Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Very Yellow Meetings

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pierre Korsten
Fourth Year
Pierre Korsten

Very Yellow Meetings Empty
PostSubject: Very Yellow Meetings   Very Yellow Meetings EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 7:02 pm

Pierre fell on the couch, exhausted. After changing into his customary suit, classes, Terry, and the recent news about his father, he was worn out, mentally and physically. Closing his eyes to block away the yellow, he sighed before reaching to the coffee table and opening 'Muggle Weapons for Dummies'.

It was so off from what he learned, it wasn't even funny! AK-47s? Avada Kedavra-47! Really? He knew a lot of wizards were rather daft, but you would think they weren't that stupid!

Wondering idly when he was going to be interrupted (that seemed to happen a lot) he delved into the book, shaking his head sadly at the sheer stupidity of the author.

Last edited by Pierre Korsten on Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sydney Manette
Second Year
Sydney Manette

PostSubject: Re: Very Yellow Meetings   Very Yellow Meetings EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 7:13 pm

Sydney ran into the Common Room, skidding to a halt before he knocked into the coffee table. He didn't want a repeat of yesterday, at all.
Catching his breath, he turned to see his dormmate who's name he still didn't know, and nodded in acknowledgement. He still couldn't seem to speak. He had been forced into a run by the pesky Peeves the Poltergeist. For a ghost, he was unusually mischievous, and enjoyed making the lives of people in Hogwarts very difficult. It was his favorite past time.
Noticing the boy was too busy reading his book to notice the nod, Sydney called out in greeting.
"Hello there. I'm Sydney, your dormmate, in case you didn't know," he said still slightly breathless. Feeling relieved to finally be in his own Common room, he let himself collapse into a loveseat while his loosened tie-hanging around his shoulders- slipped off and fell onto the floor unnoticed. He reclined into the seat;reveling in the softness of the seat itself.

Back to top Go down
Kyra Henderson
Fourth Year
Kyra Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Very Yellow Meetings   Very Yellow Meetings EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 7:14 pm

After a tiring day of classes, Kyra felt the need to just sit down and read something. She entered the common room, just wanting to stay out of some sort of trouble.

Somewhat unluckily she found that someone was sitting where she had wanted to. Pierre Korsten. Great. Just what she needed, another reason for him to dislike her.

"Hi Pierre," she said, announcing her presence. "You're reading...Muggle Weapons for Dummies? First of all, why? And second, sorry for interrupting you. Again."

Why was he reading that? Did he need to know about all the harm those weapons caused over the years? Did he know already?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2126315/
Pierre Korsten
Fourth Year
Pierre Korsten

PostSubject: Re: Very Yellow Meetings   Very Yellow Meetings EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 7:21 pm

Pierre sighed and sat up, glaring weakly at the other two before deciding to just play nice. "Hello. And Kyra, I am reading this because I want to know how incompetent the Wizarding World is when it comes to Muggles. And...it's fine. I was getting bored." he said, eyes widening slightly at how much he talked. "H-how was...how was your day?" he asked both hesitantly.

Maybe Hogwarts was crazy, but these two seemed sane.
Back to top Go down
Sydney Manette
Second Year
Sydney Manette

PostSubject: Re: Very Yellow Meetings   Very Yellow Meetings EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 7:33 pm

Sydney let his eyes open once again(he hadn't noticed when they'd closed).
He noticed Kyra next to the boy, and he immediately composed himself. He looked a mess, for merlin's sake!
Sitting up abruptly, Sydney attempted to try and find his tie that he seemed to have lost.
With a groan he said, "Ah no. Bloody... I lost my bloody tie..."
He looked up again at the boy sitting across from him, and answered his question. "Ah...It was alright." Then, remembering what had just happened not too long ago, he started, "I was almost paint-splattered by Peeves...Other than that, it was pretty uneventful. Yours".
He might have started off on bad footing with this boy, but Sydney really hoped he could befriend him. He needed some mates that he could talk about guy stuff with. They could talk about Quidditch, pranks, food, and...girls, eventually.
After he answered, he smiled -dimples in plain view- at Kyra. For some reason, he thought idly, she always seemed to appear and catch him unawares;especially when he's sleeping.
Back to top Go down
Kyra Henderson
Fourth Year
Kyra Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Very Yellow Meetings   Very Yellow Meetings EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 7:43 pm

Kyra remembered Pierre's earlier question and decided to answer. "Mine was pretty uneventful as well, thanks for asking, Pierre. How was yours? You know, besides the brooding and being rude," she said with a slightly teasing tone. She straightened her sweater and leaned back with a smile, her eyes closed. "Oh," she said, opening one eye, "hi Sid." Did she want to torture him? Nah. Okay, maybe. Just a little.

When she opened her eyes about a minute later, she saw Sid smiling at her- Oh look, he has dimples! said the voice in her head- and she couldn't stop the urge to smile back from taking over.
Back to top Go down
Pierre Korsten
Fourth Year
Pierre Korsten

PostSubject: Re: Very Yellow Meetings   Very Yellow Meetings EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 8:00 pm

Pierre shook his head sadly. They were made for each other. "Are you two going to kiss already?" he asked bluntly.

"My day was uneventful." he added to Kyra's inquiry. "Have I been rude? I apologize; I am not used to this many kids in one place."

Sighing heavily, he discarded the book and dug through his bag for his favorite. book, smiling when he saw the cover. 'An Amateur's Guide to Guns and Spells to Enhance Them' by O. Dave. He knew it by heart, but the diagrams were interesting- very. flipping through it, he leaned back and scanned the pages, a smile smile gracing his features.
Back to top Go down
Sydney Manette
Second Year
Sydney Manette

PostSubject: Re: Very Yellow Meetings   Very Yellow Meetings EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 8:08 pm

Sydney nearly jumped when the boy asked if they were gonna kiss.
"W-We're not like that, yet! I-I mean-"
Merlin, he had said it now. He refused to let the blush take over his face, and focused instead on the cover of the book with pictures of guns.
Think of guns...guns are manly
He leaned back in his loveseat, and avoided Kyra's general direction. Merlin, everything just had to happen to him.
Back to top Go down
Kyra Henderson
Fourth Year
Kyra Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Very Yellow Meetings   Very Yellow Meetings EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 8:17 pm

Kyra widened her eyes when Pierre asked if she and Sid were going to kiss. That wasn't a very good idea, since her eyes were closed. Her vision sucked now.

"W-We're not like that, yet! I-I mean-" Sid cut off, blushing.

"Y-yet? W-what are you s-saying Sid?" she asked, blushing furiously and trying not to laugh. Because of Pierre's little outburst, she was embarrassed and kind of amused, but Sid was just the former. He had looked away.

She sighed a little bit and turned her head to the door.
Back to top Go down
Sydney Manette
Second Year
Sydney Manette

PostSubject: Re: Very Yellow Meetings   Very Yellow Meetings EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 8:24 pm

"I wasn't saying anything," he said to the Hufflepuff banner on the wall. All that yellow sure was blinding.
He glanced back at the two other Hufflepuffs, and shot the boy a slightly annoyed glare.
If he hadn't said that, Sydney wouldn't have said something stupid in response.
He tried to keep his mind on guns, but found he couldn't. "What is wrong with me?"he whispered to himself; probably too quiet for the others to hear. In all honesty, though, he really didn't understand why he'd freaked out so much. The boy had only been teasing them, right?
Back to top Go down
Pierre Korsten
Fourth Year
Pierre Korsten

PostSubject: Re: Very Yellow Meetings   Very Yellow Meetings EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 8:26 pm

Pierre smirked from behind his book as he adjusted his tie, satisfied. There. Now he's going to be getting a show. "So, Sydney," he used his full name as he hasn't been permission to use a shortened version, "Do you like guns?" he asked elegantly, glancing over the top of book. The boy was obviously a Quidditch fan, but Pierre liked his solid land, thank you very much. Not even Terry could drag him out to the family Pitch.
Back to top Go down
Sydney Manette
Second Year
Sydney Manette

PostSubject: Re: Very Yellow Meetings   Very Yellow Meetings EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 8:33 pm

Sydney felt a slight stab of annoyance at the other boy's smug look.
"Uh. Not particularly," once again feeling slightly uncomfortable, "They're okay."
Actually, Sydney knew squat about guns, but he hoped he could bluff his way through.
Again, he looked at everywhere but Kyra and her redheaded-ness. She was just too darn distracting, and that just wouldn't do.
He fidgeted with the cuffs of his shirt, and bit the inside of his cheek. He would have to pick his words carefully when he spoke, from now on.
Back to top Go down
Kyra Henderson
Fourth Year
Kyra Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Very Yellow Meetings   Very Yellow Meetings EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 10:33 pm

Kyra felt relief immediately when Sid answered Pierre's question. He wasn't one of those guys who would be all like "YEAH! VIOLENCE! BRING. IT. ON!"

She looked over to Pierre and said, "So, do you like guns?

Kyra saw Sid fidget with his sleeves' cuffs. She sighed slightly and felt kind of awkward.
Back to top Go down
Pierre Korsten
Fourth Year
Pierre Korsten

PostSubject: Re: Very Yellow Meetings   Very Yellow Meetings EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 10:42 pm

"Oh, I love them." Pierre smirked. "Got an AK for my birthday last year. I almost brought it with me, but the house elves found it before I could leave. My fa- my mother, she said she'll take care of it until I go home for break." he faltered before continuing.

"Enough about me. What do you two like to do?" he asked, somewhat curious. It was obvious that both knew little to nothing about guns.
Back to top Go down
Sydney Manette
Second Year
Sydney Manette

PostSubject: Re: Very Yellow Meetings   Very Yellow Meetings EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 10:49 pm

Sydney started after being addressed. He had expected the boy to just continue on talking to Kyra like nothing.
Without a second though, he blurted out, "Quidditch. It's the best sport in the whole world".
At least, it was in his opinion, and he was curious to know if the boy felt the same.
He already knew Kyra detested the sport, something he would have to change, but he hoped it was different for the other boy.
Straightening up in his seat, suddenly excited about what they were talking about, Sydney smiled. No matter what the conversation was about, it always heads back to Quidditch. He paid no mind, however, to the fact that a lot of the time it was him bringing it up.
Back to top Go down
Kyra Henderson
Fourth Year
Kyra Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Very Yellow Meetings   Very Yellow Meetings EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 10:59 pm

"You got a war-level gun for your birthday?" Kyra asked, thinking that he couldn't be serious. His face told her that he was.

"Quidditch," said Sid. Wow. With him, it always apparently ended up with Quidditch.

"I like vampires, Shakespeare, and music. Definitely those," she said with a small smile. She looked downward to the floor. Why was she still sort of embarrassed?
Back to top Go down
Pierre Korsten
Fourth Year
Pierre Korsten

PostSubject: Re: Very Yellow Meetings   Very Yellow Meetings EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:03 am

"Vampires? Like the idea, or the real life thing?" Pierre asked curiously. He had no idea what a 'Shakespeare' was, but oh well. "And yes, I did." Rolling his shoulders, Pierre withheld a yawn as he dropped his head back on the couch, closing his book and placing it on his lap.

Back to top Go down
Sydney Manette
Second Year
Sydney Manette

PostSubject: Re: Very Yellow Meetings   Very Yellow Meetings EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:18 am

Sydney shut his mouth, with no intention of opening it again, when he was ignored. It seemed that the other boy had a personal grudge, or something.
There was no other reason as to why he'd be so blatantly ignored.
He absentmindedly pulled at the hem of his shirt, making it come loose over his trousers. With his other hand, he made to pull at his tie only to remember it wasn't there.
"Where in the world is that stupid thing?"he mumbled to himself. He patted down his entire upper torso, but there was no tie anywhere. He looked in the seat besides him, and on the floor around the seat, but still couldn't see the familiar black-and-yellow tie.
Grimacing at his bad luck, Sydney leaned down to check under the seat.

"Aha!" He stretched his arm out to grab the tie and, in doing so, sent himself tumbling over the edge of the seat onto the floor in an unceremonious heap.
He rolled back from his neck down his spine so as to not hurt himself, and felt his leg collide painfully with the coffee table. He had to bite his tongue to stop himself from spouting the obscenities he almost cried out. Hissing in pain, Sydney sat upright with some trouble, and brought his legs towards his body as far as he could without making a sharp pain run through it. This day just kept getting better and better.
Back to top Go down
Kyra Henderson
Fourth Year
Kyra Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Very Yellow Meetings   Very Yellow Meetings EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:26 am

"Yeah, I like vampires. Have you ever met one-?" she asked, but was interrupted by Sid's "Aha!"

Kyra saw what was happening, the moment it was happening. Sid was there on the sofa one moment, then he was on the floor.

"SID! Are you okay?" she jumped up off the sofa and went to help her...friend up. She offered her hand for him to get up, and smiled. "Oh how the tables have turned, huh?"
Back to top Go down
Sydney Manette
Second Year
Sydney Manette

PostSubject: Re: Very Yellow Meetings   Very Yellow Meetings EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:38 am

Sydney clutched his leg to him and refused to look at Kyra's face while he used both her arm and the arm of the seat to lift himself up. This was beginning to feel like Deja Vu, and he didn't like it one bit.

"Oh how the tables have turned, huh?"

He took the briefest glance at Kyra to see her smiling at the familiar situation. It had only been yesterday that their roles had been reversed. "Looks like they have,"he said wryly. As soon as he had reached his full-height, he jumped up to see if his legs would give way when he landed. If they didn't, then he was probably fine. If they did, however, he'd be in a big problem. Landing with only a slight tingling sensation on his legs, Sydney assumed he was fine. He felt Kyra's arm jostle with him as he landed, and it was then he realized he was still holding onto her arm. Quickly letting go, he straightened up again, and turned to look at the other boy as if daring him to laugh. He turned back towards Kyra, "Uh..Thanks, Kyra,"
"I really appreciate it..." He didn't say that aloud, but instead opted on grinning sheepishly at the girl.
Back to top Go down
Pierre Korsten
Fourth Year
Pierre Korsten

PostSubject: Re: Very Yellow Meetings   Very Yellow Meetings EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:42 am

"Well, I'll leave you two lovebirds alone." Pierre smirked at the two. They were definitely going to be dating by third year. He stood up, rubbing his eyes briefly before grabbing his book and sling his bag over his shoulder casually and heading up to the dorm.

He had to figure out how he was going to avenge his Father.
Back to top Go down
Kyra Henderson
Fourth Year
Kyra Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Very Yellow Meetings   Very Yellow Meetings EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:56 am

"You're welcome Sid," she smiled.

"We're not lovebirds!" Kyra yelled as Pierre left her and Sid alone. She stood up and said, "Well, I think that I'll just get to bed. Good idea, don't you think?"

She gathered her bag and walked toward the dorms, wanting to go to sleep. "Oh, Sid? Do you need to go to the Hospital Wing?"
Back to top Go down
Sydney Manette
Second Year
Sydney Manette

PostSubject: Re: Very Yellow Meetings   Very Yellow Meetings EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 1:09 am

Sydney grinned back at the redhead's contagious smile as a response.
That smile didn't last very long. He turned away from Kyra as the boy called them "lovebirds" and tried to gather his things, which in his carelessness, were sprawled all over the Common Room.
He nodded and "mhmmed" when Kyra suggested going to bed; he just couldn't trust himself to speak.
As he bent over to get his things, he felt a sharp stab in his ankle every time, but stubbornly ignored it. He'd have to figure something out when he was alone, and when Kyra was fast asleep in her own Dormitory.

"Oh, Sid? Do you need to go the Hospital Wing?" he heard her call from behind him. Turning around and putting on a smirk he said, "As if a silly little coffee table could ever hurt me," He winked -like his father had taught him- at her to show he was only kidding, and made a show of bouncing up and down on his injured leg. Yet, even as he felt a sharp,almost-crippling pain in his leg, he resisted. He couldn't possibly inconvenience someone else, when he had injured himself.
"You go on up to bed. You look tired"
Back to top Go down
Kyra Henderson
Fourth Year
Kyra Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Very Yellow Meetings   Very Yellow Meetings EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 1:21 am

Kyra yawned and leaned against the door frame. She rolled her eyes when Sid said that he wasn't hurt and winked at her, but laughed almost silently when he jumped up and down.

"You go on up to bed. You look tired."

She sighed and said, "Alright. Just tell me if it hurts in the morning and we'll go to the Hospital Wing, yeah?"

She turned and walked into her dorm, hoping that Sid would be all right.
Back to top Go down
Sydney Manette
Second Year
Sydney Manette

PostSubject: Re: Very Yellow Meetings   Very Yellow Meetings EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 1:28 am

Sydney smiled cheekily at the redhead before agreeing to telling her the next morning if anything was wrong. It wasn't as if he'd really do that, anyway. Besides, he was going to somehow get the problem fixed later.
He waited until Kyra was out of sight, and probably out of ear-shot, before letting himself fall into a seat with a groan. He sure had gotten himself into a really bad situation, and it really didn't help that he probably hurt himself worse by jumping up and down. If wasn't for his silly pride, he'd probably be at least capable of walking to the Hospital Wing. Now, not only was he injured, but he was also too injured to get himself help. "Merlin, what a terrible situation..."he said to the yellow ceiling. How am I gonna get myself out of this one?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Very Yellow Meetings   Very Yellow Meetings Empty

Back to top Go down

Very Yellow Meetings
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next