Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Herbo Lesson 2

Go down 
+14
Serenity McAdams
Kyra Henderson
Jenn Black
Samuel Jude Parker III
Allison Walker
Terry Berbatov
Pierre Korsten
Lachlan Normandy
Fiona Millington
Benjamin Tyler
Emily Sparrow
Liz McCutney
Hester Alderman
Erika Cooper
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Erika Cooper
Herbology Professor
Erika Cooper

Herbo Lesson 2 Empty
PostSubject: Herbo Lesson 2   Herbo Lesson 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 4:22 pm

Erika entered the brightly lit greenhouse and smiled. It was a new year and that meant plenty of new students. She pushed the board away from the front of the room since she wouldn't be needing it for that particular lesson. Her shipment had finally arrived from a grower in Spain, which meant that her class could do the lesson that she'd been putting off. She put a stack of trays on the desk, along with a gigantic pot which contained everything they would need. With nothing to do but wait, she hopped up onto the desk and sat between the trays and the pot, patiently awaiting the arrival of her students.

-Post your arrivals now, class will start when I feel like it-
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

Herbo Lesson 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herbo Lesson 2   Herbo Lesson 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 4:37 pm

Hester pushed open the greenhouse door. She had really enjoyed this class in the past, and now she was a third year, she was excited as to what interesting things they would be doing.

She sat at one of the desks and looked over at the teacher's desk. It looked like today they would be doing something practical, which she was glad of. The last lesson had all been answering questions and stuff, which was interesting but nowhere near as good as a practical.

She got out her book, parchment, quill, ink and gloves, and then checked her pocket to make sure her wand was at hand. When she knew that she was fully prepared, she relaxed, waiting for the others to arrive.
Back to top Go down
Liz McCutney
Third Year
Liz McCutney

Herbo Lesson 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herbo Lesson 2   Herbo Lesson 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 4:49 pm

Liz hesitated before entering the large glass house filled with exotic plants. She hadn't taken Herbology the year before and wasn't entirely sure what to expect; all she knew so far was that the teacher was the Ravenclaw Head of House and they were studying plants. Nervously, she entered and took a seat in the middle of an empty row of chairs. She watched the teacher curiously; what would they be doing?
Back to top Go down
Emily Sparrow
Fourth Year
Emily Sparrow

Herbo Lesson 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herbo Lesson 2   Herbo Lesson 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 12:17 pm

Emily was glad to be back at school and glad to be goign to herbology. She entered the green house ecited about starting the lesson. She wonderw hat they were doing today as she took a seat next to Hester who she hadn't seen in a while, she smiled at her fellow gryffindor before loking round about her. There was a ravenclaw she dind't know and professor cooper who was at the front. She hoped the rest of class would arrive soon so they could start.

She thoughand hoped they would be doing a practical lesson but just to be prepared she took out her quill, ink and parchment aswell as her textbook.
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Tyler
First Year
Benjamin Tyler

Herbo Lesson 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herbo Lesson 2   Herbo Lesson 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 2:21 pm

I walked out the castle and down to the greenhouses, with all the things I suposed I needed, hoping that there wouldn't be something I missed. The weather was hot and I dreaded to have to go in a classroom full of plants, I could bet that the atmosphere would be all humid, sighing I reached the greenhouses and put my backpack on the racks.

Looking around, I noticed that I was the only boy in the classroom, and wondered if there would be any other male in this class, definitel I didn't want to work with a girl. The air inside the classsroom was indeed humid and heavier than the air outside, but thankfully it was colder, thankful for this, I took the gloves, some parchment, quill and ink and went to the desks wher I sat down.

A smile crept up my face when I saw the teacher sitting on top of the desk, it probably meant that she wasn't uptight, and maybe the class would be entertained and fun, besides, I noticed that there wasn't a chalkboard, it wasn't a problem for me, I had learned to take really good notes. While I waited for the class to start, I tried to pass the time ripping off a small piece of wood that was sticking out from the table.
Back to top Go down
Fiona Millington
First Year
Fiona Millington

Herbo Lesson 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herbo Lesson 2   Herbo Lesson 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 2:44 pm

Fiona entered the Herbology greenhouse with a slightly intrigued expression. The various plants were like none she had ever seen before, and that was probably because she was raised by Muggles. The first year Ravenclaw girl merely glanced at the plants, so as not to seem too interested, before she turned her attention to the other occupants of the greenhouse.

There were three other girls in the room (excluding Professor Cooper) and a boy. Two of them she had seen in Centenary Park before school, the red haired girl and the boy. They had been part of that whole raccoon incident. Her name was Hester, if Fiona recalled correctly, but she didn't know the boy's name, despite the fact that they had been in the same compartment on the Hogwarts Express. Fiona didn't particularly have anything against either of them, but when she thought back to it, she had probably given them both reason not to like her. Fiona internally shrugged it off. She had never been very good at first impressions. At least, not when it came to other children.

The other two girls she had never seen before, and so she took a seat closer by the teacher and isolated away from everyone else. She gave Professor Cooper a small nod as a greeting. She didn't want to get on any of the teacher's bad sides with rude manners, but she didn't much like breaking silences like these. No one was talking; although Fiona couldn't exactly say that she disliked silence. Fiona noticed that the teacher seemed to have prepared for a practical lesson, but Fiona took out her textbook anyways. She started flipping through her textbook to see if she'd be able to guess what they might be doing that day. The professor didn't seem like she would be terribly strict or anything, which Fiona supposed was good. She began reading different passages as the class waited for others to arrive.
Back to top Go down
Lachlan Normandy
Second Year
Lachlan Normandy

Herbo Lesson 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herbo Lesson 2   Herbo Lesson 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:02 pm

Lachlan entered the green house, all of what she needed in her arms. From what Lachlan could see, she only knew Fiona. Lachlan was nervous about not knowing anyone else. So, taking a chance Lachlan walked over and took a seat next to Fiona.
Lachlan noticed that Fiona was sitting in a partly isolated area. Lachlan just hoped that she wouldn't mind her sitting by Fiona.
Giving a polite nod to the professor, she flashed a smile at Fiona. Maybe Fiona would open up more and Lachlan would meet some other people in this class.
Back to top Go down
Pierre Korsten
Fourth Year
Pierre Korsten

Herbo Lesson 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herbo Lesson 2   Herbo Lesson 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:26 pm

Pierre hurried down through the grounds, towards the greenhouses, hoping he wasn't late. Entering the greenhouse, he blinked at the excess of girls. The only other boy there was a first year, judging by his height. He could've been a second year too...oh well. First year, second year, he was the only other boy in the greenhouse. And unless Ki was taking this class, then Pierre wasn't sitting next to a girl.

Heading over next to him, the tall third year sat, taking out his text book and fiddling with his wand idly.
Back to top Go down
Terry Berbatov
Fourth Year
Terry Berbatov

Herbo Lesson 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herbo Lesson 2   Herbo Lesson 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:32 pm

Terry entered the greenhouse happily- finally Ivy and her were sharing a class! Seeing that her cousin was sitting next to a Gryffindor boy. Shrugging, Terry spotted Liz and smiled at her as she sat down, getting out her textbook. Eying the various plants that weren't there a few years ago warily, she bared her teeth at a strange species of vine who had just...growled at her?
Back to top Go down
http://bamfbbffs.tumblr.com
Allison Walker
Fourth Year
Allison Walker

Herbo Lesson 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herbo Lesson 2   Herbo Lesson 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 5:00 am

Alli surveyed the people in the classroom when she got there. What a dismal looking bunch. She couldn't remember what had possessed her to take Herbology again, since she'd hated it the first time around, yet here she was again. She slid into a seat in the back as far away from everyone else as she could get. She didn't want to get infected with their general happiness. It was sickening. She left all of her things in her bag, since it didn't look like they'd be taking any notes or anything.
Back to top Go down
Samuel Jude Parker III
Second Year
Samuel Jude Parker III

Herbo Lesson 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herbo Lesson 2   Herbo Lesson 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 5:08 am

Jude's mother had, again, insisted that he take Herbology. Suffering through one year of the subject had been bad enough, but two? That was pure torture. He couldn't wait until he was old enough to travel with his father for work; then he could leave that awful woman behind.

His face immediately contorted into a look of disgust as he entered the greenhouse. It was always dirty and smelly in there and he hated it. He sat by Alli without a word, silently brooding at how he'd been unfortunate enough to end up here again.
Back to top Go down
Jenn Black
Second Year
Jenn Black

Herbo Lesson 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herbo Lesson 2   Herbo Lesson 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 7:06 pm

Jenn walked into Herbology, everything that she needed for the class in her arms and in the small bag to her side -that was holding the things such as parchment, quills, and ink. She took an empty seat and awaited the Professor, Professor Cooper, to begin the class, and for some other classmates to show up, hopefully she would know a few.
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Tyler
First Year
Benjamin Tyler

Herbo Lesson 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herbo Lesson 2   Herbo Lesson 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 4:17 pm

As I was sitting there, a really tall boy came up and seated next to me. He looked to be minimun a third year, he did that after looking around, I guess he didn’t like girls either, and I instantly liked him, girls were definitely overrated and someone who evidently preferred to sit with an unknown first year over sitting with the girls that were in the classroom, was on my good side, not like it mattered, but still.

I nodded as a greeting to him but didn’t say a word, and went back to what I was doing before.
Back to top Go down
Fiona Millington
First Year
Fiona Millington

Herbo Lesson 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herbo Lesson 2   Herbo Lesson 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 11:05 pm

Fiona spotted a familiar face out of the corner of her eye, and was slightly surprised when someone decided to take a seat next to her. She turned so she could more properly see, and Lachlan Normandy turned out to be sitting beside her, offering her a small smile after giving a polite nod to the teacher. Fiona was hesitant at first, but she gave her a small smile, barely noticeable unless someone were really paying attention. "Hello, Lachlan," she said softly in greeting, before turning back to face her book. She closed it, preferring to just wait until the teacher started over reading for now.

In truth, she was quite glad to see a familiar face among the sea of classmates. Really, she was also quite glad Lachlan didn't seem too upset over how Fiona had acted the last time they had met. They hadn't parted on the best of terms, so knowing things weren't tense between the two was a relief. Fiona shot a glance towards the teacher, wondering if they'd start soon, but her shockingly blue eyes soon drifted down to the table again, with a sigh of slight boredom inadvertently escaping her lips. It hadn't been long yet, but she wished they could do something. Many people had entered the room by now, and she wondered just how many more people would be arriving before class finally started.
Back to top Go down
Kyra Henderson
Fourth Year
Kyra Henderson

Herbo Lesson 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herbo Lesson 2   Herbo Lesson 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 11:15 pm

Kyra rushed to the Herbology Greenhouse, running as fast as her legs would allow. Her robes were billowing behind her, giving the impression of droopy wings from the front. Her hair had been put in a ponytail to keep it from getting knots (teenage vanity had already set in, and she wasn't keen on the idea), but it seemed like it was of no use.

She ran into the Greenhouse, barely stopping to open the door. She took deep, even breaths, trying to get some much needed oxygen in her lungs. The girl saw her best friend and took the chance to sit next to him. Following his example, she took out her book also, skimming through. "Cool...Pierre, look at this," she said, poking the boy in the arm.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2126315/
Serenity McAdams
Second Year
Serenity McAdams

Herbo Lesson 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herbo Lesson 2   Herbo Lesson 2 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 6:04 pm

I made my way into the Herbology classroom with a somewhat bored look on my expression. I wasn't thrilled that classes had started, but I knew I would get over it. With my supplies under my arm, I slipped into one of the empty seats, waiting for the class to - unfortunately - begin.
Back to top Go down
Brianna Carter
Fourth Year
Brianna Carter

Herbo Lesson 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herbo Lesson 2   Herbo Lesson 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 12:37 am

Bri pulled her hair back as she walked into the greenhouse for Herbology. It had become habit after getting it pulled by one of the plants last year. She sat in the first empty seat that she could find and wondered what they would be doing for that lesson, since it didn't appear that they were going to be taking notes.
Back to top Go down
Adreis Conners
Second Year
Adreis Conners

Herbo Lesson 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herbo Lesson 2   Herbo Lesson 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 8:09 pm

Dree had overslept. again. She pulled her hair into a quick, messy bun before grabbing her bag (which was exploding with papers and textbooks) before runnng out of the dorm as fast as she couldand heading towards the greenhouses.

She grabbed the handle of the door and caught her breath before opening the door and walking into the class. She slid into the seat next to Bri. "Hey." She smiled breathlessly. "Man I need to stop oversleeping..."
Back to top Go down
Raven Drake
Second Year
Raven Drake

Herbo Lesson 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herbo Lesson 2   Herbo Lesson 2 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 1:24 pm

After fighting Gil for his covers, the stupid mutt thought he was trying to play tug-of-war instead of making his bed haphazardly. Raven had hurried through getting ready. Tie still a bit crooked and shirt untucked, he barely had time to get to the Great Hall and eat breakfast. With a piece of toast sticking out of his mouth, he ran down to the Green Houses.

Nearly choking on the burnt, really how could it be burnt? toast, he the boy stopped outside the green houses to collect himself. Quickly finishing off the toast he slipped inside to find it full just about. Sighing he took a seat in the back and looked around at the other students. It didn’t look as if the professor had started, so he seemed to be in luck there. Not so lucky were some of the students he saw. Nearly groaning when he saw the stuck up prat of a girl from the train.

That had been pretty dismal to find out he’d be stuck in the same house as her for the next six years. Luckily she was a year older so would be leaving before he was. That was something to look forward to. Then again, he was secretly training his puppy to use the girl’s shoes as a loo. Thinking of that brightened his mood. Sitting with hands folded on the table he waited for class to start.
Back to top Go down
Peter Wiggin
Second Year
Peter Wiggin

Herbo Lesson 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herbo Lesson 2   Herbo Lesson 2 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 1:47 pm

Having never taken Herbology or even gardening before, Peter was quite interested in it. Not necessarily for wanting to learn about boring plants, but more for the understanding why it was needed in conjunction with Potions. That was why the Ravenclaw found himself in the green house and sitting next to the boy he’d found vandalizing the boy’s bathroom. Taking out his quill, ink, parchment, and book, he waited for the class to start.
Back to top Go down
Erika Cooper
Herbology Professor
Erika Cooper

Herbo Lesson 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herbo Lesson 2   Herbo Lesson 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 2:59 am

"Hello everyone, welcome to Herbology. For those of you who are new students or just joining us for the first time, my name is Professor Cooper and, obviously, I teach Herbology," Erika smiled at the class and summoned a tray of supplies so that she could show them what they were going to be doing that lesson.

"We're going to skip the notes today and jump straight in with a practical lesson. We're going to work with two different plants today, both of which do very different things. We'll start with the Puffapod."

She was about to continue but she realized that if they were going to follow along, they would need supplies. "Everyone please collect a tray from the left counter and return to your seats," she instructed.

Each tray contained a round, pink pod about the size of a bludger, a pair of gloves, and a small knife. "Please do not touch your knives yet, I would prefer to keep injuries to a minimum!" she called over the noise of the students getting their supplies.
Back to top Go down
Allison Walker
Fourth Year
Allison Walker

Herbo Lesson 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herbo Lesson 2   Herbo Lesson 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 3:09 am

Alli got up quickly to get her tray so that she could try to avoid being jostled by any over-excited students. She still didn't know why she was taking this class since she despised it, but she was stuck here now so she just did what she had to do. She grabbed a tray and started to go back to her seat when someone bumped into her. She glared at the person, then sat in her seat and waited for the annoying blond woman to start talking again.
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

Herbo Lesson 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herbo Lesson 2   Herbo Lesson 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 3:30 am

Hester got up to get her tray, managing, amazingly, to avoid getting bumped or jostled. She picked one and then sat back down at her desk with it.

She put her parchment and ink back in her bag; she was relived they wouldn't be taking notes, they did that in so many other classes.

She waited, staring at the interesting equipment on her tray, wondering what they would be doing.
Back to top Go down
Liz McCutney
Third Year
Liz McCutney

Herbo Lesson 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herbo Lesson 2   Herbo Lesson 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 8:42 am

Of course, as soon as Liz found her way to the tray someone bumped into her and made her finger brushed the knife, which cause for an almost instant flow of blood, she cringed, wrapping the wounded finger up in her shirt and precariously taking it back to her seat with only her good hand. As soon as she sat down (it was a miracle she hadn't dropped everything on someone's head), she began blowing on it and hoping desperately that Mrs. Cooper had noticed and had a band-aid.
Back to top Go down
Jenn Black
Second Year
Jenn Black

Herbo Lesson 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herbo Lesson 2   Herbo Lesson 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 8:54 am

Jenn found her was towards the trays, accidentally bumping into a few people on her way there. She picked up one the trays that they would be needing for today's class and slowly made her way back to her seat, careful to not be bump or be bumped. Jenn was very excited for her first Herbology lesson.

Last edited by Jenn Black on Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo...)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Herbo Lesson 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herbo Lesson 2   Herbo Lesson 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Herbo Lesson 2
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next