Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

An Ice Cream After The Park

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

An Ice Cream After The Park Empty
PostSubject: An Ice Cream After The Park   An Ice Cream After The Park EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 5:42 am

Hester pushed open the door and stepped inside the ice cream parlour. She had been here before, last year, but then she had been on her own. This time she had a friend. She smiled to herself and held the door open for Serenity.

"What are you going to have?" she asked. "I might have the peanut butter one; I know I like that one."

Inside the Ice Cream Parlour was bright and cheerful, although the noise level was low and, surprisingly, there weren't many other students in there.
Back to top Go down
Serenity McAdams
Second Year
Serenity McAdams

PostSubject: Re: An Ice Cream After The Park   An Ice Cream After The Park EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 12:19 pm

I stepped inside the ice cream parlour, offering a small smile of thanks to Hester as she held the door open for me. Taking a moment to debate her question as I walked closer to the counter, I turned around so I was facing her again. Peanut butter ice cream did sound rather enticing, I was also sort of having a craving for chocolate chip cookie dough.. I didn't want to experiment with any of the rather odd flavors. Not today, at least.

"I think it's going to be chocolate chip cookie dough for me." I replied with a decided nod, before stepping to the side to let Hester order first. I wasn't sure where the polite gesture had come from because usually I'd go ahead and order without a care. But I felt it was the least I could do. After all, she was doing a rather good job at putting up with me. Not to mention she did it all with a smile.

We were such opposites, and yet I could eventually see myself getting along with her.. that said something.
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

PostSubject: Re: An Ice Cream After The Park   An Ice Cream After The Park EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 3:44 pm

"Cookie dough does sound nice," said Hester dubiously. She paused. "Nah, I think I'll have the peanut butter. You'll have to tell me if the cookie dough's nice."

She stepped up to the counter seeing as Serenity had stepped aside to let her. That was polite, she thought. She liked the fact that Serenity seemed to be slowly getting used to her. Things were only worth it if you had to work for them, and she was certainly having to work for this friendship, but she could already see the results.

"Can I have a peanut butter icecream with chopped nuts, please," Hester asked the shop assistant, and handed over her money.

She stood licking her ice cream while Serenity ordered.
Back to top Go down
Serenity McAdams
Second Year
Serenity McAdams

PostSubject: Re: An Ice Cream After The Park   An Ice Cream After The Park EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 12:26 am

I nodded my head without hesitation when she mentioned how nice cookie dough sounded, but shrugged with indifference when she decided to stick to her peanut butter. "I'll be sure to do so." I said with a slight chuckle. I had no problem expressing to her how wonderful the flavor tasted. It had always been a favorite of mine, ever since I was a small child.

I fell into step behind Hester once she stepped in front of me, and waited as patiently as was possible for me as she ordered. Once she finished I stepped past her and to the counter, pausing to make sure I really wanted my flavor before ordering. "Three scoops of chocolate chip cookie dough in a cup?" I slid the amount of money across the counter as my ice cream was handed to me.

Taking a bite I sighed in contentment as I came up on the side of Hester once more, looking at her expectantly. Almost as if I was asking, 'now what?'
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

PostSubject: Re: An Ice Cream After The Park   An Ice Cream After The Park EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 5:03 am

"Do you wanna sit in here?" Hester asked. "Or outside? It's a nice day."

There were some tables and chairs just outside of the cafe, and Hester wondered if it would be nice to site out there. She decided to leave the decision up to Serenity, if she wanted to decide.

The girl seemed to be feeling more relaxed around Hester, at least that was what it seemed like. That she was finally getting used to her. Hester felt a sense of achievement. There was still a long way to go, but it seemed as if they were, if not friends yet, then something more than acquaintances.
Back to top Go down
Serenity McAdams
Second Year
Serenity McAdams

PostSubject: Re: An Ice Cream After The Park   An Ice Cream After The Park EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 4:19 pm

I considered the question I had been asked for a moment, then with a shrug I began walking toward the door. "Outside. I like to enjoy all the warm weather I can." I replied with a chuckle, and pushed the door open, hesitating before I held it open for Hester.

This.. polite thing was really strange, but I supposed if she was willing to try with someone like me, then I should at least try a little too. A friendship wouldn't work if only one side was trying. I wasn't going to lie, I did feel at least a bit more comfortable around the older girl. I wouldn't consider us friends just yet.. but well. We were on our way.
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

PostSubject: Re: An Ice Cream After The Park   An Ice Cream After The Park EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 1:27 pm

Hester smiled as Serenity held the door open. She ducked through.

"Thanks," she said, and then waited for Serenity to follow.

"Here?" she asked, pointing to a table shaded by a striped parasol. "Or here?" Another table, this time without a parasol. She licked her ice cream, which was beginning to melt slightly.
Back to top Go down
Serenity McAdams
Second Year
Serenity McAdams

PostSubject: Re: An Ice Cream After The Park   An Ice Cream After The Park EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 2:10 pm

I followed Hester outside once she ducked through the door, and I wondered after her as I took a bite of my ice cream. "Yep." I replied with a small nod, keeping my gaze in front of me. I still couldn't quite get over the fact that I was being so.. well. Not like myself. Perhaps it wasn't so hard to be this way.. after all, I hadn't been doing that well in the making friends department, and I was well aware it was all due to my attitude.

"Here's fine." I announced, wandering over and taking a seat at the first table she'd suggested. I took another bite of my ice cream, idly wondering what we could talk about now.
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

PostSubject: Re: An Ice Cream After The Park   An Ice Cream After The Park EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 2:17 pm

Hester licked her ice cream thoughtfully. She knew that she didn't have long before she had to go meet her cousin and get the train home.

"I can't stay too long," she said, feeling sad, even though Serenity was difficult to talk to. She was finding she liked the girl a lot. "My cousin will be finishing her shopping soon."

She paused.

"Will we be able to see each other at Hogwarts sometimes?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Serenity McAdams
Second Year
Serenity McAdams

PostSubject: Re: An Ice Cream After The Park   An Ice Cream After The Park EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 10:19 pm

I turned my attention toward Hester as she spoke, and I found that I was slightly disappointed that the girl would be leaving so soon. It was strange that I actually felt that way, but I decided to ignore it. Not like it mattered either way. Another bite of my ice cream, and I merely nodded to show her I'd heard what she said.

I considered her next question for a moment. I mean, the least I could do was hang out with her again. After all, now that I'd been around her for a while, she wasn't half bad. "Uhm, sure." I replied after I swallowed my ice cream. I gave her a slight, bare upturn of my lips, but it was still a friendly gesture.

I was just new to all this... 'nice' stuff.
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

PostSubject: Re: An Ice Cream After The Park   An Ice Cream After The Park EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 3:07 am

"That's cool," said Hester, smiling. For a moment she had thought that the girl had gone back to her original, icy cold state, but then she spotted the slightly upturned lips. She gave Serenity a grin in return.

She finished off her ice cream. She was a quick eater.

Then she checked her watch.

"I really have to go... Matt'll be waiting for me," she said regretfully. She knew that Matt wouldn't want to stay here much longer on her own.

"I'll see you soon, yeah?" she said and stood up.
Back to top Go down
Serenity McAdams
Second Year
Serenity McAdams

PostSubject: Re: An Ice Cream After The Park   An Ice Cream After The Park EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 10:33 am

I finished off the few last bites of my ice cream, before nodding toward Hester. Lifting my hand up I gave her a small wave. "Yeah, we'll have to arrange something. Bye." I said with another upturn of my lips.

I would admit, I was actually sort of looking forward to seeing the older red-head again. Maybe actually get to know her a bit better... and maybe actually get around to calling her a friend. Hm. I'd just have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

PostSubject: Re: An Ice Cream After The Park   An Ice Cream After The Park EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 8:14 am

"Bye," replied Hester, smiling.

She waved to Serenity, just a small wave, before disappearing around the corner to where her cousin, Matt, would be waiting. She had enjoyed that meeting despite Serenity being quite cool at first. She smiled to herself. She was meant to be a Gryffindor. She was brave when talking to people, loyal and she never gave up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Ice Cream After The Park   An Ice Cream After The Park Empty

Back to top Go down

An Ice Cream After The Park
Page 1 of 1