Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

A True Snake

Go down 
AuthorMessage

A True Snake Empty
PostSubject: A True Snake   A True Snake EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 2:28 pm

Scorpius could be found resting on one of the velvety green armchairs in the Slytherin Common Rooms, pouring over his potions book. He was mostly reading the information on the three categories, Heal, Poison, and Bewitch. His lip curled into a smirk when he saw the last word. Poisons could be useful and fun, but why kill someone if you could make them spill their innermost secrets, then force them to fall in love with a person for your amusement? He hadn't met anyone else at the school yet. Well, there was Alyssa and Sami, but they were another matter completely... He wondered idly who the other Slytherins were, and how many of them were true, pranking, cunning and sly snakes; While who were the others who were, in his opinion, merely lucky Hufflepuffs who got miraculously mis-sorted. He would say they tricked the Sorting Hat, but that would be recognizing that they had some level of intelligence. One of the many things Hufflepuffs didn't have, so he sat waiting for who would chance by. Simultaneously devising a test to see who would be the allies among the snakes and who would be the true snakes.

Last edited by Scorpius Malfoy on Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Thomas Celare
Fourth Year
Thomas Celare

A True Snake Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Snake   A True Snake EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 3:02 pm

Thomas grinned as he entered the Commons, Lessons had been going well so far, and he had met some amazing people as it was. he hummed softly to himself as he looked around, noticing a blonde haired boy he had yet to meet, he walked over cheerfully, humming a tune as he went, and sat down on a couch nearby. "Hello, who would you be?" He asked. "Thomas Celare here by the way." He added, he always forgot to tell people his own name, which wasn't always the best thing to do. "Potions?" He asked when seeing the Textbook the boy was reading. "Good subject there, you taking it this year?" He asked, before realising it was a stupid question, but he kept silent, better to let it possibly slip by than draw attention to it.
Back to top Go down

A True Snake Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Snake   A True Snake EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 3:36 pm

Scorpius rolled his eyes at the person who approached him, cheerful but overly so. A fake then it seems His mind said to him. He agreed with it, the boy in front of him didn't seem to possess any Slytherin qualities, which was a slight shame, he was hoping the first person he met would be a good Snake, but apparently not. He listened to the boy ramble on, before asking if he was taking the subject. He rolled his eyes. No, I just decided to by the book for fun. Was the retort his mind began, but he smothered it, sarcasm would likely be lost on him. He noticed the boy didn't make any mention of the question in an attempt to amend the thought that went through his head afterwards. Yet it was plain to see in his eyes that he realised he said something without thinking, meaning the boy had some intelligence after all. "Yes. I am taking Potions in fact. What Subjects would you be taking? Scorpius Malfoy is the name by the way." He said, throwing the name in as if it was something to be little thought of.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Celare
Fourth Year
Thomas Celare

A True Snake Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Snake   A True Snake EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 3:35 pm

Malfoy. Thomas had heard and gulped. This could turn out rather nasty really, though then again, he had heard the Malfoy family wasn't so bad, compared to how they were in the Second Wizarding War. "Thomas Celare would be my name." He mumbled, before trying to remember all his subjects. "Well... I'm taking Transfiguration, Care of Magical Creatures, Ancient Runes and Potions myself." He said, ticking them all off one by one. "Oh, I've signed up for the Duelling Club as well, it might give me some help learning new spells." He said, which was true. He had noticed Scorpius rolling his eyes, but chose not to comment on it. No use to anyway. "What subjects would you be taking Scorpius?" He asked, trying to think of ways to keep the conversation going. At the same time, he wondered what Scorpius' opinion on him was... He hoped it was nothing too negative, this wasn;t unusual for Thomas to wonder and worry about what others thought though, so he was used to his mind going through it all.
Back to top Go down

A True Snake Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Snake   A True Snake EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 4:56 pm

Scorpius noticed the boys gulp and couldn't stop the smirk that danced across his face momentarily, before it slid off his face unceremoniously. Mainly out of shock, perhaps his first opinion wasn't quite on the mark. This Boy seemed to show a few more Slytherin qualities than expected, he definitely seemed to know how to handle diplomacy at least. He also watched the boys eyes, and felt like he could practically see the mind patterns... Quick, but rather in depth. Scorpius found that rather interesting, the boy seemed to also be a quick and agile thinker. "Myself? I'm taking Ancient Runes, Transfiguration, Charms, History of Magic and Potions, of course." He said, finishing on what was his favourite subject (obviously.) "How well do you think you fit into Slytherin then?" He asked. He almost had a test devised for this boy, but he would need a little more information to be sure.
Back to top Go down

A True Snake Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Snake   A True Snake EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 4:33 pm

Lyss walked in and sat next to the two boys.

"Thomas, cousin." Lyss greeted. "Oi, Thomas. My friend and I were playing Truth or Dare, so yes. Here goes nothing."

Lyss got down on her knee.

"Oh Thomas, I am 'in love' with you." Lyss kissed Tommy on the side of the cheek. "Glad I got that over with. So, what are we talking about?"
Back to top Go down
Thomas Celare
Fourth Year
Thomas Celare

A True Snake Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Snake   A True Snake EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 4:38 pm

Thomas waved to Alyssa when she walked in, he knew they had met somewhere, but couldn't quite remember where, the empty classroom perhaps? There were a lot of people there that day... Then again, they had talked in the Commons before... "Truth or Dare.. Oh damn..." he said, remembering a dare of his own. he didn't know why, but he felt rather nonchalent about it, not that big a dare really. "Oh Alyssa, I love you too!" he said mockingly. "Let us run away into the sunset." He declared, laughing. "Well.. Since you mentioned Truth or Dare..." He said, before leaning into Scorpius and kissing him lightly on the lips. "That's my dare done." He said cheerfully, half thankful for it...

"Me and Scorpius here just met really, and so far just introduced ourselves and he asked how I felt in Slytherin. Which the answer to is I love it, but I don't really know how I got into Slytherin... Unless I have some sort of thing I myself don't know of." He said grinning.
Back to top Go down

A True Snake Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Snake   A True Snake EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 7:06 pm

"Ah," Lyss replied, smirking, "I believe the time has come for my dear cousin and I to teach you how to be a Slytherin. Then you shall belong."

Lyss offered this with the slightest aura of a crazy seer, but her offer itself was serious. She had grown up with a family of Slytherins, and here was a person who had no idea how to be one. Time to put my skills to the test, thought Lyss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A True Snake Empty
PostSubject: Re: A True Snake   A True Snake Empty

Back to top Go down

A True Snake
Page 1 of 1