Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Awkward in Pink

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Conor Moon
Adult
Conor Moon

Awkward in Pink Empty
PostSubject: Awkward in Pink   Awkward in Pink EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 1:10 pm

The walls were pink, the carpet was pink, the door was pink, hell, the bloody waitress asking Conor what he wanted today and whether he wanted a complimentary love cake, which was a slight love potion but only lasted ten seconds. Conor was surprised no-one at the ministry had picked this ilttle usiness up for illegal distribution of potions, but he wasn't a resturant (or coffee shop, whatever) inspector, he was the Secretary to the Head of Magical Law enforcement, which sounded like a very threatening title but really only meant he spent half of his days picking off fluff off the sticky bit of a post it note. They were much cleaner than owls, and a lot less pointy than the aeroplane inter-departmental memos that had flown about when Fudge was in office.

Speaking of fudge...
"A quarter pound of your finest fudge cake, please," Moon says briskly, pointing out a particular blend of earl grey tea that he likes the look of.

Now, it's just to wait for Reuben. He taps at his watch as the waitress waddles away. Will he even come this time? After all, he'd pushed it a bit too far last time.
Back to top Go down
Reuben Roscoe
Adult
Reuben Roscoe

Awkward in Pink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awkward in Pink   Awkward in Pink EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 2:01 pm

The whole place is absurdedly pink, was Reuben's first thought as he stepped into the café restaurant thing. He was fairly certain that there had to be something wrong with the shop, all the disgusting pink just made it look too romantic... Something wasn't right, but then, it wasn't Reuben's job to investigate it all, and there was no point. He looked around and spotted Conor over on a nearby table, so wandered over towards him. "And how are you today?" He asked with a chuckle. He could be odd at times, but then, it was mainly Conor who he let his guard down around anyway, so he had license to be a little silly.

He noticed the matronly waitress begin to waddle over to him, but dismissed her with a sharp shaking of his head. He certainly wouldn't be around here long if he didn't have to be.

Back to top Go down
Conor Moon
Adult
Conor Moon

Awkward in Pink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awkward in Pink   Awkward in Pink EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 6:42 pm

His body language is proud and looking like he's totally in his playing field, it's his game, it's him in control. When really, being in a coffee shop, with a man and a woman sat close knit around a table (it was nearing Valentines, mind..) waiting for someone who you weren't really expecting to show up was probably the least comforting situation Conor could be in.

But Reuben's here, just before he starts to kick his panic into overdrive.
"If I pass by another seller outside who wants to buy me lavender scented cheongsams, well.. What's a cheongsam anyways? Conor raps absentmindedly on the table. He's sure it's something stupid.

Conor sits deflated in his chair when Reuben declines the waitress taking his order. "You're not staying, I take it?" he asks, as the waitress hurries back with a plate of fudge cake. She gives Reuben the eye, the stout woman in her fourties, early fifties. The perm should carbon date her, anyway.

Dinosaur.

Thinking of an idea, Conor taps at the adorned fork on his plate with his wand. Now there are two, and he is smug; he's not letting Reuben out of his sight until he's full.

Back to top Go down
Reuben Roscoe
Adult
Reuben Roscoe

Awkward in Pink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awkward in Pink   Awkward in Pink EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 7:03 pm

He noticed a man and woman getting rather close with each other on the nearby table, and his first thought was disgusting. If they wanted to do all that, then they could do it in the privacy of their own homes. A little bit of it here and there, fair enough, but those two were going entirely too far. "Lavender scented what? I have absolutely no idea." Reuben said, a slight smile dancing on his lips. He sent a filthy look at the waitress again, really, how did this café still have people going to it? "Wizard God no, I want to be out of this place before that waitress has a chance to come back, did you see the things she wore?" He asked incredulously. Getting out of here would definitely be a good option. "Take it you're staying then?" He asked Conor. Then he saw the magic and sighed, no way was Conor letting him leave the place now. "Take it I'm being held prisoner then am I?" He asks with a frown, before grinning slightly and taking a seat opposite Conor, his feet immediately moving so they're within tapping distance of Conor's legs. It could make for a fun game later if he felt generous, or he could use it just to annoy him. "Shall I dig in then?" He asks, taking one fork in his hand, mock-grimace on his face.
Back to top Go down
Conor Moon
Adult
Conor Moon

Awkward in Pink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awkward in Pink   Awkward in Pink EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 4:11 pm

Look at Reuben. Look at him. Just look at him with pure distain on his face looking at couples. It was just so typically him. Only pulling a face at public display of affection because- because-

What was the point dwelling about it. Nut up and shut up, Conor.

"She's wearing an apron," pointed out Conor, ignoring the other parts of her waddling attire.

Ah, so Reuben sees the ploy to keep him here. Really, underneath all pretenses of hating pink for a start and hating places for couples, it isn't that bad a place. It's too light and airy to be an establishment frowned upon, if anything for too much snogging in public, but that was healthy, right? Maybe not. Forget it.

"I'd recommend digging in and eating only half," Conor stressed. After all, he'd only had breakfast so far today. "Secretary to the Minister won't stop giving me extra snacks after dinner," he says after a mouthful, "Martha says if I don't gain any unwanted weight I might as well be devlish and take the eclair cart to our floor every once in a while."

He wanted to see what Reuben made of that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Awkward in Pink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awkward in Pink   Awkward in Pink Empty

Back to top Go down

Awkward in Pink
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Novitas :: Archived Posts :: March 2011-
Jump to: