Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Thinking in the Rain

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Randall Raynor
First Year
Randall Raynor

Thinking in the Rain Empty
PostSubject: Thinking in the Rain   Thinking in the Rain EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 12:38 am

It was the evening on Saturday and Kutoutuo was standing on the sandy bank near the edge of the lake, wearing a long rain coat over his street clothing with his large hood up. The skies were dark and pouring cold rain around the outside. But since the weather had been strangely very hot recently, Kutoutuo welcomed the freezing precipitation that came down upon him from above, though his raincoat easily repelled the water.

As he walked through the rain, Kutoutuo's only thoughts drifted to other things.
Back to top Go down
Gwen Cooper
Fourth Year
Gwen Cooper

PostSubject: Re: Thinking in the Rain   Thinking in the Rain EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 4:45 pm

Gwen was, yet again, in trance and this time it led her nearer to the water into the freezing rain.
Instantly soaked her long curls straightened and she was softly singing under her breath, her blue eyes light and unseeing.
All she saw was the past. Past picnics, past fights, battles fought there, once she even caught a glimpse of Rowena screaming at Salazar and pushing him into the lake.

She kept on walking, almost unable to stop until she was thighdeep in the lake.
And this while wearing jeans and a black tanktop was not very wise. not to mention how cold it was.
She suddenly snapped back to the present, her blue eyes turnung their darker normal colour and she stumbled slightly shocked at where she was falling facefirst into the lake.
She came up shaking her head and clambered out laying on the edge to catch her breath when she saw a boy.
He seemed younger and dry,one normal and one odd observation.
"Hey! Dry person!" she called out her voice no longer dream like but normal and slightly tired,
"Hi you, so, please dont tell anybody what you saw. And could you help me? I think my boot is stuck in the mud." she gestured to her half sunken foot.
Back to top Go down
Randall Raynor
First Year
Randall Raynor

PostSubject: Re: Thinking in the Rain   Thinking in the Rain EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 10:46 pm

Lightning flashed across the sky as Kutoutuo continued to drift deep into his thoughts when he heard someone calling out before turning to see a girl knee-deep in the waters of the lake. Stuck in the mud? What was she doing out in the lake in the first place?

Taking his wand out and aiming at the girl, Kutoutuo concentrated on casting the Hovering Charm and chanted. "Wingardium Leviosa!"

Hopefully, the spell would be enough to free her from the mud. At the same time, he felt himself slightly weakened from casting the Hovering Charm.
Back to top Go down
Gwen Cooper
Fourth Year
Gwen Cooper

PostSubject: Re: Thinking in the Rain   Thinking in the Rain EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 5:13 am

"Eep!" Gwen was in the air and then on her butt.
"Thanks, ehm, I´m Gwen, I´m not usually covered in mud I swear." she laughed smiling and casting scourgify on herself cleaning her but still leaving her soaked.
"Are you alright?" She asked, he did seem pretty young. Well, she was only thirteen herself.
Back to top Go down
Randall Raynor
First Year
Randall Raynor

PostSubject: Re: Thinking in the Rain   Thinking in the Rain EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 11:48 am

With the unknown girl out of the water, Kutoutuo could finally lift the spell. That spell had taken quite a bit from him that he was breathing heavily. The Healers said that the Telasma Malfunction Syndrome was incurable and he certainly didn't like it when he would tire easily from casting spells.

"I'll make it." he replied after hearing the girl introduce herself as Gwen. "And the name's Kutoutuo."
Back to top Go down
Gwen Cooper
Fourth Year
Gwen Cooper

PostSubject: Re: Thinking in the Rain   Thinking in the Rain EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 5:48 am

"Nice to meet you Kutoutuo. You wouldnt possibly have a nickname, would you?" she asked wringing out some water out of her hair.
"Mind if I call ya Toto? It´s a bit easier." she smiled before sitting down in the wet grass.
"So, what brings you out here in the middle of a storm?" she asked curiously.
Hell, she didnt even know what SHE was doing out here. It was just her stupid visions. They were a part of her and she was slowly growing defensive of them. It was creeping her out a bit., They were changing her...

Last edited by Gwen Cooper on Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Randall Raynor
First Year
Randall Raynor

PostSubject: Re: Thinking in the Rain   Thinking in the Rain EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 1:01 pm

Kutoutuo certainly didn't like the suggestion that Gwen placed on what she wanted to call him yet he kept an impassive poker face.

"I've been called Dao, which is better than Toto." Kutoutuo replied, refraining from elaborating on that issue before continuing. "As to why I'm out in the rain, it's just to see THEM."

He then pointed upwards to the sky where a few green vulture-like birds known as Auguries were flying about through the rain and lightning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking in the Rain   Thinking in the Rain Empty

Back to top Go down

Thinking in the Rain
Page 1 of 1