Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

An aimless wanderer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

An aimless wanderer Empty
PostSubject: An aimless wanderer   An aimless wanderer EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 1:23 pm

Emily was currently wandering around the castle of hogwarts. She didn't want to go back outside, i was raining pretty heavily now. She could hear hit hitting off the windows as she wandered. She had no real aim, just a gryffindor walking around a castle. She decided she better make good use of her time so she headed to the librabry at least then she could read something which might be of interest. She might have been a gryffindor who tended to avoid the library but she figured that seeing as she had nothing else to do. She walked into the librbary and walked arund some of the shelves. She may not have been a ravenclaw but the ammount of books sometimes astounished her. She yawned as she walked without an aim around the room. Maybe she would run into someome she knew and hae a conversation or something.She reached the shelf of books that were all about history. muggle and magical. SHe picked up a raondom book from the magic world part before sitting at a nerby table. She was kind of tired as she flicked through the book. Nothing really caught her eye so she slwoly flicked through the book at a normal reading pace. Not really concentrating on the words at all. She was starting to get kind of tired, maybe time for another aimless wander. But she was too tired and couldn't be beothered getting up, just to walk up so many stairs to gryffindor tower.
Back to top Go down
Lewis Williams
First Year
Lewis Williams

PostSubject: Re: An aimless wanderer   An aimless wanderer EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 1:33 pm

Lewis had been outside but then the rain had started. So how did he come to be standing in the lbrary, half soaked from the rain outside? Well you see. Lewis Williams memory was not the best and he couldn't remember the password to the common room. He was only afirst year and the password was made up of some word that he could hardly prounouce. He wasn't exaclty searching for a gryffindor just waiting to see if the word would come back to him. He started to walka round the librbary not quite sure what he was looking for. After a while he spotter a girl he recognised. He knew she was a gryffindor aswell and she was older than him bu he hadn't spoken to her. Actually he hadn't spoken to anyone. He prefered to keep himself to himself. When he spoke to people he did have a tendancy to eb too forward and he came across rude and arogant. Slowly he walked over to the girl. "good book?" he asked. "you mind if I sit?" he asked her idnicating the seat oposite her.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: An aimless wanderer   An aimless wanderer EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 1:38 pm

Emily jumped a little at the sound of a voice. She looked up to see a boy younger than her who was soaked. "not really" she smiled in answer to his questions. "sure go ahead."
She lay the book down on the table. Not wanting to seem rude but she also didn't want him to think that she had just been sititng there waiting for someone to talk to or anything weird like that. "so did you go for a swim in the lake or have you been outside int he rain?" she asked. "or did peeves get you on your way here?" she grinned. She pushed a strand of her light brown hair out of her eyes, before lettign them wander back down to th epage infront of her.
Back to top Go down
Lewis Williams
First Year
Lewis Williams

PostSubject: Re: An aimless wanderer   An aimless wanderer EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 3:08 pm

She gave his head a quick shake to get his wet blonde hair off his face before smiling at his fellow lion and sittign down. He watched as she lay the book she was reading on the table. "what are you reading anyways?" he asked her. He chuckled a little at what she said. "just the rain. I was going to go for a swim btu to be honest with you i'm a little scared of the giant quid" he grinned rolling his eyes to show he was kidding. "I just got stuck outside in the rain for a while. I tohught it might go off but instead it just came on heavier" he said to her. "so what brings you to the library. Homweork, bordem or pranks? Or soemthing else" he asked her.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: An aimless wanderer   An aimless wanderer EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 3:12 pm

SHe lifted the book off the table to show him the cover. On the blue coloured book in sliver old fashionshed writting were the words a history of the magical world. The book was old yet it's spine was still intact. Emily assumened that either great care had been taken with the book or it had been repaired with magic. "ah yeash the giant quid can eb very scary. but youare mean to be a gryffindor. The standars are starting to slip" she grinned. Teasing him a little. "well you see I wa kinda of bored so I was just randomly walking around the castle when I decided to stop in here. I got tired but I was way too lazy to walk all those stairs to the common room. I mena really ours just has to be the furthestt away/" shesamiled.
Back to top Go down
Lewis Williams
First Year
Lewis Williams

PostSubject: Re: An aimless wanderer   An aimless wanderer EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 3:19 pm

He smiled when he read the cover "ah yes history of magic. What fun it is. Didn't think I woudl like it but professore nott is a good teacher" he smiled. "though I do prefer transfiguration, with professore Sparrow" he smiled. He laughed at her comment about the standards of gryffindors slipping. "yeah well notall gryffindors are fearless. Though i have to say I am pretty fearless" he grinned. "are you sure the standars aren't just getting higher?" he asked her. "ah yeah such a long way tot he common room. Still keeping us lions away from the slytherins is proabbly a good idea" he smiled. " I was heading back to gryffindor common room when I decided to stop in at the librbary see what was happening" he said. He wasn't planning on teling her he had forgotten the password. I mena what kind of gryfindor forgets the password to give the fat lady? Not a very good one.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: An aimless wanderer   An aimless wanderer EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 3:24 pm

She nodded at what eh said about professore nott. "I've always liked the subject even when I was younger" she said. "oh yes professor sparrow is defiently different shall we say. A very good teacher and a nice person. Though sometimes I wonder if her ambition for cheescake is greater than that for figgie" she smiled, knowing he wouldn't really understad her comment. It was then she realised that she didn't know his name and clearly he didn't realise she was a sparrow. "I'm Emily Psarrow by the way" she said to him. "no no I think the standards are defeintly slipping" she said smiling at him and laughing a little at his fearless comment. "ah. I wondered what a sosaking wet first eyar was doing int he library. You know that th elibrain might kill you if the books get water damaged" she smield.
Back to top Go down
Lewis Williams
First Year
Lewis Williams

PostSubject: Re: An aimless wanderer   An aimless wanderer EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 3:29 pm

He was a little confused by her comment abotut somesort of cake or something- he thought she had said cheescake but he coudln't be sure seeing as their was probably some water in his ear or something- but it made sense when she introduced herself. "I see. Well somhow I don't think your her daughter. SO what realation are you? or is the surname just a coincidence?" he smiled at the older gryffindor. "I'm lewis. Lewis williams to be exact" he said to her. He laughed at ehr comment "yeah I'm sure he's around and don't worry I have no plans to damage the books. I'll dry off soon enough. it's just the hair that may take a while" he said to her flicking a starnd of it away from his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: An aimless wanderer   An aimless wanderer EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 3:36 pm

She smiled a little. "ah the surname is no concidence. Changed delibrately you will find." she said to him. "and i'm her niece. My mother is her sister" she said to blonde haired boy who called himself lewis. "it's nice to meet you then Lewis." she said to him closing the book that lay infront of her. Before twirling a starnd od her wavy hair around her finger. Lewis seemend nice enough and he was easy to talk to. "yeah the hair is a little long. Your thoguht of a ahair cut?" she asked him smiling at the blonde boy who sat across from her.
"well seeing as the standards are slipping and your a so called fearless gryffindor how do you find it? With all the other not so fearless gryffindors?" she grinned at him, countinueing to twirl her hair.
Back to top Go down
Lewis Williams
First Year
Lewis Williams

PostSubject: Re: An aimless wanderer   An aimless wanderer EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 3:46 pm

He nodded a little at what she said. "changed?" he asked her. Not wanting to be nosey but he was wondering how someone ould simply change their surname. "so your names isn't actually Emily Sparrow?" he asked her very confused now. "it's nice to meet you aswell Emily" he said to her. The girl seemend nice. "a hair cut? hmm perhaps when I am mistaken for a girl. You think mines bad. You should see my brothers. It a good thing my sister has very long hair or we might all look like sisters" he grinned.
"I prefer to keep myself to myself. It runs in the family. More of my time is spent with my brother and sister than making friends. You may find it hard to believe but soem people think I come off as arrogant and rude" he said to ehr.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: An aimless wanderer   An aimless wanderer EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 3:54 pm

SHe nodded. "yeah changed. Emily Jane lovegood before my parents moved to America and moved in with my aunt. I wasn't exacltt the perfect child they wanted" she said. "they were always nice to me but I don't know. Anyways I hae my aunt now. Professor Sparrow is nice to me when my parents moved. Though she didn't really have to" she said to him. Knowing he wouldn't fully understand but hoping he wouldn't ask anymore questions.
"you have a brother and as sister? they're both at hogwarts? don't tell me your a triplet or soemthing?" she grinned. "ah yeah not everyone appricatiates such forwardness. I personally don't mind it becuase that's me a lot of the time" she grinned at him.
Back to top Go down
Lewis Williams
First Year
Lewis Williams

PostSubject: Re: An aimless wanderer   An aimless wanderer EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 4:07 pm

He didn't ask anymore questions as he could tell it wasn't somethign she really wanted to talk about. "yeah she seems nice" he said to her. "so your an only child?" he asked her. He didn't completely understand. "yeah I do. Rowan's in your year She's in ravencalw though. My brother Daniel is in ravencalw too. He's a fifth year." he said to her. His and his siblings were all the same. Quite and they tended to kepp themselevs to themselves. Not really having many friends. "I'm the only one in the family to make gryffindor. Pretty porud of that considering my parents and whoel family were in gryffindor. Don't know what happened with my borther and sister" he smiled. He gave his head a quick shake to move the hair that was sticking to his face.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: An aimless wanderer   An aimless wanderer EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 4:13 pm

"i'm an only child soemtimes I wished I had a siblings but I like beging by myslef. I had friends when I was younger and I do now so i'm happy. " she said. "Rowan williams? i think i've heard the name." she said. picturing the quite girl with blonde hair, alwyas tied up in abun from some of her classes. She had never spoken to the ravencalw and as far as she knew the ravenclaw rarely spoke to others. "that's defiently odd." she said. "i've never heard of a whole family being gryffindor then 2/3 in one generattion are sorted into a different house. You get on well with your borhter and sister then?" she asked him.
"so where did you grow up with them?" she asked. She though it woudl be somewhere int he coutnry side with not a lot of children. But maybe she was wrong. She did think that he had a slight accent soemtimes. She woudl guess scottish or Irish but she couldn't be sure.
Back to top Go down
Lewis Williams
First Year
Lewis Williams

PostSubject: Re: An aimless wanderer   An aimless wanderer EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 5:56 pm

"yeah siblings are okay. Get anoyying some times. I did have friends when I was younger. Mainly because I hated my borther back then. Always live in his shadow. But when he was sorted into ravenclaw I realised he wasn't perfect. So we've been getting on better recantly." Lewis explained to her. "yeah we all thought it was kind of strange too" he smiled a little. "the three of us grew up on the east coast of scotland. It was a large town. There weren't alot of people my age. But enough to find some to cause trouble with. i was a little rebelious whn I was younger. I wanted to be different from my brother and sister. They seemend so perfect ot me back then" he said to Emily.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: An aimless wanderer   An aimless wanderer EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 7:07 pm

"ah yeah well I guess that's the bonus of beging an only child. Though you still have the expectations and if you don't live up to them then your a a disapoitment" she said to him. "no one's perfect. Eventually you realise that no matter how perfect they seem or how jeloud you are of them there still not perfect." she agreed. "perfect is when you can manage to over look the imperfections" she smiled remembering that for long ago. though she had forgotten where she had heard that. "you wanted to be different so you caused trouble? I suppose that makes sense. I'm guessing they were both well bahaved and polite and causing trouble was the only thing they hadn't done?" she asked him.
Back to top Go down
Lewis Williams
First Year
Lewis Williams

PostSubject: Re: An aimless wanderer   An aimless wanderer EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 3:59 am

He nodded. "I like having my siblings though. Sometimes i think that if I was an only child it would be pretty cool but like you said their must be a lot of excpectation" he said to his fellow gryffindor. "perfect is when you manage to look over the imprefections" he repeated. "yeah I suppose it is. Nothing is ever goign to be perfect in everyones viewpoint" he said. "we sound like ravencalw don't we?" he asked her laughin. "yeah their were perfectly well behaved and manaered. So th eonly thing they hadn't done was cause trouble. My theory is that me being rebelious is what got me into gryffindor unlike them" he smiled. "I just wnated to be different and do something they hadn't. And that was the easy way" he expalined.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: An aimless wanderer   An aimless wanderer EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 4:04 am

"well I wasn't the slytherin pureblood they wanted. Unfortunetly for them, they didn't have anyone else to actually get sorted into gryffindor" she smirked a little. Her parents only had wanted her to be in slytherin. She had no idea why though. "yeah I guess we do sound like ravencalws. But since ravencalw was almost one of the houses I was sorted into it's nto suprising. And you are realted to two calws. So probably not strange at all really" she smiled. "intresting theory Lewis. MAybe it was. I don't know your borther but your sister seems way too reserved for gryffindor if she hadn't been so well behaved perhhaps she would have made it into gryffindor" she said to him. "well I suppose when your younger you just want to be noticed and differnt." she said to him. SHe tucked a strand of hair behind her left ear to stop it flying into her blue eyes.
Back to top Go down
Lewis Williams
First Year
Lewis Williams

PostSubject: Re: An aimless wanderer   An aimless wanderer EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 3:21 pm

He nodded at what she said of her family. “being a pureblood isn’t always easy. You have the expectations of just about your whole family on you. To be like them, to do just as well or better than them. “one of the houses you were almost sorted into? Wow the sorting hat must have had a lot of fun sorting you. “ he said. “I was between Gryffindor and raven claw. But I don’t think I would really fit in with the claws. Goo thing I was sorted into Gryffindor” he smiled. “yes I did think it was a good theory. My brothers just not brave enough to be a Gryffindor” he grinned. “yeah having siblings, you just want to be as good as them. It’s difficult to find something neither of them have done. Then there’s always the competition to do better than them” he said to her.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: An aimless wanderer   An aimless wanderer EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 3:34 pm

She nodded in agreement with what he said. “yeah I think the sorting hat just loved me. Apparently I would make a good Gryffindor but I was so stubborn not to go their t upset my parents more. Acording to the hat stubbornness is a lion trait. I like to learn and to draw so ravenclaw could also have been an option. I am fairly clumsy and somewhat loyal so I could probably have gone to hufflepuff too. The hat never mentioned the puffs. Probably could sense I didn’t want to go there” she said. “eventually though Gryffindor was were I was placed and I like it here.” She said smiling. She laughed at his comment about his brother “you know not all gryffindors have to be brave and daring. Their are other traits related to our house” she said. “yeah it must be difficult with the competion” she said.
Back to top Go down
Lewis Williams
First Year
Lewis Williams

PostSubject: Re: An aimless wanderer   An aimless wanderer EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 3:40 pm

Lewis chuckled at the girl. “ah you must have a curious mind Emily” he said to her. “you must have been pretty determined not to go to slytherin. Well I’m glad you got placed here otherwise we wouldn’t be having this conversation and you probably would have hexed me by now” he grinned. “I was pretty relieved when the hat said Gryffindor I was starting to worry I was oging to end up in ravencalw like my brother and sister” he said smiling. “yeah there are other traits but bravery is pretty important” he said to her. He nodded at what she said last. “the competition get annoying after a while” he said to her. “that’s why sometimes I wish I was an only child. You not get lonely sometimes though? When I was young I always had someone to prank or tease. Even thought hey are older than me they wouldn’t dream of pranking me back. Only thing is my parents always knew who to blame” he said to her laughing a little at one in particular memory he had.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: An aimless wanderer   An aimless wanderer EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 3:52 pm

She grinned. “yeah that’s me.The awesome Gryffindor with the curious mind. I am actually pretty curios. You think curiosity is Gryffindor or ravencalw?” she asked Lewis. “oh come on i’m not that mean. Even if I was a slytherin. Admit it your just scared of the snakes” she grinned. “some of them are actually pretty nice” she said to him. “yeah it gets lonely. That’s why I started to draw. I found i was pretty decant too” she smiled. “my parents did ten to have people over though a lot. And most of the time there were children around my age. “also I had neighbours who were also wizards. They lived close by. If I got really bored I would go visit them. They had a daughter and a son a little younger than me” she explained. “it’s really not so bad” she added at the end. “you starting to dry off yet? After you adventure in the rain” she asked him.
Back to top Go down
Lewis Williams
First Year
Lewis Williams

PostSubject: Re: An aimless wanderer   An aimless wanderer EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 3:56 pm

He laughed at what she said. “sure whatever you say. Curiosty is a bit of both I guess. Mainly ravenclaw probably” he said. “you can’t be sure you wouldn’t be that mean. I am not scared of the slytherins” he mock glared at her. “ ah you been making friends with them Emily? I’m sure some of them are very nice but I haven’t met any and I don’t really plan on it” he smiled. “and no i’m not scared I just promised my mother I would stay out of trouble. Now her i’m scared of” he said chuckling. “I am starting to dry off a little. My hair is still soaking” he said shivering a little. He was starting to get cold as the socking wet fabric and hair clung to his skin. He pushed a strand of wet hair away from his face so it wasn't infront of his eyes anymore.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: An aimless wanderer   An aimless wanderer EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 4:15 pm

Emily smiled “curiosity is probably a ravenclaw. “ she agreed. “sure your not Lewis. Just the big seventh year guys with creepy eyes?” she asked him teasing him a little. “actually I have and some of them are nice” she said. She had a feeling that he isn’t really believe her about them being nice. She laughed “yeah i’m sure your mum’s very scary. Mine is too. My aunts not as scary though” she smiled. Before remembering something she had over heard her aunt say btu she pushed it from her mind. “yeah a little. You still look soaking. Come on we’ll go back to the Gryffindor common room, some of us can remember the password” she said.
Back to top Go down
Lewis Williams
First Year
Lewis Williams

PostSubject: Re: An aimless wanderer   An aimless wanderer EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 5:43 pm

Lewis nodded as she repeated what he had said. “yep something like that” he laughed. The big ones were pretty scary. He wasn’t too sure wither to believe her when she spoke the words slytheirns and nice in the same sentence. The two words just didn’t go together in his mind, slytherins shouldn’t be nice. Especially not to gryffindors, it just didn’t seem right. He smiled “thanks” he smiled at her. “you wouldn’t want me to catch my death of cold” he grinned as he rose from his seat. “you better put the book back, I might water damage it” he said to her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An aimless wanderer   An aimless wanderer Empty

Back to top Go down

An aimless wanderer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Novitas :: Archived Posts :: April 2011-
Jump to: