Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Discovering the Library

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Leighton Vladimir
Third Year
Leighton Vladimir

Discovering the Library Empty
PostSubject: Discovering the Library   Discovering the Library EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 8:52 pm

Leighton walked into the library, Drea on one shoulder and her tote bag slung on the other. She was trying to find a place where she could write quietly without any interruptions. Leighton was so enthralled with her characters from her story that she didn't notice the library itself until she ran into a bookshelf.
Leigh glanced up calmly and then she felt her mouth drop open. Leigh has never seen so many books before. There were new ones and old, large ones and small ones. The library itself was the biggest Leighton has ever laid eyes on. She was amazed by everything in Hogwarts, but so far, the library was her favorite.
Forcing herself to keep moving, Leigh ran her fingers along the spines of the books. Drea seemed happy as well, her purring was vibrating Leighton's shoulder making her smile.
Leigh once again was so memorized by the books that she didn't even notice there was a person standing right in front of her until she ran into them. Leigh cringed slightly and looked up with a grimace. "I'm sorry!" she said quickly, trying to cover up for her clumsiness.
Back to top Go down
Sydney Manette
Second Year
Sydney Manette

PostSubject: Re: Discovering the Library   Discovering the Library EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 10:29 pm

Sydney didn't know what he was even doing in the library. He absolutely detested books. They were the bane of his existence, and he didn't even care that sounded as melodramatic as it did.
He reckoned he needed to borrow another textbook since he had semi-ruined his after acting on impulse and flinging his to the wall with all his might. In his defense, it sounded like a good idea at the time. So, it was the intention of borrowing a book, that he ended up in the loathsome library." That could become its epithet," he though aloud as he browsed the books; each more boring than the last one. He was so focused on his task of finding a copy of his textbook, that he didn't notice a short brunette slam into him, nearly unbalancing him. He held out an arm to help he regain her balance, and grinned sheepishly.
"Nah. Don't worry about it. I should've watched where I was going."
The girl seemed timid, more than average girl, in fact. He would have to do something to change that.
Finding himself to be incredibly rude( and also having the perfect opportinity for introductions), Sydney smiled his dimpled smile and said, "Hullo. I'm Sydney, but please, called me Sid."
Shaking his head the the bookshelf he added, "I dunno what my mum was thinking when she named me. Honestly..."
Back to top Go down
Pierre Korsten
Fourth Year
Pierre Korsten

PostSubject: Re: Discovering the Library   Discovering the Library EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 10:32 pm

Pierre was trying to balance his bag, books and Puff at the same time as he headed to an empty table. He was meeting up with a few friends to study. The coral-pink Puffskein kept on bouncing from shoulder to shoulder, unbalancing the burly boy he almost ran into the girl in front of him, who had stopped all of a sudden, the movement making Puff crash to the floor, sqwuaking in protest at the rough treatment.

He quickly stepped back, the movement making him trip over the fallen Puff, making him crash into a bookcase.
Back to top Go down
Leighton Vladimir
Third Year
Leighton Vladimir

PostSubject: Re: Discovering the Library   Discovering the Library EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 10:46 pm

Leighton noticed that in the process of bumping into Sid that she caused another boy to fall down behind her. Leigh cringed lightly while turning to look around at the Hufflepuff boy. "I am so sorry!" Leighton's American accent cried, "I never am usually this clumsy!" or this nice, Leighton thought internally.
Leigh reached down to help up the boy and tried to plaster a smile on her face, but it felt more like a grimace. "I'm Leighton, call me Leigh. First year Slytherin." she told both them calmly, looking between Sid and the other Hufflepuff. "Please do not think I intentionally bumped into you," she turned to Sid quickly and then turned back to the other one. "Or made you run into me. I am not the devious." she felt the need to say that, because she was a Slytherin. That would have been the Slytherin thing to do.
Leigh stood in the middle of the two boys who towered over her small frame, while Drea stood on her shoulder looking at the two boys. She hoped that they wouldn't hate her because she was clumsy, American, and a Slytherin. Wow, Leighton thought, I am a real idiot.
Back to top Go down
Sydney Manette
Second Year
Sydney Manette

PostSubject: Re: Discovering the Library   Discovering the Library EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 10:52 pm

Sydney would've found her stammering amusing if he didn't know that she really was concerned. Laughing in this situation would not do him well. Though, it was becoming increasingly harder not to laugh when he saw Pierre had fallen.
"You alright, Pierre?"
Turning back towards the girl named Leighton, Leigh, Sydney mentally noted her American accent, "Don't worry about it. We Hufflepuffs are made out of tougher stuff," he added with a cheeky wink.
Back to top Go down
Pierre Korsten
Fourth Year
Pierre Korsten

PostSubject: Re: Discovering the Library   Discovering the Library EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 10:58 pm

Pierre was preoccupied with finding his Puffskein. "Puff, get out here...I swear, I am not going to drop you again, okay..." he cooed softly, forgetting all about the other two.

Placing a treat on the ground before standing, he nodded at the other two. "Please do not tell anyone that you just saw that." he said stiffly. "And I am alright, Sydney, and I do not blame you, new person who looks slightly familiar." he added. Okay, maybe he had inherited a FEW of the crazy Berbatov genes...
Back to top Go down
Leighton Vladimir
Third Year
Leighton Vladimir

PostSubject: Re: Discovering the Library   Discovering the Library EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 11:06 pm

Leighton smirked at both the boys. "Yeah, I think I've seen you in some of my classes." Leigh stated calmly. They both had very welcoming personalities, a grace Leighton had never possessed. She was always considered the odd one back in New York because of her otherworldly grey-green eyes and her almost anti-social and completely sarcastic personality.
Leigh picked up her tote bag which fell in the process of her practically mauling Sid and making Pierre fall onto the floor. "I'm never usually this clumsy." Leigh said, pushing a strand of her shoulder length curly hair out of her face. "But, it seems that tonight I honed in on this particular skill." Leigh said with a smile. "I'd still be careful around me though, I might fall while breathing and cause one of you to go flying to the floor." Leigh murmured almost angrily. This wasn't the exact way she wanted to meet new people.
Back to top Go down
Pierre Korsten
Fourth Year
Pierre Korsten

PostSubject: Re: Discovering the Library   Discovering the Library EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 2:02 pm

Pierre backed away slowly, not noticing that Puff was nibbling on the girl's shoe after emergng from under the shelf. I swear, that thing eats anything...he contemplated. "No offense, but I am not going to be in close quarters with you." he said, picking up his books and dumping them on an empty shelf.
Back to top Go down
Sydney Manette
Second Year
Sydney Manette

PostSubject: Re: Discovering the Library   Discovering the Library EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 5:51 pm

Sydney watched as Pierre excused himself- quite rudely in his opinion. He looked towards Leighton to gauge her reaction, and immediately felt it necessary to explain to her.
Shrugging nonchalantly and grinning wryly, he said, "He's really not that bad, you know"
He picked up the nearest book he found, pretending to be interested in Magical Ailments; He had to do some damage control, or things were about to get awkward real fast.
"He's not good with meeting people. I don't think first impressions are his forte, so don't hate him for it."
He looked up from the weird book, and tried to find out what she was thinking without much success.
Back to top Go down
Leighton Vladimir
Third Year
Leighton Vladimir

PostSubject: Re: Discovering the Library   Discovering the Library EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 8:21 pm

Leighton glanced at Pierre curiously, not with anger in her green eyes, but with understanding. She then turned back to Sid with an attractive smile on her face. "I understand. I'm not the best with people either." Leigh murmured calmly, whilst petting Drea that was still perched on her shoulder.
"Yet, aren't Hufflepuffs supposed to be unbearably friendly and extremely nice?" Leigh wondered bluntly. It wasn't that she was trying to be rude, she was just an overly curious child.
Leighton looked and Sydney with flushed cheeks. "I'm sorry, things sorta just spill out of my mouth." Leighton found herself saying sorry more times then she had in her whole life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discovering the Library   Discovering the Library Empty

Back to top Go down

Discovering the Library
Page 1 of 1