Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Astronomy Syllabus

Go down 
+3
Lachlan Normandy
Hester Alderman
Catarina Burke
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Catarina Burke
Astronomy Professor
Catarina Burke

Astronomy Syllabus Empty
PostSubject: Astronomy Syllabus   Astronomy Syllabus EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 12:38 pm

READ FIRST

Description:
Astronomy is the study of learning the names of stars, constellations and planets, as well as their location and movements, and describing the environments of planets and moons..

Disclaimer:
When we go over material, I know that you can use your internet resources to answer any of my questions but I may offer extra House Points for creativity, and if you’re wrong, always try again.

Expectations:
I expect for all of my students to arrive to class prepared and on time. I will take off points if you don’t come to class with your required materials. (Always mention your materials when you post your arrival.) This class won’t always be fun. Some of what I mention may not interest you, that’s perfectly fine. You NEED to take notes. You won’t pass any of your tests if you don’t. Also, you can't be perfect. Everyone makes mistakes so get an answer wrong here and there.

Attendance:
You are required to attend each lesson. You can’t show up and not participate. If you don’t show up your grade will be lowered. The same goes for if you show up and don’t participate. However, if for some reason you can’t make it to class or you will be late, contact me.

Rules:
The rules are simple. No speaking when I am. Participate in class. No pulling pranks. Respect other students. Do not talk back. You should show me the most amount of respect. Breaking any rules will result in a consequence. Grade deduction, being kicked out, etc.

Extra Help:
Astronomy may or may not challenge you. Either way if you have questions about anything I will help you. You can send me a message if you need help with anything or just want to talk. All questions, comments, or concerns are welcome.

Extra Credit:
Extra credit is available to you! It's up to you if you decide to take me up on the opportunity to increase your grade. If you are interested in extra credit, feel free to Owl me and I will assign you some sort of assignment. I promise you it will not be difficult.

Grading:
Each lesson you can get a minimum of 30 points. For creativity you can get extra points. Your final exam is worth 25 points. Below you will see my point system:

Attendance: 5 points
Coming Prepared: 10 points
Participation: 10 Points
Final Exam: 25 Points

Your final grade is based out of 100 points. I will do the conversions at the end of the year to give you your grade. You need at least an Acceptable to pass this class. To show you have read this syllabus, in your sign-up on the sign-up sheet somewhere put "Dumbledore." Those who do not will lose points and will be notified.

Passing

(O) Outstanding = 90 – 100 points.
(E) Exceeds Expectations = 75 - 89 points.
(A) Acceptable = 60 -74 points.

Failing

(P) Poor = 45-59 points.
(D) Dreadful = 30-44 points.
(T) Troll = 0-29 points.

Before you can sign up on your sign up sheet, you must sign below:
Code:
I, [insert name] have read this syllabus and promise to abide by it.
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

Astronomy Syllabus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Syllabus   Astronomy Syllabus EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 2:39 pm

I, Hester Alderman have read this syllabus and promise to abide by it.

Last edited by Hester Alderman on Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lachlan Normandy
Second Year
Lachlan Normandy

Astronomy Syllabus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Syllabus   Astronomy Syllabus EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 8:59 pm

I, Lachlan Normandy, have read this syllabus and promise to abide by it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Adreis Conners
Second Year
Adreis Conners

Astronomy Syllabus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Syllabus   Astronomy Syllabus EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 9:25 pm

I, Adreis Conners, have read this syllabus and promise to abide by it.
Back to top Go down
Danielle Valencia
First Year
Danielle Valencia

Astronomy Syllabus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Syllabus   Astronomy Syllabus EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 9:35 pm

I, Danielle Valencia have read this syllabus and promise to abide by it.
Back to top Go down
Caden Callaghan
Second Year
Caden Callaghan

Astronomy Syllabus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Syllabus   Astronomy Syllabus EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 12:28 am

I, Caden Callaghan, have read this syllabus and promise to abide by it.
Back to top Go down
Evangeline Greene
First Year
Evangeline Greene

Astronomy Syllabus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Syllabus   Astronomy Syllabus EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 2:53 pm

I, Evangeline Greene, have read this syllabus and promise to abide by it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Astronomy Syllabus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Syllabus   Astronomy Syllabus Empty

Back to top Go down

Astronomy Syllabus
Page 1 of 1