Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Oh how I hate being bored

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

Oh how I hate being bored Empty
PostSubject: Oh how I hate being bored   Oh how I hate being bored EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 3:28 pm

Emily was very bored that afternoon, it wasn't exactly sunny outside but there was nothing better to do so she walked outisde to the lake. It was fairly quiet outisde, most people had opted to stay inside in fear of rain. The gryffindor sat down on the grass close to the lake. She hugged her knees tightly to her chest as she watched started into spae, lost in a world of her own.

She hadn't seen anyone for the past few days and she hoped had hoped soemone would join her, you never know someone else might have come outside on this horrible day. She could feel the sun being blocked out by the dark clouds that were slowly filling the sky.

She sighed to herself, she had nothing to do and no one to talk to. Now what? She couldn't just sit and stare into space for the rest of the afternoon. And as time passed the chance of rain was increasing.

However this didn't bother Emily, she loved the rain. Well she didn't love it, of course not but it wasn't soo bad. On a warm day like that afternoon it was refreshing.

She looked round about her to see if anyone was there, she could see no one. Oh how the gryffindor hated being bored.

Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

PostSubject: Re: Oh how I hate being bored   Oh how I hate being bored EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 1:49 pm

Lavender stepped outside, relishing in the cool air. She glanced up at the sky, it was pretty cloudy, rain looked inevitable. The grass was soft under her shoes as she made her way towards the lake. Her mind preoccupied by Hester, as usual. Lavender smiled to herself as she got closer to where they had their picnic. As she walked a girl came into view, she looked bored.

"Hi," Lavender smiled a greeting when she got close enough for the other girl to hear.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Oh how I hate being bored   Oh how I hate being bored EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 5:42 pm

Emily was awoken from her world by a voice. She turned round to see a slytherin girl. The gryffindor didn't recognise the girl so she assumened she must be a first year. She smiled at her "Hey, I'm Emily Sparrow" she said to her. "third year and gryffindor" she added the last part. It was her way of giving the girl the option to turn round and walk off. So far she hadn't met any slytherin's who were horrible but. She indicated for the girl to join her.

Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

PostSubject: Re: Oh how I hate being bored   Oh how I hate being bored EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 6:14 pm

Lavender made her way towards Emily slowly, a little unsure of herself.

"Lavender Parkinson," She stuck her hands in her jean pockets, Emily was obviously older than her. "Slytherin, first year," Lavender stood beside the brunette, looking out at the view of the lake and beyond. She couldn't help but wonder if Emily knew Hester, it was tempting for her to ask. If anything, she could always ask later on.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Oh how I hate being bored   Oh how I hate being bored EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 6:25 pm

She could see the girl the girl was almost hesitant, unsure about something. She nodded as she spoke "it's nice to meet you" she said to the younger girl. She was again suprised that the slytherin stayed, afterall she had been told about gryffindor and slytherin hating each other, she wondered if Lavender was a pureblood, and being a the type of persons he was she decided to ask her. "are you a pureblood? I'm curious you see I was told gryffindor's and slytherins hate each other but the slytherin's I have met all seem really nice" she wasn't sure why she felt the need to explian, just to fill the silence.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

PostSubject: Re: Oh how I hate being bored   Oh how I hate being bored EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 6:44 pm

Lavender turned to Emily when she broke the silence, the girl was quite pretty. Though not as pretty as Hester.

"Yeah, pureblood," She nodded, she'd never really been that proud of it. Unlike some of her other house members, who Emily evidently hadn't met yet. "You haven't met them? It's all right for some," Lavender smiled. "I haven't met any Gryffindors that aren't nice, which is expected of course," She turned back to the view, feeling a drop of rain lang on her forehead.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Oh how I hate being bored   Oh how I hate being bored EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 7:15 pm

She nodded a little at what the girl said. "I'm a pureblood too" she said, she hated that fact. Being a pureblood wasn't easy especilly with her parents, she was a dsiapointment, not the perfect slytherin pureblood child they had wanted. That was why she was happy with her aunt. Had she stayed there she feared that she would have ended up like them and that was her worst fear.

"so Lavender how do you find hogwarts so far?" she said to her. Remembering back to her own frist year.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

PostSubject: Re: Oh how I hate being bored   Oh how I hate being bored EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 8:56 pm

It would have been an understatement to say Lavender was surprised Emily was a pureblood. It was very rare that a pureblood made it into Gryffindor. She was pulled from her thoughts when Emily spoke.

"It's been okay. I have actually met the horrible people in Slytherin, but I've also met a lot of nice people. Hester being the main person. She's in your house, you may have met her," It took a lot for her not to add how amazing the red head was.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Oh how I hate being bored   Oh how I hate being bored EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 5:57 am

She listened to what lavender said about the people in slytherin. From the way Lavender spoke about Hester she could tell they were close, even though it was only a breif comment. She though about the name, she was sure she had met the girl before but she couldn't place her face. "Yeah I think I know Hester" she replied.
Emily felt another drop of rain begin to fall on her head but she didn't want to go inside it was quite nice standing there talking to the slytherin girl.

"So what classes did you take?" she asked her trying to fill the silence.

Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

PostSubject: Re: Oh how I hate being bored   Oh how I hate being bored EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 8:24 am

Lavender nodded slightly, a little disappointed Emily didn't know Hester that well.

"I take Potions, History of Magic, Charms...basically everything except Herbology and Astronomy," She decided to say the ones she wasn't taking because it would be a shorter list. "What about you? What do you take?" Lavender glanced at the brunette beside her before looking up at the sky where more and more raindrops were falling from.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Oh how I hate being bored   Oh how I hate being bored EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 6:38 pm

She nodded at what the girl said. "you sure your not a ravenclaw/" sha asked the girl, teasing her a little for taking just about everything. "I think that is very brave of you, I wouldn't be able to keep up with all the classes and work. I can barely keep up as it is" she grinned. She aslways lost track of time especially becasue she seemend to day dream so much. "eh I' taking transfiguration, charms, defense, histroy fo magic,herbology and care of magical creatures." she replied, answering the slytherin girl's question.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

PostSubject: Re: Oh how I hate being bored   Oh how I hate being bored EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 6:54 pm

Lavender chuckled when Emily suggested she be in Ravenclaw. The only house that hadn't been mentioned for her to be in was Gryffindor now.

"The sorting hat does have some explaining to do," She grinned. "Some of my fellow Slytherin's think I should be in Hufflepuff," Lavender could feel her legs getting tired and flopped down to the ground, crossing her legs. "I should have probably thought it through. Oh well, I'll get it all done," She glanced up at Emily before looking back at the view.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Oh how I hate being bored   Oh how I hate being bored EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 7:27 pm

She smiled "yeah I think the sorting hat does, maybe he just felt you could learn the most form the snakea" she grinned, trying to say it nicely not wanting to offend her house. "I don't why I call slytherin the nsakes, just a habbit I guess" she grinned.
"you don't seem like a hufflepuff to me but I can't really judge these things. I was almost a slytherin actually but the hat decidedI would do the best in gryffindor. So that is where I went" she smiled. As she sat down ont the ground next to the girl staring at the water waiting for the next few raindrops to fall.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

PostSubject: Re: Oh how I hate being bored   Oh how I hate being bored EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 7:54 pm

Lavender sent Emily a sideways glance as she joined her on the ground. This girl was interesting, nice though and even prettier when she smiled.

"Why did it think you should be in Slytherin? Did it say?" She was probably being nosy now but she didn't really care, she was sure Emily possibly didn't either. Lavender looked up at the sky, dark clouds were closing in fast. Though she liked rain so it didn't bother her.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Oh how I hate being bored   Oh how I hate being bored EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 10:02 am

She smiled a little at her question Lavender seemend nice and Emily felt she was quite similar to herself. "not really, I'm quite detrmined and both my parents were slytherin's but I didn't know how my aunt would react. Being head of gryffindor having her niece in slytherin might not have turned out too well. The hat saw I was stubborn though, I didn't want to go to slytherin, and apperently being stubborn is a gryffindor trait. " she grinned. She could see the sky darkening over there heads, it's defeintly going to rain. She though to herself. But rain wasn't so bad, it was so warm that the rain would be a welcome.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

PostSubject: Re: Oh how I hate being bored   Oh how I hate being bored EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 11:01 am

Lavender turned back to face Emily as she spoke, it was getting increasingly difficult to see the girl as it got darker.

"Good for you." She smiled. "I sometimes wonder what would have happened if asked not to be in Slytherin. I'm stubborn but evidently not stubborn enough, I do come from a long line of Slytherin's though so..." Lavender trailed off for a second. "Hence my surname," She rolled her eyes a little, she hated her surname sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Oh how I hate being bored   Oh how I hate being bored EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 12:29 pm

Emily looked up at the sky the dark clouds covered almost all of the sky. She smiled, "you didn't ask to be put somewhere else?" she asked her. From the way the slytherin spoke it sounded like she really didn't want to be placed in slytherin. Maybe if she really hadn't wnated to be there then the hat would have placed her somewhere else. "oh well maybe slytherin needed some nice people afterall not everyone in that house is bad. You know if you found the ones who agreeed with you then maybe you could change the way people saw slytherins. I know it sounds stupid but I feel sorry for people like you, I mean your nothing like what everyone thinks" she said to her. "yeah surnames and blood purity, all of it is pretty stupid" She sighed, cometing on what she said about coming from a long line of slytherins.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

PostSubject: Re: Oh how I hate being bored   Oh how I hate being bored EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 12:38 pm

Lavender felt touched, Emily was the first person to say something like that to her. It sent a strange feeling up her spine. She was almost lost for words.

"Thank you," Lavender muttered, glancing at the other girl with a small smile. "I have met a few Slytherins like me, but not many," She shifted slightly where she was siting, shivering a little as a cold breeze whipped past. Lavender couldn't help notice she'd shifted closer to the other girl.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Oh how I hate being bored   Oh how I hate being bored EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 12:44 pm

She smiled at her "I don't think it's fair that perfectly nice people should get a bad name becaus of other people in their house" she said to her. A cold breeze past her, Lavender was nice and she considered her a friend. "we should porbably go inside, I don't mind the rain but I don't really want to get wet" she grined as a few drops of water hit her head.
She stood up and looked round. There was on one else around and the sky was a dark shade of grey, the sky looked ready to rain, heavily. "you coming?" she asked the younger girl.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

PostSubject: Re: Oh how I hate being bored   Oh how I hate being bored EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 12:49 pm

Lavender nodded before pushing herself off the ground and getting to her feet.

"Sure," She stuck her hands in her pockets to warm them. "Where are we going to go?" Lavender began to walk towards the school, watching Emily all the while. Had she noticed her sit closer? She shook these thoughts away quickly. Instead preoccupying herself with thinking of where they could go.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Oh how I hate being bored   Oh how I hate being bored EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 1:09 pm

She smiled as she followed her, she walked a little further away from Lavender than she normally would, she had noticed that they had been sitting fairly close and Emily didn't want the girl to get the wrong idea. Though she didn't know much about her. "oh I haven't though about that actually" she smiled. "we could go to the clock tower? Library? I don't know anywhere that it's warm and dry" she replied as they walked back to the castle.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

PostSubject: Re: Oh how I hate being bored   Oh how I hate being bored EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 1:15 pm

Lavender could tell Emily had distanced herself as they walked, so she had noticed. Lavender mentally slapped herself, it was a moment of weakness. She wanted to be with Hester. Emily was a friend though, at least she hoped so anyway.

"Okay. I think I have the perfect place," Lavender took the lead as they stepped inside the castle.

(OCC:will owl you the next thread)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh how I hate being bored   Oh how I hate being bored Empty

Back to top Go down

Oh how I hate being bored
Page 1 of 1