Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Questions/Comments/Concerns

Go down 
+3
Erika Cooper
Ursula Sparrow
Wizard God
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wizard God
Administrator
Wizard God

Questions/Comments/Concerns Empty
PostSubject: Questions/Comments/Concerns   Questions/Comments/Concerns EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 1:18 pm

If you have a question, comment, or concern, please leave it here. Do not send a PM, because the odds are that if you are confused about something, someone else is as well.

A staff member or Wizard God will answer your question as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsnovitas.rpg-board.net
Ursula Sparrow
Transfiguration Professor
Ursula Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Comments/Concerns   Questions/Comments/Concerns EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 1:40 pm

Did you get my texts?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Comments/Concerns   Questions/Comments/Concerns EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 10:24 pm

Hi! I've been a member for two days, and it says that everyone starts out with 100 galleons. I haven't bought anything, with the exception of a wand, which is free, and I only have 14 galleons, I believe. :/ I was wondering what I had to do to receive my galleons, because I'm really eager to start buying my school stuff!
Back to top Go down
Wizard God
Administrator
Wizard God

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Comments/Concerns   Questions/Comments/Concerns EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 10:32 pm

Oh my god, Sparrow, stop texting me! (I enjoy these references with you, Ursula)

Isabel, they'll be added to your account, not to worry. Go ahead and do your shopping and don't worry about going into the negatives.
Back to top Go down
Ursula Sparrow
Transfiguration Professor
Ursula Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Comments/Concerns   Questions/Comments/Concerns EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 11:42 am

Did you get my texts?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Comments/Concerns   Questions/Comments/Concerns EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 10:11 pm

Hey! I was wondering if for classes, if first and second years are supposed to take Care of Magical Creatures, Divination, or Muggle Studies. I need to know which texts to buy and am a bit confused.
Do we take all of them? Two, one? Is it optional? Or do we not take them at all?
confused
Back to top Go down
Erika Cooper
Herbology Professor
Erika Cooper

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Comments/Concerns   Questions/Comments/Concerns EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 10:17 pm

Yes, all classes are open to every grade level. You can take any classes you want, or you can take none at all since you move up to the next grade level based on the amount of posts you make. However, taking classes is a good way to earn galleons so you can buy more supplies and things. Soon we will have more products that your character will be able to purchase for use in-game.
Back to top Go down
Terry Berbatov
Fourth Year
Terry Berbatov

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Comments/Concerns   Questions/Comments/Concerns EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 10:43 pm

I did my school shopping, but I didn't get the hundred galleons
Back to top Go down
http://bamfbbffs.tumblr.com
Erika Cooper
Herbology Professor
Erika Cooper

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Comments/Concerns   Questions/Comments/Concerns EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 11:24 pm

You don't get your galleons until you get sorted. You don't get sorted until Wizard God approves your profile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Comments/Concerns   Questions/Comments/Concerns EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 11:18 pm

I got the owl from Wizard God, but am still a bit confused. How exactly do you sign up for classes? I think I have an idea but I'm not quite sure.... confused
Back to top Go down
Erika Cooper
Herbology Professor
Erika Cooper

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Comments/Concerns   Questions/Comments/Concerns EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 3:32 am

You just post in the thread that has the sign up sheet for that class. Each professor does theirs a little differently, so just make sure you read their rules and do whatever they ask you to do in order to sign up.

All sign up sheets are located in the classroom for whichever class you're looking for.
Back to top Go down
Elise Hamilton
Third Year
Elise Hamilton

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Comments/Concerns   Questions/Comments/Concerns EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 7:41 am

Hey, hey! So, I was planning on taking Divination, but there aren't any sign-ups for that. I'm just going to assume that you guys haven't filled that position yet, and I'm just letting y'all know.

Hehe! Okay. That was kinda useless if you guys already know.

Anyways... Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Erika Cooper
Herbology Professor
Erika Cooper

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Comments/Concerns   Questions/Comments/Concerns EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 7:44 pm

Yes, we know. Hans has been a bit busy but he'll be posting a sign up soon (if he hasn't done so already because I haven't checked yet today).

Never fear, there will be a Divination class.
Back to top Go down
Elise Hamilton
Third Year
Elise Hamilton

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Comments/Concerns   Questions/Comments/Concerns EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 11:05 pm

So... Uhm... I actually want to sign up for more classes, but I didn't buy the books for them. Can I still sign up for them, and owl order the books? (If I'm allowed to do that.)

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Erika Cooper
Herbology Professor
Erika Cooper

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Comments/Concerns   Questions/Comments/Concerns EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 11:40 pm

Absolutely. Just post a "letter" to Flourish and Blott's in the order thread there and we'll get you all set up.
Back to top Go down
Kyra Henderson
Fourth Year
Kyra Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Comments/Concerns   Questions/Comments/Concerns EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 12:04 am

I forgot to get a Potions kit and a Standard Cauldron. Can I get them somehow? Do I do what you told Elise to? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2126315/

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Comments/Concerns   Questions/Comments/Concerns EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 10:31 pm

Sami facepalms then realizes that she did the exact same thing that Kay did. She really wished she had paid attention so she could stop asking questions. (She also has no idea why she is referring to herself in third person, it seemed like a good idea at the time)
Back to top Go down
Erika Cooper
Herbology Professor
Erika Cooper

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Comments/Concerns   Questions/Comments/Concerns EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 10:34 pm

Yes. Any forgotten supplies can be purchased in the way that I told Elise to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Comments/Concerns   Questions/Comments/Concerns EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 3:51 pm

I've bought all my school supplies, but none of them have shown up on my profile page. Stuff like my wand and my purchased textbooks.

Am I supposed to add them there, and if I am, could you tell me how?
Back to top Go down
Erika Cooper
Herbology Professor
Erika Cooper

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Comments/Concerns   Questions/Comments/Concerns EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 9:34 pm

No, all supplies are added to profiles by a staff member when the person covering that has time.
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Comments/Concerns   Questions/Comments/Concerns EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 12:34 pm

This is just a quick question. Since lessons have already started, can newbies join those lessons, or do we have to wait for new ones to open up? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Erika Cooper
Herbology Professor
Erika Cooper

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Comments/Concerns   Questions/Comments/Concerns EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 1:20 pm

You can do whichever you prefer, most of the lessons are in sort of their beginning phases, so you should be alright to join in (although it's probably best if you play it as though you were already in the class, don't say you were late, unless you want a detention). Smile
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Comments/Concerns   Questions/Comments/Concerns EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 7:07 am

Another quick question. About moving up a grade. I was interested in knowing when it would happen. Is it the end of the moth? Is it a month after you've joined? Is it the same time for everyone?

Also, if you do get moved up, do you get notified?

Thanks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wizard God
Administrator
Wizard God

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Comments/Concerns   Questions/Comments/Concerns EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 6:08 am

I have just sent out a PM about this, so that should cover most of that information.

It isn't really necessary for us to notify users if they move up or not, because they can easily see if they will have moved up or not based on their post count.

-WG
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Comments/Concerns   Questions/Comments/Concerns EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 7:39 pm

How many classes do first years have to take? Also, what are the class options?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions/Comments/Concerns   Questions/Comments/Concerns Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions/Comments/Concerns
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Novitas :: Welcome :: Starting Out-
Jump to: