Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Sitting and enjoying the view

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ainslee James
First Year
Ainslee James

Sitting and enjoying the view Empty
PostSubject: Sitting and enjoying the view   Sitting and enjoying the view EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 10:30 pm

Ainslee sat down on the grass in front of the lake, admiring the dark water. Ainslee lived in an area where there weren't many trees or lakes. In fact, the only place Ainslee had swam before was in a pool. Ainslee was a great swimmer, but she had only ever been swimming in a chlorinated pool at the high school. Ainslee had never even seen a lake like this before. It was something that Ainslee admired greatly. She had yet to really enjoy the scenery of Hogwarts yet. Or, rather, she had yet to explore it.

Picking up a rock, Ainslee threw it absent-mindedly at the water. The water rippled, Ainslee reflection blurring. When the water calmed down some, another reflection was there. Ainslee let out a squeak of surprise, before turning around to look at the person.
Back to top Go down
Lachlan Normandy
Second Year
Lachlan Normandy

PostSubject: Re: Sitting and enjoying the view   Sitting and enjoying the view EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 10:36 pm

Lachlan walked along the lake, discovering that the lake was her favorite place to be. It was calm and it gave her a place that she could think. Lachlan's mind was always going at a hundred miles per hour and it was nice to be able to slow down, even it was for a little bit.Lachlan was luckily by herself. Lion was asleep on her bed back in the dorms, so Lachlan was free to roam the grounds with Lion barking at everyone he saw. Lachlan loved Lion, but he was getting a little too possessive of his owner.

Noticing a girl sitting in the grass, close to the lake, Lachlan approached her with a grin. Lachlan had seen this girl here before. She just never had gotten the chance to speak with her. A shame really.

The girl threw a rock into the lake right before Lachlan got to her side. Once the water settled, Lachlan's reflection was clear. The girl let out a sound of surprise before turning around. Lachlan sat down next to her and grinned. "I'm Lachlan Normandy, a first year Hufflepuff." she introduced herself.
Back to top Go down
Ainslee James
First Year
Ainslee James

PostSubject: Re: Sitting and enjoying the view   Sitting and enjoying the view EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 10:41 pm

Ainslee smiled at the girl softly as she introduced herself. "Ainslee James. Gryffindor first year." Ainslee stated in return, smiling at Lachlan. Lachlan was a pretty girl and had a kind face. Ainslee was nervous about not knowing anyone and not knowing anything about the Wizarding world. Lachlan was a first year too, but she seemed a lot more confident. Maybe Lachlan was a Pureblood or a Half-blood. Either way, Lachlan seemed like she was a lot more comfortable at Hogwarts than Ainslee was. It was something that made Ainslee feel relieved. Lachlan could help Ainslee understand Hogwarts some more.
Back to top Go down
Lachlan Normandy
Second Year
Lachlan Normandy

PostSubject: Re: Sitting and enjoying the view   Sitting and enjoying the view EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 10:44 pm

Lachlan grinned at Ainslee. Ainslee seemed nervous in a way. It made Lachlan sympathize with her. Lachlan wasn't at all uneasy about being new at Hogwarts. She had grown up her whole life knowing that she was a witch. Ainslee might not have known that she was a witch. For all Lachlan knew, Ainslee could be a Muggleborn.

"How are you liking Hogwarts Ainslee?" Lachlan wondering, picking at a piece of grass. Her long, curly, brown hair fell around her like a curtain and Lachlan had to cast it over her shoulder again. It seemed like no matter what Lachlan did with it, it would find a way to hinder her.
Back to top Go down
Ainslee James
First Year
Ainslee James

PostSubject: Re: Sitting and enjoying the view   Sitting and enjoying the view EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 10:47 pm

"Its different from what I'm used to, that's for sure." Ainslee explained with a scoff. Ainslee watched as Lachlan struggled with her curly hair. It was humorous to see this girl have difficulties already, even if it was just with her hair.

"I'm a Muggleborn, you see. And I've never ever heard about the Wizarding world or magic. My parents were Atheist even. So, I never believed in anything other than science. Its odd now that I'm a witch. My parents are having trouble accepting it." Ainslee said, noticing how the wind was starting to blow a little bit more.

Ainslee suddenly let out a laugh. "But, that's not what you asked! Hogwarts!" Ainslee exclaimed, reminding herself to stay on topic. "I love it here. Its so beautiful and amazing. I've never seen anything so... for lack of a better word, magical."
Back to top Go down
Lachlan Normandy
Second Year
Lachlan Normandy

PostSubject: Re: Sitting and enjoying the view   Sitting and enjoying the view EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 11:01 pm

Lachlan chuckled slightly when Ainslee began rambling. Lachlan found it funny, because when Lachlan was nervous she would ramble too. It was interesting to see someone from a different house have at least one of the same characteristics as Lachlan. Gryffindors were the brave ones, while Hufflepuffs were the loyal ones. Maybe they went hand in hand.

"I agree with you. Hogwarts is simply magical. I'm from Ireland, but I moved to the States last year, I believe. My cousin, Leighton Vladimir, she is from America too. Only she lived there since she was at least four. We have never seen something this amazing either." Lachlan said, biting her lip.

"I'm a Half-blood, so I grew up with magic. I can understand that this can be crazy for you. I know that it was crazy for me and I expected to be going to some Wizarding school." said Lachlan. Hopefully her rambling was making Ainslee a little more comfortable.
Back to top Go down
Leighton Vladimir
Third Year
Leighton Vladimir

PostSubject: Re: Sitting and enjoying the view   Sitting and enjoying the view EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 12:55 am

Leighton walked along the lake, feeling a little bored. It was odd that Leighton was bored at Hogwarts of all places. Leigh decided that maybe taking a walk on the grounds of her favorite place would cure her boredom. Maybe, Leighton thought with a sigh, I'll just go to the library and check out a new book. Her potions book was getting a little too worn down. It was time to stock up on new books.
Leighton noticed two girls sitting by the water. One of them had long, inky black hair and the other had the oh-so familiar curly brown hair. It seemed as if her Hufflepuff cousin had made a new friend.
Approaching the girls, Leigh sat down next to her cousin, nudging Lachlan with her shoulder. "Hey cuzzy," she greeted Lachlan. Looking over at the other girl, Leighton smirked. "I'm Leighton Vladimir. Slytherin second year."
Back to top Go down
Lachlan Normandy
Second Year
Lachlan Normandy

PostSubject: Re: Sitting and enjoying the view   Sitting and enjoying the view EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 1:03 am

Lachlan felt her cousin, Leighton, nudge her shoulder as she sat down next to her. Looking up at Leighton after she addressed Ainslee, she raised her eyebrows. "Hello Leigh, aren't you supposed to be dwelling in the dungeons with the other Snakes?" Lachlan joked, punching Leighton's arm. Lachlan had yet to run into her cousin and it was sad. Even though Lachlan and Leighton were polar opposites, they still loved to hang out together.

"Ainslee, this is Leighton. Leighton, this is Ainslee." Lachlan felt the urge to introduce the two. Lachlan knew that it would be dangerous to introduce a Snake to a Lion. They were supposed to hate each other. Yet, Lachlan knew that Ainslee was a Muggleborn. Plus, Leigh was much more mature than some of the other Snakes.
Back to top Go down
Ainslee James
First Year
Ainslee James

PostSubject: Re: Sitting and enjoying the view   Sitting and enjoying the view EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 1:24 am

Ainslee was shocked when Lachlan's cousin showed up. The girl, Leighton, introduced herself as a Slytherin. Lavender had told Ainslee to stay away from the Slytherins. Leighton seemed nice though. If Leighton was Lachlan's cousin, then she couldn't be too bad. Lachlan didn't seem to hate her. Cousin didn't have to like each other, but Lachlan and Leighton seemed to get along just fine.

"Pleasure to meet you Leighton." Ainslee said sincerely. Lavender didn't mention anything about Leighton. Surely, Leighton wasn't as bad as the other Snakes. Leighton seemed to embody what Ainslee would assume a Slytherin would look like. She was scary pretty; so pretty that it was frightening. She was smirking dangerously, but in a devilish way. Leighton was so Slytherin that even her eyes were a grey-green color.

Addressing Leighton, Ainslee smiled. "Lachlan told me you live in America with her. What's it like there?" Ainslee couldn't help but ask. America seemed as foreign as the Wizarding world and Ainslee loved to learn.
Back to top Go down
Leighton Vladimir
Third Year
Leighton Vladimir

PostSubject: Re: Sitting and enjoying the view   Sitting and enjoying the view EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 9:15 pm

Leighton smirked at the Gryffindor. Like Emily, Leighton's Gryffindor friend, she was also curious in a polite fashion. "Lachlan was correct for once," Leighton paused to wink at her cousin. "I do live in America. New York actually." Leighton knew that if she was speaking to someone from America, they would be amazed. New York was known for being an amazing city. Unfortunately, Ainslee was from England.

"Its beautiful there. The city that never sleeps for sure. I live in a large penthouse in Manhattan. Great view of the city." Leighton bragged, feeling slightly superior. Leigh wasn't a mean girl to people who didn't deserve it. Nor was she a girl that acted like she was better than everyone else. Yet, this girl was a first year and Leighton couldn't help but brag.

Leighton looked over at Lachlan was a grin, and then back at Ainslee. "How's it like being a first year? You two must be nervous and worried, huh? Odd coming to a new school, especially one like this?" Leigh knew she was baiting them. Lachlan, being Lachlan, wouldn't fall for it. Ainslee might though.
Back to top Go down
Sydney Manette
Second Year
Sydney Manette

PostSubject: Re: Sitting and enjoying the view   Sitting and enjoying the view EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 2:45 am

Sydney raced out into the grounds running at a breakneck speed. He couldn't be out of that castle any faster!
His day had been monotonous to put it kindly. All day he had endured dreadfully boring lectures, and he couldn't wait for term to end. As he neared the lake, and his favorite tree by it, he saw a group of girls chatting. Among them was the girl he remembered running into in the Library. He remembered it well, because that was the first(and hopefully last)time he visited the Library. Hoping to make her into a friend, and acquaint himself with more people, he slowed his pace to a jog and made his way over to them.
"Hello ladies...Do you mind if I join you?" he said as he ran a arm through his hair. He felt the skin on his forehead was moist, and he was glad he had been put into all kinds of sports as a kid. Because of his father's pushiness into the matter, Sydney Manette was not out of shape. All that running, and only minimal perspiration; Perfect.
He stood next to the girl from the Library, Leighton was her name, and smiled at all the girls in a way he hoped was confident.
Back to top Go down
Ainslee James
First Year
Ainslee James

PostSubject: Re: Sitting and enjoying the view   Sitting and enjoying the view EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 11:01 pm

Ainslee raised her eyebrows at Leighton. "Of course I'm nervous. I'm a Muggleborn and I've never been to a place like this before. I am a witch, I have powers, we can fly!" Ainslee too a deep breathe. Looking at the girl, noticing that she was smirking. Ainslee felt slightly mad. Leighton was just teasing her.

Ainslee looked up when she saw a boy come up to their group. Ainslee grinned at him. She had yet to meet a boy at Hogwarts. According to his robes, he was a Hufflepuff like Lachlan. "Of course we don't mind. Please sit." Ainslee said, blushing slightly. Ainslee wasn't usually shy, but she was in a new place, she couldn't help it.

"I'm Ainslee James. Gryffindor first year." she introduced herself.
Back to top Go down
Sydney Manette
Second Year
Sydney Manette

PostSubject: Re: Sitting and enjoying the view   Sitting and enjoying the view EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 5:20 pm

Sydney grinned at the Gryffindor first year named Ainslee. "Don't mind if I do," he replied. He threw his bookbag onto the grass haphazardly, and took off his cloak to sit on it. Leaning back on his hands he closed his eyes and faced towards the sky, letting his face soak up the warmth of the sun. It felt fantastic outside, and he could hardly believe it had taken him so long to make the decision to go outside. The air was nice, warm, not too humid, and the occasional breeze; Overall, it was very pleasant weather. "It feels really good out here, don't you think?" he asked no one in particular.
Back to top Go down
Leighton Vladimir
Third Year
Leighton Vladimir

PostSubject: Re: Sitting and enjoying the view   Sitting and enjoying the view EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 11:03 pm

Leighton smirked at the girl's answer. It was as if she perfectly fell straight into her trap. Merlin it was fun messing with younger schoolmates. "Oh, yeah, amazing how we can fly... like the Muggles do with their airplanes." Leighton knew she was being a little more than harsh to the poor Gryffindor. But, it comes with the territory.

Noticing a familiar looking boy walk up, Leighton raised an amused eyebrow. Ainslee and the boy spoke briefly before the boy, Sydney if she remember correctly. "You're Sydney right?" Leighton snapped her fingers in thought. "I ran into you at the library. You like to be called Sid?" Leighton stated even though it was more like a question.
Back to top Go down
Sydney Manette
Second Year
Sydney Manette

PostSubject: Re: Sitting and enjoying the view   Sitting and enjoying the view EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 5:18 pm

Sydney turned his attention to the Slytherin girl that he was sure was called Leighton. He rubbed his eyes tiredly and said, " Yeah, I'm Sid. Ah...I remember that," he stopped and grinned down at the grass,"You ran into Pierre, and stuttered a lot." She had looked so scared that she had offended them that she kept stammering her "sorry"s, and it actually had been quite endearing. Since that moment, he had begun to remember her more as "the nice library girl", or sometimes just "Library Girl". In reality, it all depended on how well his memory was that day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sitting and enjoying the view   Sitting and enjoying the view Empty

Back to top Go down

Sitting and enjoying the view
Page 1 of 1