Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Fiona Millington

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fiona Millington
First Year
Fiona Millington

Fiona Millington Empty
PostSubject: Fiona Millington   Fiona Millington EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 8:11 pm

Fiona Millington 6981952231c9b48c1d3fa1d0353d3f12
.Basic Information.
Full Name: Fiona Holly Millington
Nickname: -----
Birthdate: April 10th
House: Ravenclaw
Blood Type: Unsure

.Appearance.
Eye Color: Cerulean Blue
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Hair Length: Mid-Back
Height: Average
Body Type: Average
Distinguishing Marking(s): She always has on an intricate silver ring on her right forefinger
Other: She is still growing, and so is her hair. Her hair often looks black, but in the right light you'll see that it's just really dark brown, and her eyes stand out most of the time due to the bright shade of blue

.Preferences.
Likes: books, music, holidays, the rain, school, the color silver, loners, mysteries, logical thinking, chess, tea
Dislikes: loud noises, pranks, stereotypes, chocolate, winter, summer, chores, being frowned upon, receiving pity from strangers, History, fairy tales, being treated like a delinquent or an inferior
Strengths: neat handwriting, fast learner, excels in most every subject, hiding her feelings, quick thinker, natural instinct to sensing nearby danger, handling animals, strong willed, won't hesitate to defend herself or others if they are in critical need
Weaknesses: has trust issues, can be a bit rude, stubbornness, judging people off first impressions, quiet, doesn't like to ask for help (even when she needs it), not able to easily express her hidden feelings, a dark past, a bit of an anger issue problem

.Family.
Father: -----
Mother: -----
Siblings: -----
Pet: A Raven named Kira

.Personal History.

For as long as she can remember, Fiona has always lived in an orphanage in the southern parts of the UK. She grew up with a few other orphaned girls and boys. But, she was the oldest because she had been the first occupant of Hoshwick Orphanage when it opened up. She had been six when she first entered the orphanage. She doesn't tell anyone who doesn't already know about her past, and that includes you. She knows exactly what happened to her parents, but thats a piece of information you'd have to get from the source, not here. Unless you become a good friend of hers, you won't get the chance to know much further than this:

She hasn't made that many friends, even though she went to Muggle School while living at the orphanage. Everyone at the school knew she was an orphan, and they had always looked at her with obvious pity in their eyes (at least some of them did) and it sickened Fiona to the core. She had first shown signs of magic when she was seven years old. She had become really angry at a boy who had been whispering rather loudly about her and it had just happened. He sat behind her in class and either thought she couldn't hear him, or was trying to mock her or something. Either way, his chair somehow ended up sliding out from under him and being thrown across the room and the wood chair smashed against the wall. Fiona, despite the fact that she hadn't been even facing the group, was blamed for the disturbance by near everyone in the class, and she was punished by the teacher. No one dared sit near her from then on, and she honestly didn't mind in the least. She still was the star pupil and got the best grades, even in some advanced classes. School was better than being at the orphanage, which was why she went to such lengths as seeking out extra assignments to help her understand to get better grades.

At the orphanage, she had to do chores and homework and help look after the younger children with the director of the orphanage. The few other children there were younger than her, and she didn't even bother to try and befriend them. She tried to hone the 'powers' she had displayed in class, and got as far as being able to sit back and read while the mops washed the floors and dishes cleaned themselves. Fiona especially adores books because they allow you to escape your own life, if even for just a few hundred pages, and go into the world of someone else.

When she received her letter of acceptance to Hogwarts, she was most definitely surprised. She had only read about things similar to these, and it was unbelievable and illogical. The director of the orphanage agreed to allow her to go, and even to give her a small sum of money for supplies, but other than that he wanted nothing to do with it. Fiona was definitely excited to be getting away from the orphanage for an entire school year, although she didn't openly display her excitement.

.Other.
How did you find us? A friend emailed me about Hogwarts Novitas

Wizard God has approved this profile
Back to top Go down
Fiona Millington
First Year
Fiona Millington

Fiona Millington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiona Millington   Fiona Millington EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 5:03 pm

Dear Mum & Dad,

Well, I made it to the Leaky Cauldron alright, and I've also gotten all of my school supplies. Despite my limited amount of money, I bought this journal to continue writing letters to you both.. I left my other letter journal back at the orphanage, seeing as how this is a new experience for me. I'll bring this journal to Hogwarts with me. Have I told you about Hogwarts? I haven't written to you in quite a long time, so I'll fill you in on this much:

I don't know if you knew this would happen, but it turns out that I'm a witch. I can't help but wonder whether or not one or both of you were magical, or if you weren't at all. I suppose it really doesn't matter now, but.. as always, I'm curious about you guys.. In case you weren't magical, I'm in Diagon Alley, which is in London! London! I know, it's so far from home, but I'm not scared. I've been on my own back at the orphanage so much that it doesn't seem all that different. I even have chores to do here at the Leaky Cauldron, just so I can pay for my stay here. Witches and wizards have a different kind of money system, but not even the Orphanage could give me enough Muggle (non-magical folk) money for a week's stay at the Leaky Cauldron. It's not that bad, mostly helping out with cleaning.

Anyways, I'm getting kind of off topic right now. I've gotten all my supplies and I've even gotten my own pet. Her name is Kira, and she's a raven. A small one, but something in those mysterious black eyes of hers drew me in. She's in her cage right now. It's night time, and although I'm not technically supposed to be up, I am. I wanted to tell you about a girl I met. Her name's Lachlan Normandy, and she's the first girl my age who's talked to me since coming here. She's... Well, I don't know exactly how to describe her accurately. She seems a little too upbeat for me, but she seemed alright. I got kind of snappy with her when she seemed to expect me to tell her about myself, but then again I do that with most everyone. I haven't got all that much experience with other people, but at Hogwarts, I'll have to have some friends, right? Actual friends..

Anyways, I should probably be going to sleep now. I hear reading and writing in the night makes your eyes go bad, and I don't want glasses (bleh). I promise, I'll write again soon. Maybe when I'm on the train. I hope your holding up alright up there..

From Your Daughter...
Fiona Millington

P.S. Enclosed Pensieve Memory (Meeting Lachlan)

Last edited by Fiona Millington on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fiona Millington
First Year
Fiona Millington

Fiona Millington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiona Millington   Fiona Millington EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 3:30 pm

To Mum & Dad,

I'm writing to you from on the Hogwarts Express steam engine, like I said I would. Well, not much more had happened in the past five days. Actually, there was one thing I want to tell you about:

See, the day after I wrote to you last time, I went to Centenary Park (also in Diagon Alley) with Kira. I was just taking a small walk around. Wizard parks are a lot like Muggle ones, you know. I thought they'd be different at first, but I suppose parks are all about nature and magic can't do much about that. (They did have a variety of different plants, though..)

I'm getting off topic again. So, I was walking along the path when I saw some boy aiming an actual slingshot loaded with a rock at a raccoon. I thought that the boy was horrid at first, and I thought he got what he deserved when the raccoon made him run up into the tree like the coward he was. It turned out that there were three other people up in the same tree, all of them up there (I assume) because they were scared of a hungry raccoon. I swear, some people just don't use their common sense at times. The boy shooting a rock at a raccoon and not expecting it to get angry. And the other three for not thinking of using food to make it leave.

In the end, though, I helped them out. Had to give up my sandwich for it to leave, but the worst part of it was that they weren't even thankful (except for one girl who's named Gwen Cooper. I might be able to get along with her later on in the year..). One boy even had the nerve to call me an 'animal whisper' in the most insulting tone of voice.

In fact, he's right here in my train compartment. I kind of wanted to forget the whole thing had even happened, but j Just by the way he's ignoring me, I can tell that he's not all that fond of me... I don't care though. I can find people other than him to be friends with. I haven't seen Lachlan around, though, so I am getting kind of lonely bored.. The other two occupants of our compartments are an older boy and girl. They're having their own conversation, and that's why I chose this as the perfect time to write to you guys.

Wherever you two are, I hope you're leading a good 'after'-life. Don't forget about me, all right? Love to you both.

Your Daughter...

Fiona Millington

P.S. Enclosed Pensieve Memory (Raccoon Incident)

P.P.S. Enclosed Pensieve Memory (On the Train)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fiona Millington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiona Millington   Fiona Millington Empty

Back to top Go down

Fiona Millington
Page 1 of 1