Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Having a wander

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

Having a wander Empty
PostSubject: Having a wander   Having a wander EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 5:20 pm

Lavender entered the Library quietly, she hadn't been in here yet and was curious. Shelves stood tall for as far as the eye could see. A desk on the left had a woman sitting at it, she guessed this was the librarian. Lavender could tell the lady was busy so didn't wish to bother her, instead she slowly ventured further in. Once she'd passed a few book cases she stopped a second and ran her finger along the spines of a few familiar books. These were muggle books, fairytales. Her finger stopped at Sleeping Beauty, her favorite, and she pulled it out. The cover was old, there was no doubt about that. It was warn and faded, with a feel of leather to it,though she assumed it wasn't. Lavender opened it carefully, bringing the pages closer to take a sniff. Smelt like distant perfume. Strange. With that, she closed it and places it carefully back on the shelf. When she went to carry on she hit into something, or someone, hard.

"Oh! Sorry, sorry. Are you all right?"
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

Having a wander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having a wander   Having a wander EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 7:31 pm

Landon normally wouldn't read a book or go to the library but he had been trying to keep up with his studies and do some research on the history of Hogwarts. He wanted to find more things for himself and his best friend to do. For a few minutes he contemplated going to the Restricted Section to find out any other interesting history. A few moments later he decided it wouldn't be the most wise decision of his life. Besides, Landon hated getting in trouble and wanted to have the Headmaster trust him. If he got into trouble the Headmaster would probably have a fit. As he walked down Aisle 7, he was paying more attention to the books he was passing by and not what he was doing. The next thing he knew, he banged into someone. When he heard the apology he shook his head. "No, it was my fault, don't apologize. I'm ok are you? I'm a lot bigger than you."
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

Having a wander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having a wander   Having a wander EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 7:39 pm

Lavender looked up to see the Gryffindor boy she met in the Astronomy Tower the other day. His name was Landon if she remembered correctly, she always remember names of nice faces. Landon most definitely had a nice face.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She smiled shyly, feeling a bit clumsy. "Hi, Landon," Lavender made sure the book was properly back on the shelf before turning her attention back to him, brushing herself down.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

Having a wander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having a wander   Having a wander EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 7:52 pm

Landon nodded. "Good I'm glad you're ok. I know it'd be really easy for me to hit a girl because I'm larger than most of you." When he said larger, he meant more muscular and taller, not fat. "Hi Lavender." He replied. Luckily, he was good with names. Landon looked back at Lavender when she looked at him. "So what brings you here?"
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

Having a wander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having a wander   Having a wander EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 8:06 pm

Lavender shrugged, glancing round for something to say. "Not sure really," There were a few students scattered round them, but none of whom she recognized. Though, she felt Landon's company was nice enough anyway. "What about you?" There was an empty table nearby so Lavender went and sat on it, keeping her eyes on him all the while. He seemed like an interesting character. She suddenly wondered if he knew Hester.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

Having a wander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having a wander   Having a wander EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 8:15 pm

Landon nodded. Well wasn't this an interesting meeting? Neither of them knew what to say which was making the atmosphere feel a bit awkward. "I was looking for places to explore and things to do. I found everything I need though. My best friend is big on exploration. It's not really my thing but I tag along because it makes her happy." He shrugged. His family raised him to treat girls right and make them happy no matter what and that's what he intended on doing, especially for Natalie.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

Having a wander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having a wander   Having a wander EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 8:24 pm

Lavender could tell the older boy was feeling awkward, which was the last thing she wanted.

"Exploring," She stated, thinking about it before continuing. "I don't explore very often either to be honest. Though Hester and I did go into the forbidden forest the other night," Lavender swung her legs that were dangling from the table. "Where have you been? What have you seen?" She was genuinely interested, anything to make him feel comfortable.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

Having a wander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having a wander   Having a wander EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 8:28 pm

"My best friend, Natalie, she likes to explore. Almost every time we hang out she wants to go exploring." He remembered Hester. When he ran into Natalie at the lake she was there and she was really spazzy. He shook the thoughts out of his head. "Natalie and I have gone to the Forbidden Corridor, Shrieking Shack, a 'haunted house' near her house, and I can't remember where else." He shrugged. Sometimes Landon didn't have the sharpest memory especially since he had done so much with Natalie.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

Having a wander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having a wander   Having a wander EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 8:33 pm

Lavender smiled, impressed by his ventures. Hers looked feeble compared to his. He'd been to loads of places.

"The Shrieking Shack? What was that like? Scary I bet," She couldn't help but feel a little excited about this particular place. She made a mental note to suggest it to Hester the next time they spoke. Lavender hoped Landon wouldn't get tired of all the questions.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

Having a wander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having a wander   Having a wander EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 8:42 pm

Landon shrugged. "Nothing really scares me. Actually it's hard to scare me. Natalie almost tripped over something but that was it. It was fine. Natalie got bit by something but everything else went ok." He thought about mentioning the old couch but decided not to. "It was nice though. Like I said exploring isn't my thing. If you want more information on that, Natalie can help you."
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

Having a wander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having a wander   Having a wander EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 8:51 pm

Lavender nodded, this boy really didn't seem to be that interested. Which made her a little sad.

"Oh, ok." She thought hard for something else to say. "So what is your kind of thing?" Perhaps this would break the ice a little better. Lavender watched the Gryffindor boy intently, trying to mentally communicate how interested she was. Somewhere far off within the maze of book shelves she could hear someone being told to shh. "What do you like to do for fun?" She whispered playfully.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

Having a wander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having a wander   Having a wander EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 9:06 pm

Once again, Landon shrugged. He was still figuring himself out. It was hard being a thirteen year old boy. He didn't know what he liked. He didn't know how he felt about girls either. They were fun to look at and they were nice to be friends with but he didn't know if he had any romantic feelings for them. "I used to like to fly but I haven't done much of that lately. I like working on working on my muscularness. By the time I leave here I want to have good muscle definition. That's about it."
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

Having a wander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having a wander   Having a wander EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 9:14 pm

Lavender smiled. She understood why he seemed to have trouble figuring things out. She always did. For example, she knew all the girls thought Landon was handsome, they all had crushes on him. But she didn't. She liked to look at him yes, but she wasn't attracted to him like the other girls. This kind of thing had happened to her a lot.

"Ah ok. Do you support a Quidditch team or anything? I'd love to be good at flying. It looks awesome," Lavender smiled at him, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

Having a wander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having a wander   Having a wander EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 9:34 pm

Landon looked at Lavender after she replied to him. This girl definitely wasn't a talkative one. He was used to much more talkative and energetic girls and this one just wasn't. It was a little bit strange to him but he wasn't about to make that known. Instead he just smiled at her. "Well I stopped following Quidditch. I used to like that team Viktor Krum was on though. Right after first year I stopped being interested. Sad, right?" He chuckled a bit.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

Having a wander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having a wander   Having a wander EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 9:39 pm

"Why did you stop being interested?" Lavender jumped off the table gracefully, her robes flying everywhere. "Viktor Krum was good I agree. My brother's a big fan of his. My father prefers the Irish of course. They never agree on anything," She grinned as she remember her brother and father's constant playful bickering. "If you get those muscles you want you'd be perfect to play Quidditch. Do you think you'd ever consider it as a career, if you got really good?"
Back to top Go down
Brianna Carter
Fourth Year
Brianna Carter

Having a wander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having a wander   Having a wander EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 10:21 pm

Bri was searching the library high and low for her Herbology notes. She knew she'd stuck them in one of the books she'd checked out and she must have forgotten to take them back out again. The only problem was that she borrowed so many books that she couldn't figure out which one she'd stuck them in.

She rounded a corner and saw Landon standing by a girl she had never seen before sitting on one of the tables. She hadn't spoken to him in a while and as part of her genuine attempt to be more social with people from houses other than her own, she went over to them. She was nervous just thinking about talking to them, but she was going to get over it and introduce herself if it was the last thing she did. She hoped that she wasn't interrupting anything important. That would be embarrassing. "Hi Landon, how are you?" she asked him politely with a smile.

She looked at the girl she didn't know and flashed her the same smile. "Hi, I'm Bri Carter, nice to meet you," she kept her voice low enough that Mr. Hudson wouldn't hear them and come scold him. He was a little intimidating (okay, a lot intimidating) and Bri didn't want to get on his bad side.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

Having a wander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having a wander   Having a wander EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 3:17 pm

Lavender turned to see a stunning blonde girl talking to Landon. The girl then turned to her and introduced herself.

"Lavender Parkinson, nice to meet you too." Lavender smiled, attempting to stop herself from staring at the pretty girl. She looked at Bri's robes and saw she was a Ravenclaw, Lavender hadn't met a Ravenclaw yet. This girl obviously knew Landon and she wondered how.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

Having a wander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having a wander   Having a wander EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 5:10 pm

Natalie skipped up to the fourth floor to check out this so called library that they had in the school. She hadn't been there before, but Landon said they had one so she wanted to check it out. There it was, right where he said it would be.

She stopped skipping when she got inside for fear of getting yelled at by whoever was in charge, since libraries usually came with a cranky librarian. She wandered among the shelves, thinking of all the fun things that she could do there, when she saw the Restricted section and her eyes lit up. Her and Landon would definitely be checking that out some time.

She thought she saw a familiar face out of the corner of her eye, causing her to turn and look. Speak/thin of the devil...

Pretending she was some sort of ninja/spy/assassin, Natalie ducked behind bookcases, tables, chairs, older students, anything to get her closer to Landon and the people he was standing with without being seen. When she got there, she crept up behind him and whispered "Boo!" in his ear. She then gave him a hug in greeting (because hugs were safe in front of other people), then she realized that she recognized one of the other people as well.

"Hi Bri," she hugged the Ravenclaw also.

She didn't know the third girl, but that wasn't going to stop her. "Hi, I'm Natalie!" she grinned and gave her a slightly more awkward hug. (Have you ever tried to hug someone who was sitting on a table? It's awkward.)

"Why are you all here?" she whispered to the group.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

Having a wander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having a wander   Having a wander EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 5:18 pm

Lavender grinned at the arrival of Natalie, who she hadn't met before but had heard plenty about. She hugged the girl back, though it wasn't the easiest of things to do.

"Hi. I'm Lavender," She said with a small smile. "Erm, we were just chatting," Lavender shrugged, looking from Landon to Bri. Maybe now Natalie was here they would have a bit more fun, she didn't mind the idea of going exploring with the girl. Landon had made it sound fun.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

Having a wander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having a wander   Having a wander EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 5:36 pm

"Chatting... Chatting is good," Natalie said.

Natalie didn't typically "chat" but she could give it a try. She looked around and surveyed her options. She could stand, she could sit on one of the chairs, she could sit next to Lavender on the table, she could sit on the floor, or...

Since all of those options were boring, she decided to stick with what she was best at and hopped up onto Landon's back. He was just as comfy to use as a substitute for a chair as he was being her favorite mode of transportation.

"What are we chatting about?" she asked, resting her chin on Landon's shoulder and looking back and forth between Bri and Lavender.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

Having a wander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having a wander   Having a wander EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 5:43 pm

Lavender sniggered as Natalie jumped on Landon's back. She was a funny one.

"About your adventures actually," Lavender smiled. "Just before Bri arrived. Oh and Quidditch," She nodded to herself, trying to remember. It was difficult to tell whether they were a couple or not. Lavender wasn't sure if she'd ever jump on anyones back. Not even Hester's, though she didn't quite know what her and Hester's relationship was. That was another story entirely, one her head didn't have time for right now.
Back to top Go down
Brianna Carter
Fourth Year
Brianna Carter

Having a wander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having a wander   Having a wander EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 6:39 pm

Bri hugged Natalie back when she joined them. They'd met sometime during the previous summer break and Bri quite liked her even if she was a little odd. She wasn't one for adventures, so she hoped that Natalie didn't try to drag her off somewhere.

"I only just got here," Bri said. "I was actually looking for my Herbology notes. They've just sort of disappeared."

She laughed lightly when Natalie jumped on Landon's back, she didn't expect anything less from her. She'd heard rumors that they were a couple, but Natalie had assured her they weren't true, that they were just friends, so she believed her.

"So, are you a first year?" she asked Lavender. She was curious since she didn't remember seeing this girl around before.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

Having a wander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having a wander   Having a wander EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 6:46 pm

Lavender turned to Bri when she addressed her, she really was pretty. These three evidently knew each other, it made Lavender feel out of place.

"Yeah," She nodded. "Just getting used to it all really," She shrugged, hoping the others would like her. Accept her. Seeing Landon and Natalie interact in such a way made her miss Hester. Darn that girl, she was always on Lavender's mind.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

Having a wander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having a wander   Having a wander EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 6:48 pm

Natalie nodded. She wasn't very good at this chatting thing, so it would seem.

While Bri was asking Lavender what year she was in, she whispered in Landon's ear, "I have an essay that I need to do for Divination. Do you want to help me?"

She knew that he'd know she was lying. Even if they did get essays to do in Divination, she wouldn't write them. She'd never written an actual essay in her life and she wasn't about to start now.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

Having a wander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having a wander   Having a wander EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 6:56 pm

Landon stood there quietly listening to the girls converse. This was an interesting thing to see. When Natalie jumped on his back, he smiled. She seemed to always find her way onto his back. Without noticing, he rolled his eyes while smiling. She was definitely a pain but he loved his best friend. When she asked about the essay he knew she was lying and his smile grew larger. "You got it." He told her and waved to the others before leaving with Natalie on his back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Having a wander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having a wander   Having a wander Empty

Back to top Go down

Having a wander
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Novitas :: Archived Posts :: March 2011-
Jump to: