Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Clearing the mind

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Thomas Celare
Fourth Year
Thomas Celare

Clearing the mind Empty
PostSubject: Clearing the mind   Clearing the mind EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 4:16 pm

After the argument with the Ravenclaw, Thomas found himself feeling a little more regretful for it. He had no clue why though, after all, she had just dug herself in deeper. He shrugged. The sense of regret would fade, that he was sure about. All he was a little wary about was how long it would take, and what he might end up doing in the mean time... Would it ruin his chances of being a Slytherin at all? He shrugged, he could ignore the doubt if he needed to, he supposed. Thomas looked around the lake, seeing people wandering about, before taking a seat on the grass, legs crossed, just watching everything pass him by.
Back to top Go down
Kyra Henderson
Fourth Year
Kyra Henderson

Clearing the mind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the mind   Clearing the mind EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 4:30 pm

Kyra was out for her routine walk when she saw a boy sitting on the grass near the lake. He looked like he could use some company; well, maybe not, but the girl really wanted to talk to someone.

She cautiously walked over to the boy, who she saw was a Slytherin. Shuddering a little, she said, "Hey." Yep, total way to impress a Slytherin. "I'm Kyra." Hopefully introducing herself would break the ice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2126315/
Thomas Celare
Fourth Year
Thomas Celare

Clearing the mind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the mind   Clearing the mind EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 4:44 pm

Thomas turned his head when he heard a voice come from behind him, and noticed there was a Hufflepuff standing behind me. "Hello." He replied coolly. He remembered Allison said that he wasn't to spend all his time with idiots and other houses. That didn't mean he couldn't spend any time around them at all? Right? He shrugged to himself, he supposed being nice to one person would make him not feel so bad about the whole thing with the Carter girl. "I'm Thomas." he said in reply to her introduction. If she wanted to say more, then she could.
Back to top Go down
Kyra Henderson
Fourth Year
Kyra Henderson

Clearing the mind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the mind   Clearing the mind EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 4:52 pm

The boy said hello coolly, making Kyra raise her eyebrows. She shook her head and ignored it.

"Thomas huh? Nice name. So, what brings you here?" she asked, sitting across from the boy she just met. "I don't think I've seen you before."

She wondered why that was. "You're a Slytherin, of course, so maybe that's why." She really thought that it was a plausible reason, but she wasn't completely sure.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Celare
Fourth Year
Thomas Celare

Clearing the mind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the mind   Clearing the mind EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 5:10 pm

Thomas shrugged at the mention of his name. "Always sounded fairly normal to me." he said, a tiny grin going across his face for a moment. "I don't think I've ever met you before either Kyra, so it's good to know there's another person in the world." he said without thinking, before trying to put the mask back up. "So what's a stupid Hufflepuff doing here?" He asked acidly, trying to make up for what he had said to her so far.
Back to top Go down
Kyra Henderson
Fourth Year
Kyra Henderson

Clearing the mind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the mind   Clearing the mind EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 5:14 pm

Kyra chuckled. "There are hundreds of students here at Hogwarts, so of course you're not the only one. I've just never seen you around, is all."

She narrowed her eyes. "The stupid Hufflepuff was taking a walk and she saw the third-person Slytherin and thought he could use some company. Obviously she was wrong." She didn't get why some Slytherins had to be such asses. A few of them could actually be kind of nice.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Celare
Fourth Year
Thomas Celare

Clearing the mind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the mind   Clearing the mind EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 5:24 pm

Thomas ignored her first remark, it was when he wasn't acting like he should, so he shouldn't deem it with a response. "Well then the Hufflepuff just proved herself more the idiot for being wrong then, didn't she? Perhaps she should just toddle along, and take her disgusting stench with her." he said to her coldly. He ignored the sparks of regret and the part of his mind shouting at him again. Those were things he didn't need and weren't going to come in handy. He turned his back on her for a moment, looking across the Lake. Perhaps she would just go away, or maybe she'd try and argue back. He hoped she did, it would make it all the more fun to show how much a fool she was.
Back to top Go down
Kyra Henderson
Fourth Year
Kyra Henderson

Clearing the mind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the mind   Clearing the mind EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 5:41 pm

Kyra's eyes sparked dangerously. "Listen Thomas, I don't need this kind of crap from you. I don't need it from anyone, for that matter. And I'm not afraid to admit that I'm wrong, though you may think I'm an idiot because of it. That's been done before. Sami already gave me this crap and this idiot talk, so it's nothing new."

She got up and shook her head. "I will go, and I don't think you'll care. No, I know you won't care, you're a Slytherin after all, and I'm but a lowly Hufflepuff," she hissed. "So why would you worry about anyone besides yourself, huh?"
Back to top Go down
Thomas Celare
Fourth Year
Thomas Celare

Clearing the mind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the mind   Clearing the mind EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 6:05 pm

He raised an eyebrow at the girl. It looked like she had a bit of a sharp tongue when she needed it. "So you do have some backbone do you?" He asked, turning around to face her again. "Trust me. We know when we're wrong, we just don't dwell on it and move on straight after." he said, trying to find some balance between the new Slytherin version of him and the old version of him.

He resisted the urge to shudder at the name Kyra mentioned. "Sami? You're telling me you got that sort of talking from her? Please say you either slapped her or screamed at her?" He asked seriously. He'd seen the girl in lessons and around school and completely detested her. "Perhaps we can come to some sort of agreement? Work together to do something to Criss and not be at each others throats?" He suggested to her.
Back to top Go down
Kyra Henderson
Fourth Year
Kyra Henderson

Clearing the mind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the mind   Clearing the mind EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 6:17 pm

Kyra smirked. "Not all of us Hufflepuffs are losers who bend to the will of everyone around them." Of course, I used to do just that... "Huh. Not surprising." She sat back down.

"I've always gotten that sort of talking from her, ever since we were little." Kyra grinned at the memory of her telling Sami off at Iv's mum's wedding. "Oh yeah, you have no idea. I nearly slapped her, but she probably would've killed me," she answered, shrugging. She really had no idea what made Sami turn on her the way she did, but it didn't matter now; now she couldn't stand the girl, no, she hated her with a passion.

She raised her eyebrows and frowned a little. "Us? Work together?" Then she grinned again. "I like it. We'll do it as soon as possible," she said as she held her hand out for Thomas to shake. Maybe this would be what she needed; an evil genius as an ally.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Celare
Fourth Year
Thomas Celare

Clearing the mind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the mind   Clearing the mind EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 6:25 pm

Thomas grinned slightly. "Maybe it's just because so many do let that happen. It's difficult to tell that there are some who aren't just going to be walked over. Quite refreshing." he said. He raised an eyebrow. "You've known her since you were little? How are you not mentally destroyed or in Azkaban for murder?" He asked. He doubted he could stand anywhere near that length of time with her. "You really should have slapped her, she couldn't hurt a fly and it might have made her wake up from her delusional fantasy." he added.

He nodded. "Us. Working together. Hufflepuff and Slytherin, not a single person would ever suspect it." He said with a smirk, taking her hand and shaking it. "As soon as possible sounds good, we might be able to rope a few other people into joining in." He said. He could definitely think of people who wouldn't mind helping to give Sami a taste of her own medicine.
Back to top Go down
Kyra Henderson
Fourth Year
Kyra Henderson

Clearing the mind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the mind   Clearing the mind EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 6:36 pm

"I'm not because I used to be walked all over, all the time. I was young and stupid. I didn't just know her, I was her best friend. She treated me like dirt and I thought that that was what friendship is." She raised her eyes as Thomas said Sami couldn't hurt a fly. "Are you kidding me? There was one time where she beat me up and I was in bed for days! My sister never really forgave her for that. I really can't stand how she thinks she's above everyone."

"Well, if we're going to make this work, we'll have to be at each other's throats when other people are around. I'll tell Iv. He'll definitely want to join in," Kyra said, grinning. "So, we make Criss squirm?"
Back to top Go down
Thomas Celare
Fourth Year
Thomas Celare

Clearing the mind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the mind   Clearing the mind EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 6:45 pm

Thomas nodded at her. "Well it's good you were able to take a stand against her. She's the kind of person who deserves every little bit of aggression that comes her way." He stated, before agreeing. "Good point, something's going to seem up if we call a cease-fire, so we'll need to be careful about how we do all this." He said, a few ideas popping into his head, before registering what she said before. "She beat you up?" He asked furiously. "Then we're definitely getting revenge. Everything she's done can be inflicted upon her tenfold." He said coldly. No way was Sami going to get away with things like this. No. Way.
Back to top Go down
Kyra Henderson
Fourth Year
Kyra Henderson

Clearing the mind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the mind   Clearing the mind EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 6:49 pm

"The thing is, I'm usually not all that aggressive, but who cares? Like you said, she deserves it!"

She grinned. "See? I can come up with good ideas every once in a while."

An evil smile creeped its way up her face. "Tenfold is good. Really good. We'll just have to make sure she doesn't try to tell on us like the tattletale she is." Kyra had to admit that she felt slightly childish, but she honestly didn't really care.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Celare
Fourth Year
Thomas Celare

Clearing the mind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the mind   Clearing the mind EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 6:55 pm

Thomas smirked slightly, maybe he should tell Alli about this girl, he could be wrong, but she definitely had some Slytherin qualities about her. "Exactly. Revenge is the way of the world, whether people like it or not. An eye for an eye." He said, before smiling. "You do indeed, especially for a Hufflepuff." He said, with no malice behind it this time though, more a sense of joking about it. Thomas shrugged at her saying about Sami telling on them. "So what if she does? What will we get? One Detention probably, not much to worry about." Thomas had to admit he was feeling a little daring about this, but then, he hadn't been through a detention yet, which means it would be a new experience. "Maybe more than tenfold if we can manage it." he added maliciously.
Back to top Go down
Kyra Henderson
Fourth Year
Kyra Henderson

Clearing the mind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the mind   Clearing the mind EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 7:38 pm

Kyra's eyes gave off a malicious glint. "Revenge is sweet after all, isn't it?" she asked, grinning.

She laughed as Thomas agreed with her. "Yes, sometimes Hufflepuffs are awesome. I'm one of those special cases."

Her mind was giving her mixed signals, and she wasn't sure what to make of it. Why not be mean for once? It'd give Sami a taste of her own medicine, wouldn't it? She could always be nice to other people. Sami was just the object of her hatred. She was the only person she loathed, and it was mutual. Anyway, Sami started it, didn't she?

"Yeah, you're right. I mean, what's she going to do? Expel us? I know that she can try to get us in trouble with the Heads of our Houses, but what's the point? One detention can't hurt."

Kyra's grin matched Thomas'. "Let's do it."
Back to top Go down
Thomas Celare
Fourth Year
Thomas Celare

Clearing the mind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the mind   Clearing the mind EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 4:32 pm

Thomas couldn't help but smile a tiny bit. "It's good to know not every Hufflepuff is a hopeless case then." He stated, looking around the Lake again. He used to just lounge around here reading for days sometimes... Part of him wished he could go back to doing that, but the other, and more dominant part, said that this was a lot better.

"Revenge is sweet indeed, and best served cold." He added to her previous comment. "Plus it's giving her just desserts. Only fair she gets a taste of what she does to everyone else for once, isn't it." he said, adding it in just to try and persuade her that little bit more. Thomas was pretty sure she was with it, but a little extra pushing wouldn't hurt anyone.

"Exactly. She can't get us expelled, and one detention is hardly going to hurt, they may even give us a spell to learn for it, so we only gain from it. That's unlikely though, they tend to make people do some menial chore without magic." He said, remembering the rumours he had heard, though they were more accepted facts.

Thomas' grin only widened a little more when Kyra agreed. "We get Sami then." He stated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Clearing the mind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the mind   Clearing the mind Empty

Back to top Go down

Clearing the mind
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Novitas :: Archived Posts :: April 2011-
Jump to: