Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Lesson 1 HoM-First years, please

Go down 
+3
Lavender Parkinson
Hester Alderman
Sophia Nott
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sophia Nott
History Of Magic Professor
Sophia Nott

Lesson 1 HoM-First years, please Empty
PostSubject: Lesson 1 HoM-First years, please   Lesson 1 HoM-First years, please EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 10:47 am

Sophie came out of her cabinet into the classroom and a look of displeasure came onto her face as she looked around. She never was one for classrooms, even though she loved history and was a professor. She was quite weird that way. The redhead sat on her table and sighed. She missed summer when she could sleep in in the morning, go to Diagon Alley for icecream and didn't have to plan her lessons.
But she was an optimist, so she quickly reminded herself of the good side of summer ending. Witches and wizards, the feasts, ghosts and magical beasts...And of course, meeting the little first years.
Thinking of the devil, she heard footsteps outside the classroom and a grin came upon her face as she eagerly awaited.

(OOC:Post your arrival, the lesson will begin shortly)

Last edited by Sophia Nott on Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 HoM-First years, please   Lesson 1 HoM-First years, please EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 2:09 pm

Hester strolled into the History of Magic classroom. She picked a desk and dropped her bag underneath it, then she sat down and pulled out her book, parchment, quill and ink. She also checked her pocket to make sure her wand was within reach.

She looked around: none of the other students were here yet. She hoped silently that Lavender had taken this class; she couldn't remember if she had or not.

She hoped that Louis hadn't. She was a little embarrassed about the way she had acted in front of him, and hoped that he hadn't come away with any false impressions.

She wondered who would sit next to her, if any one.

And most of all, she wondered what interesting things they would be studying.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 HoM-First years, please   Lesson 1 HoM-First years, please EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 2:18 pm

Lavender strolled into the classroom, a grin forming on her face when she saw Hester already sitting at a table. She hurriedly made her way over and sat beside her.

"You don't mind if I sit here?" Lavender had to check. Putting a hand on Hester's knee and squeezing a little to reassure her the lesson would go swimmingly, whether they sat together or not.
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 HoM-First years, please   Lesson 1 HoM-First years, please EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 2:20 pm

Hester smiled when Lavender appeared beside her, pulling her out of her thoughts.

"Sure," she said, pulling the girl down onto the seat beside her. "I wonder what the lesson will be about."

She glanced around the classroom, but no one else had arrived yet. Hester hoped that they would arrive soon because she hated waiting for things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 HoM-First years, please   Lesson 1 HoM-First years, please EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 3:43 pm

Sami walked into the History of Magic classroom, excited for the new course year. She had loved this class in second and first year, and silently hoped Professor Nott wouldn't prove her wrong this year. She evaluated the students who had already come in: a Gryffindor (Alderman, to be exact) and a small Slytherin. She raised her eyebrow upon noticing them both together, then shook her head. It wasn't something she needed to worry about. She then spotted an open seat close to the middle of the classroom and sat down, pulling out her supplies.

With a grin on her face, she sat back and watched the other students come in. This year will be totally awesome.
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 HoM-First years, please   Lesson 1 HoM-First years, please EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 3:27 am

"Oh my god," said Hester, embarrassed. "I'm in the wrong classroom..." She looked at Lavender apologetically. "I'm sorry, I'm not supposed to be in here, this is first years only."

She collected her stuff into her bag and stood up.

"Sorry, Professor Nott," she said, blushing.

Then she saw that another third year was in here as well.

"Um, I think you're meant to be in the other class as well," she told her quietly.

((OOC: I'm really sorry, I was linked straight from my e-mail to this post and didn't read the description in the forum. I only found the other one by chance.))
Back to top Go down
Sophia Nott
Sophia Nott

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 HoM-First years, please   Lesson 1 HoM-First years, please EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 9:59 am

Sophie was reading a Muggle book while she waited for her students and so she only noticed there were two third years in the classroom when Hester apologized. She grinned and waved the apology away, everybody could make a mistake like that.
"It's allright, Miss Alderman, but I do suggest you two come to your lesson aswell." the former Sllytherin smiled and went to put a notice on the door so not more older years would wander in here.
Back to top Go down
Ainslee James
First Year
Ainslee James

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 HoM-First years, please   Lesson 1 HoM-First years, please EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 9:18 pm

Ainslee walked into her first class which was History of Magic. History back home had been her favorite subject. Ainslee loved the ability to go back in time while staying in the comfort of her own era. It was something that Ainslee believed was truly amazing.

Spotting Lavender sitting alone, she walked over to her and smiled. "Mind if I sit here?" she wondered, repositioning her book bag so it wasn't falling off her shoulder. Ainslee was having a difficult time with this new shoulder bag that her mother had bought her. Apparently, her old one just wasn't stylish enough for her baby girl.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 HoM-First years, please   Lesson 1 HoM-First years, please EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 9:26 pm

Lavender waved bye to Hester with a frown. Now she was alone again. Until Ainslee appeared at her side and asked to sit down. Lavender paused for a moment , staring down at the chair. It was Hester's chair. She quickly shook these thoughts away, Hester was gone, the chair was now free. Lavender would really have to keep her emotions in check if she wanted to survive this school.

"Sure," She pulled her belongings towards her side of the table more to give the girl room. Before turning back to the board.
Back to top Go down
Ainslee James
First Year
Ainslee James

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 HoM-First years, please   Lesson 1 HoM-First years, please EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 9:31 pm

Ainslee smiled and took the seat. Ainslee wanted to meet other people too of course, but for now, it was good to have Lavender. This school was large, the people were diverse and Ainslee was new. Who wouldn't be nervous.

After Ainslee sat down, she began to pull out all of her things. After getting everything set up, she began biting her lips. It was a annoying habit that she did when she got nervous. Hopefully this class would be fun.
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Tyler
First Year
Benjamin Tyler

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 HoM-First years, please   Lesson 1 HoM-First years, please EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 11:34 pm

As I walked to the History classroom, I wondered how would it be, I had high expectations on this class, I liked the subject, but I wasn't really good at sitting down for a whole class just listening to the teacher rant about history.

When I arrived, I saw the teacher sitting on top of the desk with a relaxed attitude and a pretty smile on her face. I immediately blushed and went to my desk, mumbling a barely audible 'hello' to the teacher.

I sat down on a desk in the second row of desks and got out all my things, still not looking at the teacher.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 HoM-First years, please   Lesson 1 HoM-First years, please EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 1:32 am

Sami cursed under her breath once she realized the majority of the class were first years. As quickly as she could, she shoved her belongings into her bag and looked around. Hester had gone only moments before, making her realize she was surrounded by first years. She carried her bag and walked up to Professor Nott, "Wrong class, sorry." She then walked out of the classroom, feeling embarrased and idiotic. She hoped her actual lesson would go by much smoother than this (not) one did. Hopefully, I won't make that mistake again...
Back to top Go down
Evangeline Greene
First Year
Evangeline Greene

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 HoM-First years, please   Lesson 1 HoM-First years, please EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 5:32 pm

Evangeline entered the class to see that she wasn't late and the lesson hadn't started yet. She didn't know anyone so she took a seat towards the back away from everyone else. She took out her textbook, parchment, quill and ink and waited for the listen to begin. She hoped that the class wouldn't be too bad. And the teacher looked nice enough. She sighed a little, leaning back in her chair hoping the rest of the class would arrive soon. She hoped the lesson would begin soon.
Back to top Go down
Sophia Nott
Sophia Nott

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 HoM-First years, please   Lesson 1 HoM-First years, please EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 9:10 am

Sophie nodded to Sami with a small smile on her lips. She was glad to know that at least Hester and Sami will be coming to her lesson. When she saw the third year was out of the classroom, the redhead stood up and grinned at the little first years.

"Welcome everybody, my name is Sophia Nott and I hope History of magic won't bore you too much. When you first speak up, please tell your name and I'll try to remember it. Now an easy question for you. Can anybody tell me founders of this school and their traits? And please, one answer per one student, I want everybody to get a chance."
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 HoM-First years, please   Lesson 1 HoM-First years, please EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 11:39 am

Lavender cleared her throat, knowing all the school founders very well. She picked her own house founder as he was the one she knew most about, her parents tried to drum the knowledge into her from an early age.

"Lavender Parkinson," She began. "Slytherin's founder; Salazar Slytherin. He was a pure-blood wizard and a parselmouth, as well as being skilled at Legilimency. Hee didn't trust muggle-born students and after expressing this opinion the other founders didn't agree, resulting in Slytherin leaving the school and never returning."

Last edited by Lavender Parkinson on Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fiona Millington
First Year
Fiona Millington

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 HoM-First years, please   Lesson 1 HoM-First years, please EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 6:34 pm

Fiona entered History of Magic without so much as a sound. Someone else, a Slytherin by the looks of it, was speaking, so Fiona stayed quiet as she took a seat in the back. This would be the first (and probably the only) class where she had sat in the back of the room. All the other times she had sat near the front, but drawing unnecessary attention to herself while someone else was speaking would be unwise.

Once situated in the back, she took out her books and quickly caught on to what was going on, having been listening to the Slytherin girl while she sat down. She wasn't one to voluntarily answer a question, though, even when she knew the answer. In this case, she did know the answer, but still chose to keep quiet. Instead, she took out some parchment, ink, and a quill, preparing to take notes if the need should arise.
Back to top Go down
Evangeline Greene
First Year
Evangeline Greene

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 HoM-First years, please   Lesson 1 HoM-First years, please EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 10:21 am

Evangeline listened to what professor Nott said then she heard the girl who called herself Lavender answer. Seeing as her answer was abut slytherin Eva decided to answer abut Ravenclaw. It was the house she knew most about after slytherin obviously. Plus she didn't want to answer about gryffindor or hufflepuff.
She raised her own hand "Evangeline Greene" she said "Rowena Ravenclaw was the founder of the house of ravenclaw. She is said to have been a very beautful intelligent women, who favoured those students with great intelligence, creativity, sharp minds and wisdom, like herself. " She said answered, hoping it was okay and amde sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 HoM-First years, please   Lesson 1 HoM-First years, please Empty

Back to top Go down

Lesson 1 HoM-First years, please
Page 1 of 1