

.Basic Information.
Full Name:z Vanessa Lopez
Nickname: Ness or Nessa
Birthdate: Dec.23
House: Gryffindor
Blood Type: Muggleborn

.Appearance.
Eye Color: A pale blue(almost grey
Hair Color: Very light brown(honey blond)
Hair Length: When out of it's bob, it reaches the mid-back
Height: 4'11"
Body Type: Slender and childlike;obviously not an athlete
Distinguishing Marking(s): A book will almost always be in her hand at all times
Other: Very shy personality except with familiars. (Is not a static character. She will change somewhat)

.Preferences.
Likes: Dark chocolate, listening to her father play the piano, reading whatever she can get her hands on.
Dislikes: Violent confrontations. (She hasn't really lived long enough to have much more than that)
Strengths: Knowing when to speak up and when to keep her mouth firmly shut, having a good ear for music, and dealing with chaos at a daily basis.
Weaknesses: Speaking aloud what she really feels, Athletics that require the type of stamina she does not have, etc.

.Family.
Father: Jerry Lopez
Mother: Allison Marks Lopez
Siblings: A baby brother(2years old) named Anthony
Pet: none (mother is allergic to fur)

.Personal History.

Vanessa has never had too much problems, and that's most likely because of her "hands-off" approach to everything. She doesn't like to get involved if she can help it.
She has lived a pretty nice- but humble- lifestyle with her family. She was raised with much love and tenderness, so perhaps that is why she doesn't feel embarrassed when she compared her family's home to the one the ones besides it.
(However, she still doesn't completely understand how badly or how well off her family is considering her young age)
On the whole, she isn't a greedy or opportunistic person.

Wizard God has approved this profile.

Last edited by Erika Cooper on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:18 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I didn't use the right code!)
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Lopez
First Year
Vanessa Lopez

Vanessa Lopez Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Lopez   Vanessa Lopez EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 3:57 pm

Jan 16, 2011
Dear Diary,

I reckon I should probably name you something. My last was named Paul, but then no one really knew how to pronounce it correctly. It's Pah-ul, not pawl. Anyway, I digress.
A lot of things have happened since I last opened you, Diary. I don't even know where to begin!
In only a matter of months I bought my step-up violin, got a letter to come to a Wizarding School, and have had the craziest things happen to me while in said school.
To name a few, I have made a lot of friends (Can you believe it? I've actually talked...to people!) , I was attacked by a mischievous Poltergeist named Peeves, I talked more in one day than in my whole life, and... I talked to a boy! I really can't even begin to explain how I did it. Maybe, it was because he was nice and for some unfathomable reason he didn't scare me? I don't know, but I'm sure I'm getting nowhere asking you. You can't talk back. You listen. You're a diary; it's what you do.
Now, before I'm driven mad inside my own mind(or has that already happened?) I think we need a change of topic.
I love my new violin(I think I mentioned it earlier). I was surprised when Daddy bought it for me. Before- when I asked- he would say something along the lines of this: "No, Vanessa. I'm sorry, but we really can't afford a new violin right now."
Then, I'd always feel terrible for asking. I'd always remember that instruments are really expensive. If I wrote down a word that summed up what I was feeling right then, It wouldn't even be a real word. It'd be a jumble of letters and pictures that would make absolutely no sense whatsoever. It just looked so pretty; almost too pretty to play. Actually, that calls for a funny story. I had it in my hands(just waiting to be played), but I almost didn't want to dirty the strings with the rosin from by bow! I had it up on my shoulder, and I was about to start on a down bow... I couldn't do it. It seemed to fragile to play. I didn't touch it until I was scolded by my father about it.("You will play that instrument, young lady. Isn't it what you've been wanting since you could play?)
That was the end of my silly fear...
In Hindsight, I guess what wasn't that funny a story... Perhaps I shouldn't have bothered with it.
Anyway, I also met a friend that also plays violin. She's played for a couple years longer than I, but I hope our levels won't be too far apart. Really, that's all that stopping me from running toward her with my violin at full-speed. It'd be embarrassing if she thought I was a rubbish player after playing for six years... I really do want to play with her, though. The chances of finding a fellow violinist in a school is slim, and the chances of finding one in a magic school is next to zero.
Oh! I tripped over a tree root. It was extremely humiliating, but in my defense, It was partially hidden in the bushes. The resulting bruise I got on my forehead wasn't too pretty,though. It was one of the many times I've wished I didn't bruise so easily. It's still here on my forehead.(It actually covers my whole forehead in it's entirety. Also, I'm not complaining too much, because I met Dree and Char.(Short for Adreis and Charlotte respectively) They're both really nice girls, and I really hope I can become good friends with them both.
Now, I know you'r probably wondering why I'm not talking about how much I miss my family. Actually, I've been trying to avoid that. I miss them so much it's not even funny. I miss mum and dad, and especially baby Anthony. I bet he's already starting to get really big, and I wonder how mum is faring without me as her babysitter when she has work. I really hope everyone is okay.
.......Oh my, I've just read all that I've written, and I've actually scared myself. I should probably go before I start rambling like an idiot, and write something idiotic...

Until next time,
Vanessa

P.S. I promise that by the next entry I will have a name for you.

Back to top Go down

Vanessa Lopez
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Novitas :: Welcome :: Profiles :: Student Profiles :: Gryffindor-
Jump to: