Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Jail Break

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Samuel Jude Parker III
Second Year
Samuel Jude Parker III

Jail Break Empty
PostSubject: Jail Break   Jail Break EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 9:35 pm

Jude was sick of sitting around and doing nothing. He wanted to explore, see if there was a way out of this prison of a school. He knew that the third years and up were allowed to go to Hogsmeade on select weekends, so it stood to reason that after generations and generations of first and second years that someone had found a way to get there without being caught by a teacher.

He also knew that there was a secret passage on the fifth floor, but he had not explored it yet. He found the statue that hid the passage and whispered the password to it, which had taken him several interrogations to learn from one of the more rebellious second year Ravenclaws.

He paused when he heard someone coming and looked to see who it was.

Last edited by Samuel Jude Parker III on Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aurora Greengrass
Third Year
Aurora Greengrass

Jail Break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jail Break   Jail Break EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 12:24 am

Aurora was bored in her common room and decided to go explore the castle. She was bored and was sick and tired of sitting around studying and doing meaningless things. She wanted to have some fun and meet some cool people. So far everyone she had seen seemed like they were idiots. A school full of idiots wouldn't be fun. She hoped there was someone around who was actually intelligent.

As she walked through the corridors, she'd open doors and see if there were any secret passage ways or bathrooms, even a room with something cool she could explore. Even if she had to start a little bit of trouble she didn't care. On her journey she passed some Gyffindors and gave them dirty looks. It didn't matter to her if they were older than her, she despised Gryffindors.

Once she reached the fifth floor, she spotted a door that was partially opened and decided to go check it out. It didn't matter if the faculty caught her, she always knew how to get out of trouble. Besides, getting into trouble was fun. Getting out of it was just a bonus. She spotted a boy who looked about her age if not older in Slytherin robes. She smiled at him. "Hi Aurora Greengrass, Slytherin. Don't worry you aren't in trouble." She teased and walked farther into the room or whatever they were in.

Last edited by Aurora Greengrass on Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Samuel Jude Parker III
Second Year
Samuel Jude Parker III

Jail Break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jail Break   Jail Break EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 12:31 am

Jude saw a girl approaching and immediately relaxed; it wasn't a teacher or one of those bloody annoying Hufflepuffs going to turn him in. "Jude Parker, also Slytherin," he said gruffly in return. He would have been a bit more polite to her, but he wasn't really interested in sticking around the castle for the rest of the day.

He whispered the password to the statue again, and it slid ever so slightly to the side, allowing him to push it the rest of the way. "Well, Aurora Greengrass," he said, standing in front of the now open passageway, "In or out, take your pick."
Back to top Go down
Aurora Greengrass
Third Year
Aurora Greengrass

Jail Break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jail Break   Jail Break EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 12:57 am

Aurora watched the boy who introduced himself as Jude. "Pleasure." She said quickly. He didn't really seem like the talking type and she wasn't much of a talker either. It was easier just to get right to the point and avoid everything else. She couldn't help but wonder what he was doing and what his plans were. The only way she would find out is to join in. Hopefully they would be causing a little bit of trouble here and there.

"I'm a Slytherin, just like you, Jude. I think you know the answer." She smiled and walked past him into the open passageway. She looked around and waited for the boy to follow behind her unless he chickened out and ran away. That wouldn't be a wise choice on his part considering they were in the same house and she would be running into him again sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
Samuel Jude Parker III
Second Year
Samuel Jude Parker III

Jail Break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jail Break   Jail Break EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 1:10 am

Jude nodded to Aurora as she walked past him into the passageway, quickly stepping in behind her. Never having used this passage before, he was wondering if he should slide the statue back into place, when the statue made the decision for him. It closed itself, leaving them just enough light to be able to see where they were going.

He started to walk, since there was only one way to go now. "So Aurora Greengrass, I hope you're up for a long walk, because I honestly don't know where this is going to take us, or even if it will take us to the same place twice," he said.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Greengrass
Third Year
Aurora Greengrass

Jail Break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jail Break   Jail Break EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 1:23 am

Aurora looked behind her and saw Jude coming in behind her. When the statue closed, she decided they should probably get a move on. She didn't know what their goal was or where they were going and she didn't care. This was hopefully going to be a fun Slytherin bonding experience. All the Slytherin's had to stick together to avoid other idiocy.

"So Jude Parker. I'm up for anything. Don't worry about me. I'm not a typical girl who expects a boy to do all the work. I can hang with the boys just fine, especially the cute ones." She smirked. "At least this can be an interesting adventure for us." She shrugged and continued walking while looking around.
Back to top Go down
Samuel Jude Parker III
Second Year
Samuel Jude Parker III

Jail Break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jail Break   Jail Break EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 1:30 am

Jude snorted when she commented on her ability to keep up. At least she didn't seem to be part of the Stupid Brigade, so their little trip might not be an entire loss. "Just don't expect me to hold your hand if you get scared," he remarked.

He continued walking. They soon came upon a fork in the tunnel. It split into three different paths. One to the left, one to the right, and one straight ahead. "Choose," he said to her, giving her the opportunity to decide their fate.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Greengrass
Third Year
Aurora Greengrass

Jail Break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jail Break   Jail Break EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 1:36 am

Aurora couldn't help but scoff at Jude's comment. "Don't worry princess if it's anyone being afraid and grabbing someone's hand it's you being afraid and grabbing mine. I'm sure you'd love to hold my hand. Just remember you don't have to ask. My hand is always right here." She smirked even though he couldn't see it.

Now that they were at the fork in the road she wasn't sure where to go. He probably expected her to be nervous and try to hand the reigns over to him but she wasn't nervous one bit. Aurora was very headstrong. "Let's go right." She said and started to walk right hoping they wouldn't encounter anything dangerous.
Back to top Go down
Samuel Jude Parker III
Second Year
Samuel Jude Parker III

Jail Break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jail Break   Jail Break EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 1:56 am

Although he rolled his eyes at her comment, Jude was actually glad to see that she wasn't like the girls in other houses; she was much closer to Alli and Jasmine's mentality, and that meant they would get along just fine. "I'll keep that in mind, Princess," he tossed her little nickname right back at her.

"Right it is then," he turned just as she did and continued to walk. A light squeaking sound could be heard as a few rats scurried past them.

"How disgusting," he said. He knew that some students at the school kept rats, but the reason why was beyond him. They were dirty creatures that carried all sorts of diseases. "Is this school run by a bunch of stupid apes who don't know that rats don't belong in the castle? I can't wait to tell my father about this."
Back to top Go down
Aurora Greengrass
Third Year
Aurora Greengrass

Jail Break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jail Break   Jail Break EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 2:04 am

Aurora smirked when he used the nickname. "You know, that actually is my family nickname. Nice to hear it. I might be Slytherin but I adore my family." Even though she was young, Aurora was a flirt and loved being around a guy. It made her confidence increase and at that very moment she was feeling pretty confident. Her explorations were going well so far.

"Rats, my favorite." She said sarcastically. At least they shared the same dislike for rats. "My cat would have a field day playing with all these things. Maybe I could use him as a rat exterminator at some point." She smiled at the though. Aurora adored her sweet little kitten. "Your father will only hear about it if I don't tell mine first." She told him cockily as she walked.
Back to top Go down
Samuel Jude Parker III
Second Year
Samuel Jude Parker III

Jail Break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jail Break   Jail Break EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 2:12 am

Jude wasn't used to girls being quite so sure of themselves, save for Alli and Jasmine, and he found he quite liked it. He hated feeling like he was surrounded by damsels in distress waiting for him to save them. He especially hated it if they actually expected him to save them, which, of course, he wouldn't. Stupid girls.

"Good, set it loose down here. The school might even pay you for it if the Headmaster can stop procreating enough to pay attention to the problems. You know his whale of a wife just had twins. They've already got two kids. Soon enough they'll have a damn Quidditch team living in their house," he shook his head. He hadn't been impressed with Professor Cooper's Herbology class and he got the feeling that she was only in that post because her husband was the Headmaster.

"Some advice for you Rory, don't take Herbology," he said.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Greengrass
Third Year
Aurora Greengrass

Jail Break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jail Break   Jail Break EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 2:20 am

Aurora was glad that Jude was the cocky type. She hated gentle pushovers. She wanted someone who challenged her or someone who was at least at the same level as her. So far Jude was doing well but it was still way too soon to tell how things were going to end up. She knew she was different from most girls. There were probably a lot of wimpy girls who made themselves look ridiculous. Aurora wasn't one of those.

"I don't need the school's money Jude. My family has plenty of money thanks. I'll send my cat down here for free. As for the Headmaster maybe he should start taking more care of his school and stop expanding his family. Who knows maybe his salary increases if he has more kids. Some people do some sick things like that. Not everyone can be born into a wealthy family which is a shame. And don't worry. I hate flowers and plants. They're a waste of life." She really didn't like flowers. They were terribly ugly.
Back to top Go down
Samuel Jude Parker III
Second Year
Samuel Jude Parker III

Jail Break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jail Break   Jail Break EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 2:27 am

"I couldn't agree more," Jude said.

His hatred of plant life stemmed from his hatred for his mother and her "special friend," who was also their gardener, but Aurora didn't need to know that.

He continued walking until they came upon a blockage in the tunnel. There appeared to have been a cave in.

Not willing to resort to actual physical labor (that was for servants and employees, thank you very much), Jude turned on his heel and went back the other way. "I think we'll try the middle one, this time," he said to Aurora.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Greengrass
Third Year
Aurora Greengrass

Jail Break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jail Break   Jail Break EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 2:32 am

Aurora was glad they were getting along well since she didn't really get along with most people. It was refreshing to speak to someone who wasn't a complete idiot and could actually hold a conversation. Maybe going to Hogwarts wouldn't be such a bad experience after all. It seemed to be going well so far even though Jude was the first and only person she had met so far.

When they reached the blockage, Aurora sighed. This wasn't where she expected to end up. She didn't know where they'd end up but she certainly didn't expect this. She nodded in agreement and turned around so they could find their way back. "Hey Jude. If I'm being honest, the only thing I am afraid of running into is a Basilisk. I've heard stories about those. I don't want you to save me, I just wanted to warn you."
Back to top Go down
Samuel Jude Parker III
Second Year
Samuel Jude Parker III

Jail Break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jail Break   Jail Break EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 2:37 am

Jude snorted. "Don't be ridiculous. We're not going to run into a Basilisk," he said, smirking with the unlikeliness of finding such a rare creature in their crappy little school.

They passed the rats and made it to the fork, turning down the middle one this time. "So Rory, what classes are you taking if you're not taking Plant-Loving 101?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Greengrass
Third Year
Aurora Greengrass

Jail Break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jail Break   Jail Break EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 2:40 am

Aurora glared at Jude. "I'll keep that in mind when we actually come across one and you're standing there peeing your pants asking me to rescue you. I'll allow the creature to eat you and use your bones as floss. Don't expect me to come and save you." She couldn't help but smirk evilly. It would be a funny story to tell if anything did happen to him.

When he asked what classes she was taking, she bit her lip to try to remember. She hated having to shop for her school supplies and picking her classes. "umm." She hesitated. "I'm taking Divination and Transfiguration. I was going to take Potions but I decided not to. What about you?"
Back to top Go down
Samuel Jude Parker III
Second Year
Samuel Jude Parker III

Jail Break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jail Break   Jail Break EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 2:50 am

"History of Magic, Ancient Runes, and Herbology," Jude spat out the last word as if he was truly offended by saying it. "My mother insisted," he figured giving a simple explanation would be best.

"It doesn't really matter. I want to go into business with my father when I'm done with school, so I'm just biding my time right now," he said. His father dealt in rare magical artifacts, a few of which tended to have sordid histories, and he was fascinated by the career. He could see himself doing nothing else.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Greengrass
Third Year
Aurora Greengrass

Jail Break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jail Break   Jail Break EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 2:56 am

The other two don't sound so bad but Herbology? Really? That's disgusting. I'd be ashamed to share that information with anyone even if I was forced to take that class. My parents had the whole year planned for me and for the first time in my life I did what I wanted and not what they wanted. I have to admit it was quite a liberating experience. Maybe someday you can do that for yourself too." So she had spoke a lot more than she originally planned to but there was nothing wrong with that.

"I don't know what I could do after I leave her. I could stay home and do nothing because of the family money but I want to be responsible for something whether it's modeling or something else. Modeling would be fun when I'm older. They have a lot of cute outfits. There are so many possibilities." Aurora thought she was too young to think about her career but maybe she should start.
Back to top Go down
Samuel Jude Parker III
Second Year
Samuel Jude Parker III

Jail Break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jail Break   Jail Break EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 3:03 am

Jude couldn't help but be a small bit offended that Aurora didn't think he could assert himself to his mother. "She insisted, and my father asked me to humor her. I don't think I'll be taking it again next year. She will just have to get over it," he said.

In Jude's eyes, his father was a respectable man, and he did what his father asked of him, even if it meant listening to his tramp of a mother.

He wasn't impressed with her possible career choice either. "Look, just because you're pretty enough to be a model doesn't mean that you should be. You've got brains, don't waste them," he advised. "If you do, you'll turn into one of those mindless fashion drones who only cares about what dresses come out next year," he rolled his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Greengrass
Third Year
Aurora Greengrass

Jail Break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jail Break   Jail Break EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 3:11 am

"If you say so Jude, if you say so." Aurora smiled at Jude trying to get him to move on from the current subject. The last thing she wanted to hear about was how he wanted to make mommy and daddy happy. The easiest way to shut someone up was to tell them what they wanted to hear. It really was better that way.

She scoffed at the compliment. "I know I'm pretty Jude, tell me something I don't already know. As for the dresses thing, my mom takes care of that. She spends the family money on her clothes and accessories. At least my siblings and I were always dressed well. I haven't decided 100% on being a model. It's just one of my options. I have plenty of time to decide."
Back to top Go down
Samuel Jude Parker III
Second Year
Samuel Jude Parker III

Jail Break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jail Break   Jail Break EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 3:17 am

"That you do, but that doesn't mean you should waste your mind," Jude was starting to fear that it was hopeless to argue with her. If she was the type of girl to want to rest on her good looks forever then so be it. He just hoped she knew that looks faded.

They continued to walk down the second path. There weren't any rats, which was a good sign, which meant that there was probably an opening somewhere. Soon, they came upon a door. Jude opened it and stuck his head through. He could see students walking past but they didn't seem to notice him. Across the hallway, he could see a portrait of two wizards dueling, who quickly dropped their wands and resorted to muggle fighting.

He recognized it, and where they were in the castle. He tried to think of what would be across from the painting, where he was standing. "We must be behind the mirror on the second floor," he said to Aurora. "Well that's rubbish. I wanted to get out of the castle, not just closer to the ground."

He stepped back so that she could look at the scene. "Although, it would be a good spot to spy..."
Back to top Go down
Aurora Greengrass
Third Year
Aurora Greengrass

Jail Break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jail Break   Jail Break EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 3:24 am

Aurora sighed. This guy was just as impossible as all the rest. She never said it was a definite thing. "If it makes you feel any better I'll start researching possible careers and things like that. Happy now, princess?" She grinned at him smugly. He was impossible but he was kind of fun all at the same time. This probably was going to go well sooner or later. Right now things were still a little weird because they were only getting to know each other.

It was interesting to watch everything in front of her. None of the students even gave them a look they all continued on their way like nothing was happening. When he mentioned spying, she raised an eyebrow. "What exactly is there to spy on? There are just some stupid Hufflepuffs and Gryffindors walking by. Oh, how I hate Gryffindors." She growled gently and leaned against the wall. When she did so, she heard a loud noise and looked around trying to figure out what just happened.
Back to top Go down
Samuel Jude Parker III
Second Year
Samuel Jude Parker III

Jail Break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jail Break   Jail Break EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 3:34 am

"They are a pain, aren't they? Still it's always good to have some kind of blackmail material," Jude replied.

He heard a loud noise and turned to look at Aurora, since she was the only other living this in this tunnel and therefore the source of the noise. It seemed that she had heard it but did not know where it came from, judging from the way she was looking around.

The wall behind her was slightly indented, as if her leaning against it had opened yet another secret passage. He cleared his throat and nodded behind her so that she would turn and see what had happened.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Greengrass
Third Year
Aurora Greengrass

Jail Break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jail Break   Jail Break EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 3:37 am

Aurora nodded. "Well I guess you're right. But they're so boring. I doubt you'd get anything interesting off of them." When she looked at him again, she saw him nod and she looked behind her. She grinned sheepishly for not noticing before. "Let's go explore some more." She smiled and opened the passageway before walking through it. This one was lit a little bit better than the other one was. Maybe they'd find something interesting along the way.
Back to top Go down
Samuel Jude Parker III
Second Year
Samuel Jude Parker III

Jail Break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jail Break   Jail Break EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 3:49 am

"You will if you are patient enough," Jude said in response. He would know. He had gathered a lot of information thanks to his ability to wait; he couldn't wait to use it either. He just had to wait for the right moment to appear.

He followed her into the new passageway, wondering where it went. If it just continued to go further down into the school, he would be sorely disappointed. "What's your favorite thing about Hogwarts so far?" he asked, just to keep the conversation going as they walked along the passage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jail Break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jail Break   Jail Break Empty

Back to top Go down

Jail Break
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next