Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Singing in the rain...er...in the classroom...hmm

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gwen Cooper
Fourth Year
Gwen Cooper

Singing in the rain...er...in the classroom...hmm Empty
PostSubject: Singing in the rain...er...in the classroom...hmm   Singing in the rain...er...in the classroom...hmm EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 9:32 am

Gwen walked into an empty class room and closed the door behind her but it refused to close all the way so she settled on leaving a crack open. She waved her wand the way she had practised many times and music started playing, before starting to sing. Softly at first but then with more power. She had a good voice but she was normally a bit shy about singing in front of people. With her back to the wall she looked out of the window,
"I'm not gonna write you a love song
'Cause you asked for it
'Cause you need one, you see
I'm not gonna write you a love song
'Cause you tell me it's make or breaking this
If you're on your way
I'm not gonna write you to stay
If all you have is leaving
I'mma need a better reason to write you a love song today
Today-"
She sang before hearing someone behind her. She turned around, her mouth in a small 'O' and her blues eyes surprised. She blushed slightly and waved her wand turning the music off.
"Ehm...Hi...so...you heard everything, didn´t you?"

Back to top Go down
Vanessa Lopez
First Year
Vanessa Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Singing in the rain...er...in the classroom...hmm   Singing in the rain...er...in the classroom...hmm EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 4:24 pm

Vanessa hadn't meant to overhear, but when she heard singing she followed the voice instinctively. She was just glad it was someone she knew. If not, that would've been awkward...

"I'm sorry. I-I heard you f-from s-somewhere, and followed the voice. W-Was I not supposed to have h-heard? I'm sorry!"
She couldn't help it. Her inner musician kicked in whenever she heard music of any kind, and she was like a moth to a flame; she couldn't possibly resist listening more.
Back to top Go down
Gwen Cooper
Fourth Year
Gwen Cooper

PostSubject: Re: Singing in the rain...er...in the classroom...hmm   Singing in the rain...er...in the classroom...hmm EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 4:38 pm

Gwen smiled,
"It´s fine Nessa relex. We´re friends. It´s fine. I´ve just never sang with an audience before." She grinned.
"Do you play anything? Or sing? I play violin." She grinned warmly. She was glad that nessa had heard her and not a professor or worse..her dad. She didn´t think she was ready to sing fo her family yet.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Lopez
First Year
Vanessa Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Singing in the rain...er...in the classroom...hmm   Singing in the rain...er...in the classroom...hmm EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 4:48 pm

Relaxed by the smile Gwen had, and seeing she wasn't mad, made Vanessa feel much better about accidentally eavesdropping.
"Do you play anything? Or sing? I play violin"

The words jolted Vanessa into hyper-awareness;Another violinist! Before she could stop herself she squealed excitedly. "I play violin, too! How long have you been playing?"
It was out of her mouth before she noticed, and it took all her will-power to suppress the plethora of questions she had left. Who was her favorite composer? What is her favorite piece? Isn't Bach the best? Doesn't Mozart have better piano-only pieces in comparison to his orchestral scores?
Alas, it was her fear of asking something she shouldn't that stopped her.
Back to top Go down
Gwen Cooper
Fourth Year
Gwen Cooper

PostSubject: Re: Singing in the rain...er...in the classroom...hmm   Singing in the rain...er...in the classroom...hmm EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 4:54 pm

gwen grinned excitedly. Finallöy another violinist. "I´ve been playing since i could hold the violin. My Mum used to and she gave me hers. Who´s you´re favorite? I like to play Vanessa-Mae´s works. but I like Beethoven too. And bach. Of course." she giggled happily. She looked forward to discussing violin and such with Nessa. it seemed zo bring the girl out of her shell.
"OhMerlin, we should play together sometime!"
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Lopez
First Year
Vanessa Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Singing in the rain...er...in the classroom...hmm   Singing in the rain...er...in the classroom...hmm EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 5:07 pm

She couldn't help thinking: What are the odds of finding a fellow violinist?
"R-really? I-I've been playing since I was a-about five of six. I d-don't quite know. I-I have a weird memory..."
She shifted to put her weight on her right leg and twiddled her fingers in a nervous reaction. Her shyness was back now that the initial excitement was subdued. "V-Vanessa Mae is a-awfully modern. I-I don't have any p-problem with her, but I prefer more traditional music." She nodded at Gwen's other choices; they were both really good. "I like Beethoven. There's something tragic about him that makes his music amazing. However, I think Chopin tickles my fancy more when it comes to pianists. Bach, well, he is a classic even to the classic. Barouque music is quite fun t-to play."
When offered to play with her, Vanessa felt a smile tug at her lips that she couldn't and wouldn't suppress. "That would wonderful!"she paused,"I would have to somehow manage to bring my violin to Hogwarts, though. I-I didn't think I c-could b-bring it..."
Back to top Go down
Gwen Cooper
Fourth Year
Gwen Cooper

PostSubject: Re: Singing in the rain...er...in the classroom...hmm   Singing in the rain...er...in the classroom...hmm EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 5:26 pm

Gwen nodded happily. Not many people knew Vanessa-Mae. "Yes. barouque was a wonderful era to musicians. And i you could Owl home or we could try to accio it. or ask a Teacher too. no problem. "And i like interpreting Beethoven too. In each of his pieces there´s a part of him, a tragic hermit-like Musician losing his hearing and with it, his contact with the world. I can´t begin to imagine how horrid that would be. And true. bach is simply a genius." She grinned back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Singing in the rain...er...in the classroom...hmm   Singing in the rain...er...in the classroom...hmm Empty

Back to top Go down

Singing in the rain...er...in the classroom...hmm
Page 1 of 1