Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

So.... Yellow is Nice.

Go down 
+4
Kyra Henderson
Natalie Olivier
Lachlan Normandy
Ethan Carter
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ethan Carter
First Year
Ethan Carter

So.... Yellow is Nice. Empty
PostSubject: So.... Yellow is Nice.   So.... Yellow is Nice. EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:35 pm

Ethan made his way to the Hufflepuff Common Room, walking along the first floor corridor, before heading off in the direction of his dormitory.

Seeing a suit of armour, Ethan laughed to himself, thinking about what Natalie said about Armour Tag. He really did want to play that game. It sounded like heaps of fun.

He finally made it to the common room and took a seat in one of the comfy armchairs that were an odd shade of yellow. He wasn't against yellow, per-say, but this particular shade did remind him of when he was super sick one day.. and... well.. yeah.

Ethan stretched out his legs, and yawned. He was beat.
Back to top Go down
Lachlan Normandy
Second Year
Lachlan Normandy

PostSubject: Re: So.... Yellow is Nice.   So.... Yellow is Nice. EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:41 pm

Lachlan walked into the Hufflepuff common room, singing "Think of Me" in her high soprano voice. Lion trotted along side of her, his tongue hanging out of the side of his mouth. He was very protective of her and barked at kids that got too close.

Thinking the common room was empty, she kept singing in her pretty voice. She usually hated when people heard her sing, even if her voice was amazing.

Suddenly, Lachlan noticed that a boy was lying on one of the couches. Lachlan stopped singing at once, but that wasn't before she knew he heard her.

"Hi," she said nervously, her face warming. "I didn't see you there."
Back to top Go down
Ethan Carter
First Year
Ethan Carter

PostSubject: Re: So.... Yellow is Nice.   So.... Yellow is Nice. EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:51 pm

Ethan blinked as he heard a voice coming from the entrance to the Common Room. He peaked around the armchair's arm rest to see where the voice was coming from. He saw a girl with a dog, and he was fairly certain that the dog wasn't the one singing; that would be incredible though.

"That's okay. I'm often overlooked," he told her, which was half true. He was often overlooked, which could explain why he was so random and crazy at times.

"Nice singing," he said, tempted to address the dog with that statement, rather than the girl, but he didn't want to look completely insane. He wasn't though, his mother had him tested.

Back to top Go down
Lachlan Normandy
Second Year
Lachlan Normandy

PostSubject: Re: So.... Yellow is Nice.   So.... Yellow is Nice. EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:56 pm

Lachlan blushed even deeper. Not only was she caught singing, but her hair was even curlier due to the weather here. Her brown hair was massive compared to usual.

"Thanks," she murmured. "I'm Lachlan Normandy. You can call me whatever you want though. Are you a first year too?" she wondered, sitting down across from him.

Lion jumped up and laid on her lap. Even though Lion was a German Shepherd, he was still a puppy. Lachlan was happy that Lion wasn't freaking out and barking. Usually, he liked to attack people that were near Lachlan. It was highly annoying.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

PostSubject: Re: So.... Yellow is Nice.   So.... Yellow is Nice. EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 12:03 am

Natalie entered the common room with a stack of books in her arms, all on the same subject- the Loch Ness Monster. She wasn't a particularly studious person, but it was the sort of thing that was right up her alley and she was determined to be the first one to actually find it, since it had to be sick of stupid tourists trying to take pictures of it every day. Maybe she'd bake it a cake. Monsters liked cake, didn't they? They had to. "Everyone likes cake," she said, unaware that she had said the last bit aloud.

She looked up and saw a girl with a dog and the boy she had met on the train. "Ethan, old chum!" she declared happily. "Who's this then?" she plunked the books down on the first year boy's lap and bowed deeply to the girl. "Natalie Olivier, at your service!"
Back to top Go down
Lachlan Normandy
Second Year
Lachlan Normandy

PostSubject: Re: So.... Yellow is Nice.   So.... Yellow is Nice. EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 12:08 am

Lachlan smiled at the girl who sat down. "Nice to meet you Natalie! I'm Lachlan Normandy or whatever amazing nickname you can come up with!" she sang in her naturally musical voice. Even though she hated singing in front of people, her voice somehow manages to sound a little like a song.

"What year are you in?" she wondered, still waiting for Ethan's (Which Natalie addressed him as) response. Lachlan was glad she she had met two Hufflepuffs.
Back to top Go down
Ethan Carter
First Year
Ethan Carter

PostSubject: Re: So.... Yellow is Nice.   So.... Yellow is Nice. EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 12:18 am

Ethan nodded at Lachlan. "Correctomondo. I word I have never used before, and hopefully never will again!" He was excited to start his first year at such a bizarre school.

Ethan suddenly felt a large weight and looked down to see a pile of books on his lap. He made a face, but didn't push them off, as he would have normally done if one of his family members decided to use him as a table.

"Wotcher Natalie!" Ethan said, in greeting.
Back to top Go down
Kyra Henderson
Fourth Year
Kyra Henderson

PostSubject: Re: So.... Yellow is Nice.   So.... Yellow is Nice. EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 1:18 am

Kyra was tired. Not just kind of sleepy tired, but the tired that comes from when you don't get enough for a week and you're exhausted and you have no idea what the heck is going on around you. Yup, that was how the girl felt.

Yawning, she walked into the Common Room, trying to get to her dorm as quickly as possible without being noticed. That plan went down the toilet as soon as she saw three other Puffs that she hadn't met yet.

"Oh. Hello. I don't think I've met any of you," she said, her eyes drooping slightly. "I'm Ky-Kyra Henderson. N-nice to see you all." She plopped down, right there on the floor. Hopefully she wouldn't fall asleep, especially since that time where she was studying late at night last year. That was a nightmare.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2126315/
Pierre Korsten
Fourth Year
Pierre Korsten

PostSubject: Re: So.... Yellow is Nice.   So.... Yellow is Nice. EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 6:55 pm

Pierre yawned as he entered the Common Room, rubbing his eyes tiredly as he hurried up to the dorm, changed out of his uniform and into a plain button up and jeans and went back into the Common Room, still exhausted. Who knew Herbology could be so....scary? Plopping down in a very cushy armchair, he yawned once more and wondered where his Pygmy Puff was, not noticing the two other third years and some firsties he recognized from the Sorting.
Back to top Go down
Lachlan Normandy
Second Year
Lachlan Normandy

PostSubject: Re: So.... Yellow is Nice.   So.... Yellow is Nice. EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 4:16 am

Lachlan grinned when she saw two other Hufflepuffs walk into the common room. One of them was the boy that she ran into at the park. "You're Pierre, right?" Lachlan wondered, pointing at the boy.

Lachlan then looked over at the girl who introduced herself as Kyra. "Nice to meet you Kyra! Do you want a nickname. Because nicknames are always cooler than actual names." Lachlan had an issue with her energy. She was always hyper because she had to deal with her cousin.

"So, let me get this straight! You're Ethan," she said pointing at the boy that heard her singing. "You're Natalie," pointing at the girl who walked in second. "And you are Kyra," pointing to the evidently exhausted girl. "And I met you, Pierre at the park." Lachlan usually had a hard time keeping track of names that why she preferred unique nicknames.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

PostSubject: Re: So.... Yellow is Nice.   So.... Yellow is Nice. EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 4:41 am

Natalie was tying up her hair into a messy bun when Kyra and Pierre walked in. She waved to both- well, she tried to; it was hard with her hands in her hair. Her fellow third years looked tired, but she decided to draft the first years into helping her with her project. She took one book off the stack and handed it the Lachlan, put another on the floor in front of Ethan, and moved the rest of the stack to a table. She handed another book from the stack to Ethan and grabbed the one off the floor that she'd set aside for herself before sitting down where it had been.

"First years, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to help me find out what the Loch Ness Monster likes to eat. I'm pretty sure it would like cake, but I want to be 100% sure before I go baking anything. Ready, go!" As she said go, she flipped her book open and started scanning through the pages to find any mention of food.
Back to top Go down
Lachlan Normandy
Second Year
Lachlan Normandy

PostSubject: Re: So.... Yellow is Nice.   So.... Yellow is Nice. EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 5:00 am

Lachlan smiled at Natalie. "I accept that challenge!" she exclaimed, scooting closer to Natalie as she began reading her book. Lachlan hated anything that had to do with books or studying, but she would make an exception when it came to the Loch Ness Monster. Plus, if Natalie mentioned baking things, then Lachlan would be so willing to help.

"If the Loch Ness Monster does like cake, then I'm your girl. I make a mean vanilla cake that any monster wouldn't be able to resist!" Lachlan explained, petting Lion's fur while his head was moving so quickly because he was trying to watch every single person.

Back to top Go down
Pierre Korsten
Fourth Year
Pierre Korsten

PostSubject: Re: So.... Yellow is Nice.   So.... Yellow is Nice. EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 2:05 pm

Pierre yawned widely as Natalie did something to the firsties. Shifting slightly, he pulled out the copy of Vogue had stashed under the seat cushion and opened it, flipping through the contents. Moving so he was sitting upside down, he didn't notice Lachlan talk about a 'Loch Ness Monster'. Flipping over a few perfume/cologne samples, he pursued the article on yoga, wondering how hard it would be to do the shown poses.
Back to top Go down
Lachlan Normandy
Second Year
Lachlan Normandy

PostSubject: Re: So.... Yellow is Nice.   So.... Yellow is Nice. EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 1:15 am

Lachlan noticed that Pierre had pulled out a Vogue magazine. Lachlan's mother was obsessed with fashion and anything that had to do with the high end things. Britton, Lachlan's mother, would go to New York Fashion Week with Leighton's mother. Leighton and Lachlan weren't aloud to go until they turned sixteen. It was a stupid rule that their parents had read.

"You like Vogue magazines too?" Lachlan wondered, smiling sweetly at Pierre. Lachlan didn't think that many Wizards were familiar with Muggle things like that. It was nice to meet a Wizard that at least knew about them.
Back to top Go down
Pierre Korsten
Fourth Year
Pierre Korsten

PostSubject: Re: So.... Yellow is Nice.   So.... Yellow is Nice. EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 1:28 am

"Uh-huh."
"Not like the European Fashion Weeks, but close enough." Pierre nodded as he saw a few pictures from the American's Fashion Week and showing it to Lachlan before taking it back, smirking when he finally found a few pages on mens fashion. Tom Ford had a new line of business wear...ooh, that blue silk was nice... Pierre's expert eye was going crazy as he eyed the next four pages. Deciding to have Howard retrieve them for him, he yawned went back to the yoga article.
Back to top Go down
Lachlan Normandy
Second Year
Lachlan Normandy

PostSubject: Re: So.... Yellow is Nice.   So.... Yellow is Nice. EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 1:37 am

Lachlan nodded in understanding as he showed her the pages and then took it back. She was itching to go to a fashion week. Lachlan made a mental note to owl her mother and ask her about it. Leighton and Lachlan deserved to go to one.

Standing up, Lachlan walked over and grabbed a book from the shelf. Lachlan hated reading, but she didn't know what else to do. The books title was 101 Ways to Train a Dog. Lachlan scoffed at her boring book choice. It was just her luck to do that.

Lachlan turned back toward the group. "I hate reading and now I remember why. I randomly grab a book and its about dog training." Lachlan's musical voice stated, her tone laced with amusement. Shaking her head, she put the book back on the shelf.
Back to top Go down
Kyra Henderson
Fourth Year
Kyra Henderson

PostSubject: Re: So.... Yellow is Nice.   So.... Yellow is Nice. EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 1:42 am

Kyra was in a sea of blackness. What the-?

Then she opened her eyes. Great. She'd zonked out, on the floor no less. She had to admit, the floor was pretty comfortable. She rubbed her eyes and saw Pierre on the sofa, reading Vogue. She wasn't really surprised about that. He did care about fashion after all.

"Oi, Pierre. When'd you get here?"
Back to top Go down
Pierre Korsten
Fourth Year
Pierre Korsten

PostSubject: Re: So.... Yellow is Nice.   So.... Yellow is Nice. EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 1:56 am

Pierre yawned. "about...five minutes ago. why" he asked his best friend, stretching. and tossing the magazine at Ki. "Page 189. That dress would be amazing on you."

It really would. It was a dark coral sundress with a chiffon skirt that poofed out, and white polka dot dotting the thick straps. Made by Armani, it fitted Ki's personality perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Kyra Henderson
Fourth Year
Kyra Henderson

PostSubject: Re: So.... Yellow is Nice.   So.... Yellow is Nice. EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 2:04 am

She was glad to hear that she hadn't been sleeping for that long. "Five minutes, eh?"

Pierre threw the magazine he was looking at at her, telling her to turn to a certain page. What she saw made her jump. It was a dress. A pretty one at that too. "What do you mean that it'd look amazing on me? I hardly ever wear dresses. You know that," Kyra said, confused. "Not that I don't love it, of course."
Back to top Go down
Pierre Korsten
Fourth Year
Pierre Korsten

PostSubject: Re: So.... Yellow is Nice.   So.... Yellow is Nice. EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 2:24 am

"Yes. By the way, have you seen a hot pink Airsoft gun around here?" Pierre asked the room at large.

Leaning over the armrest, Pierre glared playfully at his best friend. "You will wear that dang dress or Armani help you, I will get Terry to prank you all year." he threatened. "Sid will love it." he added, hoping it would bait her into doing it.
Back to top Go down
Makayla Hall
First Year
Makayla Hall

PostSubject: Re: So.... Yellow is Nice.   So.... Yellow is Nice. EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 7:06 am

Makayla walked into the Hufflepuff Common room and saw a crowd of people, half of which she didn't recognise, but one she did. Makayla had seen the boy, with the books in his lap, being sorted in Hufflepuff, and knew that he was a first year as well. She took a seat down next to him, hoping that she wasn't intruding in on anything. If that was the case, she'd happily leave the room and go up to her room.

Back to top Go down
Ethan Carter
First Year
Ethan Carter

PostSubject: Re: So.... Yellow is Nice.   So.... Yellow is Nice. EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 7:55 am

Ethan's eyes widened. He had always thought that the Loch Ness Monster didn't exist, and now Natalie is looking for food types for it! Craziness!

He turned as he felt rather than saw a body sit next to him. He didn't know who she was, but she looked shy.

"Hello," Ethan greeted. "Ethan's the name and being a makeshift table... well.. was my game. I guess I'm just the holder of one book now. Not much of a table, I guess."
Back to top Go down
Makayla Hall
First Year
Makayla Hall

PostSubject: Re: So.... Yellow is Nice.   So.... Yellow is Nice. EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 8:21 am

Makayla let out a giggle when he described himself as a table, or lack thereof. This boy was funny; she liked him already.

"Oh, I'm Makayla. Nice to meet you, Ethan." She glanced down at the book he was holding.

"What are you reading?" she asked him, fascinated about the magical world. Makayla was always eager to learn about new and different things but hadn't met very many people that she could discuss things with yet.
Back to top Go down
Ethanael Fitz
First Year
Ethanael Fitz

PostSubject: Re: So.... Yellow is Nice.   So.... Yellow is Nice. EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 6:29 pm

Ethanael entered the Common Room; he hadn't really gotten to know anybody, always preferring to stay alone, but perhaps it was high time that changed his ways.

Seeing a large crowd in the corner, he chose not to go towards them, and instead seat himself a little far away from them. Picking up his copy of Beetles and the Bard, he began to read quietly.
Back to top Go down
Pierre Korsten
Fourth Year
Pierre Korsten

PostSubject: Re: So.... Yellow is Nice.   So.... Yellow is Nice. EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 7:46 pm

Pierre looked up from his magazine as a new little firstie entered and sat down away from the group. "Oi, firstie," he called over, smirking. "Don't you wanna make some friends. I'm sure these other firsties will love to meet you." Glaring over at the little firsties, he asked them, "Don't you want to get to know the newest recluse?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So.... Yellow is Nice.   So.... Yellow is Nice. Empty

Back to top Go down

So.... Yellow is Nice.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next