Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Practice makes you perfect, right?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Practice makes you perfect, right? Empty
PostSubject: Practice makes you perfect, right?   Practice makes you perfect, right? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 9:01 pm

Sami made her way from the Ravenclaw Common Room, to the seventh floor near the tapestry of the two dancing trolls. It being a rather cold, and frosty evening, most of the students- to her knowledge,- were inside the castle, leaving her with practically no sense of silence. And that was only the Ravenclaws. She sighed and stood outside the area where the door was said to appear, shivering as she attempted to keep herself warm. After a moment, she realized that just standing there wouldn't do much and began pacing in front of the painting. I need a quiet place where I can sing in peace, she chanted. A quiet place where I can sing in peace... She was still pacing a minute later and almost missed the door to the mysterious Room of Requirement making its appearance in front of her. She immediately stopped pacing, and reached into her pocket, hand grasping a piece of parchment on which she had written the song on.

The witch took a deep breath, this it it, and entered the doorway hoping there was nothing to bad inside.
Back to top Go down
Pierre Korsten
Fourth Year
Pierre Korsten

PostSubject: Re: Practice makes you perfect, right?   Practice makes you perfect, right? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 11:01 pm

Pierre quickened his pace as he trotted through the halls, his paintball gun clasped in one hand as he pulled his jacket closer around him. Everyone was inside their common rooms, by the fires. The Puffs were all huddled together by year, and Pierre needed to work on his aim without anyone freaking out. He hopped off the last stair to the seventhh floor and broke into a run, thinking, Somewhere for target practice, somewhere for target practice. he thought, shivering from a draft.

After pacing around for a bit, a door finally materializing in the wall. Hurrying through it, he stopped after seeing someone already in there. "Oh, er sorry." he said, but his eyes were on the multiple wooden targets on the walls, varying heights everywhere in no certain pattern.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Practice makes you perfect, right?   Practice makes you perfect, right? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:43 pm

Sami took a few deep breaths, something she thought relaxed her and her vocal chords. Closing her eyes, imagining what this would look like onstage, she began to sing, letting her emotions take control over her body:

"Dear Prudence,
Won't you come out to play?
Dear Prudence,
Greet the brand new day."

She let the last word trail a little longer than needed. With every lymric she sang, the lighter and more care-free she felt. Perhaps this is what singers feel like, she wondered, not looking for an answer. Acting was all she needed, other than love. Feeling like she could fly, she began twirling and swaying to the beat in her head, every care disapearing step by step. She was into the chorus, she had hardly noticed that the walls began slowly morphing into something else, with a hint of what it had looked like before. In fact, the girl was so busy "looking around, around, around" she didn't see the Hufflepuff boy entering the Room of Requirement.
Back to top Go down
Pierre Korsten
Fourth Year
Pierre Korsten

PostSubject: Re: Practice makes you perfect, right?   Practice makes you perfect, right? EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 10:58 pm

Pierre ignored the singing girl and stuffed foam ear buds in his ears, narrowing his eyes as he brought up his gun, aiming at the target closest to him, bright pink paint splattering on the red and white target. The tall third year smirked and began his warm up, the pink soon decorating the walls ass he hit each target perfectly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Practice makes you perfect, right?   Practice makes you perfect, right? EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 3:17 pm

Sami turned abruptly at the sound of a paint gun splattering paint on its target. To say she was annoyed would be an understatement, as she had specifically asked for no interruptions, whatsoever. "How the ruddy hell are ye here?" She marched up towards the Hufflepuff boy and pulled the ear buds out of his ears, repeating her question. Unless he for some reason asked to see her (which she sincerely doubted,) Korsten had no reason to be in there, breathing air and taking up space. Her space. "Is there anything you'd like to do, other than bug the 'ell outta me?"

She stood back and crossed her arms over her chest, tapping her foot impatiently. Walking right past Kyra in the halls pretending that the arguement never happened was bad enough, but having the teen who invited her in the first place made her day all the more worse. She looked around, noticing that her once-perfect place for singing and dancing had half-morphed into some kind of target-practice range. The soon-to-be actress crinkled her nose in digust. "Well?"
Back to top Go down
Pierre Korsten
Fourth Year
Pierre Korsten

PostSubject: Re: Practice makes you perfect, right?   Practice makes you perfect, right? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 12:54 am

Pierre blinked as his ear buds were rather rudely ripped from his ears. "I was just looking for a place to practice. Apparently magic decided to put us together." he huffed, lowering his gun. Glaring at her mildly, he decided to sit down on the carpeted floor.

"I shouldn't even be talking to you, since Ki is all pissed at you."

Wow.

He was utterly whipped by his best friend...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Practice makes you perfect, right?   Practice makes you perfect, right? EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 7:54 pm

Sami raised an eyebrow, "That has got to be the cheesiest line I've ever heard, Pierre." But she still continued to sit criss-cross in front of her friend's cousin. She had nothing against him (other than making the mistake of inviting her to the wedding) and wasn't planning on treating him any differently then any other random person who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

She sighed at his comment, and covered her face with her hand, leaving space to talk. "Fine, I lov' the attention. Fine, I cannot say no to Terry. Fine, I chose the worse' moment to do tha'. But I've 'ad so little attention to me, (and don't even think of saying Henderson "gave you all the attention I could possibly need") I just need something, anyone to look at me. Someone that doesn't have to worry about the money, and personal issues beyond their control."

"Do you understand what I'm talkin' about?"
Back to top Go down
Pierre Korsten
Fourth Year
Pierre Korsten

PostSubject: Re: Practice makes you perfect, right?   Practice makes you perfect, right? EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 10:50 pm

Pierre blinked at his cousin's best friend. "Er, not really."

"But why at a wedding? I mean, just drag Ki to the loo or something to hash it all out. I got my phones taken away- all ten of them!- for a week because of the argument." Pierre huffed, eying the other third year. "I have nothing against you, but you did ruin my mother's dream wedding."

And Pierre was a momma's boy through and through, no matter how much he insulted her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Practice makes you perfect, right?   Practice makes you perfect, right? EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 10:59 pm

"I don't really want to tlak about it, Pierre," Sami blinked her eyes rapidly and sat up. There was no way she was going to break down in front of any friend of Kyra's. No. way. She knew she ruined the wedding, she'd regret it for life. That's how it all went down, and if there was something the Criss' were good at, it would be regretting past mistakes. She knew her actions would have negative consequences, for her and those around her. But being able to say no to her friends, was something she was incapable of doing. "I'm sorry about that, Pierre. I truly am. I didn't want to argue in public, or at all, frankly. You can't claim that I did all the damage, though."

She knew he knew that she was partially blaming his friend for the mess, as well. If he chose to respond to her, it was his choice. She sighed and began walking towards the door, all her previous energy diminishing slowly with her footsteps.

Back to top Go down
Pierre Korsten
Fourth Year
Pierre Korsten

PostSubject: Re: Practice makes you perfect, right?   Practice makes you perfect, right? EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 11:12 pm

"Cri-Sami, wait." Pierre called, standing. He felt bad for making the girl feel bad, and wanted to make up for it. He braced his gun on his shoulder, walking quickly up to the shorter student.

"Well, um....to make up for whatever damage Ki did, do you want to grab a butterbeer or something with me in Hogsmeade this weekend? I know that it probably won't work but...well, yeah." Pierre asked on impulse, blinking after eh was done.

What did I do that for?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Practice makes you perfect, right?   Practice makes you perfect, right? EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 10:15 pm

"Well, um....to make up for whatever damage Ki did, do you want to grab a butterbeer or something with me in Hogsmeade this weekend? I know that it probably won't work but...well, yeah."

Sami swished around, to stare at Pierre. Jaw-dropped, to say she was shocked would be an understatement. Pierre was like, a very distant acquaintance that she hardly ever saw. Why would he ask her out? Well, at least she thought he was asking her out. It seemed very likely, besides, how many guys ask girls out for butterbeers not meaning for it to be a date? Wait- isn't he dating.. her? She scowled at the thought of her ex-best friend. She meant nothing to her, like a tiny spec of dirt on her school outfit.

"I-um," the witch stumbled over her words, still in a state of shock. "Er, I mean- yeah. Sure, why not?" Not waiting for his reaction, she ran out of the Room of Requirement, hoping to avoid further embarrassment.

Well...... that was awkward.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Practice makes you perfect, right?   Practice makes you perfect, right? Empty

Back to top Go down

Practice makes you perfect, right?
Page 1 of 1