Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

A quiet place to write

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

A quiet place to write Empty
PostSubject: A quiet place to write   A quiet place to write EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 6:45 am

Essi was walkinglong, wishing that she had somewhere private to write because Bree was in the dorm and the other girls were in the common room. All of a sudden she spotted a large door.

"I wonder where this leads..." she muttered. She pushed it open to discover a large room filled with books. There was a desk and chair as well, equipped with parchment, ink and quills.

"This is perfect," whispered Essi in awe. She shut the door, dropped her bag and sat at the desk.

She pulled out her poetry notebook and began to scribble furiously, pouring out all her pent up emotions and homesickness onto the page.

She only stopped writing when the door creaked open...
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: A quiet place to write   A quiet place to write EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 7:10 am

Emily had been wandering about the castle, exploring. Well not really she just wanted to get used to the castle. She was considering go back tot he common room becuase she was getting bored by herself, and she would be liekly to start talking to herself soon.

She was walking along the corrider on the way back to the common room when she saw a large door which she was sure hadn't been there before. She opened the door curiosily.

She was about to leave but the girl, a ravenclaw, stopped writing and Emily felt it was best to appoligise for interupting her.

"hi I'm Sorry for interupting. I was just explorig and I saw a door that i'm sure wasn't there before I had to explore!" she said just managing to shut herself up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A quiet place to write   A quiet place to write EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 7:17 am

Essi smiled.

"That's fine, I found it by exploring as well. It sort of- appeared for me."

She looked closer at the girl.

"I'm not sure I've met you before..." she said. "I'm Essi. You are..?"
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: A quiet place to write   A quiet place to write EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 7:20 am

She smiled at the girl and entred the room. "yeah it was a little odd, I'm pretty sure it wasn't there when I walked past earlier" she said completely confused as to where the room had come from.

"no I don't think we have met. I'm Emily it's nice to meet you Essi" she said.

"if you don't mind me asking what were you writing?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A quiet place to write   A quiet place to write EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 7:21 am

"Emily..." said Essi. "That's a pretty name. I was actually..." She blushed. "I was writing a poem. I write them a lot."

She paused.

"I guess that's why I ended up in Ravenclaw, since I'm really not too clever."
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: A quiet place to write   A quiet place to write EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 7:27 am

"cool. I don't write that much myself. I prefer to draw" she said to her.

"you must be clever if you can write poems. I though I might go there but i'm glad i'm in gryffindor" she said.

"so you like hogwarts so far? It's amazing but I keep getting lost" she laughed at her own stupidity. She wasn't that good at finding at her way around that's why she gone exploring so she could try and rmemeber where everything was in realtion to one another.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A quiet place to write   A quiet place to write EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 7:30 am

"Oh, I never know where I am." Essi laughed as well. "Seriously, I was trying to find my potions class and instead of the dungeons I ended up back outside the Ravenclaw common room. I had gone down and up in a complete circle..."

"What do you think of it here, though? I mean aside from how big it is. I'm finding it a little scary to be honest," admitted Essi.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: A quiet place to write   A quiet place to write EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 7:37 am

Emily laughed "I have yet to go round in a complete circle. No matter how hard I try I can never get back to the common room the same way I left" she grinned. She was becoming more herself the longer she was at hogwarts. Her normal talkative self that no one could get to shut up or understand very well.

"Yeah it's massive and the staircases don't help much, because the move so often. Even in seven years I think that they're will still be places I haven't been able to explore." she grinned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A quiet place to write   A quiet place to write EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 7:40 am

"I'll bet!" laughed Essi. So have you signed up for many classes? I've signed up for pretty much all of them- My mum expects it, me being Ravenclaw and all that. It's a lot of work mind..."

Essi was so glad that Emily seemed as talkative as she was. Although she did find it strange that she seemed to mainly be making friends in Gryffindor.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: A quiet place to write   A quiet place to write EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 7:50 am

Emily like Essi she seemend nice and she hoped they would be friends.
"I signed up for quite a lot of them, transfiguration, charms, defense, history of magic, care of magical creatures and herbology. I think that's it but i'm not sure"

"I was pretty happy I was sored into gryffindor and so was my aunt. I wanted to be in gryffindor or ravenclaw" she said. She left out the part of who her aunt was she hadn't told anyone yet. She just waited for them to work it out for themself.

"did you want to be in raveclaw?" she asked her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A quiet place to write   A quiet place to write EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 2:33 pm

"Yeah, I guess so. I guess I just didn't want to be in Hufflepuff. My mum was even ok for me to be in Slytherin, but she drummed it into me pretty hard that Hufflepuff wasn't a good house."

Essi sighed.

"But yeah, I kinda wanted to be a Ravenclaw."
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: A quiet place to write   A quiet place to write EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 2:40 pm

"are you a pureblood?" she asked her. "It doesn't bother me, but the way you descirded your mother sounds an awful lot like what my own said in her last letter" she said to Essi.

"I didn't mind anyhere except slytherin. I can't quite imagine my aunt's face" Emily laughed it would have been a tiny bit funny and ironic.

"your mum must have been pretty pleased you went to ravenclaw then" she added.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A quiet place to write   A quiet place to write EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 5:48 pm

"She was thrilled," said Essi. "And I'm actually half blood, my dad's a muggle."

She twiddled her quill nervously, spilling ink onto the desk.

Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: A quiet place to write   A quiet place to write EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:06 am

Emily smiled at Essi. "ahh i'm a purblood but I don't care about blood" she said to her.

Emily watched her twiddle her quill, she seemend a little nervous. She watched as the ravenclaw spilt ink onto the desk, accidentamly.

"Essi, you okay?" she asked her. The girl seemened a little nervous all of a sudden.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A quiet place to write   A quiet place to write EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:08 am

"I... I don't know. I-"

She didn't know what to say all of a sudden. It was almost as if she couldn't form the words.

"I- I feel really homesick," she managed to blurt out. Her face burned with embarrassment when she felt a big, fat tear roll down her cheek. She wiped it away with the sleeve of her robe and tried to smile, but it came out more like a grimace.

"I'm sorry," she said apologetically. "When I write poems, it's like I'm pouring out all my feelings into them. I guess you just caught me at a bad time..." She shrugged. "I'm not normally like this, honest."
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: A quiet place to write   A quiet place to write EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:17 am

Emily smiled kinly at the girl. "it's okay, i'm sure lot's of people are home sick, but you'll get usd to it" Personally Emily wasn't, she had been staying with her aunt for a year before hogwarts and she was a professor so she was here.

"poems wouldn't be very good with emotions or feelings, well I think so anyway!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A quiet place to write   A quiet place to write EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:20 am

Essi was a little confused by Emily's last comment.

"Do you mean that they make you feel more emotional?" she asked. That was what she thought, at least, but it didn't stop her writing them. Once she had written a poem, when it was finished, the emotions were trapped in it and couldn't bother her again. Her only problem this time was she couldn't get the right words on the paper and the feelings were still drifting around her body.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: A quiet place to write   A quiet place to write EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:25 am

Emily saw that her comment confused the ravenclaw a little.

"yeah I do, but i think poems or any writting needs emotions" she said to her hoping that made more sense.

"when I do write I find that it takes my emotions away, and just leaves me my normal happy self!" she grinned, agains he wasn't sure if that made sense but it was just they type of person she was. She often didn't make sense.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A quiet place to write   A quiet place to write EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:28 am

"That's what I find!" said Essi, feeling happier. "That's why I was writing about feeling homesick. But the words keep coming out wrong, so the feelings seem stuck for now."

She was amazed at how honest she was being with Emily, at how much she was talking about how she truly felt. It was nice, she decided, to be able to talk to someone like this.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: A quiet place to write   A quiet place to write EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 2:37 pm

Emily nodded. "yeah I don't writ that much but I find that it's similar with my drawings" she said to the raveclaw. She wasn't sure why but she was comfortable around Essi. She already considered Essi a good friend.

"I'm sure you'll find the right word somewhere and even as you get to know people really well it might make you feel better. I honestly cn't say that I know what homesickness is like because i'm not" she said, she wasn't going to pretend that she knew how Essi felt.

Her honesty scared her a little, but she liked it. It was a side of herself she hadn't really known she had.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A quiet place to write   A quiet place to write EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 3:12 pm

"You draw? "asked Essi curiously. "What sort of drawing? If you don't mind me asking."

She smiled.

"And yeah, I have made quite a few friends, so I guess after a few months here the feeling will wear off. I hope anyway."
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: A quiet place to write   A quiet place to write EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 4:07 pm

Emily smiled a little, She didn't really like to talk about her drawing Se never knew why but she always hated discuassing it but seeing as it was Essi she didn't mind too much.

" I draw a lot of things, people and lanscapes mainly. Actually I draw most things. I draw for the same reason you write peoms. To get rid of my sad and hurtful emotions." she said. She hd no idea why she was discussing it with Essi. She never spoken aout why she drew before.

"I haven't met many people not in my house. Only you and a hufflepuff. I really will need to get to know some people in different houses" she smiled.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A quiet place to write   A quiet place to write EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 4:11 pm

"That's awesome," said Essi about the drawings. She didn't push the topic any further. "For me it's the opposite. I've made friends with quite a few people from different houses, and not many from Ravenclaw. I'm getting there, though. Which hufflepuff have you met?" She wondered if it was the girl she had met, although it was a big school, so she doubted it.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: A quiet place to write   A quiet place to write EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 12:43 pm

Emily grinned. "I don't reallly like to talk about my drawing, it's just my thing. If you know what I mean?" she said to Essi. hShe didn't know why she felt like that about it but she did. She wondered if the ravenclaw felt the same way with her writting and poems.

"I met Elise in diagon alley haven't had a chance to speak to her here yet though" Emily didn't know Elise's surname somethig like a bird, she thought.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A quiet place to write   A quiet place to write EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 1:14 pm

"Oh, I've met Elise," said Essi with a smile. "She's really nice. I think she's in some of my classes." She paused. "Then again, that's not hard, since I've signed up for pretty much everything. Must keep my mother happy, after all."

The main reason that she had taken so many classes was actually because she just wanted to learn everything, but she felt a little embarrassed saying that in front of a Gryffindor. Another Ravenclaw would probably understand, but she really didn't want to seem big headed or anything. She was desperate to make good first impressions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A quiet place to write   A quiet place to write Empty

Back to top Go down

A quiet place to write
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next