Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

A different Slytherin

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Emilia Jackson
Second Year
Emilia Jackson

A different Slytherin Empty
PostSubject: A different Slytherin   A different Slytherin EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 8:45 pm

Emily walked into the empty classroom, thinking vaguely of her argument with Aurora here a few weeks ago...or was it a month? She couldn't remember. She then began to think of what it would be like if Slytherins weren't so rude. And creepy. And...well, that can't really be said around here, now can it?
Emily snickered to herself. She was the complete opposite of a Slytherin - shy, mousy, crying every other argument, and actually having the guts to make friends. At least she could stand up to enemies - but she didn't fight them. I'm as close to being a Slytherin as the Chudley Cannons are to winning the Quidditch Cup, she mused. She sat down on a nearby armchair and thought of Lavender, and how nice a girl she was. Maybe this is like the Room of Requirement, she thought. Maybe if I think of Lavender, or just someone to talk to, like Sammi, they'll appear. Or at least walk through the door.
Emily mustered up all her mind power and thought as hard as she could: Lavender and Sammi.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2206590/JedediahForeverMD
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

PostSubject: Re: A different Slytherin   A different Slytherin EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 8:56 pm

Lavender wondered the castle, thoughts of Hester running through her mind. She hadn't seen the girl in days, it unsettled her. In fact, she hadn't seen Emily for a while either. As she walked she noted that she was on the first floor, the empty classroom was around here somewhere and she fancied visiting it. A lot of stuff had happened in there. On arrival Lavender pushed the door open, to reveal someone already in the room. Someone she knew.

"Emily?"
Back to top Go down
Emilia Jackson
Second Year
Emilia Jackson

PostSubject: Re: A different Slytherin   A different Slytherin EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 4:22 pm

Emily looked up and saw Lavender, to her relief. "Hey, Lavender, I was just thinking about you." She stood and moved to the sofa, patting the cushion to indicate to Lavender that she could sit. "I was pondering what our friendship has in common with a stereotypical Slytherin. First of all, I believe Aurora was right on some counts - I am pretty weak, and I'm obviously also Muggleborn. And you're incredibly nice. All these traits seem to contrast horribly with the typical people we see in Slytherin. What do you think?"
Emily paused a moment, and then remembered something. "Oh - and by the way, I got a wand yesterday; do you like it?" She took it out so Lavender could see.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

PostSubject: Re: A different Slytherin   A different Slytherin EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 4:27 pm

Lavender's eyebrows raised slightly when the other girl said she'd been thinking about her. Though things settled again when Emily mentioned stereotypes and gestured for her to sit down.

"I get what you mean, we're nothing like them really. Things happen for a reason I guess, though you aren't as weak as you think. You stood up to Aurora, that was brave and proved you're strong," Lavender sat down. Emily then retreived her wand and Lavender took it to take a closer look. "Very nice," She smiled. "What's its core?"
Back to top Go down
Emilia Jackson
Second Year
Emilia Jackson

PostSubject: Re: A different Slytherin   A different Slytherin EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 6:46 pm

Emily smiled at Lavender's compliment on her bravery. 'Thanks. Nice of you.' When Lavender asked her wand's core, she replied, 'Phoenix feather. It goes well with holly, elm, and birch; mine's birch. That's what I heard.' She paused slightly, and added, 'What about yours? Or that friend of yours...Hester, I think she's called? Or even Aurora's? What do you know about their wands?'

Last edited by Emilia Jackson on Sun May 01, 2011 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

PostSubject: Re: A different Slytherin   A different Slytherin EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 7:16 pm

Lavender rolled the wand through her fingers as Emily spoke.

"I see," She nodded her understanding, until Emily asked about the other wands. "Mine's dragon heartstring in oak. Hester's is the same as mine actually," This caused Lavender to grin. "I believe Aurora's has a Phoenix feather core, but I'm not sure. I'm not a great expert on wands to be honest,"
Back to top Go down
Emilia Jackson
Second Year
Emilia Jackson

PostSubject: Re: A different Slytherin   A different Slytherin EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 7:33 pm

'Wow, that's pretty cool, your wand and Hester's being the same. Maybe they're twins, like Harry Potter's and He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named's were.' Even though Lord Voldemort was long dead, Emily still had a hard time saying his name. 'That'd be freaky.'
But then, Emily suddenly realised something. 'Did you say Aurora's wand had a phoenix-feather core as well?'
Because, she remembered, that day in the Great Hall, at the Slytherin table, there just might be a possible cause for her having gone all funny and possessed-like...but she hoped it wasn't true, because she'd probably have to tell someone, and telling on Aurora was as incredibly stupid as waking a sleeping dragon.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

PostSubject: Re: A different Slytherin   A different Slytherin EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:05 am

Lavender furrowed her brow before nodding. Emily was strange sometimes.

"Yes, Phoenix feather. Though I'm sure she's not the only person with it. Anyway, that doesn't matter, how have you been?" She tried to change conversation, as their one wasn't much to her liking. Lavender handed Emily her wand back, then felt her belt to make sure her own wand was still there.
Back to top Go down
Emilia Jackson
Second Year
Emilia Jackson

PostSubject: Re: A different Slytherin   A different Slytherin EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 11:10 am

Emily saw Lavender's expression and knew she'd said something stupid. "Sorry. I can be pretty strange and off-topic sometimes...well, you know that, don't you?" She laughed. "If I was normal, I would have made a much more different first impression at Hogwarts." At Lavender's change of topic, she replied, "I've been well, thanks. Sammi's still waiting for a reply from Wizard God, but it should come any day now. I told her about you; I do hope that's all right. She's really excited to meet you, Lavender."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A different Slytherin   A different Slytherin Empty

Back to top Go down

A different Slytherin
Page 1 of 1