Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Never Display Your Weaknesses

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Serenity McAdams
Second Year
Serenity McAdams

Never Display Your Weaknesses Empty
PostSubject: Never Display Your Weaknesses   Never Display Your Weaknesses EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 12:25 am

I sat in one of the large armchairs in the Commons, a blank look on my face as I stared at the cracking fire in the fireplace. Today was the day. I exhaled slowly, trying to fight the emotions off. I didn't let my emotions show to anyone, and I had to remember I was in the Commons where anyone could just pop up. But.. it being the day my older sister had passed away a few years back, I couldn't help it. Every time this day came, I couldn't seem to just grasp it and accept it. I'd always had to deal with my grief on my own, considering after her death my older brother (who had been my best friend, along with Marley) had left with Father... I crossed my arms uneasily, biting down on my lower lip hard enough to draw blood. I hardly noticed.

No one knew of my past, and when I said no one.. well hell. I meant it. Not a single soul. And that was how I planned on it staying. Still didn't change the fact that I felt like a part of my heart was missing. And all too soon... I felt it. The unfamiliar sensation of tears burning in the back of my eyes. What the? This wasn't an emotion I was particularly skilled with dealing with, because I never let things get to me enough to cry. I'd developed a tough skin and learned not to let anyone get to me after Marley had been taken from me. I removed my eyes from the fire and glanced upward, biting my lip some more. I wasn't going to cry.. no. It just wasn't acceptable. Where in the hell was the strong Serenity McAdams I never had trouble being before?

And then.. a single tear slipped down my cheek, and I swiped at it with the back of my hand angrily, disgusted with myself. No, this wasn't going to happen.. I wasn't going to let it. Marley wouldn't want me to be moping around, so why was I? I exhaled heavily as I sat up slightly straighter, managing to fight off the wave of tears. Well, wasn't this just a lovely freakin day.
Back to top Go down
Sunny Swan
First Year
Sunny Swan

PostSubject: Re: Never Display Your Weaknesses   Never Display Your Weaknesses EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 10:35 am

Sunny Swan walkeed back cautiously into the common room. She was so embaressed after she had locked herself in the bath room last term. As she entered the dorm, she gasped at the amount of people in the room. Demon who had become very protective of Sunny cawed in warning and looked around the room. Sunny was immediately overwelmed and fell to the ground in tears. She would never be adopted and she would never have friends.Using every once of energy she had left, she ran up the stairs vowing to never look back. Demon saw the distress but decided to leave her alone as well and was content to preen his feathers and watch the other girls
Back to top Go down
Serenity McAdams
Second Year
Serenity McAdams

PostSubject: Re: Never Display Your Weaknesses   Never Display Your Weaknesses EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 10:17 pm

I continued to stare at the crackling fire for a few more minutes, the silence around me even more deafening then any sort of crowd could possibly be. I began counting the seconds that passed in my head, anything for a distraction. My face felt warm as it bathed in the heat from the crackling fire, my hazel eyes never once leaving it. That was, until I heard someone else suddenly coming in.

I quickly situated my expression so that it wasn't anything even remotely close to the depressed one it had been moments before. My gaze fluttered away from the fire and turned toward the source, and all at once my brow rose when I saw a girl on the floor, bawling her eyes out. What the hell?

I stared at her for a few more incredulous moments, unsure of what to do. And then all at once she was getting up and making a dash for the stairs, and I could only stare at her retreat. I turned my attention toward her pet, who had decided to stay behind... what the hell had that all been about? I could only wonder.
Back to top Go down
Sunny Swan
First Year
Sunny Swan

PostSubject: Re: Never Display Your Weaknesses   Never Display Your Weaknesses EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 11:32 pm

Sunny walked cautiously back into the room. She needed Demon around to protect her or at least make her feel safe. She looked to her left and saw that Demon was preening himself on the armrest of a couch. "Demon, what are you doing down here?" she asked. Demon replied with a small click of his beak before turning his head to other girl in the room. Sunny shook her head. "Demon, you know I'm not wanted here.. I only came because the orphange forced me." Demon again clicked his beak and hopped over to the girl carefully. "Demon, please I'm not ready. I'm scared." begged Sunny. Demon bowed his head and flew over to land on Sunny's shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Serenity McAdams
Second Year
Serenity McAdams

PostSubject: Re: Never Display Your Weaknesses   Never Display Your Weaknesses EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 10:39 am

I was just about to turn my gaze back toward the fire and pretend the entire situation hadn't just happened, but the creaking of the floor boards caused me to look toward the door again. Once more, stood the girl I'd seen a few minutes before, and she appeared to be looking around cautiously. I bit back a snide remark, tossing my eyes back to the fire without a word. I wasn't in a very good mood considering the day it was, but I also didn't have that usual mean streak in me. I was a bit too exhausted to think of anything even remotely witty.

I half-listened to the girl's voice as she spoke to who I assumed was her pet, considering there wasn't anyone else in here. I heard the small click of the beak and noticed it was actually quite near me. I turned my gaze slightly toward the black bird, my gaze slightly irritated. Didn't this girl see I just wanted to be alone? I noticed that the bird was looking at me though, and my brow arched in question.

I listened to the girl's voice again, sighing inaudibly as my eyes rolled upwards. I supposed now would be a good time to just suck it up and say something to her. After all, I needed something to get my mind off of the events of today... "You can come sit over here, you know. I'm not gonna bite your head off or something." Well, it wasn't the greatest introduction, but it was still something.
Back to top Go down
Sunny Swan
First Year
Sunny Swan

PostSubject: Re: Never Display Your Weaknesses   Never Display Your Weaknesses EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 11:25 am

Sunny froze when the girl spoke to her. Why had she even stayed. She should have just ran back up but the girl before her seemed upset. Demon saw Sunny look at the girl and flew black over to thr girl and gently rubbed his head against her arm. Sunny then silently padded over to the far side of the fireplace.
Quote :
Are you okay...
replied Sunny cautiously. Sunny then looked at Demon who was now perched behind her chair.
Quote :
Demon, can you go bring me my little black box.
asked Sunny knowing full well her pet would understand due to the gift she recieved from her mother. Demon ruffled his feathers before taking off towards the dorm room.
Back to top Go down
Sunny Swan
First Year
Sunny Swan

PostSubject: Re: Never Display Your Weaknesses   Never Display Your Weaknesses EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 10:55 pm

After hours of waiting for Demon to show and no response from the girl, Sunny decided to go to the library which had been her sanctuary at the orphanage. She was quite content on reading or at least she could hid from the other students that would laugh at her. However the question was where had Demon run off too. Eventually, she let it go figuring he had asked one of the girls to open the window and let him out. So silently, she exited the common room and went to the library.

Quote :
-25 galleons for double posting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Never Display Your Weaknesses   Never Display Your Weaknesses Empty

Back to top Go down

Never Display Your Weaknesses
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Novitas :: Archived Posts :: April 2011-
Jump to: