Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

A Little Color For The Lions

Go down 
AuthorMessage

A Little Color For The Lions Empty
PostSubject: A Little Color For The Lions   A Little Color For The Lions EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 1:32 am

Skyler decided a nice,virtually harmless .....treat? Yea! Thats what it was! A nice treat would be a good ice breaker with the Gyffs. Well, technically she didn't have much of a choice. She hadn't yet figured out where any of the other common rooms were, aside from her own. And she wasn't about to prank her own housemates. Not yet anyways. Though a select few had it coming. The only reason she found the Gryff common room was due to overhearing a conversation between a couple of ghosts who had no idea she had been just around the corner. Worked for her though.

So naturally, she wanted to give them a nice... Treat. Skyler smirked at the thought as she made her way up the many flights of stairs, tray of yummy looking cupcakes (if she did say so herself) in her arms. She dearly hoped she didn't run into any professors on the way, because if they took a cupcake, she was sure she'd have some explaining to do. Though she was pretty good at lying, and had a reasonable and plausible story. Atleast she hoped. Ah well. What was life without a little risk huh?

Finally getting to the towers, Skyler thanked her lucky stars. Bloody castle was menace for a small girl like her. Shoving that aside for now, she peeked around the corner and saw that she was in luck again. It was empty! Sweet deal!! Haha, sweet deal indeed. Skyler could only grin at her play on words as she sneakily and hurriedly set up the tray right across the entrance to the Gryff common room.

Once they were set up to her satisfaction, she made her way back out of the corridor, and into a small niche around the corner. Thank Merlin she was small or else she might not have fit. Now she had a great hiding spot that also happened to be a front row seat to what was likely to be a good show. If Gryffindors proved to be as thick as they were rumored to be that is.
Back to top Go down
Marie Wilde
Second Year
Marie Wilde

PostSubject: Re: A Little Color For The Lions   A Little Color For The Lions EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 2:06 am

It had been a tiring day; and no, it did not have anything to do with the study she had done. Because she hadn't even touched her books, they were laying rotting in her dormitory. Rather, this Gryffindor had been busy pranking that day. She was quite pleased with the amount of mischeif she had gotten upto that day.

Slowly, she trudged towards the Gryffindor Common room, finally seeing fit that it was time for sleep. That was what she had planned for herself, until she saw the cupckaes that lay before her, and Marie couldn't help but wonder who would have left them there.

With a few steps towards them, she decided that it wouldn't hurt picking one up and eating it. Now what do you say?

And so that was exactly what she did. Placing it into her mouth, she happily ate the sweet. "Now this is what I call delicious".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Little Color For The Lions   A Little Color For The Lions EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 3:05 am

Skyler felt like she had been waiting ages for someone to show up. She had even seen a spider or two during her wait. And just when she was about to either give up or just go find a bloody Gryff and drag them to their own common room, one came skipping along. Skyler immediately perked up at the sight of the girl who looked no older than her. She seemed rather cheery too. Made Skyler wonder why....

Now was not the time to wonder what little lion cubs got up to though. No. Now was the time to see her work unfold. Because the Gryff had taken the bait, and was in front of the cupcakes. Looking at them. Now she had one in her hand. And now she was EATING ONE!!!!!! SCORE!!!

Skyler very much would've loved to have provided that commentary for a crowd, but the invisible people in her head she imagine was good enough. She couldn't help the huge delighted grin on her face, and next moment had to cover her mouth to stiffle her laughter as the girls hair turned a shocking neon orange! Skyler desperately kept her laughter in, not wanting to get caught. She just had to see if the girl would realize what had just happened. Skyler couldn't help but think that it was too bad it hadn't been a whole group. That would've been a sight worthy of a picture alright.
Back to top Go down
Marie Wilde
Second Year
Marie Wilde

PostSubject: Re: A Little Color For The Lions   A Little Color For The Lions EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 3:25 am

Marie felt a tingling sensation as she had taken the last bite of the cupcake. And a confused expression came upon her features. Oh god, how could she have been so stupid? This cupcake was full of a charm that would turn the color of its eater to another. That had been the first of the pranks she herself had ever used. And now here she was, been pranked by the exact same thing. How could she have been so stupid? She should have realised this all when she first had seen them. Who in their right mind would have left them there unless it had all been planned?

Her feelings went from pure anger to laughter. Marie couldn't help but laugh at the situation at hand. So if these were here, it meant that the pranker was nearby.

"I know you're out there, reveal yourself," she managed between her giggles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Little Color For The Lions   A Little Color For The Lions EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 4:07 am

Skyler continued to reign in her laughter, not allowing herself to get carried away as she wayched the now orange-haired girl draw her conclusions. It was always fascinating to Skyler, watching it dawn on peoples' faces. Seeing the realization that they had been tricked and pranked hit them. It was why she preferred to see her pranks through to the end. This was the part that was worth it.

And the the girl started to laugh. Well that was a bit unexpected. Skyler had half expected a tantrum of some sort. And then the girl was calling out to her. Well....not to Skyler per say, because she didn't even know Skyler, but the girl was calling out to whoever pulled the prank. Something Skyler could only draw three conclusions from: One) The girl had a friend who was likely to pull a stunt like this and she assumed that was the culprit, Two) The girl herself was a prankster of sorts and therefore knew whoever was behind it would stick around to see the finish, or Three) The girl was clever and pretending to not be angry in the hopes of reassuring the culprit behind it, drawing them out under false pretenses to exact revenge.

Skyler reassured herself herself the third one was more likely to fit a Slytherin than a Gryffindor, but just in case.....
She saw an opportunity and took it. She quickly and quietly made her way out of her hiding spot and down the adjacent corridor, turning the corner all the way at the end. Glancing around, she knew no one had seen her and schooled herself into the calm, cool, and collected Slytherin she was. Reaching into her pocket, she took out a strawberry flavored lolli, unwrapped it, and slipped it in her mouth.

Now she was ready. All of this had taken no longer than ten minutes, which was enough time between the girl calling out and her appearing to give her reasonable doubt. That was all she needed really. The rest she could play off. And so she made ger way back down the hall towards where she had just snuck away from, whistling around the lolli in her mouth, wand tucked behind her ear.

Turning the corner, she immediately spotted the orange-haired monstrosity, and felt the corners of her mouths twitch. But she kept her laughter down, schooling her features into one of mild amusement and curiousity. Arching a brow, purple eyes straying from the girl to the cupcakes and back again, Skyler let loose an amused smirked. "Let me guess.....you meant to make your hair orange."
Back to top Go down
Marie Wilde
Second Year
Marie Wilde

PostSubject: Re: A Little Color For The Lions   A Little Color For The Lions EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 4:54 am

Marie stood there with her now a, she didn't even know what colour it was. Placing her hands into her hair, she pulled out a few strands and looked at it. Orange. It was better then the colour pink, seemed like the pranker had a good taste in their colours.

She smiled at that thought. Whoever this mystery person was, Marie was sure they were going to get along just fine.

And as she was halfway through that thought, she heard footsteps coming her way and turned around. "Well I didn't mean for it to turn orange, but now that it is, I must say that it looks good".

So now was this the person that had pranked her? She couldn't be sure. Ah well, probably that person had scurried away, and she frowned a little at that. She would have liked to have seen them, and perhaps get introduced.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Little Color For The Lions   A Little Color For The Lions EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 5:37 am

Skyler allowed a bit of her surprise at the girls' statement to show through, her eyebrow raising and her purple eyes dancing in amusement. Deciding that as long as the girl was going to be a good sport about it....
Skyler made a slow circle around the girl, seeminly examing the now orange hair from all angles in a faux serious way. Coming to halt to a halt in front of the girl again, she simply nodded. "Well, I'll give you that. It's not too bad. Atleast it's not pink." She remarked absently, wrinkling her nose at the thought of pink hair. She thoroughly detested the color.

And then finally she brought her gaze to that of the other girls' and smirked playfully, eyes lit with amusement. "Mind giving me your hairdressers' name? I was thinking I might look good in blue." She joked lightly.
Back to top Go down
Marie Wilde
Second Year
Marie Wilde

PostSubject: Re: A Little Color For The Lions   A Little Color For The Lions EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 6:08 am

"Yes, I was just thinking that. Orange is much better than pink," she twisted her face in disgust, feeling much happier now that she had found another girl that didn't like that awful color.

When the girl asked about the hairdresser, Marie smirked. "Ofcourse, just have a bite of those cupcakes over there, and I'm sure one of them is bound to do the trick".

Marie liked this girl, and she was starting to think that maybe she had been right about her being the pranker. She could already feel the excitement bubbling up inside her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Little Color For The Lions   A Little Color For The Lions EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 6:39 am

Skyler nodded in agreement. "You got that right. Pink shouldn't even be called a color. It should be called a bloody nightmare." She stated seriously. My did she hate that color. Why most the female populace found it so attractive, she would never know. She allowed a grin to grace her features as the girl played right along with her joke, and Skyler found herself taking a liking to the girl. Unlike some of the Slytherins, Skyler didn't care much about what house a person was in.

But she shot back her patented Riddle smirk and shook her head. "Oh no you don't. I said I wanted blue, not orange. Besides, knowing my luck I'd probably ens up with pink." Skyler made a look of distaste, before adding on while her smirk slipped back into place, "And if that happened, I'd have to blame you. And that would mean revenge. And it just so happens I think I rather like you. So I'm saving you from the loss of a friend."

Skyler's smirk gave way to a full blown grin, knowing perfectly well she had twisted that. She held out her hand. "I'm Skyler. Skyler Riddle."
Back to top Go down
Marie Wilde
Second Year
Marie Wilde

PostSubject: Re: A Little Color For The Lions   A Little Color For The Lions EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 6:55 am

Marie chuckled, "I have a feeling that the person that planted those cupcakes there, doesn't like the colour pink either, so I wouldn't be worried about that".

"Rather, I would be worried about getting caught. Just what would a girl, who mind you, is wearing the robes of Slytherin, be doing anywhere near the Gryffindor Common Room, unless she is the one that planned this prank".

Winking at the girl, Marie took out her outstrected hand and shook it, "I wouldn't want to lose a friend either. I'm Marie Wilde".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Little Color For The Lions   A Little Color For The Lions EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 6:46 pm

Skyler shook her head in slight seriousness. "Imagine if they did like pink though?" She feigned a look of mock horror. "Gryffindors are bad enough to look at without adding pink to the mix." She pretended to be horrified, but her amused eyes and grin gave way to the fact she was only joking.

Skyler knew without a doubt she had been pegged as the culprit, despite her efforts. But that didn't mean she would admit it. Oh no. She had a better idea. She adorned a look of mild surprise and glanced around as if curious. "Oh is it?" She continued looking around in a surprised air, as if she really hadn't known the Gryff common room was up here. "Well how do you like that. You get lost and find something along the way. Well atleast now I know where i it is. Thanks to you of course." She added on with a sly smirk.
Back to top Go down
Marie Wilde
Second Year
Marie Wilde

PostSubject: Re: A Little Color For The Lions   A Little Color For The Lions EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 7:47 am

Marie's eyes lightened up, she really liked this girl. "Why couldn't I have found you earlier? It's great to now have a prank buddy, that is if you are willing".

She wondered how long her hair was going to stay orange, though she didn't mind the colour, it looked pretty good. Oh, who was she kidding? She couldn't wait to get her natural colour back, and get revenge.

Oh ho, this friendship was going to last long, she could feel it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Little Color For The Lions   A Little Color For The Lions EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 2:01 pm

Watching as Marie's eyes lit up, and a grin slipped onto the girls' face, Skyler couldn't help but grin back. "Better late than never?" She offered her newfound friend. So what if she were a Gryffindor? Skyler didn't really believe much in the prejudices' between houses, and besides, she liked the girl. She was spunky. And a prankster. And that was a good note in Skyler's book on any given day.

Looking over the girl, Skyler couldn't help but smirk in slight pride at the mass of neon orange hair residing on her head. Now how long was it supposed to last for? Let's see...with that much of the potion...3 days? She was pretty sure it were 3 days anyways.

Grinning again, Skyler added on, "Willing? Paaa-leeze! I live for pranking and adventure. Consider yourself stuck with me."
Back to top Go down
Marie Wilde
Second Year
Marie Wilde

PostSubject: Re: A Little Color For The Lions   A Little Color For The Lions EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 1:43 am

Marie jumped up in joy, she hadn't really made any friends, well friends that were willing to do pranks as she was and so she was relieved to have found another like her. "Do you know how long I'll be staying orange haired for?"

She could feel one side of her brain whirring, trying to make a plan to prank Skyler, and she grinned. Obviously these cupcakes were out of the question, she had to think of something new.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Little Color For The Lions   A Little Color For The Lions EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 5:36 pm

Skyler grinned like a Chestire, wheels in her brain turning as she considered how to handle the question, though her purple eyes lit up as Marie jumped a bit. Skyler too was excited to have made a new friend, though she was just a tad bit too Slytherin to show such excitement. Atleast at the moment. She had to warm up to a person first you know? Now, to tell her, or not to tell her, that was the question...

"Well, considering the jokester in question used cupcakes as a delivery for the prank, I would guess they used a potion. And seeing as I'm familiar with a color changing potion such as this...I'd say the standard length of time would be about three days." Skyler offered in a nonchalant way, as if this was the sort of thing she talked about every day. She practically did. In a way.
Back to top Go down
Marie Wilde
Second Year
Marie Wilde

PostSubject: Re: A Little Color For The Lions   A Little Color For The Lions EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 4:42 am

"Three days, huh?" she said slowly, "Thats not so much, by the time it starts to fade away even I would be used to it". Marie allowed herself to smile at the Slytherin.

Her brain was already planning a few pranks they could together, and she wondered if Skyler was up for it.

"Have any prank filled plans for the next few days?" she asked casually, hiding what she truly felt inside.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Little Color For The Lions   A Little Color For The Lions EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 2:09 pm

Skyler grinned rather amusedly. "I suppose that would be true. Though the orange will probably clash horribly with the red of the Gryffindor common room." She replied sweetly. She wasn't making fun of the girl. Not really. Skyler said things like that in an obvious playful manner, not to intentionally hurt or anything.

Skyler blinked at the question, which sounded far too casual for her own likeness. She leaned against the stone wall casually, sliding the lolli back into her mouth, grinning around it like a chestire. "Maybe. What's it to you?"
Back to top Go down
Marie Wilde
Second Year
Marie Wilde

PostSubject: Re: A Little Color For The Lions   A Little Color For The Lions EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 7:16 pm

It seemed this conversation was going somewhere, well that was what it seemed like to Marie. Folding her arms, she leaned back against the wall aswell, micmicking the girl in front, and smirked.

"Partnership, ofcourse" she said, "Two minds work better then one, that is what we've always been taught, isn't it?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Little Color For The Lions   A Little Color For The Lions Empty

Back to top Go down

A Little Color For The Lions
Page 1 of 1