Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Turning Ordinary Games into Wizard Games: Promise not to blow anything up.....intentionally

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cassopeia Marling
Second Year
Cassopeia Marling

Turning Ordinary Games into Wizard Games: Promise not to blow anything up.....intentionally - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turning Ordinary Games into Wizard Games: Promise not to blow anything up.....intentionally   Turning Ordinary Games into Wizard Games: Promise not to blow anything up.....intentionally - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 6:29 pm

"I'll get my eyes examined the minute you get your fashion sense sorted out," she says smugly, thinking that was the best retort ever and whispering that to him afterwards. For her, it's pretty good anyway.

"Fine, I'll be the villian... to your aims. But to me, I am the hero! Bwhahaha!" Cass thinks this also very good logic, for her standards, anyways. "Did you notice you've stopped blocking yourself, Raven?" Cass swipes in the same palce as she does last. He's just as bad as she is- raring to hit rather than to defend. When really, defending's what you need to do best. Keep your head in the game.

As Raven takes a step back, the downward slash tosses the 'sword' out of Cass' hand. It seems to land in some odd looking damp patch in the newly mown grass. She pants and yelps, doing an awkward fake stumble and backing up against the tree. Ahah! A fake epiphany! She leaps up to reach the dangling branch ahead of her and- and-

"Raven," she grumbles, folding her arms and staring at the floor, "Can you reach that at all?"

Back to top Go down
Raven Drake
Second Year
Raven Drake

Turning Ordinary Games into Wizard Games: Promise not to blow anything up.....intentionally - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turning Ordinary Games into Wizard Games: Promise not to blow anything up.....intentionally   Turning Ordinary Games into Wizard Games: Promise not to blow anything up.....intentionally - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 2:17 pm

“Don’t you know a good defense is a good offense?” Raven retorted back with a grin. Watching as the ‘sword’ went flying out of Pia’s hands, he was going to take advantage but was brought up short when the girl tried to jump for the branch. Trying to stifle his laughter in his free hand he couldn’t keep himself from smiling at her though. Going over to where she was he raised a brow. “Pax?”

Setting his own stick down he bent his knees and jumped. Grabbing hold of the branch and dangling really, he looked down at his friend. “What do you need it for?”
Back to top Go down
Cassopeia Marling
Second Year
Cassopeia Marling

PostSubject: Re: Turning Ordinary Games into Wizard Games: Promise not to blow anything up.....intentionally   Turning Ordinary Games into Wizard Games: Promise not to blow anything up.....intentionally - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 3:59 pm

"I might have heard that somewhere along the way," she mumbles, kicking the grass about underneath her. Then again if they were both so strident in being on the defense, they'd just be stood their poised to do absolutely nothing, so she figured at least one of them would have to be in the attack-y mood.

She looks innocently up at Raven. "Oh, you know, the usual. I want to have your neck on a platter and your unbreakable vow that you will carry Bradley to the Great Hall and back every Sunday at breakfast. At least I hope they have breakfast there. Normal stuff," she concluded, pulling at him so the branch'd break off.

"Fine. Pax," she said, smiling. "Nice word. What's it mean?" Her voice trailed off as she guessed it meant something along the line of truce or something. After all, he'd stopped trying to play-kill, hadn't he?

"I don't really want my old branch anymore," she said sadly. But it didn't matter. If they were resuming normal mode again then the least she could get as a momento would be a branch, even if it wasn't the wounded air invisible non-existant blood dripping Excalibur she had. Cass knows she's got to keep that sword out of the way of watchful eyes. Some cheeky buggers want everything you hold out in the open.
Back to top Go down
Raven Drake
Second Year
Raven Drake

PostSubject: Re: Turning Ordinary Games into Wizard Games: Promise not to blow anything up.....intentionally   Turning Ordinary Games into Wizard Games: Promise not to blow anything up.....intentionally - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 11:36 am

Laughing, Raven almost let go of the branch as the mental image of carrying Pia’s toad to and from the Great Hall on a cushion came to mind. It was a very amusing image and his mouth and cheeks hurt from grinning. He wasn’t so sure that it was a good idea for his friend to be hanging onto him at the moment. Sure, she was trying to help him help her, but at the moment, he felt his grip on the branch begin to slip a little.

Glad for a distraction from his imaginings, he tried to tighten his hold on the wood. “Truce, peace, something like that.”

Looking down at his friend as the stick they were trying to get finally broke and his brown eyes went wide as they fell. Stumbling a little, he held out the broken wood to Pia. “I only said pax while we got the branch for you. If you want we can start playing again.”
Back to top Go down
Cassopeia Marling
Second Year
Cassopeia Marling

PostSubject: Re: Turning Ordinary Games into Wizard Games: Promise not to blow anything up.....intentionally   Turning Ordinary Games into Wizard Games: Promise not to blow anything up.....intentionally - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 4:37 pm

Cass lets go and rejoices- yes, rejoices, all young girls do it these days. It's the thing to do- at the branch being mostly intact. Infact, it looks more like a wand than anything else. Spindly. Which reminds her of her disastrous happening in Ollivander's shop. That was embarrassing. She'd have to remind herself to go back there before the train and see if anything had changed, or if any wands liked her yet.

"Peace sounds nice," she says dreamily, "but world peace sounds even better. Can we do that?"

Cass grumbles something incoherant about Raven's use of Pax and folds her arms. "So you're taking back the peace? This sounds very mean, you do know this? After all, don't you want to finish off your game?" This doesn't seem to satisfy Cass' need to attack something; she's been in such a small space all of today, after being stuck in the smallest room at the Leaky with her Dad in the nicest. Trust him. All that energy and excitement.
Back to top Go down
Raven Drake
Second Year
Raven Drake

PostSubject: Re: Turning Ordinary Games into Wizard Games: Promise not to blow anything up.....intentionally   Turning Ordinary Games into Wizard Games: Promise not to blow anything up.....intentionally - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 7:50 pm

Raven laughed at his friend that actually considered that. World peace was an oxymoron or at least to him it was. There was no such thing. It was a made up term. Shaking his head he opened his mouth to say so but Pia was already grumbling about him taking back his truce. Canting his head in curiosity, he frowned then shrugged as he went and picked up his stick again.

Raising it and getting in a stance he arched a brow. “Then you’d best be prepared for another assault, aye?”

He wondered what got into his friend when they’d been having fun. Was it because he’d called a truce then took it back? Even though technically he hadn’t taken it back. The truce was meant to last until Pia got her branch. Pushing the thought away, he figured she’d tell him if she wanted.

“Let’s finish this. Oh!” he got excited as told her, “I get to get a familiar before we go to Hogwarts!”
Back to top Go down
Cassopeia Marling
Second Year
Cassopeia Marling

PostSubject: Re: Turning Ordinary Games into Wizard Games: Promise not to blow anything up.....intentionally   Turning Ordinary Games into Wizard Games: Promise not to blow anything up.....intentionally - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 8:05 pm

Cass tries to do a fluid movement that somehow makes her newly reinstated stick look like a bow. All the girls in the movies have bows, or at least the one she watches over and over does. They look up fiercly as the wind blows their hair around but it isn't that windy today and there isn't one of those camera boxes taking all of this action down. So the bow will have to do.

"A familiar? What, like a friend you already know? Or am I missing something? Wait," Cass shakes her hands and head, "let me start again. What's a familiar?"
Something tells her she's missed something obvious and she bites her lip. Oh well, she's sure if it's important he'll tell her.

"Don't you think we should be ganging up on others, Raven? Or is World Domination not a good enough term for you?"
At which point, all this talk gives Cass an idea.

Aiming for the jugglar, she puts the stick up against his windpipe with as much force as she can muster. More muster, more surprise, yes?
Back to top Go down
Raven Drake
Second Year
Raven Drake

PostSubject: Re: Turning Ordinary Games into Wizard Games: Promise not to blow anything up.....intentionally   Turning Ordinary Games into Wizard Games: Promise not to blow anything up.....intentionally - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 8:22 pm

World Domination…now that was a thought! Before he could open his mouth, Pia’s stick was at his neck and he blinked in surprise. Had she been holding back on him? Quickly bringing up his stick to bring it up between him and the girl’s stick, Raven shoved hard, knocking it away. Jumping back he eyed her warily.

“World Domination is overrated. And you have to get the proper leader and most of them are really stupid, Pia.” Or jerks or just plain evil.

Waving his stick back in forth in front of him like he’d seen in that movie he and his mum had just watched last week, he curiously asked, “You don’t know what a familiar is? You’re a witch, Pia. I thought you would know. I mean, Bradley is yours isn’t he?”

Grinning unable to resist teasing the girl he put on a look of mock hurt and sadness. “Poor Bradely. Better not let his ribbitness hear you say that.”
Back to top Go down
Cassopeia Marling
Second Year
Cassopeia Marling

PostSubject: Re: Turning Ordinary Games into Wizard Games: Promise not to blow anything up.....intentionally   Turning Ordinary Games into Wizard Games: Promise not to blow anything up.....intentionally - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 9:03 pm

Cass mumbles something about Raven always ruining her fun. She swears he stole her baking tray and hit it somewhere the day before her actual birthday. Penny had flipped her wand looking for it and Raven had just had this sheepish lie of a smirk on his face. Naturally, Cass defended him to the hilt and blamed it on Adam but behind closed doors Cass had pouted and sulked a lot that day.

"Is that why you're always the leader?" she asks innocently, picking up the stick once again. She can feel a little splinter forming near one of her nails and curls it around the stick. Maybe she'll be doing this for the rest of her life-- curling one finger around her wand-- if she ever gets one.

Cass rubs her shoulder sheepishly. Whether Raven recalls Bradley being a sort of actually stolen pet is beyond her control and she doesn't exactly revel in the thoughts, so it's best that he either remembers by his own accord or he thinks what ever he is thinking and it's totally awesome and legitimate.

"Oh yea, of course," she says, with gusto. "I'm sure he'll forgive me if I make enough lacewing clusters."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Turning Ordinary Games into Wizard Games: Promise not to blow anything up.....intentionally   Turning Ordinary Games into Wizard Games: Promise not to blow anything up.....intentionally - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Turning Ordinary Games into Wizard Games: Promise not to blow anything up.....intentionally
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2