Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Randall Raynor
First Year
Randall Raynor

Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night Empty
PostSubject: Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night   Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:54 am

Perhaps he had lingered too long or perhaps he had bad timing. Whatever the case was, Kutoutuo was at the top of the clock tower, sheltered and safe inside while watching the heavy rain and lightning that went on outside. The interior of the clock tower was dark as the night sky and was only illuminated by the flash of lightning every now and then. As ominous as the setting was, Kutoutuo wasn't intimidated in the least. Sitting inside the clock tower and leaning against the balcony that barricaded contact with the internal gears, he watched the rainfall take place outside while lightning and thunder sailed across the sky. Suffice to say, the environment was relatively peaceful.
Back to top Go down
Zuko Kurisan
First Year
Zuko Kurisan

PostSubject: Re: Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night   Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 9:40 pm

Zuko ran up the clock tower, a shard of rather random metal in his hand. He had found it on his way up, and had decided to attempt a fire up there. His second hand cloak was fastened securely, protecting the boy from the rain that managed to get inside.

"Ni hao (Hello) Ku." Zuko said hurriedly, climbing on the railing and holding the metal out, unaware of the multiple death risks of electrocution.
Back to top Go down
Randall Raynor
First Year
Randall Raynor

PostSubject: Re: Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night   Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 9:50 pm

"Nihao (Hello) Zuko." Kutoutuo spoke up the moment he saw the other boy appear before noticing the metal shard in his hand. It was amusing to see that he was a potential risk-taker, since there was a thunderstorm outside. But he knew that lightning would mostly strike the conduction rods in the towers first.

Kutoutuo took one of the discarded thin steel bars that was about three feet in length and tossed it to Zuko before picking up another thin steel bar of the same length.

"There isn't much to do up here so show me what you can do with that." Kutoutuo spoke before taking a fighting stance.
Back to top Go down
Zuko Kurisan
First Year
Zuko Kurisan

PostSubject: Re: Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night   Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:00 pm

Zuko fell from the railing, barely catching the rod. "Uh.....ok?" Zuko blinked in slight comprehension. Copying his friend's stance, he took a clumsy swing, unsure of what to do before a thought struck his head when Zuko saw an oil can in a corner. His matchbook was heavy in his pocket, and Zuko had a battle plan.

After all, it DID get him his own room at the orphanage.
Back to top Go down
Randall Raynor
First Year
Randall Raynor

PostSubject: Re: Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night   Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:06 pm

Watching Zuko's movements and seeing him make his move, Kutoutuo easily blocked the swing before pushing and parrying against it. Metal crashed into metal, causing a slight ringing in his ears.

'Not really coordinated but then again, this hasn't heated up yet.' Kutoutuo thought to himself before moving to see what Zuko's next action would be. After all, this just might be something of interesting and it had been a while since he did something like this.
Back to top Go down
Zuko Kurisan
First Year
Zuko Kurisan

PostSubject: Re: Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night   Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:17 pm

Zuko's rod jarred his arms, and he scrambled over to the oil can, splashing it around the floor before striking a match and dropping ti in the oil, grinning as he poked Ku through the little opening in the flames. "How's that?" he called. "I'm horrible at fighting... but I like fire." He said, noting where a water bucket was.

Really, does he expect me to know kung fu?
Back to top Go down
Thomas Celare
Fourth Year
Thomas Celare

PostSubject: Re: Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night   Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:20 pm

Thomas grinned as him and Kiki walked up towards the Clock Tower, there was a thunderstorm out and he wanted to go see it, and after seeing Kiki in the corridors he had convinced her to go up to the towers and see it to. "Wards will likely stop anything happening." He said as a re-assurance as they went up, both for him and her. Once they got there, they made sure to quietly open the door as they stepped in. A brilliant strike of lightning erupted from the heavens as they entered, coming down with an almost deafening sound. "Told you it would be amazing." He whispered, thankfully their hearing wasn't impaired for long.

Then he saw two... First Years? There was a fire starting and they looked like complete idiots in all honesty, though that might have been Thomas' Slytherin qualities surfacing. "What are they up to?" He whispered to Kiki.

((Permission given from Kyra Henderson to GM her for this post))
Back to top Go down
Randall Raynor
First Year
Randall Raynor

PostSubject: Re: Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night   Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:25 pm

Kutoutuo watched Zuko ignite the floor on fire before raising his eyes in amusement after hearing his statement.

"Horrible at fighting? Sounds like you know what you're doing." Kutoutuo remarked before quickly jumping and rebounding off the wall over the flames, using the momentum of his propulsion to cross over the flames.

"But I have a habit of gauging the physicality of others and you looked a strong one." the youth added, holding his weapon like a saber in his right before swinging at Zuko's shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Kyra Henderson
Fourth Year
Kyra Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night   Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Kyra watched the storm. "You were right, Tom. It's beautiful," she said with wide eyes.

"What're they up to?"

These two kids looked like they were playing with fire. Literally. "Well, if I didn't know any better, I'd think that they're trying to set the school on fire," she huffed. Tommy looked confused, and with good reason. "What should we do?" she whispered.

((OOC: Permission to GM given by Thomas Celare for this thread. Even if it's only slight...))
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2126315/
Thomas Celare
Fourth Year
Thomas Celare

PostSubject: Re: Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night   Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:32 pm

Thomas grinned. "Thanks. I'm glad you like it, though I've never seen it before, I've read about it in fictions, it's obviously just as good as the books say though." He said, before agreeing with Kiki. "It does look like they're trying to completely destroy the place, doesn't it?" he said, before shrugging at what they could do. "I could maybe do something... But it might be considered a little violent." He said, keeping his wand in a firm grip within his hand. "But I mean... It might be a better idea over letting the school burn, right?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
Kyra Henderson
Fourth Year
Kyra Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night   Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:40 pm

Kyra looked over at Tom, completely serious for one of the only times in her life. "Do whatever it takes. I know nothing at all, which is pathetic. We could always pound their faces in or something. Maybe make their lives a living hell as long as we can. It all depends on what you want to do," she whispered, shrugging.

"Anything but letting the school burn to the ground."

She glared at the boys who were playing with fire and nodded. "We need to do something. We can't let these pyromaniacs do anything worse than burning their fingers."
Back to top Go down
Zuko Kurisan
First Year
Zuko Kurisan

PostSubject: Re: Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night   Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:40 pm

Zuko ducked, and held his rod like a lightsaber, making vrrm sounds in his head as he swung at Ku's stomach. "Haha!" he cried, before grabbing the bucket and outing the flames. "You wanna be Yoda or Vader?" he questioned, stopping at the sight of two older students talking. He didn't recognize them the halls. But then again, Zuko was constantly taking shortcuts (and getting lost) so he really couldn't talk.

"Who're they?" he whispered to his friend.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Celare
Fourth Year
Thomas Celare

PostSubject: Re: Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night   Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:44 pm

Thomas nodded. "I just know more spells, you likely know a lot more about other stuff than me. Plus I just spend a lot more time on that, hence me not having many friends. And if we need to make their lives hell in order to make sure things are safer, than that's what we have to do." He said, acting completely serious on the matter. "Okay then." He said, before they quickly doused the fire and noticed him. Thomas ignored that fact however, and pointed his wand towards the one in Ravenclaw robes. "Locomotor Mortis!" He said quickly, trying to catch him off guard.

Back to top Go down
Randall Raynor
First Year
Randall Raynor

PostSubject: Re: Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night   Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Kutoutuo blocked the strike before spinning away.

"Eh... it doesn't really matter." he replied before seeing Zuko dousing the flames, putting the fire out. Looking up, he too saw the older students and mentally groaned. Perhaps it was either the fire or just random chance that they happened to have come up here.

"I have no idea." Kutoutuo answered in response before seeing the older boy send a spell. Oh hell!
Back to top Go down
Zuko Kurisan
First Year
Zuko Kurisan

PostSubject: Re: Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night   Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:54 pm

Zuko swung at Ku, following him quickly.

Zuko scowled as he fell to the ground, hoping not to let his anger get the best of him. attempting to use his rod to help him stand up, the attempt failed and Zuko decided to just drop the rod and began yelling angrily in Chinese, coming up with new combinations of curse words.

And hopefully Ku covered his ears.

Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

PostSubject: Re: Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night   Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 11:04 pm

Natalie was cartwheeling around the towers as was her daily ritual when she smacked right into the wall. "Ouch! Who put that there?" she exclaimed out of genuine shock that she'd run into it. It was only after her head stopped spinning that she noticed there were other people in the towers- Tom and Kyra plus two people that she didn't know.

"HI!" she said cheerfully to the others waving wildly. She felt extraordinarily giddy and silly that day. "Are you all fairy princesses? You look like fairy princesses to me!"

One of the fairy princesses fell to the ground for some reason. "Except you. You're some sort of half-mermaid half-cloud creature," she said with certainty.
Back to top Go down
Randall Raynor
First Year
Randall Raynor

PostSubject: Re: Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night   Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 11:11 pm

The profanities that Zuko was yelling could certainly make even a swearing sailor blush if the language was understood and Kutoutuo helped him up while holding the metal rod in a guard posture.

Hearing the arrival of another person that was an older student, Kutoutuo wondered on just how much attention did the clock tower or the earlier fire had attracted. His blood was boiling but it was a pity that he didn't know any decent spells. Yes, he and Zuko were cornered.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Celare
Fourth Year
Thomas Celare

PostSubject: Re: Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night   Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 11:14 pm

Thomas spun around slightly when he heard a bang and an exclamation, only to realise it was Nat. No matter how Slytherin he got, it would always be impossible to hate the bubbly Hufflepuff. "Hiya Nat!" He said, waving back, though he could never be that cheery in his waves. "No Natalie, we're not being Fairy Princesses." He said, holding back a giggle or a laugh, he wasn't sure which. "But I suppose if you joined then you and Kiki could always be the princesses!" He said, ignoring the two First Years. He doubted they'd be able to do much to him anyway. "So how about it? Up for joining us?" he asked. He hoped Natalie being there would dispel the tension, and give them something to laugh at. He doubted anyone was immune to Natalie's pure charm and charisma she had without even trying.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

PostSubject: Re: Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night   Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 11:20 pm

"I'm always a fairy princess!" Natalie told Tommy happily before skipping over to the two younger looking students. "Alright you little Wiggle-bottoms! Hop to it! It's time to Zumba!"

She grabbed one of each of their hands and moved them around as she started to sing the most annoying song she could think of, which was nothing like anything that would be used for Zumba. "On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me a partridge in a pear tree!" she belted out at the top her her lungs. "Sing with me!"
Back to top Go down
Kyra Henderson
Fourth Year
Kyra Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night   Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 11:25 pm

Kyra grinned. "I'm up for being a fairy princess. Should be cool." She laughed and said, "Hey Nat. Sorry for not saying hi earlier, but yeah. Lots of things on my mind at the moment."

She grabbed one of the boys' hand (one that wasn't already being held by Nat, duh) and started to sing along with her fellow Hufflepuff. "ON THE SECOND DAY OF CHRISTMAS, MY TRUE LOVE GAVE TO ME; TWO TURTLE DOVES AND A PARTRIDGE IN A PEAR TREE!" she sang at the top of her lungs, as obnoxiously as possible.

Who knew that something so serious could become so fun? "C'mon Tommy! Sing with us!" She grinned maliciously at one of the boys. Hopefully this would make them see what a mistake they'd made. One never crossed Nat's path without going insane (sort of).
Back to top Go down
Zuko Kurisan
First Year
Zuko Kurisan

PostSubject: Re: Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night   Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 11:51 pm

Zuko's eyes widened. Leaning on Ku, he wrenched his hand from one of the girl's and hopped along the wall, hoping to escape from the craziness. "Ku, come on, before our IQs are lowered!" he called to his friend as he got to the stairs. "These people are crazy..." An idea striking him, Zuko grinned before hitting the older boy (the Slytherin) with his rod before hopping down the stairs as fast as he could.
Back to top Go down
Natalie Olivier
Fifth Year
Natalie Olivier

PostSubject: Re: Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night   Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 11:57 pm

Natalie skipped after the oddly hopping boy, still singing at the top of her lungs. "On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me, three French hens, two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree!"

They were bound to be attracting some attention now, as if they hadn't already, but Natalie didn't care. "Lady and Gentlemen, you should feel privileged to be getting such an exclusive concert from the one, the only, Natalie Olivier!" she giggled delightedly after proclaiming her announcement as loudly as she could.
Back to top Go down
Randall Raynor
First Year
Randall Raynor

PostSubject: Re: Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night   Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 12:03 am

Pulling his hand of the older girl with the red hair, Kutoutuo rolled his eyes before walking over and hoisting Zuko over his shoulders in a fireman's carry.

"Just hold on tight." he spoke before running down the stairs as fast as he could with Zuko over his shoulders just as the girl named Natalie Olivier had finished her proclamation.

"Well, thank you for a splendid performance. But my fencing partner is in need of medical attention and rest." Kutoutuo spoke before giving a slight bow to Natalie. "Until we meet again, Natalie Olivier."

Now was the time to retreat from the spot since the odds aren't exactly in his favor or Zuko's favor. Kutoutuo quickly left the clock tower with Zuko still on his shoulders.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night   Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night Empty

Back to top Go down

Roaring Thunderstorm In the Night
Page 1 of 1