Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Sleep is good

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

Sleep is good Empty
PostSubject: Sleep is good   Sleep is good EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 4:26 am

Natalie was so exhausted after classes that she just collapsed down onto a couch in the common room and made herself comfortable. The couch was so soft, so inviting.

She felt something near her ear as she leaned it against the armrest. She smacked it away. "Stupid Krumlocks," she grumbled. Bloody things were always trying to climb into her head by way of her ears. They were particularly fond of feeding on people's thoughts.

With the Krumlock gone, Natalie was able to let her eyes flutter shut and her breathing grew slower and steadier as she drifted to sleep. She was beginning to dream of a group of Bowtruckles worshiping their Unicorn God when a sudden noise roused her from her sleep. "What? What's happening? What's going on?" she mumbled somewhat coherently as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sydney Manette
Second Year
Sydney Manette

Sleep is good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleep is good   Sleep is good EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 2:30 pm

Sydney Manette was currently flinging his book up to the air and catching it right before it could fall to the floor. If he was being honest, he would say that he was actually quite amused with his little game.
Entering the Hufflepuff common room completely unaware of anything or anyone near the vicinity, Sydney continued on with his game. That is, he had been playing the game until a series of events happened that resulted in a deafening crash. Because of this game, he wasn't paying attention to the coffee table he was so prone to running into.
Call it bad timing(or just the right timing), for he had been looking up right as he stepped into the table. Then, when he had grumbled in irritation down at the table that had offended him, the book was back on it's way downwards.
He felt the sting on his head before he entirely realized what had happened.
"Ah! Bloody-"
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

Sleep is good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleep is good   Sleep is good EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 7:41 am

The source of the ruckus that had woken her up appeared to be a boy who had fallen over a coffee table. Natalie sat up just in time to see a book testing the laws of physics. She reached out to try to catch it, but she wasn't fast enough and it smacked him on the head.

She cringed as it made contact. "Looks like the gravity is working," she said. "Are you alright?"
Back to top Go down
Sydney Manette
Second Year
Sydney Manette

Sleep is good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleep is good   Sleep is good EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 12:13 pm

Sydney groaned in response, then jumped in surprise at the fact that there was someone else with him. He had absolutely no idea she had even been there. "I-I think I'm fine.. I mean, I should be..."
Sitting up to appear as composed as was possible, considering his present condition, he carefully felt around for any wounds he may have acquired.
He came to this diagnosis: Legs were both fine except for bruise where left leg made contact with coffee table, his torso was untouched, and his hands only slightly scratched from breaking his fall on the hard, concrete ground. The only part he felt to have any type of substantial damage was his poor, bruised head. If anything, Sydney had severely underestimated the strength those books could posses when being thrown up several feet.
Testing the sore area on his crown with is index finger, Sydney grinned impishly at the girl sitting on one of the couches. He noted dully that he had woken her up from a (probably) much needed nap. Sydney couldn't help feeling a most peculiar sense of Deja-Vu most likely brought in by the fact he had indeed been in a similar situation.
Glancing down at himself and the book behind him, he started, "This coffee table is a safety hazard,huh?" Smiling at the girl he said, "I'm Sydney..."
Suddenly noticing how absurd he must look still sitting on the ground like an idiot, he stood up slowly and deliberately;testing himself. Leaving his book, at which he as still much offended by, he went to sit on the chair directly in front of her. "Mind if I join you?"
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

Sleep is good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleep is good   Sleep is good EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 3:15 am

"I'm Natalie," she replied. It felt strange to be talking to someone from her own house for once, since the majority of people that she knew were in other houses.

She shook her head when he asked if she minded him joining her. "Not at all, although I don't think sitting in that chair would be a good idea," she warned; she'd seen a Branklyharp sitting there earlier. She shivered at the thought of what might happen if Sydney actually sat there.

He had already said he was fine, but she had to be certain. "Are you sure you're alright?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sleep is good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleep is good   Sleep is good Empty

Back to top Go down

Sleep is good
Page 1 of 1