Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Walking and Reading (not very smart)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lachlan Normandy
Second Year
Lachlan Normandy

Walking and Reading (not very smart) Empty
PostSubject: Walking and Reading (not very smart)   Walking and Reading (not very smart) EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 10:40 pm

Lachlan walked into the Entrance Courtyard, reading Hogwarts: A History. She hated reading, but she had to. Apparently, Hogwarts loved reading. Her sarcastic thought made her roll her eyes. Lachlan found it difficult to read while walk. For one, she kept tripping because she wasn't watching where she was going. And second, her wildly curly hair kept getting in the way. It was ticking Lachlan off. She loved to be outside, but there was nowhere for her to read. So, she had to walk and read at the same time.

Lion trotted along side her, barking at the birds that got too close to Lachlan. Lachlan laughed at her German Shepherd. He really was a great guard dog. Shaking her head, she looked back down at her book. Walking a few more steps, Lachlan slammed into someone. It didn't hurt so much, but it shocked her.

Lachlan let out a squeal of surprise. "I'm sorry!" she exclaimed, looking up at the person she ran into.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Beauchamp
Second Year
Jacob Beauchamp

PostSubject: Re: Walking and Reading (not very smart)   Walking and Reading (not very smart) EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 10:47 pm

Jacob looked up at the Hufflepuff girl who had ran into him, thoroughly surprising the small terrier at his feet. "Uh, i-it's f-fine." he stuttered. Looking at Beka, who was barking at the other dog, he silenced her with a glare. Cursing his stutter to America and back, the small first year scrambled for an excuse, "I wasn't looking anyways..."

Great, now she'll think I'm stupid!
Back to top Go down
Lachlan Normandy
Second Year
Lachlan Normandy

PostSubject: Re: Walking and Reading (not very smart)   Walking and Reading (not very smart) EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 10:52 pm

Lachlan smiled at the boy. He wore Slytherin robes, but didn't make her feel like dirt. It was surprising. In fact, the boy reminded her of Caden, the other Slytherin boy that she met. Lachlan noticed how Lion wasn't barking at the boy's dog. Good boy, she thought.

Lachlan outstretched her hand. "Lachlan Normandy. Hufflepuff first year." She introduced herself, noticing how her hair was blowing into her face. She scowled internally at it.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Beauchamp
Second Year
Jacob Beauchamp

PostSubject: Re: Walking and Reading (not very smart)   Walking and Reading (not very smart) EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 10:59 pm

"I'm Jacob Beauchamp. Slytherin first year." Jacob introduced, bowing slightly, just as his mother had taught him. He didn't see the outstretched hand as he straightened, Beka holding her paw out to Lachlan instead from her spot at Jacob's heel.

"Hufflepuff? Do you know Kok- I mean Pierre?" Jacob asked the girl excitedly. He hadn't seen his 'brother' ever since Pierre's dad's funeral, almost three years ago.
Back to top Go down
Lachlan Normandy
Second Year
Lachlan Normandy

PostSubject: Re: Walking and Reading (not very smart)   Walking and Reading (not very smart) EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 11:03 pm

Lachlan grinned at the dog and at Jacob. "Nice to meet you Jacob." Lachlan was excited to meet more first years, even though Jacob was a Slytherin. Not all Slytherins are bad. Except for her amazingly devious cousin of course. Leighton was pure evil. Of course, she was Lachlan's best friend.

"Pierre?" she mused, placing her hands on her waist. "Yeah, I think I do. I met him at the park in Diagon Alley. Then later in the Hufflepuff common room. Reading Vogue." Lachlan smiled at the memory. The Hufflepuff common room adventure was really fun. "How do you know him?" Lachlan wondered.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Beauchamp
Second Year
Jacob Beauchamp

PostSubject: Re: Walking and Reading (not very smart)   Walking and Reading (not very smart) EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 11:11 pm

Jacob blushed slightly at the girl's grin. "Nice t-to m-meet you too." He wondered slightly why she wasn't running screaming. His vampire-like looks typically sent people running.

"Vogue? That idiot gets Vogue and I only get Allure? Jerk..." Jacob muttered, coming up with a plan to get his best friend's stash. Blinking out of his thoughts at the question, Jacob smiled. Memories of playing hide and seek in the giant skyscraper rushed back to him. "We grew up together!"
Back to top Go down
Lachlan Normandy
Second Year
Lachlan Normandy

PostSubject: Re: Walking and Reading (not very smart)   Walking and Reading (not very smart) EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 11:15 pm

Lachlan laughed at the Jacob. He was quite cute... in a odd sort of way. He looked like he could be related to Leighton... possibly. They both had that Gothic flare to them. "He must've been fun to grow up with. I had to grow up with my cousin, Leighton. She is a Slytherin too. She never really understood my love for fashion. Its quite sad, considering we both live in New York." Lachlan let out a small sigh.

"How are you liking Hogwarts?" Lachlan wondering, leaning against one of the walls.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Beauchamp
Second Year
Jacob Beauchamp

PostSubject: Re: Walking and Reading (not very smart)   Walking and Reading (not very smart) EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 11:23 pm

"Are you American? My mother said I was born there, but I don't believe her." Jacob questioned curiously, digging out a piece of cold bacon from breakfast from his pocket and tossing it in the air for Beka. "And it was really fun, though Pierre was always talking about guns and politics..." Jacob stuck his tongue out to show what he thought of that.

"Hogwarts is okay- not excellent, but better than Muggle school. How do you like it?" Jacob asked , leaning against the wall next to Lachlan.
Back to top Go down
Lachlan Normandy
Second Year
Lachlan Normandy

PostSubject: Re: Walking and Reading (not very smart)   Walking and Reading (not very smart) EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 11:30 pm

Lachlan smiled at her dog when she laid down at her feet. "No, I was born in Ireland. I moved to America right before my tenth birthday. My cousin moved there much earlier. My family moved there to be closer to them." Lachlan explained, laughing at Jacob's dog. "I'm not one for the politics. That's my father's area." Lachlan shuddered at the thought of guns and politics. She preferred sports and singing.

"I love it. Its so different from what I'm used to. I don't like the lack of freedom though." Lachlan shook her head fondly. "Back in New York, my cousins and I would get into so much trouble. Alyxander, his friends, Leighton and I would pull so many pranks. This one time, we were at Alyx's school and we used magic to prank his principal. Its was great. Leighton always made sure we didn't get caught. Since she is a sneaky Slytherin and all. We did so many awful things." Lachlan laughed at the memories.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Beauchamp
Second Year
Jacob Beauchamp

PostSubject: Re: Walking and Reading (not very smart)   Walking and Reading (not very smart) EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 11:39 pm

"Oh." Jacob nodded. He didn't get that- Europe was superior to America. Oh well.

"You were allowed to do magic? My school, we had really, really strict rules and uniforms. Like, you had to get straight As or you get expelled. And we didn't learn magic." Jacob said, smiling widely. This girl was nice- he could see them being good friends in the future. He had yet to meet any other Slytherins- he had heard really bad things about most of them.
Back to top Go down
Lachlan Normandy
Second Year
Lachlan Normandy

PostSubject: Re: Walking and Reading (not very smart)   Walking and Reading (not very smart) EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 11:45 pm

Lachlan laughed at Jacob's question. "It was a Muggle school! Alyxander was home schooled magic. We pulled the pranks on the Muggles. Leighton just plotted it so it looked like a Muggle could've done it." Lachlan leaned her head against the wall to look at the sky. "We were lucky we were never caught. We were treading on very thin ice." Lachlan glanced over at Jacob with a dangerous grin. "But, what's life without a few risks?" She questioned, nudging him with her shoulder.

"What about you, Jake?" Lachlan hoped he wouldn't mind her calling him Jake. "Did you and Pierre get into a lot of trouble together?" Lachlan felt bad about talking about herself so much. She liked Jacob, he seemed like someone she could be friends with.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Beauchamp
Second Year
Jacob Beauchamp

PostSubject: Re: Walking and Reading (not very smart)   Walking and Reading (not very smart) EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 11:55 pm

Jacob smiled. "A safe life." he joked. "Wow. The Ministry could put you in Azkaban if they find out."

Jacob shrugged. "We weren't allowed. His father was really, really strict, and our mothers were always working. We usually just played games around the Kompanies. But one time, he got his Glock and we played bank robbery in the lobby of my apartment building. We were grounded for months...well Pierre was. I was just four then."

Back to top Go down
Lachlan Normandy
Second Year
Lachlan Normandy

PostSubject: Re: Walking and Reading (not very smart)   Walking and Reading (not very smart) EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 12:01 am

Lachlan laughed. "I can't help being a little bit of a dare-devil." Lachlan put up her hands as if to ask What did I do?. "I would prefer Azkaban than my mother's wrath." Lachlan shuddered. "Or worse, my Auntie Alastair's wrath. I would've been deader than dead." Lachlan said witha smile.

Lachlan's eyes widened when he said that. "You planned a bank robbery when you were four. I think you are my new best friend." she joked, a huge grin on her face. Jacob was someone she was going to be friends with whether he liked it or not. He was too awesome not to be friends with.

Back to top Go down
Jacob Beauchamp
Second Year
Jacob Beauchamp

PostSubject: Re: Walking and Reading (not very smart)   Walking and Reading (not very smart) EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 12:09 am

Jacob smiled at Lachlan. "I prefer being sane, thank you very much." Why risk your life needlessly? Life wass already decent enough.

"Well, Pierre did most of the work..." Jacob shrugged modestly. "I just followed him around." That was true- Jacob understood very little back then.

He blushed at her last comment. "You're now my second best friend- second only to Koko."

Last edited by Jacob Beauchamp on Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lachlan Normandy
Second Year
Lachlan Normandy

PostSubject: Re: Walking and Reading (not very smart)   Walking and Reading (not very smart) EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 12:14 am

Lachlan raised her eyebrows at Jake. "But being sane is no fun. Insane people know how to live life." Lachlan jumped out in front of Jacob and spread her arms wide, smiling brightly. "Like me!" she sang, before going back to stand next to Jacob.

"Leighton did most of the work as well. I was the baby of our group, so I wasn't aloud to do anything. I had to be the diversion. Most the time I would fake cry or act like someone was trying to attack me." Lachlan shook her head. "Now that I think about it, I am such a terrible child." Lachlan was smiling when she said that though.

Lachlan blushed slightly too. "My first best friend has to be Leighton of course. She would probably hex me if I didn't say that." Lachlan gave Jacob a smirk worthy of a Slytherin. "So, I guess you are second to her. Congrats." Lachlan said sweetly, petting Lion on the top of his head.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Beauchamp
Second Year
Jacob Beauchamp

PostSubject: Re: Walking and Reading (not very smart)   Walking and Reading (not very smart) EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 12:20 am

Jacob shrugged. "I don't care how I live life- after all, we all end up dead." Sure, he had a rather depressing outlook on life, but it was true.

"I was the accomplice so I just watched our bikes." Jacob nodded. Now that he thought about it, he hadn't ridden his bike in a while...

Oh well. Music came first.

"What do you like to do?" Jacob asked curiously.
Back to top Go down
Lachlan Normandy
Second Year
Lachlan Normandy

PostSubject: Re: Walking and Reading (not very smart)   Walking and Reading (not very smart) EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 12:27 am

Lachlan couldn't help but laugh at Jacob's statement. "Well aren't you a ray of sunshine." she teased. Lachlan understood where Jacob was coming from though. That's why Lachlan was like she was. She planned on living her life to the fullest. It was her goal in life.

"That was my job at one point too. It was fairly boring. I hated that job, but then Alyxander's friend Shawn's little brother took over that job." Lachlan felt like she could have a real conversation with Jacob. He was fun to talk to.

Lachlan sighed happily at the question. "Well, I'm a singer. A dancer mostly, since I never let people hear me sing. Music is my number on thing though. I wish I wasn't so shy, I would love to be a singer. I think my voice is fairly decent." Lachlan didn't want to begin bragging, but she loved singing with all her heart. It was the only way she could express herself.

"Those who danced were thought quite insane by those who could not hear the music." she sang softly, not believing that she had actually sung in front of him. To her ears, her singing sounded pretty and soft. She just hoped that Jacob liked her singing. Lachlan was mostly just still in shock that she had sang in front of this Slytherin.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Beauchamp
Second Year
Jacob Beauchamp

PostSubject: Re: Walking and Reading (not very smart)   Walking and Reading (not very smart) EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 12:37 am

Jacob shrugged a shoulder, indifferent. He nothing much to live for- he was just there.

"Lucky. Both of us were only children back then- no one to take my place." Jacob said, smiling. Lachlan was excellent conversation.

"You're a really good singer. I prefer piano to singing though. What kind of music do you lsiten to?" Jacob asked. He rarely meets people who liked music as much as he did.
Back to top Go down
Lachlan Normandy
Second Year
Lachlan Normandy

PostSubject: Re: Walking and Reading (not very smart)   Walking and Reading (not very smart) EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 12:40 am

Lachlan blushed deeply when Jacob complimented her. "Thanks, I'm glad you like it. You are one of the first people I've sang in front of on my own accord." Lachlan stated honestly. She was still surprised with herself.

Lachlan shrugged slightly. "I listen to all kinds of music. I prefer listening to piano songs, go figure. Sometimes singing can ruin a good song. Plus, when you listen to just pianos playing, you can add your own words. At least, that's what I do." Lachlan was excited to find that Jacob liked music as much as she did. It was relieving in a way.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Beauchamp
Second Year
Jacob Beauchamp

PostSubject: Re: Walking and Reading (not very smart)   Walking and Reading (not very smart) EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:24 pm

Jacob nodded in agreement. "I don't like singing, but piano and some Muggle music I like." he said, sitting on the ground, leading Beka into his lap. the small Terrier circled around three times before finally lying down in his lap.

"So what do your parents do?" Jacob asked curiously. He had yet to discover what kind of lifestyle Lachlan led- rich, middle class, poor (please be wrong), and random stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
Lachlan Normandy
Second Year
Lachlan Normandy

PostSubject: Re: Walking and Reading (not very smart)   Walking and Reading (not very smart) EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:31 pm

Lachlan sat down next to Jacob. Like his dog had done, Lion climbed into her lap, which made her giggle. Lion wasn't as small as the terrier. "Some of the Muggle music though," Lachlan made a face. "I believe its called rap. Why its called that, I have no clue." Lachlan rolled her eyes, but smiled.

"My father is a Quidditch coach. My mother is a part-time Healer at St. Mungos." Lachlan explained. Then, she felt herself get carried away. "My parents are rich. Not extremely wealthy, Leighton's family are the wealthy Purebloods. My father comes from a wealthy family. Raised Dragons I believe." Lachlan shrugged her shoulders to say that she wasn't sure. "My mother is a Muggleborn. She comes from a wealthy Muggle family though. So, I guess in both worlds I'm set." Lachlan then blushed when she realized how much she talked. It was difficult not to talk a lot around Jake.

"What about you?" she wondered, wanting to her more about Jacob.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Beauchamp
Second Year
Jacob Beauchamp

PostSubject: Re: Walking and Reading (not very smart)   Walking and Reading (not very smart) EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:43 pm

Jacob nodded. "I think the things I like is called alternative. I don't know why." he shrugged. Laughing slightly as Lachlan's much larger dog climbed in her lap, he scratched Beka's ears.

"Wow." Jake said in awe. "I guess I'm kind of rich, since my mother has money from her family. But my mother works at the Kompanies, so we get a lot of money since she's the head of research and Development. I don't know about my dad though- my mother says I don't have a dad, for some reason." The short Slytherin shrugged. "I don't care though- my mother is good enough company."

Frowning, he blinked as he realized something. "So...you're a halfblood?" he questioned, unsure whether or not his mother will allow the friendship.
Back to top Go down
Lachlan Normandy
Second Year
Lachlan Normandy

PostSubject: Re: Walking and Reading (not very smart)   Walking and Reading (not very smart) EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:50 pm

Lachlan smiled at Jacob. "I love alternative music!" Lachlan was once again amazed by how much she had in common with the boy. It was nice to meet someone so different, yet so much the same as Lachlan herself. It was a nice feeling, to know that there was someone at Hogwarts that enjoyed the same things as Lachlan.

Lachlan felt empathy for the boy. She didn't know what it was like to not have a dad, but Jacob didn't seem like he needed one. Lachlan would lose it if she lost her dad, but Jacob never really had a dad to miss. "At least you aren't hurting from not having a dad." Lachlan knew that most people would say sorry. But, maybe Jacob didn't want the pity anymore.

Seeing Jake's face fall, Lachlan scowled. Maybe this boy was like all the other Slytherins. Prejudice. "Yes, I am." Lachlan said in a hard voice. "Are you mad that I am? Worried that I might soil your pure blood with my genes?" Lachlan didn't want to be rude, but the fact that Jacob was frowning at Lachlan blood status was ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Beauchamp
Second Year
Jacob Beauchamp

PostSubject: Re: Walking and Reading (not very smart)   Walking and Reading (not very smart) EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:10 pm

"It's weird how much we have in common." Jacob noted.

Raising an eyebrow at Lachlan's sudden attitude change, Jacob glared at her mildly. "No. My mother is really, really strict about who I associate with. She tolerates halfbloods, raised me that way. It's just Mud-Muggleborns I'm not allowed to talk to." he scowled, leaning against the wall.
Back to top Go down
Lachlan Normandy
Second Year
Lachlan Normandy

PostSubject: Re: Walking and Reading (not very smart)   Walking and Reading (not very smart) EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:23 pm

Lachlan raised an eyebrow at Jacob. Apparently his calm attitude left. He was now glaring at her. Lachlan didn't mind though, she knew how Slytherins were like. They were all the same it seemed like. But, Lachlan loved to be proved wrong.

"Well, I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions." Lachlan said honestly. "I just know that most Pureblood families don't like Muggleborns. I am protective of my family though. I apologize." Lachlan didn't want to fight with Jacob. He seemed like someone she could be friends with. Lachlan didn't want to fight with anyone who was her friend. Especially considering he was her second best friend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walking and Reading (not very smart)   Walking and Reading (not very smart) Empty

Back to top Go down

Walking and Reading (not very smart)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next