Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Sending a Letter

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

Sending a Letter Empty
PostSubject: Sending a Letter   Sending a Letter EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 5:28 am

Landon had finally gotten the chance to write a letter to his sister. She was currently in Australia on vacation. He didn't know what interested her about Australia but she went there as often as she could. He wrote her a letter about all of his adventures with Natalie and everything he could think to write. Once he got to the post office, he found a mailbox for international letters and slid the envelope in. He didn't feel like leaving just yet, instead he decided he wanted to relax. There was a bench nearby and Landon decided to go take a seat and look around at everything. It was strange to think he was already a first year, not that he was complaining or anything.
Back to top Go down
Cassopeia Marling
Second Year
Cassopeia Marling

Sending a Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sending a Letter   Sending a Letter EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 9:01 am

Cass decides that the best thing to d obefore she leaves is to rub in Alex's face that not only is she going to Hogwarts, she's met Raven already! Take that, Alex. Oh, her brother was going to be so pissed, the mardy thing. She'd taken into consideration being a squib wasn't all-together that jolly this time of year (then again, it wasn't a jolly thing any time of year) but she supposed he'd suck it up and be a man. After all, he didn't get his letter two years ago when he turned eleven, why would it hurt him any more now?

The first year politely asks for paper, and bows when the man with horn rimmed glasses at the counter kindly obliges. Although she doesn't see anywhere she can lean on to use her lovely new quill on, so the wall will have to do. Next to her is a boy, so she raises her lips in a grin and concentrates on writing Alex's name in the best-worst handwriting she has.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

Sending a Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sending a Letter   Sending a Letter EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 9:05 am

Landon was sitting quietly when he noticed a blonde girl on the side of him writing a letter. He saw the name Alex and the rest was all messy handwriting. Weren't girls supposed to have neat handwriting or something. He assumed some girls were just exceptions. Smiling over at her, Landon decided maybe he should introduce himself. After all, they were probably going to be sitting next to each other for quite a while. "Hi, I'm Landon Montgomery." It wasn't much but it worked as an icebreaker pretty sufficiently.
Back to top Go down
Ethanael Fitz
First Year
Ethanael Fitz

Sending a Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sending a Letter   Sending a Letter EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 9:12 am

With hands in his pocket, the young Hufflepuff headed for the post office. He wasn't sure what he was going to write, or who the receiver was going to be, but it seemed like the place to go when wanting to share some thoughts. Suppose he could have done that at Hogwarts, but I am the handler, and I will decide. Anyway, back to where we were.

Pushing open the door - really, he wasn't sure why magic hadn't been used for that - Ethanael straddled towards the corner. Placing some parchment before himself, he acquired a quill from his pocket and began writing.
Back to top Go down
Cassopeia Marling
Second Year
Cassopeia Marling

Sending a Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sending a Letter   Sending a Letter EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 9:16 am

Cass' head stopped following the movement of her quill and she slowly turned around, her toes in the same position. Yeah. The boy must have been directing the hello at her, unless he was talking to the back of the postmaster, who was eating a bagel or something similar.

"Hello, Landon Montgomery," she says in a strangled voice. The boy looks definitely older. And the thing about older boys- or so Alex says- is that they don't say anything to you unless they want something.

"D- do you want a pen or something?" She says exasperatedly after much thought.
Another body comes into the post office and reminds her she'd better get writing.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

Sending a Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sending a Letter   Sending a Letter EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 9:36 am

Landon saw another boy come in and he waved to him. Since the boy wasn't really in his vicinity he couldn't say hi or anything like that. When the girl in front of him asked if he wanted her pen or something he shook his head. "No I'm just being friendly but if you want to give me something, I think your name will be satisfactory." He wondered why the girl had assumed he wanted something but knew better than to ask a question like that.
Back to top Go down
Ethanael Fitz
First Year
Ethanael Fitz

Sending a Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sending a Letter   Sending a Letter EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 9:47 am

He could hear the distinct voices of two people - one with a musculine voice and the other a little high-pitched. Raising his eyes, he noticed the boy wave at him, and seeing no harm, he strutted closer to them.

Smiling, the Hufflepuff heard the girl ask a question, and the boy answer. Shrugging, he waited like the gentleman he was, or perhaps continued placing more words on the parchment.
Back to top Go down
Cassopeia Marling
Second Year
Cassopeia Marling

Sending a Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sending a Letter   Sending a Letter EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 12:13 pm

"Oh. Right-o. Name's Cass," she says, smugly thinking that she could add this turn of events to her brother. Not all of them seemed to want to attack her with sticks. Maybe that was just Alex. She'll ask. "That all? You sure you don't need a pen?" Cass adds this just to check. Maybe he was quiet and shy and felt a little odd asking a stranger for a pen. She figures she'd be like that too, well, depending on the person.

She does a bright smile to the boy who approaches them and inks in the next part of her letter. Two paragraphs down.

Now look at that Mr. Know-it-All. A boy asked for my name and didn't even punch me or anything. Nor do I have any food on me. Well, visible. Well, that looks like food.
Cass pats her knapsack, greatful of it's contents: a brick sized sandwich. Beautiful. She isn't so sure on the filling though, that would have to be found out while actually on the train.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

Sending a Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sending a Letter   Sending a Letter EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 1:21 pm

"Hi Cass." Landon said with a smile. "And no, I don't need a pen, I already submitted my letter, it should be on its way to my sister as we speak." He said to her happily. It was obvious the girl was younger than him but he didn't care he could make friends with virtually anyone. The other boy was also visibly younger than he was and definitely much more quiet. Maybe the other boy was a mute. Landon didn't know but he was enjoying his company thus far.
Back to top Go down
Cassopeia Marling
Second Year
Cassopeia Marling

Sending a Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sending a Letter   Sending a Letter EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 3:47 pm

"Oh, I see how this is. You're keeping oncontact with your sister still then? I hope I stay like that with my brother. I suppose it all depends on if he replies, really. He is quite the mardy arse sometimes," she says honestly.

Cass doesn't know how else to progress with the letter. She decides the best thing to do is to just finish off this splatter of in ankd make it a smiley face. That'll do, it always does.

She does a smaller grin, and begins to fold the letter into an envelope.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

Sending a Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sending a Letter   Sending a Letter EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 8:17 am

Landon nodded. He decided maybe he should explain his relationship with his sister. "My sister, Lauren, she's about eight years older than me. My parents had her and decided they just wanted to spoil their daughter so they did so. Seven/Eight years later my mom found out she was pregnant. About nine months later I entered the world. Most siblings with a large age gap are really distant but not Lauren and I. She's like my best friend. We've been there for each other right from the start. Brothers are pains for a reason though, that's our job." Landon smiled at Cass and watched her finish her letter. He wondered if she included him in the letter but there was no way he was going to ask, that would be ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Cassopeia Marling
Second Year
Cassopeia Marling

Sending a Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sending a Letter   Sending a Letter EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 9:56 am

Cass knows that only too well and smiles knowingly at Montgomery. She likes that last name. She's going to call him that if she ever sees him again. Well, he is a Hogwartian. The first year likes that he isn't scared to admit he likes his sister; she hasn't noticed that before. Maybe it's just her brother that's like that.

Cass turns around a little so Landon and the other boy and yes, the postman too, can't see. Now it's all nice and folded she kisses the fold of the letter and turns it back around again. This is where she begins to write the address.

The girl looks up at the slowly ticking clock to check what time it is. Not long now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sending a Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sending a Letter   Sending a Letter Empty

Back to top Go down

Sending a Letter
Page 1 of 1