Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Post-Rescue

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

Post-Rescue Empty
PostSubject: Post-Rescue   Post-Rescue EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 10:06 pm

Natalie felt herself get picked up and carried off by the boy from the Quidditch pitch. He was oddly strong for an eleven year old, but she did not object, since it was a free ride up to the castle. Plus, she might get to make a new friend.

She felt the ride get a little bit smoother, meaning that they were no longer traveling on the uneven grass of the grounds and had moved to the stone of the entrance courtyard. It also meant that her ride was over, before he actually got her to the hospital wing and she had to explain what happened.

She opened her eyes and grinned up at the boy. "Hello!" she said cheerfully.

After hopping down and brushing little bits of dirt and grass off her uniform, she looked back at him. "I'm Natalie Olivier, and you didn't look like you were enjoying yourself at all back there," she introduced with a bright smile.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

Post-Rescue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-Rescue   Post-Rescue EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 10:27 pm

Landon wasn't having the easiest time getting the girl in his arms back to the castle. It wasn't that she was heavy it was just a little hard to travel on the grass holding another person. He stumbled a few times at first but regained his footing. He was happy when they got to the courtyard it meant it would be a little bit easier to carry her. Just as he was going to turn right in the direction of the Hospital Wing he heard a chipper greeting. He looked down and sure enough it was from the girl in his arms.

Once she was back on her feet he smiled at her. "Hi, Landon Montgomery, nice to meet you Miss Natalie. And unfortunately, I wasn't enjoying myself. Those ladies back there were a little snobby to me mostly because of my house I guess. They were being stereotypical mean girls which I'm not interested in. Are you sure you're ok? You took a bit of a fall back there." He appreciated what she did, helping him and all but wanted to make sure she wasn't really hurt.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

Post-Rescue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-Rescue   Post-Rescue EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 10:33 pm

"I'm perfectly fine," Natalie assured him. "You just looked like you could use a hand to make a getaway."

She couldn't really comment on how the girls had been acting, since she didn't hear them. She wasn't even sure she knew their names. "Can you imagine if I'd told them that the Frazzlegorps were building an army? That would have been funny," she giggled. "Of course, they are building an army, but they're completely harmless. I think," she added as an afterthought.

She shook herself out of her thoughts. "So Landon Montgomery, why were you talking to them in the first place if you weren't enjoying yourself?"
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

Post-Rescue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-Rescue   Post-Rescue EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 10:41 pm

Landon nodded and grinned at Natalie. "I didn't know how to excuse myself without coming off as rude so thanks. I owe you one." He meant it. If he said he owed someone he was going to make sure he repaid them whenever they wanted or needed his help with something. When she mentioned the 'Frazzlegorps' Landon's eyebrow raised. That was certainly a new one. He could question her but decided to just keep going with their conversation. He could learn more about her interests another time.

Now he had to explain to her how the whole incident came about. This might take awhile. He sighed and took a deep breath. "Well you see, I want to be a really great Quidditch player someday so I went to the Quidditch Pitch to daydream and get into my element. Ever since I got my acceptance letter for Hogwarts I've been ecstatic to visit the Quidditch Pitch. I laid down looking at the clouds imagining myself up there when the girls tripped over me. When I checked on them, I got the cold shoulder and then rude remarks."
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

Post-Rescue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-Rescue   Post-Rescue EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 10:51 pm

Natalie nodded in comprehension. "How peculiar. Perhaps the Frazzlegorps have already gotten to them... That would be bad," she considered going to the Headmaster's office to warn him, but she brushed it off. "Highly unlikely, though. I can't see how Frazzlegorps would be attracted to Ravenclaws. They hate the color blue."

She realized she was getting off track again. "I've never played Quidditch before. I've never even been on a broom before," she said. It seemed like they were in for a nice chat, so she decided to make herself comfortable at the base of the statue of Cornelius the Confused.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

Post-Rescue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-Rescue   Post-Rescue EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 10:56 pm

Now Landon was curious as to what Frazzlegorps were. Natalie seemed to be fascinated by them and if she was going to continue mention he might as well learn what they are. He decided to be nonchalant about the whole thing. "So, Natalie, what exactly are Frazzlegorps?" Maybe others knew what they were but he wasn't sure, at all. "What do they like and dislike, besides blue?" He wouldn't admit it but he was actually kind of fascinated by these Frazzlegorp things.

They were going to be holding two different conversations, this would be interesting. "I've never played Quidditch but I've always been interested in it. My parents used to take me to the matches and all of that. I was intrigued by how the players were. They looked so graceful. My dad always took me on the broom. He wanted me to get used to the feeling and he loved to fly, too."
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

Post-Rescue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-Rescue   Post-Rescue EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 11:07 pm

Natalie was surprised that Landon didn't know about Frazzlegorps. "They are tiny creatures, smaller than a fruit fly, and if they somehow get inside you, you have irrational reactions to everything that happens to you. There was a witch in Bath who was infected, and when her boyfriend proposed to her, she jelly legs jinxed him and slapped his mother," she said quickly with a nod of certainty. "I'm not really sure what else they like or don't like. Still doing some tests."

She thought about the one time that her mother had tried to teach her how to fly. At the time, she had been six years old and absolutely petrified of heights; she had ended up wrapping her arms and legs around a tree in their backyard and not moving until her mother put the broom away and went inside the house. "I don't think I'd like it," she said, wrinkling her nose. "Too high for me."
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

Post-Rescue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-Rescue   Post-Rescue EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 11:14 pm

"That poor man and his mother." Landon smiled. "You know, I think that witch may have been my cousin." He told her trying to joke with her a little bit. Ok, so he was still a little socially awkward when it came to being around a girl. He couldn't help it, after all, he was only eleven. He hoped that as he aged he would grow out of the awkwardness. "Let's hope they don't get attracted to me. Who knows what I might do." It was a little worrying to think you couldn't control yourself because of tiny creatures.

It surprised him that Natalie never rode a broom. It was one of his favorite pastimes. "Well you're missing out, miss. It's a liberating experience. For that short time, you're free, like a bird or some other flying creature. Humans can't fly so they created brooms to try to give us that experience the animals are so lucky to have. I would imagine nothing compares to be able to fly using your body but this will just have to do." He smiled nervously at her.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

Post-Rescue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-Rescue   Post-Rescue EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 11:23 pm

Natalie cocked her head to the side and looked at Landon, then burst into a fit of giggles. "You're funny, Lando. Can I call you Lando? I'm going to call you Lando," she grinned.

Her stomach grumbled loudly but food could wait for the time being. Talking to Landon was far more fun than going to the Great Hall or the Kitchens to eat.

She listened attentively as he explained the delights of flying. It sounded like he really loved it, which Natalie found admirable. It was important to have a passion for something in life. "Who says humans can't fly?" she asked. "Have you ever tried?"
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

Post-Rescue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-Rescue   Post-Rescue EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 11:48 pm

Landon smiled when Natalie giggled. At least she didn't look at him like he was crazy. Hopefully this was going to continue to go well and he wouldn't make too much of a fool of himself. When she mentioned the nickname and didn't give him a chance to answer he chuckled a bit. "Sounds like I don't have much of a choice. But, Lando is fine." He didn't mind nicknames as long as they weren't rude ones. Natalie didn't seem like a rude person to him so this was definitely going to go smoothly.

The embarrassing part was coming. No one ever asked him before if he tried to fly but truth be told, he did try. His cheeks turned a light tint of pink. "Actually, I have tried. A few years ago, after my first flying lesson. I stood in my backyard and flapped my arms trying to fly. It was a failed attempt of course. I ended up looking like an idiot, standing their flapping my wings...erm...arms. But at least I tried." He shrugged but his cheeks remained pink.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

Post-Rescue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-Rescue   Post-Rescue EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 11:54 pm

"A few years ago?!" she said incredulously. "That's rubbish. How do you know things haven't changed since then? You have to check regularly. You never know what could happen."

She got up off the base of the statue and looked around for something she could jump off. The closest thing she could see was a small bench. It wasn't much, but it would have to do. "Come on," she said, grabbing his arm and dragging him to it.

Using his shoulder for leverage, she climbed up onto it. She held out a hand to help him up. "Come on, we're going to try to fly," she said with a grin.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

Post-Rescue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-Rescue   Post-Rescue EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 12:02 am

It was surprising to hear and see Natalie's reaction to him not being able to fly by himself. Were humans supposed to be able to fly? Maybe he wasn't keeping up with the times properly or something and it was something new. "I wasn't aware we were supposed to be able to fly but I guess I can check once more." He already felt foolish but if it was going to make her happy, then, why not?"

Before he knew it he was being dragged off and found himself standing in front of a bench. He made sure Natalie was up ok and then when she held out her hand he took it and stepped onto the bench. This was definitely going to make him look ridiculous so he hoped no one else was going to walk by and see them flapping like idiots.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

Post-Rescue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-Rescue   Post-Rescue EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 12:09 am

Natalie smiled widely as Landon joined her on the bench. "Alright, you jump that way," she pointed, "and I'll jump this way," she pointed in another direction, "that way we won't hit each other when we flap our arms."

She took a tiny step away from him, as far as the bench would allow, so that they would be less likely to slap each other. "Ready? On the count of three. One... two... three!"

On her final word, she lept from the bench, flapping her arms like mad. Unsurprisingly, she landed on the ground with a tumble. She should have been disappointed by failure, but instead, she just laughed.

"Anything?" she called to Landon, still laying on the ground.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

Post-Rescue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-Rescue   Post-Rescue EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 12:35 am

This was going to be an interesting experience but at least he'd have something to write home about. So his parents might think he's a little insane, so what? Nothing was wrong with a little bit of insanity here and there. He shrugged still a little nervous. "Ok let's do this." At first he watched Natalie but then decided he should join her. With that thought, he started to flap him arms and then proceeded to jump off the bench. He landed on his stomach. "Oomph." He groaned.

Face to ground certainly wasn't pleasant. He mostly landed on his stomach which wasn't too bad. He brought himself back to his feet and wiped himself clean of any dirt or pebbles. "I'm fine but landed on my stomach." He walked back over to Natalie and helped her back to her feet. "I'm assuming you didn't have any luck either unless you voluntarily fell like that which is possible."

Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

Post-Rescue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-Rescue   Post-Rescue EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 1:02 am

"Thanks, Lando," Natalie said as he helped her to her feet.

She brushed herself off for the second time that day. "Well, look on the bright side, nothing is broken, and we proved two things today. One- people still can't fly, two- gravity still works!" she said cheerily. Far too many people focused on the negatives in life. "We're being pretty darn productive, I'd say. A lot of people don't accomplish this much in a month, let alone one day, because they simply don't try."

Her stomach grumbled again, no longer ignorable, but she was having so much fun with Landon. "What do you say to going to get something to eat?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

Post-Rescue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-Rescue   Post-Rescue EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 1:13 am

Landon nodded at Natalie's thanks. "You're welcome." He smiled at her. "But we already knew gravity still works or we wouldn't be standing here having this conversation. Instead we'd be floating around the grounds. I don't think we'll ever be able to fly unless someone creates a spell or potion that temporarily makes you fly. Flying forever would get a little boring."

This time he heard Natalie's stomach grumble and he chuckled. She must be hungry. He couldn't deny it was starting to get hungry too. It was the perfect time to tease her. "All that throwing yourself on the ground starting to make you work up an appetite?" He put his arm out so she could take it and then they could head off to get some food.

Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

Post-Rescue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-Rescue   Post-Rescue EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 1:26 am

Natalie raised her eyebrow at him. "Cheeky! Scientific discovery always makes me hungry."

She looked at the arm he offered to her as if she had just watched it sprout from his body. "Don't be ridiculous," she said.

She grasped him by the shoulders and turned him around so he was facing the doorway. "Ready?" she asked, even though there was no way he knew what to be ready for. Then, she leaped up onto his back and locked her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist.

"To the Kitchens!" she declared, quite pleased with herself for managing to get two free rides from him that day as he set off for the kitchen, hardly bothered by the extra weight on his back.

(OoC: permission to god model was granted by Landon)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Post-Rescue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post-Rescue   Post-Rescue Empty

Back to top Go down

Post-Rescue
Page 1 of 1