Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

The LOST Survivor

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Liz McCutney
Third Year
Liz McCutney

The LOST Survivor Empty
PostSubject: The LOST Survivor   The LOST Survivor EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 1:51 pm

Just the day after arriving at Hogwarts, Liz was already lost. Normally, she wouldn't be--she was a second year, after all--but she didn't spend all that much time exploring in her first year, so the halls were still quite a mystery to her. And it was with complete confusion, since she'd started out way up on the seventh floor, that she found herself in a room with house elves waving clothes through water with their hands--the laundry room, maybe? She froze as the door closed behind her. I'm being kidnapped! she panicked. Someone call the wizard cops!

Her nervousness was transformed into relief, however, when she heard footsteps--someone had simply come in behind her, closing the door. Too much muggle TV for you, she scolded before turning and smiling at the newest person in the room. "Hello," she said pleasantly, hoping it wasn't someone she disliked or would dislike. "How are you?"
Back to top Go down
Serenity McAdams
Second Year
Serenity McAdams

The LOST Survivor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The LOST Survivor   The LOST Survivor EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 12:14 am

I wasn't particularly sure where I was going, but then again.. I never had a destination in mind when I wandered around the castle. I thought there would be so much more to do then there actually was.. and it was sort of an upsetting thought. The fact that I had to wander aimlessly until I found some sort of entertainment irritated me to no end, but I tried my best not to complain about it. Yet, I hadn't really met anyone of interest either.. and that irritated me even further. What in Merlin was this school good for then, anyway?

With a roll of my hazel eyes, I pushed open a door at random, although I blinked at what I saw. House elves washing clothes? Yeah.... definitely not where I wanted to be. I was just about to turn and stride out when I noticed another girl standing there. Not that I cared, and I was still ready to leave.. until she was turning to me with a smile on her face. Oh crap. Another cheerful person. My mind muttered. "Uh.. hi." I finally said after a moment.

"Oh, just terrific. Boredom is such a lovely feeling." I said with slight sarcasm. This girl was going to regret having me stay, and so I exhaled a bit. "You?" Least I could do was attempt in being a little nice. I needed some entertainment anyhow, and maybe this girl wouldn't be a blubbering idiot like the last couple I'd met so far. I wasn't holding out any hope though.
Back to top Go down
Liz McCutney
Third Year
Liz McCutney

The LOST Survivor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The LOST Survivor   The LOST Survivor EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 1:08 pm

Her eyebrows rose and the smile was wiped off. Yes, Kyra had told her to smile more, but when you met an eleven year old who seems to think they're better than you, it's a good time to hide your amusement. "Wonderful," she mused with an eyebrow cocked. "Sarcasm is far better than boredom, of course--not like it's offensive or anything." Yes, she was completely aware that she was being sarcastic and that made her a filthy hypocrite, but she doubted this girl would care; she seemed more interested in being bored than actually talking to her.

"Depends," she replied. "If you're asking about my emotions, I'd say pretty well, and if you're asking about how I actually am, then I'm doing horribly." She probably sounded stupid from that, and tried to fix her mistake immediately. "You see, I started up on the seventh floor, am in the laundry room, and have no clue how I got here. So I'm feeling good, having gotten a bit of excercise, and I'm also doing horribly because I have no clue how to get back to my common room." Was she rambling? Maybe. She couldn't tell.
Back to top Go down
Serenity McAdams
Second Year
Serenity McAdams

The LOST Survivor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The LOST Survivor   The LOST Survivor EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 10:26 pm

I noticed that almost immediately, the smile was wiped off the older girl's face. That by itself was enough to make me want to grin in amusement, but I managed to fight it off, keeping a slightly innocent look on my face. I knew I had to at least attempt in being friendly, considering I couldn't keep going around making enemies. While I was generally fine with that, it was getting boring without just one person to talk to.. true, I had Hester, and possibly even Aurora, but it wouldn't hurt to have a few others.. right? Maybe. I hadn't yet decided.

I stifled a laugh at the girl's comment, my own brow raising as my eyes met hers unnervingly. I had to hand it to her, that wasn't the type of attitude switch I'd been expecting. But I found that I actually rather liked it, and maybe, just maybe.. this girl wouldn't be half bad. If I didn't already have her disliking me, that was. I chuckled at the thought. I decided not to comment on her previous words, mostly because I knew I wouldn't end up saying anything nice. And that, was not a good start if I planned on sticking around.

Upon hearing her dilemma, my expression becoming a bit blank as she continued to ramble on. When she finally finished I didn't say anything for a few moments. I wasn't fantastic when it came to directions, but I'd wandered around the castle enough in my boredom to maybe be able to help her. "What house are you in?"
Back to top Go down
Liz McCutney
Third Year
Liz McCutney

The LOST Survivor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The LOST Survivor   The LOST Survivor EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 6:32 pm

Liz sighed as the first year attempted to look unnerving, which would probably work with some people. She, however, had had experience. "You're a Slytherin, aren't you?" she asked evenly. She met the girl's gaze evenly. "I met another first year Snake the other day...if you aren't bored of me yet, then there's probably hope for you. No offense," she added, just in case. She hadn't meant to sound stereotypical, but all Slytherin's she met seemed to act predictably.

Her eyebrows rose as the girl laughed. Maybe there was hope for this girl; she didn't seem nearly as bad as some others she met. "Oh, by the way, I'm Liz," she commented off-handedly, noting that they had started a rather interesting conversation without even knowing each other's names. That was different.

She sighed, running a hand through her hair distractedly. "Ravenclaw, which makes me feel a bit stupid," she admitted, a sly, half-joking grin on her face. She felt like, since she was in the 'genius' house, she should be smart enough to know how she got from one place to another.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The LOST Survivor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The LOST Survivor   The LOST Survivor Empty

Back to top Go down

The LOST Survivor
Page 1 of 1