Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Office for Wayward and Inquisitive Students

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ursula Sparrow
Transfiguration Professor
Ursula Sparrow

Office for Wayward and Inquisitive Students Empty
PostSubject: Office for Wayward and Inquisitive Students   Office for Wayward and Inquisitive Students EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 10:08 am

Ursula straightened the curtains. She straightened them again and took a step back, making a clucking sound and taking an analysing look there. It had been quiet today. Most of her fourth year Transfiguration class today had spent it talking to the Grey Lady and Nearly Headless Nick. Apparently they had teamed together and explained what it had been like back in their day, the subject Transfiguration. Wholly boring, wholly difficult, wholly whole.

She hoped they prefered her teaching.

Any student is welcome, whether they struggled with something in the class, or care to RP with something. Welcome!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Office for Wayward and Inquisitive Students   Office for Wayward and Inquisitive Students EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 10:28 pm

Sami stepped right outside of Professor Sparrow's office, hand shaking slightly as she sealed the envelope containing a written letter to the Head of Gryffindor about a certain student in her house. Now, she didn't want to seem like a total priss who couldn't take a joke, but what those two kids did shook herbeyond belief. It was as though they were the Devil's own spawn, she thought, face still cherry-red from the tears that fell down her face at some point. She slowly bent down to where the slot was under the door and slid the letter into it, and walked away. Now, she had to go all the way back down to Professor Celare's office.

She sighed, why didn't I do that before?

Dear Professor Sparrow,

I'm sorry for any innk blots on this letter, as you might be able to tell in a few minutes, I'm not in the most stable state. But I'm not writing this to discuss my health. If I wanted to do that, I'd go to Healer Martinez. But anyways, I wanted to talk to you about this second year in Gryffindor. We (James Wilson, Allison Walker, and I) were serving detention in the Greenhouse for Professor Cooper. Now, before you start presuming anything, I'd like to say that we were all responsible in some way and have served our time. (Well, at least I did. But we're getting to that.) I was on my table fertilizing plants, doing exactly what I was supposed to be doing. Then, out of nowhere, he throws a handful of fertilizer at my head, which still stinks like cow dung. Both him and the Slytherin girl were in on it, but he threw the actual thing.

It just upsets me that a second year would do something like that. I don't know why, or why I'm surprised at all in the first place. He's a Gryffindor, what'd you expect? Boys will be boys, and do stupid things. I think what upset me most is that he didn't even try to apologize after seeing how angry I was. I know, conceited much? I just wish that he could've thought about it before. (I'm beginning to sound like those cheesy I feel _____ because ______.)

I'm sorry you had to listen to me ramble, professor. I just really needed to tell someone. I'm sorry if I'm a bit prissy about this as well. Feel freee to do what you want about the situation, you can call him out on it, or choose to do nothing. I just wanted you to know. I'll be giving this letter to the Head of Slytherin as well as another one.

Signed,
Sami Criss
Back to top Go down
Ursula Sparrow
Ursula Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Office for Wayward and Inquisitive Students   Office for Wayward and Inquisitive Students EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 3:50 pm

Seeing the black hair bouncing off a girl walking past her office Ursula stepped into her office. Her heel collided with something too squashy to be her parquet flooring, at which point she noticed the letter underneath her.

She read, wrinkling her nose at some of the things she read.
Smirking, she sat down back at her desk and put it down in her top left desk drawer. She'd be having words with James Wilson. Not altogether bad words, but words sure enough.

Back to top Go down
James Wilson
Fourth Year
James Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Office for Wayward and Inquisitive Students   Office for Wayward and Inquisitive Students EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 1:08 am

James received the owl at Breakfast. He didn't usually received letters as such, as his mother was partial to sending gift packages from home, so he was greatly intrigued as to why someone was sending him a letter.

James tore the letter from the owls leg and scanned the letter, looking over at the Ravenclaw table with a scowl. Fan-Bloody-Tastic, he thought to himself as he grabbed a piece of toast and headed back to Gryffindor Tower and to Professor Sparrow's office.

Knocking on the door, he secretly hoped that the Professor wasn't there, so he wouldn't have to get berated for something that anyone with half a brain would have done in his place. Sami was far too annoying a student, not to throw dragon dung at.

He waited for the inevitable, wishing he was still eating down in the Great Hall. Stupid Sami, he grumbled again.
Back to top Go down
Ursula Sparrow
Ursula Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Office for Wayward and Inquisitive Students   Office for Wayward and Inquisitive Students EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 2:55 pm

Lucky that Ursula had decided to do a pin turn back to her office, remembering she'd left her special mug in there. Heaven forbid she spend her hour in dinner today with a coffee cup that didn't have her name on it.

There's a knock.

"Come in!" she says, swallowing the bitter coffee and shutting the drawer of various shortcakes from Scotland. Nice sisters finish first, that's for sure.

If it's one of the people she is expecting this time today, then this is going to be very... interesting...
Back to top Go down
James Wilson
Fourth Year
James Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Office for Wayward and Inquisitive Students   Office for Wayward and Inquisitive Students EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 1:40 am

James heard Professor Sparrow's voice from behind the closed door and sighed. So much for her not being there. He turned the door handle, just wanting to get this over and done with.

Opening the door, James stepped through it, closing it behind him. He glanced around the room before turning his attention towards the Professor.

"Professor Sparrow," James greeted. He wasn't about to say anything first. He had a pretty good idea as to why he was here, but he didn't want to be the one to bring it up, so he merely stood there and waited to be acknowledged.
Back to top Go down
Ursula Sparrow
Ursula Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Office for Wayward and Inquisitive Students   Office for Wayward and Inquisitive Students EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 1:48 pm

Look at James, looking all sheepish. She'd never have to come by him before. He wasn't that much trouble, not really, when you looked at some of the other Gryffindors. They were a chore.

"James, let's not pretend we don't know what you did to the girl. We both know it. But I'd like to know, in your own words, why you did it."
Ursula puts prestigious emphasis on the last words, smiling.

Because if Ursula is anything, she is houseproud. Because if anything, Ursula has her favourites. And Gryffindor rules over anything.

"Speak, boy."
Back to top Go down
James Wilson
Fourth Year
James Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Office for Wayward and Inquisitive Students   Office for Wayward and Inquisitive Students EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 12:48 pm

James didn't really know what to say. He had done it because he wanted to? Because it was fun? Because Sami deserved it? All of these wouldn't win favours with the Gryffindor Head of House, (even if they were all true, in his eyes, at least) so he merely shrugged. He really didn't have a good enough explanation for why he did it, only that he didn't regret it.

"I dunno," he replied, in a typical boyish manner that drove his mother mental.
Back to top Go down
Ursula Sparrow
Ursula Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Office for Wayward and Inquisitive Students   Office for Wayward and Inquisitive Students EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 1:53 pm

Ursula rolled her eyes.
"James, let me just say-" Ursula tried to word this properly. "If you can word it properly, you're not going to get in trouble."

Hell, if he said he was a Death Eater, it wouldn't go any further. Ursula was prone to cutting off the head of management, so to speak, in behaviour. Ursula was good enough to cope with this, wasn't she.
Back to top Go down
James Wilson
Fourth Year
James Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Office for Wayward and Inquisitive Students   Office for Wayward and Inquisitive Students EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 2:09 pm

James looked up from his hands at the Transfiguration Professor and raised his eyebrows.

Seriously? Awesome, James mused. He wondered if he could eloquently pull off an excuse to get himself out of trouble. Technically, the fertiliser didn't hit Sami, so he could say that he was just.... umm... target practicing? No. That would definitely sound ridiculous. He didn't want to bring Alli up in all of this either; no sense her getting into trouble as well.

"Well..." he looked down at his hands again, which was definitely a dead give away, but he couldn't look Professor Sparrow in the eye. He really couldn't think of something to say, so he opted for telling the truth.

"I don't really have a good reason. She was being annoying and I threw it at her," he replied honestly.
Back to top Go down
Ursula Sparrow
Ursula Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Office for Wayward and Inquisitive Students   Office for Wayward and Inquisitive Students EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 3:32 pm

Cracking her serious face into a well earned grin, Ursula stood up and pointed at the door.
"James," she said in a serious voice, "I condemn you to go about your daily activities and think in every waking hour of your existance to have poor Sami in her fertilizer in your thoughts. I hope the seriousness of this echoes in your mind for many years to come," she added solemnly, adding a wink.

"Go on you young scallywag, get out of my office."
Back to top Go down
James Wilson
Fourth Year
James Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Office for Wayward and Inquisitive Students   Office for Wayward and Inquisitive Students EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 3:53 pm

James watched Professor Sparrow's expression change from somber to... not so somber.

He half thought that she was serious about keeping Sami on his thoughts for the rest of his existence and he deemed that stabbing himself with something sharp and was far more preferable than that. Some how though, James knew she was joking. Or at least he hoped that was the case.

He grinned back at the woman. "Thanks heaps, Professor," James said, pulling the office door open and stepping through it, rather pleased that he wasn't in more trouble.
Back to top Go down
Ursula Sparrow
Ursula Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Office for Wayward and Inquisitive Students   Office for Wayward and Inquisitive Students EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 5:54 pm

Some children, eh?
Ursula smiled to herself, stacking a few more papers back any more immaculately if she could. Some children.

Gryffindors weren't to be trifled with, and she hoped the other houses understood that. She'd kick 'em and bash 'em with a broom if they didn't. Or not. Maybe a threat would do.
Back to top Go down
Ethanael Fitz
First Year
Ethanael Fitz

PostSubject: Re: Office for Wayward and Inquisitive Students   Office for Wayward and Inquisitive Students EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 8:35 am

Ethanael ran into her office, with a look of fear on his face. This was a mistake, he should have not left the girl behind in the Forbidden Forest like that. But he needed a teacher, and Professor Sparrow was the first one that came into his mind. He was so worried, that he had forgotten to knock on the door.

"I am so sorry for trespassing like this, Professor, but there is an emergency," he blurted out, "There is a unconscious girl in the Forbidden Forest".
Back to top Go down
Ursula Sparrow
Ursula Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Office for Wayward and Inquisitive Students   Office for Wayward and Inquisitive Students EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 10:58 am

A blurry of black and yellow trimmed robes came through the door of her office, and Ursula tried to look as un-startled as one could be.
"Right, okay," she tries to say with a certain kind of authoritarian tone. "And you didn't think to go to Martinez?"
At this point, she thinks that this girl could be a Gryffindor, and the maternal feeling creeps back in again. Gryffindors, always Gryffindors. They would go into the Forest without someone half good at fighting a troll.. or what ever the reason was she was unconcious.

Sliding out from her desk, she pops on her less heeled shoes (yes, she actually has those kinds) and tells Mr Fitz to lead the way, a steely grip on his shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Ethanael Fitz
First Year
Ethanael Fitz

PostSubject: Re: Office for Wayward and Inquisitive Students   Office for Wayward and Inquisitive Students EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 7:03 pm

Ethanael mentallly kicked himself, ofcourse Mr Martinez was the best person for the job, how had he not thought of him? In a small voice, he says, "I'm sorry Professor, you were the first I thought of".

Watching as the woman took out shoes beside her usual high heels, he ran out of her office, leading her into the depths of the Forbidden Forest.
Back to top Go down
Ursula Sparrow
Ursula Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Office for Wayward and Inquisitive Students   Office for Wayward and Inquisitive Students EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 2:49 pm

Ursula shrugged at the thought and let Ethanael guide the way. As they approached the Forbidden Forest she was thankful she had brought something with a smaller heel, although she had traversed ravines in such things, which made her a tad bit smug.

"Where are we going, young Hufflepuff?" she asked clearly, as her footing faltered slightly. Ursula kept repeating what he had said to her earlier, and all she could repeat were the words not a Gryffindor.. not a Gryffindor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Office for Wayward and Inquisitive Students   Office for Wayward and Inquisitive Students Empty

Back to top Go down

Office for Wayward and Inquisitive Students
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Novitas :: Archived Posts :: March 2011-
Jump to: