Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Rules for Learning Spells

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wizard God
Administrator
Wizard God

Rules for Learning Spells Empty
PostSubject: Rules for Learning Spells   Rules for Learning Spells EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 4:08 am

These rules must be followed, or your attempt to learn a spell will be denied and you must start over in order to learn the spell (not edit, not copy your story and change just the wrong bits of it, start over).

~Stories must be about you learning the spell. No off topic conversation with other characters.

~Your story must include examples of you practicing the spell. Nobody will get it right on the first try.

~Stories must be a minimum of 500 words.

~You may learn one spell learned per week. If your attempt to learn a spell is denied, you may try again until you become successful, however once you are successful, you may not post another story until the following week.

~Students may go back and learn spells beneath their grade level, however they may not jump forward to learn spells. (IE a second year may learn first year spells but a first year may not learn second year spells)

~Some spells have Prerequisites, meaning that you have to learn another spell before you can learn that one.

~God-Modeling is allowed but only if you have the express permission of a Professor to do so.

For example: I want to learn Wingardium Leviosa, which is a charm. I want to GM Professor Smith having his class. I must ask him for permission. When I have his permission, I may say general things like "Professor Smith let the students into the room and started his lesson" or "Professor Smith flicked his wand at the board to make instructions appear". I may not GM Professor Smith's specific words or thoughts, since this is not my character and that would be changing another person's intellectual property.

In regards to questions already asked: Learning the spell can take place wherever you like as long as an adult is present. If you choose to ask a professor for use of their character, it does NOT need to be the professor who teaches that subject. Use your best judgment with the "no going off topic" rule.
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsnovitas.rpg-board.net

Rules for Learning Spells
Page 1 of 1