Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Shelter from the rain

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

Shelter from the rain Empty
PostSubject: Shelter from the rain   Shelter from the rain EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 1:56 pm

Lavender reached the top of the stairs and found her usual spot looking over the courtyard. She waited for Emily to join her. Hoping the girl would be happy with the spot she chose. They were sheltered from the rain but still had a beautiful and similar view like they'd had while outside. The last time she'd been here was with Ainslee, who she hadn't seen in a while actually.

"Have you been up here before?" She asked Emily, not letting her eyes leave the view of the grounds.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Shelter from the rain   Shelter from the rain EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 2:23 pm

Emily followed Lavender to where sha had chosen to go. They rain was falling heavily outside now, it looked like they had just made it inside in time. She nodded a little at her question "yeah I have, i like it hear. It's peaceful" she said to her. The view was nice too, and it was almsot identical to that of which could be seen from their orginal spot. She stood a little away from the slytherin girl. She glanced at the younger girl who was staring outside. They stood in silence for a moment, the only noise Emily old hear was tha rain outside.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

PostSubject: Re: Shelter from the rain   Shelter from the rain EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 3:50 pm

Lavender watched the view, noting the large distance between them, it felt slightly awkward now. They were silent and she couldn't help wondering what Hester was doing. Plus, what was Emily thinking. She decided to ask.

"What are you thinking about?" Lavender sent a sideways glance in the other girls direction. It wasn't the best conversation starter, Emily may not even want to answer.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Shelter from the rain   Shelter from the rain EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 6:10 am

The silenece wasn't uncomfortable at all but Emily was glad that Lavender had spoken. "I was just remembering, today rememnids me a lot of a differnet day in the past." she explained simply. "what about you?" she asked her, just to keep th econversation going. She turned back to stare outside as she waited for Lavender to answer, maybe she wouldn't want to tell her but that wouldn't bother the gryffindor much.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

PostSubject: Re: Shelter from the rain   Shelter from the rain EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 10:15 am

Lavender furrowed her brow slightly at Emily's answer, wondering what day she was talking about. But decided not to ask yet, that would perhaps be prying too much right now. When Emily returned the same question Lavender bit her lip.

"A few things I guess. I'm a bit confused about certain things, well..." She paused for a second. "Certain people, and certain feelings," Lavender didn't look at the other girl as she spoke. It was embarrassing to say the least, though she hoped Emily didn't get the wrong idea.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Shelter from the rain   Shelter from the rain EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 1:36 pm

Emily noticed that Levender didn't look at her when she spoke, she could tell that it was personal and she hadn't know the slythern for long but she felt she should ask about it and see if she wnated to talk, afterall it might help her. "what do you mean?" she asked a little confused by the girls comment. "sorry I'm being nosey you don't have to tell me." she said thinking it sounded kind of rude and nosey. She didn't want the slytheirn to think she was a noesy type of person.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

PostSubject: Re: Shelter from the rain   Shelter from the rain EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 4:02 pm

Lavender sighed, knowing the girl beside her didn't mean bad by being nosy. Perhaps it would do good to talk about it.

"I have feelings for girls, well, one inparticular," Lavender bit her lip, it was best to get it out in the open. This was strange and foreign to her, talking to someone. She never told people how she felt, Lavender always tried to keep her cards close to her chest. But people can go mad if they don't talk, so she decided talking to Emily was a good place to start. She was sure Emily wouldn't make fun of her.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Shelter from the rain   Shelter from the rain EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 6:02 pm

She heard Lavender sigh next to her, she was about to tell her it didn't matter when she answered. She nodded at what she said, the gryffindors first reflex and though was that it was her. But the slytherin probably wouldn't have told her if it was. So she would just go with it was someone else.
"you know that's not a bad thing, it makes you differnet yes. But it's not a bad thing. " she said to her. "you wanna talk about? I mean sometimes it does help. If you want" she said adding the last part. She knew she ahdn't know Lavender for long and she hoped she saw she was only trying to help, it wasn't like she was going to make fum of her or anything.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

PostSubject: Re: Shelter from the rain   Shelter from the rain EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 6:17 pm

Lavender finally dragged her eyes away from the view to look at Emily, a miserable frown on her face.

"The girl knows, in fact, I think she feels the same. It's just everyone else I'm worried about," She turned back to the view, it was quite dark now. Lavender stared at the light coming from the game keepers hut. She knew people would have a problem with her and Hester being together. It wasn't fair. Her parents wouldn't take kindly to it, she just hoped her brother would understand. He was the main person she cared about other than Hester.
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Shelter from the rain   Shelter from the rain EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 6:44 pm

Emily nodded at what she said. "If people don't accept you for who you are then there not worth your time, effort or worry" She said to her. She knew that it wouldn't be easier for Lavender and the other girl. Being differnet and standing out wasn't easy for anyone. The girl was a first year as well, she was just settling into hogwarst and her house. It was clear to Emily that a lot of the other slytherin's didn't accept her as it was and it would get worse once they found out. "eventually they'll get used to the idea, it's just people don't like it when others are differnet. They have a clear picture in their mind of what 'normal' is and if you don't fit in with that picture then they won't like you. You a slytherin though, your not weak so you'll be okay" she said to her smiling a little.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

PostSubject: Re: Shelter from the rain   Shelter from the rain EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 6:52 pm

Lavender listened to the girls advice, a small smile appearing on her face by the end of it.

"Thanks," She glanced at Emily again, showing a thankful smile. Maybe if she and Hester stayed around people like Emily they would be okay after all. "It's Hester, that's why I asked if you knew her," Lavender added before looking down at the courtyard below. There were a few students scattered about, whispering to each other by the looks of it. The giant clock nearby chimed, though Lavender didn't bother to count how many times. Time was irrelevant at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shelter from the rain   Shelter from the rain Empty

Back to top Go down

Shelter from the rain
Page 1 of 1