Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

I Appear to Have Lost My Slinky

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cassopeia Marling
Second Year
Cassopeia Marling

I Appear to Have Lost My Slinky Empty
PostSubject: I Appear to Have Lost My Slinky   I Appear to Have Lost My Slinky EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 2:01 pm

Cass feels very sheepish as she cuts through a bunch of older year students in their pack. Honestly, what is everyone's problem? It's like they hate the idea of walking on their own. Cass hopes that that ailment isn't something that comes with age. The fear of being lonely. It's easy walking on your own, you just have to put one foot in front of the other, she decides.

Wherever the infernal thing is, Bradley can't do anything about it. Cass has vowed that until she gets Bradley all nice and sorted, he will stay in her back, ribbit, moan and croak and eat cluster upon cluster of Lacewing flies. It had been a tad stupid to take him near the Whomping Willow for what ever misdirected purpose there was. Oh well. Duty had called.

She stops by the large clock with the pendulum on the wall and watches it for a minute or two. Time goes by so simply and slowly that she has to smile. She's never noticed that before. If you look at the time for a while it changes. Cass usually went by the idea that if you looked at a clock it'd go so slowly that it'd just stop for you. Or maybe she's just not ever thought about it enough.

When it goes to the top of the clock again (the faster hand) it reminds her why she's in the foyer or what ever it is, and spurs her to spin around and look. She sees a flash of silver on the floor in the corner of her eyes and darts towards it. It had been a very stupid idea getting a magic slinky when muggle ones did just as good.
Something was on top of it, though. Getting to her knees, she heaves the thing on top of it out of the way, marvelling at how heavy it is, or resolute to stay in place. The slinky curls in, reeling in being squashed.
"Oof!" Cass finally gets the heavy thing off the slinky and it jumps gracefully into her hand, all the rest of the slinky following it and making a satisfying clunk when it all gathers in her hand and eventually jumps into her open bag.

She stands up, sighing in relief, only to see what was standing on a slinky.
A leg.
A person.
A girl.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Greengrass
Third Year
Aurora Greengrass

PostSubject: Re: I Appear to Have Lost My Slinky   I Appear to Have Lost My Slinky EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 2:28 pm

Aurora was walking through the courtyard feeling really bored. There was no one around she could start a public argument with or anything similar. It kind of sucked being alone without any entertainment. Just as she was about to go back into the school, she saw a girl by herself. A girl who appeared to be a first year. Regardless of the house, first years were toys for Aurora.

Instead of letting the girl get away, Aurora decided to follow her. It wasn't something she would normally do but she decided to make an exception today. The girl was rather peculiar. She looked at the slinky on the floor and decided to play a little game. Aurora stepped on the end making it almost impossible to get her off of it.

However, the girl came over and gave her leg a shove. With a soft sigh, Aurora back off of the slinky and allowed the girl in front of her to have it back. Moments later, the girl was looking at her and Aurora didn't say anything at first but she had a smug smirk on her face. "Poor little firstie." She taunted.
Back to top Go down
Cassopeia Marling
Second Year
Cassopeia Marling

PostSubject: Re: I Appear to Have Lost My Slinky   I Appear to Have Lost My Slinky EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 7:13 pm

Cass stows the slinky in her pocket and looks up at the source of the voice that has just spoken. The person in front of her.
Bravado takes over and manners are out. "You seem to have stepped on my slinky there, I was just getting it out of your way. Hope I didn't push on your leg too much."

She gets up off her knees and stands awkwardly with one foot in front of the other. It doesn't help with her balance, so she puts her hand into her pocket and touches the slinky therapeutically.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Appear to Have Lost My Slinky   I Appear to Have Lost My Slinky Empty

Back to top Go down

I Appear to Have Lost My Slinky
Page 1 of 1