Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Watching the view

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

Watching the view Empty
PostSubject: Watching the view   Watching the view EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 7:47 pm

Lavender lent on the scaffolding behind the schools giant clock in the clock tower. Students were chattering below in the courtyard as she tried to see if there was anyone she knew. There didn't seem to be. The sun was beginning to set, casting a beautiful red glow over the grounds, courtyard and clock. Lavender sighed, was she really the only one who'd found this secluded spot? It was perfect for thinking and airing out dirty laundry so to speak. She lent forward and rested her chin on her hand, sighing again.
Back to top Go down
Ainslee James
First Year
Ainslee James

Watching the view Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching the view   Watching the view EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 8:33 pm

Ainslee was wandering around Hogwarts. It was odd being at a place like Hogwarts. Ainslee was muggleborn witch and a place like Hogwarts was more than a bit frightening. She didn't know what the other children were like and what the classes would be like. Ainslee was used to being the confident one, but her she felt overwhelmed.

Ainslee walked out from behind a wall and discovered that she was in a clock tower, and only one girl stood in front of her. The girl seemed to be enjoying the view. Walking up to the girl, excited about meeting someone, she stood next to her and smiled.

"Hello," Ainslee said, looking at the girls robes and discovering she was a Slytherin. Didn't someone mention Slytherins and Gryffindors disliking each other? Ainslee pushed away the side. "I'm Ainslee James. Gryffindor first year." she introduced herself.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

Watching the view Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching the view   Watching the view EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 8:41 pm

Lavender jumped slightly at the sound of someones voice by her side. She turned to see a brunette girl watching her. The girl introduced herself as Ainslee, a Gryffindor. Lavender had come to the conclusion that even though their houses were meant to hate each other, she didn't really care. Hester was in Gryffindor too, and they got along just fine. Better than fine.

"Hi," Lavender smiled warmly. "Lavender Parkinson, Slytherin first year." She pointed to the crest on her robes. "Nice to meet you," Lavender extended her hand towards Ainslee.
Back to top Go down
Ainslee James
First Year
Ainslee James

Watching the view Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching the view   Watching the view EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 8:54 pm

Ainslee took Lavender's hand and shook it. "Nice to meet you too!" Ainslee said truthfully. Lavender didn't seem all that cruel. In fact, she was nice enough to even say hi. And, according to some of the books Ainslee had read, that was a start.

Ainslee looked at the view, her blue eyes widen as she took in all of Hogwarts. "Amazing isn't it?" Ainslee breathed out, while gesturing toward the scenery. "I'm Muggleborn, I believe that's what they call folk like me, and this is all very new to me." Ainslee explained.

"You must be a Pureblood. I read somewhere that the Slytherins were Purebloods." Ainslee assumed. The Sorting Hat had told Ainslee that she would've done well in Ravenclaw, but she was too sympathetic and brave for her own good. Ainslee still didn't know what that meant.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

Watching the view Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching the view   Watching the view EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 9:00 pm

Lavender turned back to the view when Ainslee gestured to it.

"It is," She nodded with a small smile. "Don't worry, I'm not like most Slytherin's, I don't really care about 'blood status'. As long as you're a nice person, you'll do me," Lavender sent the girl a sideways glance quickly before returning to the view ahead. "However, yes, I am Pureblood. Not that it's done me much good so far," She muttered the last part more to herself.
Back to top Go down
Ainslee James
First Year
Ainslee James

Watching the view Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching the view   Watching the view EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 9:07 pm

Ainslee noticed how Lavender whispered the last part. Ainslee was just able to catch it though. And when she did hear it, she cringed. "That bad huh? I heard that Purebloods are supposed to be the rulers of the Wizarding world." Ainslee shook her head at that a little. "Judging by what you said, its safe to assume that there are some people I need to watch out for."

Ainslee ran a hand through her overly-long hair. "Who are the good people you've met so far... and who are the bad? I mean, I could handle anyone with my fist." Ainslee recalled that one boy this summer that tried to peek up her skirt. Ainslee gave him a broken nose and bloody lips after he pulled that stunt. Ainslee wasn't just a little bookworm. "But, I'm still uneasy with a wand and I want to make sure I stay away from the bad people." Ainslee explained, hoping she wasn't talking too much.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

Watching the view Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching the view   Watching the view EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 9:22 pm

Lavender listened as the girl spoke, leaning heavily on the scaffolding with arms crossed slightly.

"I suppose they do. But I don't think they should, we're all equal in my opinion." She paused for thought about who to warn Ainslee of, she had a few ideas. "Aurora Greengrass. She's the main one you want to look out for. In fact, basically steer clear of all the Slytherin girls, except me and Emily and Amanda. We're the nice ones. Though don't hold me to that, I haven't met them all yet." Lavender smirked to herself before continuing. "Hester Alderman is wonderful, and in your house. She's amazing, if you need help from anyone in your house go to her, she'd be happy to help." She wasn't sure how Hester would feel about her saying this, she hoped okay. "Also Landon, in your house. Along with his friend Natalie, I haven't met her but he speaks very highly of her, she's in Hufflepuf I believe." Lavender stopped for breath finally. She never usually spoke that much.
Back to top Go down
Ainslee James
First Year
Ainslee James

Watching the view Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching the view   Watching the view EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 9:29 pm

Ainslee grinned when Lavender told her all this. It was nice to know who to go to, besides Lavender who seemed like a really nice sort of girl. That Hester girl seemed nice too. Especially considering she was a Gryffindor like herself. "Thanks, I appreciate it." Ainslee said truthfully, grinning at Lavender.

"How are you liking Hogwarts?" Ainslee wondered, still looking at the ground below. Ainslee was glad that she had met Lavender. Lavender was a kind girl. That was something that Ainslee prided herself in being.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

Watching the view Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching the view   Watching the view EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 9:34 pm

Lavender smiled. Ainslee seemed like a nice girl, she was sure they'd get on great.

"You're very welcome," Then Ainslee asked her question, causing Lavender to have to think for a second. "It's good. Apart from having to deal with the girls in my house," She scowled to herself. "What about you?"
Back to top Go down
Ainslee James
First Year
Ainslee James

Watching the view Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching the view   Watching the view EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 9:38 pm

Ainslee felt sympathy for Lavender. It seemed like the people in her house were real nasty. Ainslee had yet to meet anyone from Gryffindor, expect for some of he older children during the feast. Yet, none of them were close to Ainslee's age.

"I guess you could say its been alright... I've only met you, so I don't know what everyone else is like. Its really beautiful here, that's for sure. Almost too beautiful to be real in a way." Ainslee explained, brushing her hair behind her ear. It was odd being a new kid. Yet, surely, Lavender knew how she felt.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

Watching the view Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching the view   Watching the view EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 9:44 pm

Lavender nodded. This girl seemed down to earth and friendly, someone she and Hester would get along well with. Emily too.

"Let's hope you don't meet them anytime soon," She smiled slightly. "It is beautiful. Almost like a dream, right?" Lavender glanced at the brunette. "You'll get used to it. I will have to introduce you to Hester soon. You'll get on," She grinned as she thought of the red headed beauty. Her favorite person in the whole of Hogwarts.
Back to top Go down
Ainslee James
First Year
Ainslee James

Watching the view Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching the view   Watching the view EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 9:48 pm

Ainslee smiled at meeting this Hester girl. Someone that Lavender spoke highly of had to be nice. Surely. Lavender was a real nice girl, so Hester would be too. It only seemed reasonable. "I'd like that, quite a bit." Ainslee said.

"Do you have any animals?" Ainslee suddenly wondered. Ainslee had just gotten her new cat, Leira, while in Diagon Alley. "I've got a kitten. Her name is Leira." Ainslee explained, wanting to get to know Lavender more. She was like one her friends back home.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

Watching the view Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching the view   Watching the view EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 2:57 pm

Lavender smiled at the thought of Hester and how keen Ainslee was to meet her.

"I've got an owl, though I'm thinking of getting something else too," It was true, she's been thinking about it. There were several things to choose from, a cat? A snake? A frog? Well, perhaps not a frog.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Watching the view Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching the view   Watching the view Empty

Back to top Go down

Watching the view
Page 1 of 1