Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Waiting and Wanting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Taura Malfoy
First Year
Taura Malfoy

Waiting and Wanting Empty
PostSubject: Waiting and Wanting   Waiting and Wanting EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 12:47 am

Upon arriving at the library, Taura noticed her friend had yet to arrive. She had guessed that would be the case. Lucifer had to deliver the letter to Sunny before the girl even knew to leave. Then She would have her typical break-down, argue with herself for 5 minutes before she decided to come. Plus another 10 minutes for the Slytherin to actually get to the library. She decided it would be best to wait inside, predicting that her friend would come in right away to look for her.

Taura sat in a chair at the table as far away from the librarian as she could get. The woman looked strict, and Taura wanted to talk, when Sunny got there, and to Louis while they waited.
Back to top Go down
Louis Weasley
Second Year
Louis Weasley

PostSubject: Re: Waiting and Wanting   Waiting and Wanting EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 12:56 am

"So this is the Hogwarts library," Louis said in awe. "I've heard tell of it before, by my cousins. But almost never anything good. Funnily enough, not many of them are the, ah, reading sort."

He stood in the doorway for a second longer than was likely considered normal, just staring around at the lovely bookshelves with the wonderfully musty old books. He just liked the feel of libraries, alright?

It was a few seconds before he realized that Malfoy wasn't actually right by him, and had instead gone to sit at a table... the farthest one away. Typical. Of course she'd try to stay as far away from him as possible.

Dismissing this thought quickly, he walked across the room-looking around, all the while- and sat across the table from her.

"So, I take it your friend hasn't arrived yet?"
Back to top Go down
Taura Malfoy
First Year
Taura Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Waiting and Wanting   Waiting and Wanting EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 1:16 am

Taura watched Louis stand at the doorway and stare in awe at the library. That boy sure was different. Taura like different. And he really was very cute. Maybe she could grow to like him. As a friend, at least. She looked quickly away when the boy spotted her at the back of the library. what was I just thinking? she thought once she was no longer looking at Louis, I must be losing it! Damn veela powers

"So, I take it your friend hasn't arrived yet?" Louis asked her. She hadn't noticed in the common room... Even his voice was amazing... maybe he was a God. at this point, Taura realised she was looking at him again.

"Er... I guess not." She said, looking down at her hands on the table. "By the way, back in the common room... You weren't meant to hear that last comment. It's not that you're bad. You're not - you know, for a Weasley." She looked back up at the attractive boy. "Actually, it was very nice of you to come with me. Thank you. Anyways... I meant nothing against you, really. It's Sunny. She doesn't like attention. She has absolutely 0 social skills, and she's... well, she's totally insane, to be honest. Even if she does like you at first, and you become friends, it won't last. You're going to be popular, Louis, it isn't hard to see." She reached across the table to pat Louis' hand assuringly. "As soon as she gets a shred of attention for being your friend, she'll be running out the door faster than the eye can see. It's just the way she is."

Taura realised she had been talking for a while, giving Louis no time to respond to anything she was saying. She blushed, put her hands in her lap, and looked down at them shyly.

Now I'm shy too?! she thought, shocked at her own actions and emotions. Was it Hogwarts, or Louis? Hogwarts, she decided. She's been feeling and acting differently since her first day at Hogwarts. Maybe she was sick?
Back to top Go down
Louis Weasley
Second Year
Louis Weasley

PostSubject: Re: Waiting and Wanting   Waiting and Wanting EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 2:21 am

"Hey, it's fine, I've learned not to take what people say to heart much, even if you had meant it. It comes from living in a family full of stupid pranksters." he said, with a half sigh. "And is she, er, really insane? I mean, has she been checked into a mental institution of some sort or something?"

He tried, for just a moment, to remain silent on her slight about him becoming popular. But, in the end, he couldn't stop himself from asking.

"Do you, er, really think I'm going to become popular? That's rather hard to imagine..." And he couldn't imagine it, not really, for this was him he was talking about. Nobody could see that happening to them.

Back to top Go down
Taura Malfoy
First Year
Taura Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Waiting and Wanting   Waiting and Wanting EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 3:01 am

Taura smiled. Whether or not Louis had taken offense to her comment, he didn't hold it against her. He really is a nice boy, and smart, obviously...He is, after all, a Ravenclaw.

Ah, screw being defiant. I can do what Father wants this one time. It's not like I'm doing it for him. Taura thought to herself.

"Yes, Louis. I think you'll be popular." She grinned at the boy's bewilderment at his own undeniable popularity. "You really don't know how amazing you are, do you?" She said without thinking. She blushed again. Taura was not usually so explicit - not with compliments. She quickly recovered by changing the subject.

"Anyways, Sunny's never been sent to any institutions or anything, but the orphanage she's been in...well, half the kids in there are insane. She just has unbelievably terrible social skills... She's easily frightened, and intimidated. Everyone scares her. She's not just my best friend, you know. She's my god-sister. That's why she's friends with me. But I was her only friend before Hogwarts, and I think I still am." Taura felt rotten for telling Louis all this without Sunny asking her to... But he would find out eventually, and it's better he's prepared. "She won't hurt anyone. Not intentionally. She...well...she has conversations with herself... Argues with herself... Often...You'll see what I mean. She's also unbelievably paranoid. About practically everything."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waiting and Wanting   Waiting and Wanting Empty

Back to top Go down

Waiting and Wanting
Page 1 of 1