Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

This would happen.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Serenity McAdams
Second Year
Serenity McAdams

This would happen. Empty
PostSubject: This would happen.   This would happen. EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 3:14 pm

Now that I had finally been sorted into the house I'd been hoping for, I found myself wandering from the castle and out into the warm weather. I was always a fan of the warmer weather, enjoying the way the sun hit my slightly tanned skin. It put me in a generally better mood, which was always better considering I knew how hard it was to get along with me. I always did have a slightly harder time making friends, but it was because of how rudely I presented myself. I felt my bare shoulders shrugging at the thought.

Eventually making my way to the lake, my attention settled on the still surface. It was surprising to me that no one was around, but I shrugged as my legs brought me closer to the lake's edge. I was well aware that I wasn't the best when it came to swimming, but I didn't intend on going close enough to make myself fall in. Peering over the edge slightly to see my reflection in the water, I exhaled slowly in boredom.

I could have figured that the peaceful place would have been empty, but I couldn't say I completely minded. I glanced over my shoulder again one more time just to be sure, but that would be my mistake. I wasn't paying attention to the fact that I was unconsciously leaning forward...

Suddenly I was in mid-air as I lost my balance, and my arms began flailing desperately for something to grab onto. I couldn't find anything though, and I was suddenly submerged under the water. I began panicking as I kicked upward, hoping to push myself to the surface. I managed, breaking through the water, sputtering and coughing. Not to mention I barely knew how to swim.. bloody brilliant!
Back to top Go down
Lachlan Normandy
Second Year
Lachlan Normandy

This would happen. Empty
PostSubject: Re: This would happen.   This would happen. EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 4:25 am

Lachlan was walking out by the lake, Lion falling her as usual. He never seemed to let her go anywhere without him. He was a German Shepherd and they were known for being protective. Lachlan just didn't think he would be this protective, well, not that she mattered.

Suddenly, Lachlan saw a girl in the water. The girl looked like she was struggling. If there was one thing Lachlan was good at, it was physical things. She had been on her swim team back home.

So, acting on her little bit of Gryffindor courage, Lachlan dove into the water. She took a hold of the girl's robe and pulled her to the surface. Lachlan, with the help of Lion, pulled the girl back onto land.

Laughing slightly, she turned toward the girl. "Hey, I'm Lachlan Normandy. Pleasure to meet you." she exclaimed, running a hand through her wet curls.
Back to top Go down
Serenity McAdams
Second Year
Serenity McAdams

This would happen. Empty
PostSubject: Re: This would happen.   This would happen. EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 4:11 pm

I could feel my muscles beginning to lock up in panic, and I smashed my hands on the surface of the water repeatedly while kicking my legs in order to keep myself from going back under. How was I going to get back to land? I could see it out of the corner of my eye, not too far away..

Before I knew what was happening I was slipping under again, and I barely managed to pull myself back up to the surface again. And then all at once I felt someone pulling on my robes.. and then I was back on land.

I laid back on the ground for a moment in shock, still coughing a bit as I lodged the swallowed water out of my lungs. I heard a slight laugh from the side of me, and with a glare I looked at who it was. How was this even funny? I barely managed to keep my temper in check, but I figured it was the least I could do. After all, she had helped me.

Sitting up, I squeezed some of the water out of my wavy hair, still catching my breath. "Serenity McAdams." I said after a moment, giving her an almost humorless smirk. "Nice circumstances to meet under, huh?" I said, but then sighed. Be nice. "Thanks." I added, gesturing vaguely toward the rippling water.
Back to top Go down
Lachlan Normandy
Second Year
Lachlan Normandy

This would happen. Empty
PostSubject: Re: This would happen.   This would happen. EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 4:43 pm

Lachlan noticed that he girl seemed angry. Lachlan had gotten very good at reading people, considering her cousin was also a Slytherin and very guarded. Lachlan had built up an ability to read people and their emotions.

"Nice to meet you Serenity. And it was no big deal. I would have saved anyone." Lachlan stated with a wave of her hand. "I hope you are alright. I mean, I came here as soon as I saw you in the water. I hope that you didn't swallow too much water or hurt yourself." Lachlan worried about everyone. She just had a natural instinct to watch out for people.

"You a first year too?" she wondered, feeling Lion move closer to her, looking at Serenity closely.
Back to top Go down
Serenity McAdams
Second Year
Serenity McAdams

This would happen. Empty
PostSubject: Re: This would happen.   This would happen. EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 1:57 am

If the girl had taken note on my less then subtle expression of my anger, she didn't act like it. I stared at her incredulously for a few moments as she chattered on, wondering if she had a bolt loose in that pretty head of hers. Or maybe she was just a genuinely nice person. I felt my small nose crinkling at the thought. What was with all the nice people I had been meeting? It made me only feel obligated to be nice in return, something I was not by any means used to. But then I had to consider the fact that she had helped me.. whether I liked it or not. I didn't like admitting to my weaknesses.

"I'm fine." I stated somewhat flatly, giving up on trying to tame my now-messy hair. Not like I had to impress anyone anyhow. My brow arched when I heard her continuing to worry, and I snorted. "Do you always worry about other people this much?" I asked bluntly, but then my features softened ever so slightly. "Where'd you learn how to swim like that?" There was no reason for me to be acting so rudely to the poor girl, even if I hated admitting it.

I glanced warily toward the canine she had with her, feeling it's eyes watching me closely. I looked back toward the girl as she asked me a question. I nodded slightly. "Yup. Slytherin. You?"
Back to top Go down
Lachlan Normandy
Second Year
Lachlan Normandy

This would happen. Empty
PostSubject: Re: This would happen.   This would happen. EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 2:41 am

Lachlan knew that the girl must think that she was a loony for being so nice, but Lachlan didn't care. Leighton was the exact same way. Of course, it was different considering Leighton was her cousin. But, in the past, Lachlan has gotten use to the way people acted. She could tell how someone was acting even by the smallest hints. Lachlan knew how to act around people and get them to open up. Her parents had always said Lachlan had a natural way to her. According to many people, she had a pure heart and was selfless.

"Yeah, I do worry about people a lot. Mostly just because I feel like I need to take care of people. I'm not saying that you can't take care of yourself, of course. But, I just like to be there for people. It makes myself feel good. Maybe, its selfish, but I like helping people because of the joy it brings me." Lachlan paused to smile at the girl.

"I was on a swim team back in New York. Born in Ireland, but moved to America. I guess I have natural sports ability. Hate anything to do with school; reading, math, it goes on." Lachlan looking at Serenity, hoping that she didn't mind her talking so much. Lachlan also hoped she wouldn't find her musical voice weird. It always seemed to sound as if Lachlan was singing while talking, but in a subtle way. She would draw out vowels and syllables. It was almost as bad as she seemed to dance while she walked.

Finally, answering Serenity's last question. "I'm a Hufflepuff. But, you could probably tell. Even though, by saving you I could also be seen as a Gryffindor." Lachlan waved her hand in the air as if to dismiss the statement.

Lachlan could tell that this girl had been a Snake. There was no way she could've been anything else. Maybe an reclusive Ravenclaw (Like Fiona), but she was 100% Slytherin. Lachlan actually liked interacting with Slytherins more than the other houses. Lachlan liked playing to game of figuring out people and talking to them. Lachlan felt like she could be a different person and play to the other person's personality. Lachlan was honest when she said she was selfish. She did love the feelings; Lachlan wouldn't be this nice if it was just for the other person's benefit.
Back to top Go down
Serenity McAdams
Second Year
Serenity McAdams

This would happen. Empty
PostSubject: Re: This would happen.   This would happen. EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 1:30 am

I guess I could say I was particularly surprised when the girl actually took my question to heart, and decided to explain an answer for me in detail. I did my best to keep the rather bored look off of my face, since after all.. I had asked. My brow inched up slightly when she said that she liked taking care of people. She's lucky she corrected herself. I thought stonily. I'd almost been ready to correct her myself, and not so nicely either. I was perfectly capable of taking care of myself.. I'd just had one mere moment of weakness. That was all. It was sad how I could never admit to myself that I'd needed help for once. I just couldn't swallow it..

What did catch my attention was when she began talking about how she hated school. "One thing we have in common. Surprise." I said with a slight smirk. Well then, maybe the girl wasn't so bad.. although I had taken notice to how different her voice was. I originally hadn't even taken a notice, but now that she was talking excessively.. it was quite obvious to me. I was tempted to comment but decided to refrain. Hearing her dislike of school had temporarily put her on my "Do-Not-Bite-Head-Off List." And so I decided I could deal with the slightly annoying way she spoke.

When she said she was in Hufflepuff, I shrugged slightly. "Eh, I can see it." I reasoned, and wondered if me being a Slytherin was quite as obvious. I knew it probably was though, so I didn't ask. After a moment, I gestured toward the dog. "Who's this?" Least I could do in an attempt to be friendly. It didn't work too well with me, but I could try. For now.
Back to top Go down
Lachlan Normandy
Second Year
Lachlan Normandy

This would happen. Empty
PostSubject: Re: This would happen.   This would happen. EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 1:43 am

Lachlan noticed how Serenity seemed a little bored. Not that Lachlan minded. Lachlan completely understood if Serenity was bored. The swimming had given Lachlan a rush. Lachlan loved swimming more than anything.

"This is Lion. And don't think I named him cause I love Gryffindors. He was already named." Lachlan explained in a soft voice as she petted Lion's fur. "You have any pets?" Lachlan wondered, flashing a smile in Serenity's direction.
Back to top Go down
Serenity McAdams
Second Year
Serenity McAdams

This would happen. Empty
PostSubject: Re: This would happen.   This would happen. EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 1:58 am

I let my attention fall away from Lachlan and onto the canine she was introducing me to. I brought both of my hands up with a chuckle. "Don't worry, I wasn't assuming." I replied with a roll of my eyes. I was being friendly, but that didn't mean I would drop my attitude. That was just a part of who I was. "Interesting name though." I decided to add. It seemed as if every time I was even slightly rude, I felt obligated to say something to make up for it. Irritating.

I paused for a moment, before pursing my lips and shaking my head slightly. "Nope. Not yet." I replied with a small shrug of my shoulders. I caught her smile, and offered a bare upturn of my lips in return. I couldn't bring myself to admit to the fact that my parent's hadn't let me bring Bandit with me. I was still working on a plan to get him here.
Back to top Go down
Lachlan Normandy
Second Year
Lachlan Normandy

This would happen. Empty
PostSubject: Re: This would happen.   This would happen. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 1:43 am

Lachlan resisted the urge to roll her eyes. It seemed that all Snakes were the same. But, Serenity didn't seem malicious. Just slightly entitled. That was to be expected if you came from a Slytherin household. Lachlan assumed that Serenity was probably a Pureblood as well. "I think its sorta perfect for him."

"Not yet? Does that mean you're gonna buy one?" Lachlan lvoed animals, and by the small smile on her face, Lachlan could see that Serenity might like animals too. It was od to have something in common with this girl. But not something that made Lachlan annoyed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

This would happen. Empty
PostSubject: Re: This would happen.   This would happen. Empty

Back to top Go down

This would happen.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Novitas :: Archived Posts :: April 2011-
Jump to: