Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Flourish and Blotts April 2011

Go down 
+25
Alexandria Parker
Jacob Beauchamp
Danielle Valencia
Megan Rose
Jessica Tavacska
Evangeline Greene
Elena Parkinson
Ainslee James
Raven Drake
Caden Callaghan
Ethan Carter
Lavender Parkinson
Elijah Owens
Matilda Alderman
Serenity McAdams
Fiona Millington
Hester Alderman
Lachlan Normandy
Hunter Montgomery
Aurora Greengrass
Landon Montgomery
Sunny Swan
Liz McCutney
Kaoru Tanaka
Louis Weasley
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Louis Weasley
Second Year
Louis Weasley

Flourish and Blotts April 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Flourish and Blotts April 2011   Flourish and Blotts April 2011 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 8:16 pm

Louis sighed in boredom. It was one thing for all of these Muggle-borns to come here and get all excited about buying new spell books.
He'd been here several times before- after all, when your family was as big as his, how could you not?
"Hullo," he said to the person at the counter, "may I please have books for astronomy, charms, defense against the dark arts, potions, transfigurations, history of magic and herbology? All for beginners, of course, as I'm a first year." He paused for a second. "Oh, and I'll need a few rolls of parchment, two quills, and some red, gold, and black ink, I suppose."

With that he handed over the money, took his newly purchased items, and headed on his, uh, 'merry' way.
Back to top Go down
Kaoru Tanaka
First Year
Kaoru Tanaka

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts April 2011   Flourish and Blotts April 2011 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 1:51 pm

Kaoru walked into the shop. There were so many books! His reading skills were no where as near as good as his speaking skills so he wasn't planning to take too many classes at first. He chose four that he would be interested in and decided that if he had a sudden calling for any more he would send an owl order for the books.

He picked the books off the shelves and then set them down on the counter.

"Astronomy for Beginners, Care of Magical Creatures for Beginners, Potions for Beginners and Muggle Studies for Beginners," he said. His grandmother nudged him in the back. "Please," he added. He wondered how she had known that he hadn't said it, since she couldn't speak English. Probably some witch sense thing she had got as she had got older.
Back to top Go down
Liz McCutney
Third Year
Liz McCutney

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts April 2011   Flourish and Blotts April 2011 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 4:36 pm

Liz grinned as she walked into the musty old book store. Even if she wasn't the most avid reader in the world, she loved bookstores and libraries of all kind--their musty smell, their quiet decor.

"Alright, dad, let's move," she declared, marching forward and gathering all of the books she needed before trudging to the counter. The kind-looking witch immediately began checking them out--The Beginner's Guide to Charms, Transfiguration level 1, Potions for Beginners, Introduction to Muggle Studies-Grade 1, some parchment and non-colored ink. Satisfied, she pushed them all into some magical bag and marched out, determined to finish shopping as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts April 2011   Flourish and Blotts April 2011 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 6:39 am

Patrick wasn't fond of book stores. They always smelled musty to him, no matter how new they were. He decided to make short work of this particular trip by finding an employee to help him. He gave the person a list with everything he needed.

~Parchment
~Quill
~Black Ink
~Transfiguration for Beginners
~Care of Magical Creatures for Beginners

Once the employee had returned with it all, he paid, packed it up, and left to move on to his next stop.
Back to top Go down
Sunny Swan
First Year
Sunny Swan

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts April 2011   Flourish and Blotts April 2011 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 9:59 pm

Sunny was completely overwelmed when she entered the shop. It was really too busy for her liking but with Demon on her shoulder she continued onwards. She then glanced at the owner and immediately rushed over to him so she could get her stuff and get out.He greeted her but she completely cut him off and got straight to the point.

"Can I have the beginner book for Potions,some parchment, 2 quills, and black ink please?" She put the money on the table, again grabbed her stuff and was out the door with Demon to keep her sane.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts April 2011   Flourish and Blotts April 2011 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 2:04 am

Next stop was for Landon to get his books. He walked into Flourish and Botts and approached the shopkeeper. "Hi can I have, Potions for Beginners and Herbology for Beginners? Also some parchment and a green quill." He thought that maybe he should take more classes but really thought it was best to keep his course load really light this year.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Greengrass
Third Year
Aurora Greengrass

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts April 2011   Flourish and Blotts April 2011 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 12:07 am

Aurora was undecided what classes she wanted to take. Her parents wanted her to take Potions and something else that she couldn't remember. Aurora didn't want to take Potions and whatever that other class was. For the first time in her life she was going to go against her parents wishes. Aurora decided to take Divination and Transfiguration.

When she got to the counter, she handed the person behind the counter a list. On it were the words: Divination for Beginners, Transfiguration for Beginners, Parchment, Dark Green Quill, Light Teal Quill. She hoped that she had ordered everything she was going to need for school. She was excited to go to Hogwarts.
Back to top Go down
Hunter Montgomery
First Year
Hunter Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts April 2011   Flourish and Blotts April 2011 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 3:26 am

Hunter wasn't exactly sure of the classes he wanted to take as he headed toward Flourish and Blotts. By the time he let himself in the place though, he'd narrowed it down to a few options. Making his way up to the counter, he paused for a few more seconds as he made a few last minute decisions, and soon he was offering the person behind the counter a slight half-grin.

Eventually he left the store with Charms and Care of Magical Creatures for Beginners, as well as Parchment, Black, Color Change, and Dark Teal Quills.
Back to top Go down
Lachlan Normandy
Second Year
Lachlan Normandy

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts April 2011   Flourish and Blotts April 2011 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:38 am

Lachlan walked into Flourish and Blotts by herself since her mother was busy talking to a long-time friend in the middle of the street.
When Lachlan saw how many books were in the store her mouth dropped. Not because she loved books, no, because she hated them. Lachlan felt like she was in her own worst nightmare. Leighton probably fell in love when she walked into this store. Leighton probably screamed in happiness when she entered this store. Leighton got brains and Lachlan got the sports ability.
Lachlan walked briskly to each book shelf and got every book that she needed in record time. The sooner she got her books, the sooner she got out of here. Just as quickly as she collected her books, she collected parchment and quills.
Walking up to the counter, Lachlan settled down everything with a loud thump and a grimace. "Astronomy, Divination, Care of Magical Creatures, Herbology, Defense Against the Dark Arts and Potions all for beginners. Plus a year worth's supply of parchment and two quills and black ink." she stated bluntly as she set 68 galleons down.
Gathering her things, she walked out of the store as quickly as physically possible.

Last edited by Lachlan Normandy on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts April 2011   Flourish and Blotts April 2011 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 5:41 pm

Hester stepped into Flourish and Blotts. She didn't need any more books, because all of hers lasted until third year, but she had decided to treat herself with the galleons she had earned in class and get herself some rainbow ink.

She browsed the shelves. There were some interesting books here. Perhaps one day she would get a chance to read some of them. For now, though, she contented herself with buying her novelty ink.

"One pot of colour change ink, and one pot of rainbow ink, please," Hester said to the assistant, deciding to really treat herself. She handed over her money, took her ink, smiled at the assistant and left the shop, happy with her purchases.
Back to top Go down
Fiona Millington
First Year
Fiona Millington

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts April 2011   Flourish and Blotts April 2011 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 9:12 pm

Once visiting Madam Malkins, and leaving with her robes, Fiona came across a bookshop called Flourish and Blotts. It was enormous and the size was like a full-blown library, she saw once inside. The books near the front had interesting enough names to want her to actually browse the shop, just for leisure. But today was for shopping, and she had the whole week to spend in Diagon Alley. She'd be sure to come back soon, though.

She sought out all the books on her list: the ones she definitely planned on taking, meaning all of them (except Muggle Studies). She brought the pile of books to the front counter. "That will be Ancient Runes, Astronomy, Care of Magical Creatures, Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Divination, Herbology, History of Magic, Potions, and Transfiguration all for Beginners," the clerk said, giving her a curt nod of acknowledgment as he started registering up the price. "And, throw in a year's worth of parchment, some blue and black ink, and two white quills, please," Fiona added. She made sure to pay the right amount now that she knew the money system and Fiona left the shop with a much heavier load than before.

Last edited by Fiona Millington on Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Serenity McAdams
Second Year
Serenity McAdams

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts April 2011   Flourish and Blotts April 2011 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 11:48 pm

I was less then enthused about the fact that I had to go shopping for books, but knowing I had no choice, I grumpily trudged into the shop. Wrinkling my nose as I scanned the titles of each of the books, I began debating upon which classes would be the easiest to suffer through. Eventually making my way up to the counter, I listed the things I wanted to purchase.

"I need beginners books for Divination, Herbology, Defense Against the Dark Arts, and Astronomy." I said, drumming my fingers impatiently on the counter as I waited for my order. "Oh, and I'd also like parchment, and dark purple, black, and color change quills." Once I'd gotten my order and payed, I hurriedly left the store, exhaling a sigh of relief as soon as I got outside. Well, glad that torture was done.
Back to top Go down
Matilda Alderman
First Year
Matilda Alderman

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts April 2011   Flourish and Blotts April 2011 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 9:47 am

Matt looked around the book shop. She wasn't sure what her cousin had been raving about when she had told her about it; it seemed a little drab to her.
She sighed and made her way over to the shelf with the first year books on it. She browsed them, wondering which subjects to take. Finally she decided and took he chosen books to the till.

"Astronomy for beginners, Charms for beginners, defence for beginners, Herbology for beginners, History for beginners, potions for beginners, transfiguration for beginners, some parchment, two quills and a pot of dark green ink, please," she said to the shop assistant, all in one breath.

She handed over her money and left the shop with her heavy parcel.
Back to top Go down
Elijah Owens
First Year
Elijah Owens

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts April 2011   Flourish and Blotts April 2011 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 1:54 am

Eli hated shopping. With a passion. It didn't help that he had to go alone, since Aunt Amelia was a muggle and a bit confused by the whole Eli's a wizard and he can do magic and now he's going to a magical school thing. She hadn't wanted to come along.

On his own and armed with some money and a list of supplies, he had to shop. He decided to start with the book store first. At least, he thought it was a book store. It looked far more hectic than any other bookstore he'd seen before. When he got inside, he was too overwhelmed to find everything he needed, so he asked an employee for help. "Black ink, parchment, quill, and the books for a first year taking Astronomy, Defense Against the Dark Arts, and Herbology, please," he said to the person working there.

When they returned with his things, he paid and then left, hoping that the wizard hadn't short changed him, since he had no idea how the money here worked.
Back to top Go down
Liz McCutney
Third Year
Liz McCutney

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts April 2011   Flourish and Blotts April 2011 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 4:33 pm

Liz glanced in either direction before making her way into the store for the second time in two years. Normally, she'd be waiting till she at least needed the intermediate books, but she was taking a new class this year. She wasn't even entirely sure why she was taking it; she knew a few people who liked and her head of house was the teacher, so that might've contributed. But, since she wasn't taking any Defense Against the Dark Arts, she felt the need to take Herbology to make up for it, she reasoned. So she slipped Beginner's Herbology off the shelf, paid for it, and made her way out of there.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts April 2011   Flourish and Blotts April 2011 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:00 pm

Lavender waited patiently for the student in front of her to finish before stepping forward, trying to catch the girls eye but failing.

"Hi. Could I have beginners books please? Oh, and some parchment and ink, the kind that doesn't change colour?" She smiled politely, before adding quickly. "Please."
Back to top Go down
Ethan Carter
First Year
Ethan Carter

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts April 2011   Flourish and Blotts April 2011 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 8:42 am

Ethan wasn't overly excited about books but then again, he had never entered a Magical Book store before. His eyes widened when he saw the array that Flourish and Blotts stocks. Ethan spent the next twenty minutes perusing down the aisles, checking out the wacky genres, some of which he had never heard of before; but that wasn't overtly surprising to him.

He found the Beginner textbook region, and glanced at the titles of the books he was to purchase. Standard Book of Spells, Grade One... Sounded easy enough. Ethan picked up the charms textbook, and others for his future first year at Hogwarts.

Placing Charms for Beginners, Potions for Beginners and Defense Against the Dark Arts for Beginners on the counter, Ethan also placed Black, Green and Blue Ink, some Parchment and three Quills on the counter as well. He handed over the money, (which he was still fascinated by) over to the assistant, and left the store very heavy handed.
Back to top Go down
Caden Callaghan
Second Year
Caden Callaghan

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts April 2011   Flourish and Blotts April 2011 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 12:05 am

Caden walked into Flourish and Blotts. Caden was amazed by how many books were in this one store. He could only imagine what he could learn from all these books. One thing that Caden loved more than Quidditch was reading. He loved learning more than anything.

Looking down at what his list, he walked toward one of the people working there. "Hello, I need Defense Against the Dark Arts for Beginners, Charms for Beginners, Potions for Beginners,and Astronomy for Beginners. I would also like two quills, black ink and parchment."

Caden handed the employee the galleons and collected his things. Caden wanted to linger around the store some more, but he had things to do.

Last edited by Caden Callaghan on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raven Drake
Second Year
Raven Drake

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts April 2011   Flourish and Blotts April 2011 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 1:31 am

Walking into the bookstore, Raven hoped he'd see his friend here, but alas, he didn't. Pia had probably already done her shopping. Or she could have asked to use her brother or parents' books. Raven had already tried that tactic with his mum. The woman had become embarrassed and cleared her throat before changing the subject on him, which made the boy quite curious. Later, when his curiosity was too much and he was sure his mum wasn't around, he'd scrounged around and actually found his mom's old Hogwarts books. Staring at them, he'd made a face seeing that his mum had been gaga for his dad for awhile. Shaking his head, he knew there was no way he'd ever go around with books with his dad's name scribbled on them. If that wasn't bad enough, his mum had drawn hearts and such on them. In pink ink of all colors!

Making sure he didn’t let his mum know he’d sneaked a peak and saw that she’d written Mrs. Undine Bellamy all over the books, he told her he agreed with buying new ones. He didn’t bother asking his dad for his old books since he was sure the man would tell him that no son of his was going to go to school with used books. Not wanting to argue and tell him some of the best books in the world were used ones, he kept quiet and didn’t say anything.

Quickly finding his books since the shelves were helpfully labeled, he took the first year books to the cashier. Even if he didn’t take all the courses he could at least learn from the books. Or use them to take naps and hide the fact that he was. Or even seeing if he could actually proved that learning by osmosis worked. Getting to the counter his eyes widened seeing the different colored inks for sale. Making a face he wondered who in their right mind would want to buy brown ink. Shrugging, he grabbed a book of parchment and set that atop his books. Nodding at the clerk he stated, “Two quills please. And let’s see… green, black, and blue ink. Oh! And rainbow!”
Back to top Go down
Ainslee James
First Year
Ainslee James

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts April 2011   Flourish and Blotts April 2011 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 6:04 pm

Ainslee walked into Flourish and Blotts, her attention not yet directed toward the shop yet. Instead she was cooing at her new familiar Leira. Ainslee didn't even really notice she was in the store until she ran into a bookshelf.

Luckily, none of the books feel out onto Ainslee. But, it did cause Ainslee to look up and acknowledge the surroundings. Ainslee felt her mouth drop open in partial shock. There were so many books. It made Ainslee greedy. Ainslee loved books and anything to do with books. They were her passion.

Ainslee quickly walked up to the front counter. Even though she wanted to explore and look at these books so more, Quinn was waiting for her outside. He was busy talking to a witch, but he was still waiting for her.

"Hello," she said to the man behind the counter. "I need Defense Against the Dark Arts, Potions, Transfiguration, Divination, History of Magic and Charms. All for beginners. Plus, I would like two quills, black ink, red ink and gold ink. Plus I would like parchment. Thank you!" Ainslee said as she handed the man the galleons and walked away with her things.
Back to top Go down
Elena Parkinson
First Year
Elena Parkinson

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts April 2011   Flourish and Blotts April 2011 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 5:22 pm

Elena again left Lavender as she entered the shop. The piles of books seemed larger outside to Elena. She strode into the store taking in the sight of other students gathering heavy arms of books. She wrinkled her nose, it smelt like a dusty library.

She walked up the counter, and simply said to the man standing behind "I would like to purchase all the beginner books, some parchment, a quill and black and green ink please?" It sort of sounded like a question without intention, but the man gathered the items and Elena handed over the galleons to suffice. "Thankyou" she said turning out the store.
Back to top Go down
Evangeline Greene
First Year
Evangeline Greene

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts April 2011   Flourish and Blotts April 2011 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 5:17 pm

Evangeline walked into flourish and blotts, she had only started her shopping and she was already bored out her mind. Hopefully it wouldn't take her much longer then she could return home. She quickly looked round the shop, she had no desire to remain there longer than necassary so she walked up to the counter and nodded at th eshop kepper. "can I have histroy of magic, transfigurations and astronomy for beginers please and parchment, two quils . Oh and black and green ink please" she said to the shopkeeper as she got her money. She payed and thanked the man before leaving the shop.
Back to top Go down
Jessica Tavacska
First Year
Jessica Tavacska

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts April 2011   Flourish and Blotts April 2011 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 3:24 am

Jess walked into Flourish and Blotts, looked around and then shut her eyes for a second, shook her head and then opened to take another look. Everything in the shop amazed her, she had never seen so many books! Of course she had been to Libraries in the muggle world, but they had always been quiet and dull places but this was so much better.
There were books as far as the eye could see, some big, (one having 3 separate shelves to hold its sheer thickness), others so small she could see a shop assistant with a magnifying glass and some tweezers trying to retrieve one for an eager customer.
Some were flying, some didn't seem to have any pages at all. She rubbed her eyes once she had had the chance to take everything in and then set about gathering the books from her list.
She had nearly found all the books she required and she placed them on the desk, she had all the standard books that she would need for her first year, Astronomy for Beginners, Care of Magical Creatures for Beginners, Charms for Beginners, Defence for Beginners, Herbology for Beginners andTransfiguration for Beginners. She also bough a big ostrich quill and some dark brown coloured ink (to match her eyes). She placed them on the counter and looked at the kind young witch behind the desk and said "do you have any books where i can learn the rules of quidditch", The kind witch passed her a copy of Quidditch through the ages. Jess payed the witch and smiled as they were put into the bag.
Back to top Go down
Megan Rose
First Year
Megan Rose

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts April 2011   Flourish and Blotts April 2011 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 9:33 pm

After casually strolling through Diagon Alley, Megan finally decided to go take a look at the books for this coming school year. She was especially excited for these books since she would be using them in her classes. She heard Hogwarts was a fun school and she hoped the rumors were true. It seemed to her the shop was especially busy today. Maybe all the students were as excited as she was.

All the books were so beautiful and she wanted to stay in the shop all day and read them all. Even though they were textbooks they still interested her. She walked by all of the books and ran her fingertips along them adoring the beauty of each of them. Hogwarts was definitely going to be a pleasant experience for her.

However, she had other things to do today so unfortunately she couldn't hang around the book store like she wanted to. She let out a loud sigh and looked at her list of things she wanted. She stood in front of the counter and read off of her list cheerily. "Hi there! Can I have Charms for Beginners Year One, Herbology for Beginners Year One, parchment, two quills, and dark blue and light blue ink?"

Once more she looked over her list to make sure she had named everything she wanted. She watched as the shopkeeper gathered her desired items and didn't mind waiting. Luckily, Megan was a really patient person and was just excited to read the books. She was definitely going to be reading all of her books before the school year started.

When her desired items were in front of her, she pulled out the correct amount of galleons and then placed them on the counter. She thanked the man behind the counter and then took her items and walked out of the store still feeling really excited.
Back to top Go down
Danielle Valencia
First Year
Danielle Valencia

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts April 2011   Flourish and Blotts April 2011 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 11:37 pm

Two gray and majestic eagle owls arrived solemnly on the window of the bookstore. They all waited patiently for the shopkeeper to notice them, and when they finally did, the middle owl stuck out it's leg, which had a scroll. The shopkeeper removed the scroll and opened it up to find that one of their best customers was requesting an order by owl order.

To Whomever This Concerns:

Enclosed is the money for Beginner Books for
~Astronomy
~Potions
~Muggle Studies
~Care of Magical Creatures

Also, add to the order:
~Dark Green Ink
~Parchment
~One Black Feather Quill

Please have the requested items taken back to the manor of the Valencia family via the owls we have provided you with. Thank you for your cooperation in the matter.

At the end was the Valencia family crest and signature of the Mistress. The shopkeeper of Flourish and Blotts did as was told on the letter, and the three owls flew off with the stack of books and other supplies the shopkeeper had put together. The shopkeeper had their money and went back to the counter for the next customer.

Last edited by Danielle Valencia on Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flourish and Blotts April 2011   Flourish and Blotts April 2011 Empty

Back to top Go down

Flourish and Blotts April 2011
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next