Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

A really big favour to ask of.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

A really big favour to ask of. Empty
PostSubject: A really big favour to ask of.   A really big favour to ask of. EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 3:34 pm

Sami played with her bangs, lounging on her four-poster bed thinking about the wonders of the world. All of the amazing people, cultures, and traditions that were out there. While thinking of traditions, the Ravenclaw also thought about the Quidditch World Cup that was happening next summer, before her fourth year at Hogwarts. After thinking a while, she found herself wishing she could get a broom and taste the cold, frosty air again. It's been such a long time since I last played Quidditch, she sighed. She suddenly sat up. Wait- have I ever actually played Quidditch in my life? Or, for a matter of fact, ridden on a broom? She reached deep into her memoried, wondering the exact same thing. Did I even ever own a broom? According to what she could remember from the attic, no, she hadn't. She felt her face heat up and shook her head.

She crawled towards Terry's bed, knowing the Bulgarian child had surely ridden a brooom multiple times in her lifetime. Her family could affors tens of brooms, if they so wished. The Ravenclaw was a tad bit embarrased to know that she had never ever played the popular sport or learned to ride a broom in her entire life. She desperately hoped her friend wouldn't ridicule her for being broom-deprived as a child. It was bad enough knowing most of the population of Hogwarts had most likely ridden a broom in their lives. The fact made her feel a lot more worse. "Ri, could you do me a really big favour?"
Back to top Go down
Terry Berbatov
Fourth Year
Terry Berbatov

PostSubject: Re: A really big favour to ask of.   A really big favour to ask of. EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 11:09 pm

Terry looked up from where she was admiring her birthday present- a Firebolt, top of the line. She hadn't rode it yet, but she wanted to. She just didn't want to risk damaging it before she got a servicing kit. "Ves, Sami?" she asked,s till admiring the broom.

Her father had landed Top Box tickets to the World Cup, and since Pierre will be in the Maldives then, she was allowed to take a friend. She was thinking about Sami, but didn't know if her bestest friend in the world liked Quidditch.

Glancing at her iguana scale bracelet, she sighed, wishing Iggy was still there to go to the Cup with her.
Back to top Go down
http://bamfbbffs.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: A really big favour to ask of.   A really big favour to ask of. EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 9:48 pm

"Um," Sami rubbed the back of her head, nervously. She hadn't really thought it through until now. Well, there was no better time than the present, after all. "I was, um, wondering. If you could-um, teach me how to fly? A broom, I mean."

It was extremely awkward and painful for her to have to ask her friend how to ride a broom. A broom! Something most wizarding families had taught their kids to do, ages ago. It seemed very silly at the time, but it was the honest truth. Flying wasn't even something she had taken any interest in, until now. But now that the World Cup was coming up, she thought it'd be nice to actually know what everyone was talking about the summer afterwards instead of sitting there, trying to decode their phrases as if they were speaking a foreign language.

She remembered something, "Don't worry. My dad will pay to get my own broom, you don't have to give up your Firebolt." That would be even more horrifying, she thought cringing.
Back to top Go down
Terry Berbatov
Fourth Year
Terry Berbatov

PostSubject: Re: A really big favour to ask of.   A really big favour to ask of. EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 10:03 pm

Terry gaped at her friend. "Vou're.....Vou're joking, right? Right?" she asked, panicking slightly. She dragged her friend on her bed, sitting her down in front of her. "Please be...."

She knew that Sami's family wasn't as well off as her or Pierre's, but countless of regular waged parents taught kids how to fly!

"Vait..." Terry said, earlier panic forgotten. "Does this mean you aren't going to be able to understand the Cup?"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A really big favour to ask of.   A really big favour to ask of. EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 10:09 pm

Sami cringed, she had a feeling her friend would say that. Ri couldn't have understood, after all, she had lived most of her life very well-off from her parents and cousins business. She couldn't possibly know how it felt to be low-middle class. "I'm not. honestly. I've never owned a broom in my life, other than a muggle cleaning broom. But I wouldn't call that 'mine'."

She shurgged, "I know the basics of how to play Quidditch, but only know what it looks like from our Quidditch games here, at Hogwarts. Other than that, I might be a little slow on the uptake. Sorry Terry," she added, quietly.
Back to top Go down
Terry Berbatov
Fourth Year
Terry Berbatov

PostSubject: Re: A really big favour to ask of.   A really big favour to ask of. EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 10:39 pm

"Uh....I can teach vou...but vou either have a talent for flying or vou don't." Terry said, unsure of where to go with this. "Vou can learn on my broom- the advanced state of it vill prepare vou for any other broom...but if vou break it- and even a bent tvig- I vill get Ivy to come after vou." she threatened. "Vait, muggles use brooms for cleaning? Vhat a vaste..."

"It's fine! Vou just have to teach me how to ride of those bikes Ivy keeps on blabbing about." Terry grinned brightly. "And, I'm dragging vou off to the Cup. Viktor Krum vill be playing..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A really big favour to ask of.   A really big favour to ask of. Empty

Back to top Go down

A really big favour to ask of.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Novitas :: Archived Posts :: March 2011-
Jump to: