Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

The Mirror of Erised, or at Least a Copy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Liz McCutney
Third Year
Liz McCutney

The Mirror of Erised, or at Least a Copy Empty
PostSubject: The Mirror of Erised, or at Least a Copy   The Mirror of Erised, or at Least a Copy EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 8:07 pm

About a month after the school year started, Liz found herself in front of a black wall across from a strange-looking statue. After goggling at the stone man--what was his name again? Barny?--she dragged her gaze back to the wall before taking a deep breath. She'd heard about this room from the older students; the Room of Requirement, a place where everything you'd want came true. She watched the stone warily before biting her lip. What should she ask for? There wasn't much she needed...the room couldn't bring out food according to Gamp's law, so that was out; anywhere in Hogwarts, it was impossible to play video games, so she couldn't use that, either. Her brow furrowed in concentration before it split into a large grin; she knew what she wanted. She began to pace, thinking one thing over and over again; Give me a room that shows me what I want most.

After a few moments, she peeked again and immediately, her gaze went to the large, intricate doorway. After another second of hesitation, she entered, the door opening with a large creak. She couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed that all she saw was a mirror--was she that vain? But as the door shut and she walked in front of it, she suddenly understood just what this mirror was. She found herself absorbed in the picture in front of her.

It was herself, but at the same time...not. Instead of her usual thoughtful expres​sion(other than around Kyra, of course), she bore a smile wide as her face, obviously about to burst into laughter. Her hair was in a ponytail and, instead of being bushy or frizzed like it occasionally was, was slick and perfectly straight; her eyes had a bright twinkle. A boy was next to her with an arm swung casually around her, and Kyra was right next to her, obviously relaxed. A few other girls were talking amongst themselves.

She was so absorbed in watching herself--the wonderful, friendly, happy her--that she wouldn't have noticed elephants stampeding, and certainly didn't notice another person entering the room and walking over.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: The Mirror of Erised, or at Least a Copy   The Mirror of Erised, or at Least a Copy EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 3:55 am

Emily had hoped to find somewhere quite but as usual in hogwarts that was difficult to find. She was on her way back to the gryffindor common room thinking about how she hadn't seen some of her friend that much, she really would need to meet up with some of them and meet new people. She had been wandering lost in her own thoughts when she passed where the room of requirement was. The youne gryffindor had found out eventually what exactly the room was. It was then she caught sigh of the large door from the corner of ehr eye. Curious to visit the room once more she opened the door carefully and quietly, before stepping inside.

There was a girl inside, Emily knew her to be a ravenclaw. She was looking at herself in a mirror. She hand't seem to notice Emily enter the room. SO slowly she walked up behind her. "Hello, are you okay?" she asked the girl gently. She seemend so absorbed in watching herself in the mirror.
Back to top Go down
Liz McCutney
Third Year
Liz McCutney

PostSubject: Re: The Mirror of Erised, or at Least a Copy   The Mirror of Erised, or at Least a Copy EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 8:33 am

"WAH!" She gasped and, after a moment of teetering precariously, teetered backwards and fell on her back. She grinned sheepishly up at the girl--a Gryffindor, she thought. "Sorry, you scared me!"

She stood, brushing off her robes before sticking out a hand, beaming. "Liz," she offered. "You must think I'm really vain for staring at that mirror, but I think it's a magic mirror." Sure that she sounded entirely insane by then, she wondered if she needed to explain herself or make the girl look in the mirror to prove her point. She glanced back at it, and before her features could soften dreamily too much, she returned her gaze to the girl.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: The Mirror of Erised, or at Least a Copy   The Mirror of Erised, or at Least a Copy EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 3:22 pm

She smiled appologetically at the girl "sorry I didn't mean to starttle you" she said to her. SHe smiled at the girl who called herself Liz "it's ncie to meet you i'm Emily, are you okay?" she asked her, partly because she had frightented the ravencalw and also because she seemend to facinsated with what she saw in the mirror.

"I don't think your vain and I wouldn't be supprised if it was magical" she smiled at her. "what did you see, in the mirror?" she asked her. "I'm sorry im being nosey you don't have to tell me afterall it's none of my businees" she said to her. Casting a curious glance towards the mirror.
Back to top Go down
Liz McCutney
Third Year
Liz McCutney

PostSubject: Re: The Mirror of Erised, or at Least a Copy   The Mirror of Erised, or at Least a Copy EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 4:41 pm

"It's OK," she assured the girl, a relieved sigh escaping her lips. She was afraid that the girl would be angry. (Why? Liz certainly didn't know.) "I'm fine. Just kind of...freaked out." She glanced at the glass again; she couldn't keep her gaze off of it for more than a few seconds, it seemed. She took in the girl's appearance for the first time, noting the red on her cloak. "You're a Gryffindor?" she asked, a tinge of excitement in her voice. Most of her friends were Hufflepuff; she wasn't even sure it was physically possible for her to have friends from another house anymore.

"Oh, that's good," she grinned. "I was afraid magic mirrors didn't exist or something and I'd gone crazy." At the girl's question, her face turned thoughtful, and she waved away the slight protest-rambling. "I'll make a deal with you," she offered. "Tell me what you see and I'll tell you what I see. Fair trade?"
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: The Mirror of Erised, or at Least a Copy   The Mirror of Erised, or at Least a Copy EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 6:49 pm

She nodded at what she said "yeah Im a gryffindor, ravenclaw right?" she asked her. She nodded a little at what they said "are you muggleborn? not that it bothers me it's just" she trailed off shrugging, they way the girl spoke. She sounded muggle born. Not that it bothered Emily at all she was simply curious. She nodded at what the girl said "that sounds fair" she replied as she steeped past te ravenclaw and looked in the mirror. Taking in what she saw. SHe forced herself to look away, she knew it was a dnagerous thing. To look at what you wnated most. Especially when you could almost touch it. She looked at Liz to see if she would offer what she saw first.
Back to top Go down
Caden Callaghan
Second Year
Caden Callaghan

PostSubject: Re: The Mirror of Erised, or at Least a Copy   The Mirror of Erised, or at Least a Copy EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:34 pm

Caden walked into the strange room he had stumbled upon. He was just walking down a corridor, looking for something to cure his boredom, and he found this door. Caden, taking a chance, had walked into the room. What surprised him was that there were two girls in the room already.

"Hello?"

His Irish lilt was very easily heard from where he stood. The two girls seemed to be standing in front of a mirror. The confused him more then he cared to admit. He hated not knowing what was going on. Especially when there were two girls in what he assumed was a hidden room. This whole thing seemed a little odd.

Back to top Go down
Liz McCutney
Third Year
Liz McCutney

PostSubject: Re: The Mirror of Erised, or at Least a Copy   The Mirror of Erised, or at Least a Copy EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 5:54 pm

"Well?" she asked, shooting the girl a look that said that she wasn't going to be first if it killed her. She knew that she would carry out her part of the deal, but she wanted to make sure that Emily would. So far she seemed trustworthy enough, but then again, she had just met her. She didn't want to assume, because that could certainly get her into trouble.

She turned when she heard the door opened, half-smiling when she saw a Slytherin. If Lachlan or Kyra came in, they would have all four houses. "Welcome to the Room of Requirement," she greeted, raising a hand in a sort-of wave. "I'm Liz, and I'm currently lookling in a magic mirror. Please don't call me crazy for saying that," she added. She knew far too many cynical snakes. "You can come check for yourself."
Back to top Go down
Caden Callaghan
Second Year
Caden Callaghan

PostSubject: Re: The Mirror of Erised, or at Least a Copy   The Mirror of Erised, or at Least a Copy EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 7:47 pm

Caden raised an eyebrow at Liz, a Ravenclaw according to her robes. "Room of Requirement?" he questioned, looking at the girl skeptically. He shouldn't be surprised, but he was. His uncle never told him anything about a Room of Requirement. It seemed like a place that Caden should've known about.

"I'm Caden," he replied, smirking at the girl softly. "Why would I call you crazy? We are witches and wizards. A magic mirror is to be expected." Caden's eye narrowed in thought. "Come and see for myself?" he questioned rhetorically, walking toward the mirror.

Caden stepped forward and gazed into the mirror. What he saw was amazingly odd. It was Caden, only older. There was a scar on his cheek, but he seemed happier. Happier than he'd even seen a person look. He sat on the ground in the image, and he was holding a child. Sitting in front of Caden was a girl. He couldn't see her face, but her hair was brown and extremely wavy, maybe even curly. The image was blurred though, so he couldn't see. He was a little disgusted by the image. It was such a Hufflepuff image to have.

Back to top Go down
Liz McCutney
Third Year
Liz McCutney

PostSubject: Re: The Mirror of Erised, or at Least a Copy   The Mirror of Erised, or at Least a Copy EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 10:24 pm

Liz nodded, a smile tilting onto her face at Caden's apparent confusion. "It's basically a room that becomes whatever you want," she explained, nodding as if to confirm the facts to herself. "You just have to walk past the wall out there a few times, and poof, a door appears. And then this room supplies whatever you want." She shrugged. "It's not very well known, but most of the second and third years have stumbled upon it, so I'm going to assume you're a first year."

She shrugged again. "It seems very...Snow White-ish," she explained, frowning as she looked again at the reflection. "I can't quite work out what it does, but I've got a couple theories. I'm pretty sure it's different for everyone, and I know that I want what I'm seeing. What do you make of it?"

She smirked as he stepped in front of the mirror. His face distorted into a look of a bit of disgust and...longing, she thought. She half-smiled. "I'll tell you what I see if you'll tell me what you see." She offered the same deal she had to Emily; it was, after all, a fair trade.
Back to top Go down
Caden Callaghan
Second Year
Caden Callaghan

PostSubject: Re: The Mirror of Erised, or at Least a Copy   The Mirror of Erised, or at Least a Copy EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 10:56 pm

Caden smiled slightly at the girl. "Yeah, I'm a first year." he confirmed. "This sounds like an awfully useful room. I'm glad I found it. It might come in handy." Caden replied with a smirk. He would have to tell Aurora about it. She was a second year, so she might already know about it. This could be a useful room.

Caden drew his eyebrows together. "Snow White?" he wondered, not knowing what that was. It sounded kind of stupid. Of course snow was white. Unless someone did something to it. What an odd comparison. "It shows people different things?" Caden was glad that someone else would see something different. He didn't want others too see what he had just witnessed.

Seeing Liz smile and reply, he automatically became suspicious. "You tell me first." he knew he wasn't dealing with a fellow Slytherin, but it was better to be safe. He didn't want her going around telling people that he was weak.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: The Mirror of Erised, or at Least a Copy   The Mirror of Erised, or at Least a Copy EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 6:58 pm

Emily smield a little at th slytherin who came in, "I'm Emily" she said to him. She watched as Liz told him to see for himself. She took a step back from the mirror and watched as the slytherin boy looked in the mirror. She wondered what him and Liz sw but she didn't want to ask, she knew then she would have to tell them what she saw ad she wasn't sure if she could trut them. Afterall Caden was a slytherin and she had only met both of them. Telling them what she saw would include telling them everything and she wasn't sure if she could do that. She stayed silent as Liz asked them what they saw. She bit her lip and witing for them to countniue to talk.
Back to top Go down
Caden Callaghan
Second Year
Caden Callaghan

PostSubject: Re: The Mirror of Erised, or at Least a Copy   The Mirror of Erised, or at Least a Copy EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 1:53 am

Caden smirked at the Gryffindor. "Hello Emily. As I told Liz, I'm Caden." he said politely. Hopefully this girl knew what this mirror was about. But, according to what Liz had said, she had seen something too. Something different then the odd image that Caden saw. Caden didn't want them too know.

It was odd that he had seen himself with a family. Caden wanted to be the CEO of his father's company. Having a family wasn't that high up on the list. Caden was beyond confused by the odd mirror. Hopefully Liz or Emily could explain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mirror of Erised, or at Least a Copy   The Mirror of Erised, or at Least a Copy Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mirror of Erised, or at Least a Copy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Novitas :: Archived Posts :: April 2011-
Jump to: