Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Letters Home

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Letters Home Empty
PostSubject: Letters Home   Letters Home EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 6:13 am

Essi called whistled softly and Pera flew down to her outstretched arm.

"Hey, gorgeous," she cooed to the beautiful owl. Pera hooted.

"I have a letter for you to take to mum and dad," said Essi. Pera stuck out his foot and Essi attached the brown envelope to it. She stroked his head one last time.

"Here's a treat," she said, letting him snaffle up a couple of bertie bott's beans from her open palm. "Off you go."

Pera swooped out of the window and flew off into the distance.

Essi sank down against the wall, a sudden wave of homesickness swamping her.

She didn't hear the owlery door open...
Back to top Go down

Letters Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters Home   Letters Home EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 10:13 pm

Dear Aunt Mary,

I miss you, though it's only been about a couple of days that I've really been here, I like it. I'm in the house Hufflepuff and it's fun in there. We have the colors yellow and black, kind of like a bee. So how are you? Where are you? I hope things go well while I'm gone, because I know how much you'll miss me :^)

I miss being with you though, I know I sound like a little kid because I miss my aunt. I should act like an eleven year old, though, since I am one, right?

Well, I hope you're doing well and stay that way.

Love,

Charlotte Willow

Charlotte walked in, hoping that no one was having a moment because their parents sent them a letter. She tried to find her owl, Harrison, and give him the letter.
"Stay with Marrissa until she gives me a response letter, okay?" she asked and the owl chirped and flew away.
Back to top Go down

Letters Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters Home   Letters Home EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 5:32 am

Essi heard footsteps, and a voice talking to an owl. She opened her eyes to see Charlotte, a hufflepuff girl she had already met, send off a letter. She said nothing, feeling afraid and lost in the place that before she had felt so at home in. She wouldn't cry though.

Dear Mum and Dad Just thinking about the first line she had wrote made her feel ill.

She closed her eyes again, half hoping that Charlotte would say something.
Back to top Go down

Letters Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters Home   Letters Home EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 7:25 pm

Charlotte heard the slight noise of someone trying to stay silent and turned to see and not too happy looking Essi. She had this look of rue written on her face. Almost as if she regretted something. Maybe leaving home was the thing.
"Are you okay, Essi?" Charlotte said, crouching down to her friend. "Do you need to talk?" She barely knew the girl, but wanted to always lend a hand when she could.
Back to top Go down

Letters Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters Home   Letters Home EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 3:01 am

Essi shook her head, but then changed the movement to a nod halfway through.

"Yeah," she whispered. She stood up slowly. She wished that she hadn't sent Pera off with that letter, because he was her only link from home, and she missed him so much already. She hoped come back soon.

"I feel a bit homesick, is all," she said to Charlotte, hoping she wasn't creeping the other girl out. She liked Charlotte; she was nice, and although didn't know her well yet she hoped that they could become good friends.
Back to top Go down

Letters Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters Home   Letters Home EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 9:57 pm

Charlotte wasn't creeped out at all. Essi was a nice and sweet girl. Charlotte definitely needed a friend like that. Everyone needs a friend like that. So when her friend looked gloomy and said, like she wanted to crawl under a rock.
"It's okay. Everyone gets homesick and misses their parents at some time," she said, smiling at Essi. "I sometimes, even if it's for a day or two, really want to go home."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Letters Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters Home   Letters Home Empty

Back to top Go down

Letters Home
Page 1 of 1