Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Reading by the Fire

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Reading by the Fire - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading by the Fire   Reading by the Fire - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 10:51 pm

"That would be so neat." Lyss grinned. She was still so jealous that Leigh was a half Animagi. However, now that the two had exchanged secrets, Lyss felt a little lame. Well, Leigh didn't seem bored, Lyss thought. I suppose I'm alright. The two were silent, then Lyss thoguht of something to say. She pulled out a gold necklace from underneath her swaeter. Tying her long brown hair up to get it out of the way, Lyss turned the knob on the side of the heart charm, opening the heart and revealing a secret compartment. It was enchanted of course, not like a Muggle thing would be able to hold everything. Showing it to Leigh was nerve racking for Lyss, as all three of her sisters had found it rather lame. But Lyss liked it.

"It was a starting school present from my aunt and uncle." Lyss explained, fingering the different compartments. "It's like my mini safe. I don't trust the dorms, professors, or house elves-no matter how adorable, I still will never trust them. I won't even let ours in my bedroom. Except for laundry." Lyss couldn't help but smile as she remembered her family's houself, Flipsy. Lyss wondered if her parents were lonely, being all alone in their enormous house. After all, Lily had moved out, and the other three of the girls were at school. She then remembered that her Aunt Astoria and Uncle Draco never complained one bit when Scorpius was away, and that was a shocker, considering their house was nearly as big as Hogwarts.
Back to top Go down
Leighton Vladimir
Third Year
Leighton Vladimir

PostSubject: Re: Reading by the Fire   Reading by the Fire - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 7:26 pm

Leighton leaned foward to look at the enchanted locket. It was very beautiful and evidently magical. Leighton was awed almost that somthing so small could be so mysterious and wonderful. "Its amazing. Thanks for sharing that part of you with me." Leighton leaned back down.
Leigh was thankful that her and Lyss had become so close in such a short amout of time. Leighton thought it would be harder making friends, but it seemed as if she was having an easier time than she thought. "I don't trust people either. I understand how you feel. I mean, I trust my brother but not enough to tell him that I'm half Animagi. He would probably think I was a freak." Leigh knew that, as much as she hoped it wasn't, it was true. Alyx isn't like Leigh. "Alyx is like my mother; impulsive and passionate. He is still mysterious, but he does things on a whim. I'm like my father; a deep thinker. I guess its a curse and a blessing in one."
Leigh looked at Lyss evenly. "Who are you like from you're family? Are you're sisters as nice as you are?" Leighton questioned. She wasn't like other people; she wanted to hear people talk about themselves and explain themselves to Leighton. It made getting to know them easier.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reading by the Fire   Reading by the Fire - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 6:53 pm

"Well," Lyss began. She loved talking about her family, they were all so different in their own way. "My parents are complete opposites. My mum's very strict about....everything, where my father, he's very uncautious. I think he trusts us more than mum, well, I suppose I know, but I love them both. My oldest sister, Lily, she's a mix. Mostly mum, but she looks like my dad, if that makes sense. She's nearly nineteen and just moved out, mum misses her terribly. But she's the nicest, even my cousin agrees. Christina and Marie are fifteen, twins. I swear, someone took their brains out at birth. They look like my mother, and they can't even be classified as humans. They're really bratty, and, there's really nothing to say about them, besides that they're self-concieted.

"Then there's my aunt, uncle, and cousin. The Malfoys. I could probably describe them with one hundred words each, but, oh well. My aunt is a blonde, my mum's sister. She's obsessed with looking good, and she's a true Slytherin, but nice, in a way. My uncle is alright, he has crazy long hair, and....slightly strange. My cousin....well, very contagious. It's one of those natural loathing things. My aunt's hoping we'll bond, not going to happen."

Lyss sighed. That had been quite a conversation, and she was now exhausted before bed.

"It was great meeting you, Leigh. I'm going to head up to bed, I'm exhausted. See you later."

After one last pet of Drea, Lyss headed up the stairs, ignoring her cousin's comments about her as she walked past him.
Back to top Go down
Leighton Vladimir
Third Year
Leighton Vladimir

PostSubject: Re: Reading by the Fire   Reading by the Fire - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 7:11 pm

Leigh smirked as Lyss left. She was glad that she bonded with someone from Slytherin. It was amazingly refreshing to know that she had a friend that was in Slytherin. Leighton had a good friend in Gryffindor and now a good friend in Slytherin. Leighton almost laughed at the irony.
Leigh glanced down at Drea, who was looking after Lyss with intense and confused green eyes. Leighton shook her head and rubbed Drea's fur.
Sighing calmly, Leigh looked at the fire. Now that Lyss was gone, she had no one to talk to. Yet, Leighton couldn't be too sad about that; she felt tired as well. But, Leigh didn't want to go to bed yet. It was awfully early for Leigh. She was five hours behind everyone else. Leighton hoped that wouldn't make her late to any of her classes.
Looking at the fire, Leighton pulled her potions book back out and went back to reading.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reading by the Fire   Reading by the Fire - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Reading by the Fire
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2