Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Taking A Chance and Eating Real Food (Kind of)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Terry Berbatov
Fourth Year
Terry Berbatov

Taking A Chance and Eating Real Food (Kind of) Empty
PostSubject: Taking A Chance and Eating Real Food (Kind of)   Taking A Chance and Eating Real Food (Kind of) EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 12:21 am

Terry sneaked into the kitchen before issuing orders to the house elves expertly. "Candy!" she declared. "With black coffee." she added as an after thought. Sitting down at a table, she licked her lips at the plateful of sweets. "Sami! Hurry up!" she yelled across the kitchen. Terry knew that no one could run as fst as her, but still!

Last edited by Terry Berbatov on Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://bamfbbffs.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: Taking A Chance and Eating Real Food (Kind of)   Taking A Chance and Eating Real Food (Kind of) EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 12:42 am

"I'm coming!" Sami half-yelled, half-whispered. She didn't want to wake up any house elves that weren't up already, because of Terry. She scurried into the kitchen, out of breath, but kind of excited. Despite having Ri as a dorm mate, she had never taken a trip to the kitchen. It was all very new to her.

"Um," she frowned. What did she want to eat now? "Could ye find me a small curry and perhaps some sour sweets?" She didn't want to be rude to the kind creatures who would be graciously giving her food. She was brought up better than that.

The witch glanced at Terry, who had the bowl of sweets at arms-length. "Come on, Ri," she hissed, wanting to go. "Remember the plan? Go, get the food, and get out."
Back to top Go down
Terry Berbatov
Fourth Year
Terry Berbatov

PostSubject: Re: Taking A Chance and Eating Real Food (Kind of)   Taking A Chance and Eating Real Food (Kind of) EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 12:50 am

Terry pouted. "Why? It's food, and it's entertaining watching these little guys run around." she objected. "It's not like we can get detention. Everyone's asleep." she added thoughtfully, sticking a bon bon in her mouth and 'mhmm'-ing as it melted on her tongue. Grabbing her friend's hand, she dragged her over to a table.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taking A Chance and Eating Real Food (Kind of)   Taking A Chance and Eating Real Food (Kind of) EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 10:57 pm

"But Terry," Sami whined, attempting to pull back. It didn't work. "You promised that we'd go in and get out. And that's beside the point. What if Peeves comes and finds us, huh? He'd wake the whole castle!" She was not one for breaking the rules, and under no circumstances wanted to meet Peeves in person. Stories of his pranks were good enough for her.

She sighed as they arrived at a table. "Fine, but if we get caught I'm saying you dragged me into it." She sat down and began munching on some Sour Patches, taking a spoonful of curry too. Hhmm, these house elves could cook.
Back to top Go down
Terry Berbatov
Fourth Year
Terry Berbatov

PostSubject: Re: Taking A Chance and Eating Real Food (Kind of)   Taking A Chance and Eating Real Food (Kind of) EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 11:18 pm

Terry smirked in victory. "I'll get him back, then." she shrugged idly, sitting down and nearly inhaling her coffee. "Just like Uncle Ivy made it." she smiled happily, downing the rest of it in one go. Grinning as a cute pink-ish elf brought her some goulash, she dug into the treat eagerly. "So, are vou excited for summer break?" she asked her friend curiously.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taking A Chance and Eating Real Food (Kind of)   Taking A Chance and Eating Real Food (Kind of) EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:41 am

Sami shrugged. "I guess. I'm hoping I'll find something interesting to keep me on my toes, though. Probably not going anywhere special, so might as well." She nibbled a bit more on her curry then pushed it aside, wanting more of her savory candy. She popped a few in before taking large chomps, chewing loudly. She had stopped caring about whether or not someone would catch them, instead focusing on the moment itself and enjoying herself.

Huh, so that's how Ri could stand going out after curfew and playing pranks. All about the moment....

"How about you?" She knew it would impolite not to return the favor, especially after she didn't really say much. "I bet yer dead cats and dynamite sticks oughta keep you doin' somethan'. Speakin' of which, where exactly do ye live?" She had been wondering this for a while, she needed to know where to send an owl to, if the need came. She had been very close to Terry this year, and hoped she could rely on the girl to help her out as she would back.

Back to top Go down
Terry Berbatov
Fourth Year
Terry Berbatov

PostSubject: Re: Taking A Chance and Eating Real Food (Kind of)   Taking A Chance and Eating Real Food (Kind of) EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:58 am

"I think ve're going to Italy with Ivan and his mum, but I'm not sure." Terry then remembered the brother thing, proceeding to quickly tell Sami in Bulgarian. "Аз вероятно няма да да го направя защото майка ми е пълна с ново дете и аз ще трябва да гледам него и всичко онова, и ние живеем в Уелс, по крайбрежието. И Кой да е начин, аз съм само всички луди както при Хогуортс след това бащата ми стриктен е наистина, наистина." She then realized her mistake and took another swig of coffee.

"I mean.... My mother is having another kid, so i'm going to be babysitting him all summer, and, I live in wales, along the coast. Also, i'm only all like that at Hogwarts since my father is really strict."
Back to top Go down
Kyra Henderson
Fourth Year
Kyra Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Taking A Chance and Eating Real Food (Kind of)   Taking A Chance and Eating Real Food (Kind of) EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 1:02 am

Kyra was starving. She'd skipped almost every meal today, trying to get some homework done. Really, what teacher gives homework during finals week? Unbelievable! There was the stress from that, then from Sami still giving her grief.

Speak of the devil...

She saw her ex-best friend and Terry conversing over a table and decided to be a little bold. "Hello. Sami, Terry. How are you guys?" she asked, sitting down at a table near them. She wasn't going to let them slip through her fingers this time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2126315/
Terry Berbatov
Fourth Year
Terry Berbatov

PostSubject: Re: Taking A Chance and Eating Real Food (Kind of)   Taking A Chance and Eating Real Food (Kind of) EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 1:21 am

Terry yawned and denied a second plate of candy from the elves. Sending a slightly tired smile at Kyra, she nodded. "Hi, Kyra. How's Ivan?" she asked curiously. Her cousin had been holed up in his dorm, apparently, and studying like crazy. She wasn't worried about the exams... just her Astronomy one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taking A Chance and Eating Real Food (Kind of)   Taking A Chance and Eating Real Food (Kind of) EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 11:52 pm

"Oi, speakin' of Ivan, how's 'e coping? I haven't heard from him since," Sami trailed off, not wanting to mention the incident in front of her. Some matters are best left untouched, as her aunt would say. She tried to ignore Kyra but her attempts were diminished as the girl sat right across from her. Couldn't she take a hint? she thought angrily.

She listened, amused at Terrys rant in Bulgarian. It sounded as though she were just making up words as she went."One of these days, you'll have tae teach me some Bulgarian." She sat quietly, again, as her friend translated the whole sentence into English.

"Anothe' kid! But I thought ye guys didn't have a lot of extra money floating around, how would you afford money for another trust fund?" she asked, incredulously, immediately regretting it though, after remembering the other witch's presence.
Back to top Go down
Terry Berbatov
Fourth Year
Terry Berbatov

PostSubject: Re: Taking A Chance and Eating Real Food (Kind of)   Taking A Chance and Eating Real Food (Kind of) EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 12:15 am

Terry shrugged. "He's beens studying really, really hard. Like, hard enough that he isn't eating, but I got a house elf to go up to and send him food." she answered, wondering why Sami wasn't talking to Kyra.

"It's harder than English, Sami." she warned, somewhat seriously before grinning. "Very hard. It took me five vears to learn this language decently."

Terry shrugged, looking at the table, scowling at the smooth oak surface. "Ve have lots of money, but the exchange rate from euros to Galleons is low right now, so I have to share mine." she muttered. Trust her father to put their entire family riches in Muggle currency. How was she going to get the Firebolt now?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taking A Chance and Eating Real Food (Kind of)   Taking A Chance and Eating Real Food (Kind of) EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 9:46 pm

Sami frowned. "He's alright though, isn't he? He's actually eating the food?" She would never admit it, but she was a bit worried for her friends cousin. They took it pretty hard after Ri's uncle had died.

She took one last bite of her curry before setting it to the side. If she could eat a horse before, she couldn't now. She sat back in her seat, whispering to the nearest house elf for some more
Sour Patches, and perhaps a few bags of Sour Skittles, if he/she didn't mind. The house elf- Henky, she later learned- nodded and scurried back to one of the far corners of the kitchen.

She shrugged, playing with her wrapper. "Just a few basic phrases here and there. You know, 'Where's the bathroom?' and 'Can you point me to the nearest bar?'" Perhaps a few curses as well. She knew Terry would teach her some, anyways.
Back to top Go down
Terry Berbatov
Fourth Year
Terry Berbatov

PostSubject: Re: Taking A Chance and Eating Real Food (Kind of)   Taking A Chance and Eating Real Food (Kind of) EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 9:59 pm

"I get an empty tray picture from the little butlers." Terry confirmed. "And I see him in classes. He's fine." Racking her brain, she remembered something. "Anyvays, how did that one dare go over? Vhen I dared vou to kiss him?"

"Vhat are these?" Terry asked curiously, taking one of the little people Sami was eating. "They look icky."

"Erm....I can try." Terry shrugged casually. "Maybe if vou meet my aprents, vou can see how fast they can talk in Bulgarian." she smirked, plots formulating in her mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taking A Chance and Eating Real Food (Kind of)   Taking A Chance and Eating Real Food (Kind of) Empty

Back to top Go down

Taking A Chance and Eating Real Food (Kind of)
Page 1 of 1