Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

This isn't a good way to avoid detention...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Liz McCutney
Third Year
Liz McCutney

This isn't a good way to avoid detention... Empty
PostSubject: This isn't a good way to avoid detention...   This isn't a good way to avoid detention... EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Liz wasn't normally very rebellious. She didn't enjoy breaking the rules, she didn't like going against authority, and she couldn't even begin to imagine detention. Somehow, though, this corridor was calling to her; why was it forbidden? Was something hidden? Had a murder taken place? So many questions that couldn't be answered unless she went in. Unfortunately, she wasn't sure if she could do that. So she was standing just outside of it, breathing deeply and steeling her nerves to enter.

Her blood froze when she heard footsteps. A teacher, she thought frantically. I'm going to get detention, I'm going to get detention, oh my gosh HELP. She looked around frantically before, finding no cover, pressing against the wall and trying to make her already-tiny form smaller.
Back to top Go down
Danielle Valencia
First Year
Danielle Valencia

PostSubject: Re: This isn't a good way to avoid detention...   This isn't a good way to avoid detention... EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 8:59 pm

"No, Louie! Don't! I don't think we're supposed to be down here!" hissed Danni frantically, looking all around the dark corridor nervously. She had a feeling she wasn't supposed to be here, but, being only a first year, she didn't know exactly. Even so, she had somewhat of a bad feeling about this place. Louie had taken off down the hallway though, his tiny white form disappearing into the darkness. She had been forced to run after him. She paused when she thought she heard something, but just as quickly, she had started running again.

Louie had finally stopped, but he was pawing at the ground in the direction of the wall. He sat down, his tail wagging and all even as he sat. Danni finally caught up and immediately dropped to her knees, scooping up Louie into her arms. "What's got into you, you naughty thing!?" she asked sternly. He gave another whimper, lifting his nose towards the walls, and she looked in that direction. She saw a dark form against the wall, and she immediately stood up. Faster than what most would think possible, she had whipped out her wand and aimed it directly at the figure, having repositioned Louie into her left arm, cradling him so as not to drop him. "Who the heck are you!?" she demanded in a fierce whisper, not wanting to attract attention from any teachers who may be outside the corridor, in the other hallways.

[Click Here if you want to see a picture of Louie ^^]
Back to top Go down
Liz McCutney
Third Year
Liz McCutney

PostSubject: Re: This isn't a good way to avoid detention...   This isn't a good way to avoid detention... EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 5:12 pm

Liz relaxed when she saw that it was just a fellow student and her dog (did everyone here have a pet?), but immediately tensed again when she found a wand pointed at her face. She found herself scowling when she realized that the girl--probably a first year--was taller than her. Yeesh. "What is that going to accomplish?" she hissed, pushing the wood away from it's precarious location next to her eye. "It's not like we've been taught any offensive spells yet, anyway. And if you hex me and a teacher finds me here, it's not like you wouldn't get in trouble for pointless attack."

She stepped away from her position against the wall so that, if it did turn into a duel eventually (who knew?), she wouldn't have another weakness the girl could exploit. She sighed and stuck out her hand to shake. "Liz McCutney, second year Ravenclaw," she greeted, a tone of apology obvious. "Sorry about that, but I'd prefer not to have to dance to my class--that'd raise some weird questions." She attempted a grin.
Back to top Go down
Danielle Valencia
First Year
Danielle Valencia

PostSubject: Re: This isn't a good way to avoid detention...   This isn't a good way to avoid detention... EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 6:29 pm

[Just for the record, Danni is not taller than Liz]

Danni visibly relaxed as her eyes adjusted and realized it was just another person. The slightly older looking girl pushed away Danni's wand and Danni smirked at her retaliating comment. So it was true she had yet to learn any offensive spells, but it had given her some sense of protection against any real threats. Danni didn't need to worry any longer though, seeing as the girl didn't seem to be any such threat. Danni was slightly amused though. She let Louie down and slipped her wand behind her ear before she returned the handshake.

"Danielle Valencia, first year Slytherin. Call me Danni," she introduced, taking the girl's hand firmly but not harshly. Once they had released, Danni glanced down to see Louie sitting by her side obediently, but looking up at Liz with intense curiosity. "This is Louie," she added, her gaze returning to the girl. "Sorry about that, I hadn't been expecting anyone to be down here. You just surprised me," she explained, a slightly apologetic look to her face. "So, what are you doing here, Miss McCutney," she inquired lightly, glancing around for a moment to see if anyone else was around.
Back to top Go down
Liz McCutney
Third Year
Liz McCutney

PostSubject: Re: This isn't a good way to avoid detention...   This isn't a good way to avoid detention... EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 6:20 pm

Whatever you say...

Liz scowled as the girl relaxed and, strangely, looked amused. She knew that she was not an intimidating person--probably the opposite--but it still irritated her to no end that this girl, a year younger than her, considered herself superior. Instead of scowling or trying to make herself scarier, however, she simply met the girl's gaze evenly and coldly.

Her face broke into a genuine grin when she saw the dog. "He's adorable," she agreed, bending down slightly and holding out a hand to the animal. "I love animals." She shrugged at the girl's apology. "Not a problem, but if you weren't expecting another student, then who did you think I was? A ghost?" She laughed a little at being called Ms. "The word 'Forbidden' tends to draw all sorts of people," she said airily. "And you?"
Back to top Go down
Danielle Valencia
First Year
Danielle Valencia

PostSubject: Re: This isn't a good way to avoid detention...   This isn't a good way to avoid detention... EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 9:05 pm

Danni was pleased that Liz loved animals, meaning that she didn't feel bad about how Louie was now happily wagging his tail as he sniffed Liz's offered hand with his dark, wet nose. With those who couldn't stand animals, Danni often had to be careful with Louie's playful nature. Sometimes it was a bad image for people who already didn't like animals.

Liz started to scoff at her, talking about implying that Danni was silly to think it would be anything but a student. At her askance if Danni had been expecting a ghost. "No!" Danni said a little defensively. A ghost? Really? As if. She rolled her eyes slightly, but in a playful manor rather than a hostile one. Danni thought her reasoning for being there didn't make much sense, but she didn't care really. "I'm down here because of this goofball," she said with a roll of her eyes, her eyes looking down at Louie. "He ran off down here, I think he was chasing something, but then I think he found you. It's good you distracted him before he ran off further down the hall," she said, glancing around them. It was still pretty dark where they were, and Danni had yet to learn the Lumos spell. "Think we should get outta here?" she asked Liz.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This isn't a good way to avoid detention...   This isn't a good way to avoid detention... Empty

Back to top Go down

This isn't a good way to avoid detention...
Page 1 of 1