Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Hiding For No Reason

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jacob Beauchamp
Second Year
Jacob Beauchamp

Hiding For No Reason Empty
PostSubject: Hiding For No Reason   Hiding For No Reason EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 6:19 pm

Jacob entered the common room slowly, Beka at his heels. Seeing no one looking his way, he grinned and slipped behind some random drapes. Which was strange, since they didn't have any windows, being in the dungeons and all. Beka followed the first year's lead, stilling her rhythmic tail thumps and accompanying yips. Really, that dog could be annoying sometimes.

The pair managed to hide for about ten minutes, then Beka yipped.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Celare
Fourth Year
Thomas Celare

PostSubject: Re: Hiding For No Reason   Hiding For No Reason EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 6:28 pm

Thomas was in the Common Rooms, as per usual on a boring day. He'd found it was better to be in the Commons than arguing with everyone in the other houses, though he was a bit annoyed that the place was almost empty of people. He turned around at hearing a dog bark, and wondered who the owner would be. He turned around, he'd met that one guy... Raven. He'd had a dog. But that wasn't the same dog, it was pretty plain to see. He wondered who the owner could be then, and started looking around where the dog was. He flipped back a pair of curtains and found a guy hiding behind them. "What exactly are you doing?" He asked him.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Beauchamp
Second Year
Jacob Beauchamp

PostSubject: Re: Hiding For No Reason   Hiding For No Reason EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 7:17 pm

Jacob's eyes widened as an older Slytherin student found him. "Dang it..." he muttered, glaring at the innocent looking Beka. Looking up at the boy- who was much taller than Jacob's 4'1- Jacob shrugged. "Hiding." he answered simply. He really couldn't phrase it any better that that. He hid himself for fun, for currently unknown purposes. It was a strange hobby.

Offering his hand, Jacob grinned. "I'm Jacob Beauchamp, first year."
Back to top Go down
Thomas Celare
Fourth Year
Thomas Celare

PostSubject: Re: Hiding For No Reason   Hiding For No Reason EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 1:54 pm

Thomas kept grinning a little at Jacob, since he was Slytherin he didn't have to act, right? He was pretty sure that was the case. He noticed him glaring at the dog and resisted the urge to laugh. "The dog was the only thing that gave you away." He said, before realising he might want to still be hiding, so he stepped behind the curtain and dropped it back down again, the dog being the only sign of them being there. "I'm Thomas Celare, third year, but why're you hiding?" He whispered. He didn't want to be the one to give Jacob away.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Beauchamp
Second Year
Jacob Beauchamp

PostSubject: Re: Hiding For No Reason   Hiding For No Reason EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 3:10 pm

Jacob liked this one- so far other Slytherins he had met were girls, and that one annoying boy in his dorm. The girls were annoying too, so Thomas was a breath of fresh air. "I don't know. I just like hiding." Jacob whispered back. "But the question is, why weren't you hiding?" Ok, he had no idea why he said that, and what it meant... Oh well. Maybe he knew what it meant.

Back to top Go down
Thomas Celare
Fourth Year
Thomas Celare

PostSubject: Re: Hiding For No Reason   Hiding For No Reason EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 3:28 pm

Thomas kept grinning at Jacob, he was definitely interesting and made Thomas feel a lot more relaxed around people. "Hiding is definitely fun... But why should I be hiding?" He asked. Was someone after him or something? "I see why you love to hide though, definitely something to do when you're bored eh?" He added.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Beauchamp
Second Year
Jacob Beauchamp

PostSubject: Re: Hiding For No Reason   Hiding For No Reason EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 3:34 pm

Jacob was going to have fun with this guy- definitely. "Uh....my cousin's Puffskein is plotting to kill your entire family, with a bunch of werewolves and vampires helping!" he said cheerfully. "So you're gonna want to hide for a while, just until the Minister gets rid of them."
This was getting really fun- usually Jake could only hide by himself or with Beka. Terry and Pierre had no interest in hiding. "I do it even when I'm not bored. But i guess doing it when you're bored is good too."
Back to top Go down
Thomas Celare
Fourth Year
Thomas Celare

PostSubject: Re: Hiding For No Reason   Hiding For No Reason EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 4:02 pm

Thomas blinked... Jacob sure had an imagination, which means this could be a lot of fun. "What? No! This cannot be, I must help them!" He said jokingly, making it look like he was about to dash out the curtains, before stopping. "But then... There is nothing I can do to help them! What am I supposed to do? I suppose I'll have to stay here... Will you keep me company?"He asked, keeping up with the act.

He couldn't help but find this an absolute blast... He never would have thought he'd find a Slytherin that could still be fun while not being outcast from the others. "Ah, so you're just a compulsive hider eh? Or do you have something to hide? A secret perhaps?" He questioned, curiosity brimming to the surface.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Beauchamp
Second Year
Jacob Beauchamp

PostSubject: Re: Hiding For No Reason   Hiding For No Reason EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 5:58 pm

Jacob blinked. Thomas was strange. But good strange. "Uh...Sure?" he answered, unsure of what to say. "But werewolves are really good trackers. So uh.....you might want to douse yourself in Squid ink to hide it." he said, blinking at the rather good show Thomas was putting on.

"I like hiding. That's it." Jacob shrugged. He didn't have any secrets, no compulsive-ness. He just liked hiding. Easy as that. "Do you have something to hide?" he asked back. Like the fact that your mother is really a Snozzenburgerster?"

Wait, what?

Back to top Go down
Thomas Celare
Fourth Year
Thomas Celare

PostSubject: Re: Hiding For No Reason   Hiding For No Reason EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 4:20 pm

Thomas grinned, this was a lot of fun. He made a mental note to look for Jacob if he was ever bored or wanted a laugh. "Perfect, I can't die of loneliness then." He said, before mock-gasping. "Oh dear... But there isn't any Squid Ink around..." He said, acting worried. "Nothing we can do then is there? But then, they're only Wolves at the Full moon... So I'm safe right?" He asked, trying to keep up with the act.

It went back to normal conversation for a moment then. "Well that's fair enough." He said, it was something Thomas didn't think anyone else just liked to do, which made Jacob slightly more unique in a sense. "Me? Nothing around here." He said truthfully, hoping he wouldn't pick up on what he said, because outside the Commons he had a lot to hide. "A snozzen-what?" He asked, before holding back laughter. "Nope. She's normal too, don't worry." He said, still keeping the laughs in.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Beauchamp
Second Year
Jacob Beauchamp

PostSubject: Re: Hiding For No Reason   Hiding For No Reason EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 4:37 pm

"Uh....tomorrow's the Full Moon! But you're in luck- Terry has some ink lying around somewhere!" Jacob said brightly. He wasn't sure if the older girl had it or not- but he could always ask and give it to Thomas later.

"Around here? What do you mean? Are you actually a vampaneze?" Jacob asked warily. "Well, you cna't tell whether or not they're actually a Snozzenburgster or not. You have to wait until your 17th birthday to tell, because that's when their parental Snozeenburgsters come to visit." Jacob was making this up off of the top of his head, wondering where this newfound imagination had appeared from.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Celare
Fourth Year
Thomas Celare

PostSubject: Re: Hiding For No Reason   Hiding For No Reason EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 5:19 pm

Thomas quirked an eyebrow. "Tomorrow? I thought it was next week... Oh no!" he said, hoping he wasn't messing the act up now. "Terry?" he asked. He had no clue who that was. "I mean here there's nothing for me to hide... But the moment I leave this Common Rooms, there's a lot for me to hide." He shrugged. "Some figure that out sooner than others really." He added quietly. He thought Jacob should deserve some time to be able to grin and everything. He shrugged it aside for now though.

"A vampaneze? What is that?" He asked, getting back into the act. "And I'm pretty sure I'm just human... Are you a..." He thought of something for a moment. "A Pegisarian?" He asked. It was a pitiful attempt in Thomas' eyes, but he supposed he'd given it ago at least... "Ah... Well perhaps I could be then, but there's no way to tell for another four years or so, is there?" He said, a grin still stuck to his face.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Beauchamp
Second Year
Jacob Beauchamp

PostSubject: Re: Hiding For No Reason   Hiding For No Reason EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 5:43 pm

"This is getting boring..." Jacob sighed. "And Terry is a redheaded fourth year Ravenclaw, about 5'3, Bulgarian accent? She said she had met you in her first year."

"A vampaneze is a purple skinned, red eyed cousin of the vampires. Have you ever read Cirque du Freak? Or seen the movie?" Cirque du Freak was the best series of books in Jacob's eyes. "I'm not a Pegisarian! those are white horses with Saris around their legs. Indigenous," Jacob stumbled over that word, "to Asian and African countries."

"I guess so."
Back to top Go down
Thomas Celare
Fourth Year
Thomas Celare

PostSubject: Re: Hiding For No Reason   Hiding For No Reason EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 6:05 pm

Thomas sighed at the thought of this getting boring. He almost never got to mess around any more, so it seemed like he would never get tired of it. "What do you suggest we do then?" He asked, his mind to come up with all sorts of silly ideas, but he pushed them away. They wouldn't be fun or make him look any better in front of everyone else.

"Ah.. Nope, I've never actually read it." He said, while internally wondering what a movie was, but decided to not ask, before raising an eyebrow. "Oh really? I was under the opinion they were... Never mind." He said, thoughts instantly warping on him to things he never would have believed he'd think about. He was tempted to hit his head to put himself back in the right mindset, but that would probably look too odd, even to Jacob.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Beauchamp
Second Year
Jacob Beauchamp

PostSubject: Re: Hiding For No Reason   Hiding For No Reason EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 6:14 pm

"We uh.....we can um......er.....terrorize Hufflepuffs? Please?" Jacob asked. "I don't know where they usually are- I'm thinking Kitchens since they're cousins of a cereal- but do you have any ideas?" He seriously shouldn't have eaten candy for breakfast.

"You haven't? You have not lived!" Jacob paused for a moment, before rolling out from under the curtains, slowly but easily going up to his dorm, retrieving his very worn copy of the first book, and returning to the curtain, Beka deciding to stay in the armchair she had...ah, done her business on. Handing the thin book to the third year, Jacob grinned. "You can keep it- I know most of it by heart."

"What did you think they were?"
Back to top Go down
Thomas Celare
Fourth Year
Thomas Celare

PostSubject: Re: Hiding For No Reason   Hiding For No Reason EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 6:29 pm

Thomas smirked slightly. "Terrorize Hufflepuffs eh? Sounds like fun." He said, he could do with some more practice in terrorizing anyway. "Cousins of cereal?" He asked confused. He grinned slightly, Jacob seemed pretty hyper to him, but then he'd never met him before, he could just be naturally this hilariously insane. "Are you sure? I mean I could end up damaging it or something..." He said hesitantly. He didn't want to ruin anything that belonged to anyone who he'd actually talk to more than once.

He blushed slightly at being asked what he thought they were. "I had no clue to be honest, just surprised me that's what they were." He said, feeling like an idiot... Did his mind really want him to go jump off a roof or something?
Back to top Go down
Jacob Beauchamp
Second Year
Jacob Beauchamp

PostSubject: Re: Hiding For No Reason   Hiding For No Reason EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 4:48 pm

"They're Huffle-PUFFS." Jacob emphasized. "but they're human." He hoped his explanation made more sense than he though it did. "So, do you want to? I don't know where anythign is...so...yeah." Jacob shrugged.

"I'm sure. You have not lived in the world of literature until you've read these books." he insisted. "I have two other copies of it too," he added, just in case Thomas was wondering if he was going to damage it some way.

"That's okay. Not many people do." Jacob said brightly.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Celare
Fourth Year
Thomas Celare

PostSubject: Re: Hiding For No Reason   Hiding For No Reason EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 5:25 pm

Thomas nodded in realization. "Ahh. Now that makes complete sense." He said seriously. "Aw... They're only human? Then what the hell is a Hufflepuff?" He asked. "Well... There's the Lake outside, and the library on the Fourth floor if you want to go there. There's the Clock Tower and Owlry in the towers as well." He said, trying to think of somewhere good they might be able to go.

"Okay then, as long as you don't mind." He said, looking at the book. It certainly looked quite interesting, and he couldn't wait to be able to read it. "Oh good, now I won't feel like I've committed a crime if I damaged it at all." He said with a sigh of relief. "Oh good, I'm not an idiot compared to the next person then." He grinned on the comment of not many people knowing what they were.

"So. Anywhere in particular you want to go out the places I've said? Or can you think of somewhere else we could go look for?" He asked
Back to top Go down
Jacob Beauchamp
Second Year
Jacob Beauchamp

PostSubject: Re: Hiding For No Reason   Hiding For No Reason EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 5:40 pm

"Where do the Puffs congregate the most often then?" Jacob asked. "Or Red Ones?"

"I can lend you the rest of the series as you finish each book." Jacob offered. The last four were back in London, but his mother could always send them out.

"Hmm....isn't there a forest?" Jacob asked. "That'd be fun." They could play hide and seek or something like that...
Back to top Go down
Thomas Celare
Fourth Year
Thomas Celare

PostSubject: Re: Hiding For No Reason   Hiding For No Reason EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 2:52 pm

Thomas had to think about where the Hufflepuffs and Gryffindorks seemed to gather. "I'm not totally sure. I think they tend to just go wherever they feel like, without any real reason bbehind it, and it based purely because they feel like it. Their common rooms is the only concrete place, and no one knows how to get in to them." He said. He wished he could discover a way in, but he doubted he ever would.

He nodded at Jacob at the offer of lending the others in the series out as he finished each one. "That would be great, that way I'll know the ending." He said, grinning a little. He bit his lip at the mention of a forest. "There is one, but it's really dangerous and we're not meant to go in there." He said, before realising how Hufflepuff he sounded. "I mean. We could, but if you're worried about a detention or anything..." He trailed off. "It's up to you though, if you want to go then we can." He added.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Beauchamp
Second Year
Jacob Beauchamp

PostSubject: Re: Hiding For No Reason   Hiding For No Reason EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 8:32 pm

Jacob sighed. "Oh...oh! I know! We can go look for their common rooms eventually!" he said happily, grinning.

"I'm not! Beka could be a guard or something, to let us know if there's someone coming towards us. And I'm up for anything- after all, you do know lots of spells, right? You could kill anything bad." Jake grinned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hiding For No Reason   Hiding For No Reason Empty

Back to top Go down

Hiding For No Reason
Page 1 of 1