Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Madam Malkins April 2011

Go down 
+23
Jacob Beauchamp
Megan Rose
Ashwin Turner
Raven Drake
Cassopeia Marling
Elena Parkinson
Danielle Valencia
Evangeline Greene
Caden Callaghan
Ethan Carter
Lavender Parkinson
Gabriela Marcela
Hester Alderman
Fiona Millington
Serenity McAdams
Lachlan Normandy
Hunter Montgomery
Aurora Greengrass
Landon Montgomery
Sunny Swan
Liz McCutney
Kaoru Tanaka
Louis Weasley
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Louis Weasley
Second Year
Louis Weasley

Madam Malkins April 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Madam Malkins April 2011   Madam Malkins April 2011 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 8:42 pm

Louis was still waving around his wand when we walked into Madam Malkin's.

Madam Malkin was fitting others when he arrived, and he thought it perfectly fine to wait standing up, waving his wand.

When she came over to him, she merely raised her eyebrows, gave him a once-over and said "first year?" to which he nodded.

"I'd like two sets of the Hogwarts uniform and one set of plain black robes, please?"

"Of course you would, dear, but first let's get you measured."

And with barely a flick of a wand, he saw measuring tapes of all sizes zoom his way.

It was only when she said quietly to him "and do stop waving around that wand of yours, foolish boy, or you'll poke someone's eye out, quite likely your own." that he realized it was the measuring tapes measuring him on his own instead of her doing it herself.

"Now, here you go, and don't drop them, that'll be 40 galleons, please."

Back to top Go down
Kaoru Tanaka
First Year
Kaoru Tanaka

PostSubject: Re: Madam Malkins April 2011   Madam Malkins April 2011 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 1:42 pm

Kaoru slipped into the shop. His grandmother was still with him, although she wasn't talking much. She wasn't used to London, even though they'd been living here a year already.

He walked over to the assistant. His mother had measured him at home; she knew that he hated that part most of all, and before the shop assistant could even try to attack him with the tape measure he thrust the parchment into her face.

She took a step back, surprised.

"Very well, Mr Tanaka," she said, glancing down at the parchment. "What are you after?"

"Two Slytherin Hogwarts uniforms and one set of plain black robes," said Kaorum desperate to get out of the clothes shop. He handed her the money and she gave him a parcel of clothes.
Back to top Go down
Liz McCutney
Third Year
Liz McCutney

PostSubject: Re: Madam Malkins April 2011   Madam Malkins April 2011 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 4:41 pm

"Ah...hello?" Liz hesitantly entered as the bell dinged in a similar, though somewhat less ominous, fashion as Ollivander's. Immediately, a plump witch rushed up to her, a smile that Liz thought was horribly cheesy plastered onto her face.

"Hello, deary. First time at Hogwarts?" she asked, voice sympathetic. Liz nodded. "Come along then, come along. What robes are you after, dear?"

"Ah..." she returned her gaze to the paper before clearing her throat. "I'd like a Hogwarts uniform and a set of plain black robes.

"Alright, there you are." Liz was surprised; shopping for clothes with her mother normally took hours, not three seconds. For the first time, she smiled at the woman, handing over her money before flitting out the door.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Madam Malkins April 2011   Madam Malkins April 2011 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 6:36 am

Patrick was used to being in clothing stores, so being in yet another one was a little boring, but he didn't necessarily hate it. It was just something that needed to be done, so he did it.

After entering the shop, he was quickly assisted by an older witch, who fitted him for his school uniform and a set of plain black robes. He paid for them and left with his parcel to go to the next shop.
Back to top Go down
Sunny Swan
First Year
Sunny Swan

PostSubject: Re: Madam Malkins April 2011   Madam Malkins April 2011 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 9:53 pm

Sunny entred the shop with Demon still perched on her shoulder. She really didn't want to be in diagon ally long and she still needed her books and stationary.

"hello" she said to the witch. "can i have two sets of hogwarts uniform's, Slytherin please" she said.

"yes of course dear we'll just get you measuered" she smiled at her as she got a measuring tape.

"It's alright I know my size" Sunny said to her. The witch nodded and got her what she'd asked for. Sunny payed the 30 galleons and thanked her before bolting out of the shop and away from what she thought was a death eater but was really just a curtain.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Madam Malkins April 2011   Madam Malkins April 2011 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 2:20 am

Landon was getting really tired of shopping. His sister Lauren liked to shop, he didn't. Now he had to get his robes. If he had his choice he would've chose to wear his regular clothes, they were probably more comfortable anyway. He read the product list and then decided to place his order. "Hi, can I have two Gryffindor uniforms and one light red dress robe?" He wasn't sure if they were having a ball or anything so he wanted to make sure he had the dress robe just in case.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Greengrass
Third Year
Aurora Greengrass

PostSubject: Re: Madam Malkins April 2011   Madam Malkins April 2011 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 12:12 am

Aurora was less than thrilled to have to pick out stupid robes for school. Her parents spent plenty of money on her fashionable wardrobe and now she was stuck wearing this crap. It was time for Hogwarts to change their stupid rules so she could actually look good while she was forced to learn. She ordered two Slytherin Uniform Robes. When she looked at the robes for the other houses she laughed. They were absolutely dreadful.
Back to top Go down
Hunter Montgomery
First Year
Hunter Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Madam Malkins April 2011   Madam Malkins April 2011 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 3:11 am

Hunter pushed open the door to Madam Malkins, a less then thrilled look on his face. If there were any stores he hated the most and wished to avoid at all costs, it was this one. He knew it had to be done though, so it would be best to get it over and done with.

Greeting the woman working he patiently waited to be measured, and once he was, he selected the things he wished to buy. "Two sets of Gryffindor robes, and a set of plain black ones please." After he got what he needed in his side and had paid, he rushed out as quick as he could.
Back to top Go down
Lachlan Normandy
Second Year
Lachlan Normandy

PostSubject: Re: Madam Malkins April 2011   Madam Malkins April 2011 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:50 am

Lachlan just about ran into the store she was so excited. If there was one things Lachlan loved more than dance it was shopping for clothes. That was one of her favorite things to do was shop for clothes. Lachlan got that trait from her mother, who was walking behind her also looking amazed by the store.
"Mum, I think I died and went to Heaven." Lachlan stated calmly, clutching Britton's arm. Britton, her mother, glanced down at her with a smile and nodded to agree with her.
Suddenly and without any warning, a measuring tape flew around her measuring her in every place imaginable. "Alright, that's not uncomfortable at all." she muttered with a grin as the tape measurer measured her arm pit, making her giggle.
A witch in bright pink robes that made Lachlan's eyes hurt walked up with an artificial smile. "What would you like sweetheart?" the witch asked, popping her equally pink gum in Lachlan's face.
Lachlan raised her eyebrows at the witch. "I would like a set of Hogwarts robes and a set of plain black robes. Also, throw in a set of Quidditch robes while your at it!" Lachlan didn't say it in a mean way. It was more of a demanding way that Lachlan always used when she was excited.
The witch set out her hand and Lachlan set 45 galleons in the witch's hand before walking out with her robes in a bag.
Back to top Go down
Serenity McAdams
Second Year
Serenity McAdams

PostSubject: Re: Madam Malkins April 2011   Madam Malkins April 2011 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 6:27 pm

I wandered into the next shop with my wand clutched in my hand, happy that I'd found my match. Now, it was a matter of finding robes that would fit.. I could feel my nose crinkling up at the reminder that I had to wear such unfashionable things. I knew everyone else had to do the same thing, but it still didn't make me like them more.

Making my way up to the counter I waited until I could be helped. Soon I was being measured and finally I was being asked what exactly it was I wished to purchase. "I'd like a set of black robes, a set of Hogwart's Uniform robes (Slytherin), and a set of dress robes (dark purple.)" I waited for my total before handing over the galleons and walking out. Another stop down.
Back to top Go down
Fiona Millington
First Year
Fiona Millington

PostSubject: Re: Madam Malkins April 2011   Madam Malkins April 2011 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 8:53 pm

A shop called Madam Malkins Robes for All Occasions was the first shop she came across upon leaving Gringotts with money she didn't quite understand the money currency just yet, but she supposed she could just ask the lady there. She entered the shop and was immediately approached by a lady with a tape measure. "Hogwarts, dear? Well then, come along," she told Fiona, ushering her to the back rooms.

The old lady measured Fiona's sizes and Fiona wrinkled her nose at the black robes that were not very.. flattering, nor comfortable for that matter. Fiona patiently waited for the lady to finish measuring though, and she was finally led back to the front rooms and approached the counter. Madam Malkin went behind the counter now and showed, at Fiona's reluctant request for Madam Malkin to explain the money, she showed Fiona how the money system worked. Fiona nodded curtly in thanks, and paid for her two sets of black robes, two sets of uniforms, and a black witch's hat, leaving the store promptly afterward with a bag on her arm.
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

PostSubject: Re: Madam Malkins April 2011   Madam Malkins April 2011 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 3:24 am

Hester stepped inside another familiar shop. She hadn't expected to be back here so soon, put she had put on an unexpected growth spurt over the summer and her robes were just too short.

She pushed her way past the racks of dress robes until she found the uniform. One set of uniform robes would do her fine, since she had only really worn one of the two sets she had bought last year, and she would keep one of the smaller sets for spares.

"Excuse me," she said to the shop assistant. "Could you measure me, please?"

The tape measure was as crazy as it had been last time.

"Ok," said Hester, when her size had been taken. "Can I have one set of Gryffindor robes, please?"

"Here you go," said the assistant, handing Hester her fitted robes in a parcel.

"Thank you," said Hester, smiling. She left the shop, the bell tinkling behind her. This shopping trip was easier than last years; she knew where she was, what she was doing, and she had less to buy.
Back to top Go down
Gabriela Marcela
First Year
Gabriela Marcela

PostSubject: Re: Madam Malkins April 2011   Madam Malkins April 2011 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 6:42 pm

Gabi knew that Madame Malkins would be a quick stop her her. Some people hated getting their measuments taken, but Gabi liked it because it meant new clothes her her to play with wear. However she did not need to stand around and wait for the shopkeeper to take her measurements, since her mother made her get them done regularly, whenever they had a formal event coming up that Gabi needed a nice dress for. She told the shopkeeper her measurements and was quickly set up with what she needed- black robes and a uniform. She then left to move on so she could leave sooner.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

PostSubject: Re: Madam Malkins April 2011   Madam Malkins April 2011 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:03 pm

Lavender looked down, she'd nearly completed the whole list. Without warning she knocked into the shop keeper.

"Oh! I'm so sorry." When she was excused she dared to ask for her things. "Could I have a hogwarts uniform and a set of black robes please?" Once money and robes were exchanged she quickly left.
Back to top Go down
Ethan Carter
First Year
Ethan Carter

PostSubject: Re: Madam Malkins April 2011   Madam Malkins April 2011 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 8:51 am

One thing that made Ethan laugh was the Magical attire. It seemed that all the magical adults, even the men, wore black or coloured robes, which looked hilarious. Ethan assumed that it was another one of those things that he would have to get used to if he were to survive in the Wizarding world. Seeing the Robe store, Ethan made a face, but entered and had a look around. He saw some children in there that looked to be about the same age as him, some of them a tad older. He looked down at his list and saw that he indeed needed robes to attend Hogwarts with.

Hope I don't look like a pansy, Ethan thought as he went to place his order with the woman who seemed to own the store.

"I'd like to order 2 sets of Plain Black Robes and 2 sets of Hogwarts Uniform Robes, please."

Ethan, after waiting for what seemed like forever, left the store with his brand spanking new robes, which he deemed didn't look too bad on.
Back to top Go down
Caden Callaghan
Second Year
Caden Callaghan

PostSubject: Re: Madam Malkins April 2011   Madam Malkins April 2011 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 12:20 am

Caden was least excited about getting his robes. Even though he was a Pureblood wizard, he preferred Muggles suits. They were better than robes in his opinion. That was one things that his parents and him disagreed on.

Suddenly, a tape measurer flew out of nowhere and began measuring Caden everywhere. "Fine, you can do that." Caden stated with a roll of his eyes.

A witch walked up to him with an artificial smile on her face. "What would you like?" she wondered.

Caden pondered that for a second. "I would like a Hogwarts robe and a plain black robe." Caden didn't know what else he needed. He would probably wear his Hogwarts robe over his Muggle suits which were much better than robes.
Back to top Go down
Evangeline Greene
First Year
Evangeline Greene

PostSubject: Re: Madam Malkins April 2011   Madam Malkins April 2011 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 5:57 pm

Evangeline was excited to be in diagon alley she couldn't wait to get to hogwarts. Of course firstly she had to buy all her supplies. She though she would start with the most boring thing robes. She stepped inside the little shop and nodded at the shop keeper. The women ushered her over and before Eva could say anything a tape measure flew over and strated to measure her. After a little while the shopkeeper looked at her, "what would you like dear?" she asked.

The young girl smiled a little at the women and replied "one set of plain black robes and one set of hogwarts uniform please" she said to her.

The women got what Evangeline had asked for and handed it to her. "thanks" she said handing her the money before taking her robes an dleaving the shop.
Back to top Go down
Danielle Valencia
First Year
Danielle Valencia

PostSubject: Re: Madam Malkins April 2011   Madam Malkins April 2011 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 1:44 am

As soon as Danni and her mother entered the shop, a tape measure had flown over and started measuring her. "Now, now, we'll have none of that," said Danni's mother with a slight frown, taking out her wand and brandishing it. The tape measure fell to the floor, and Danni's mother stepped over the now useless thing with distaste obvious on her face. After all, who knew how many other children that thing had touched.

Danni reacted similarly to her mother and distastefully looked at the tape measure as she followed her up to the front counter. "We require two sets of Hogwarts uniforms and one set of plain black robes, as well as a black witch's hat," Danni's mother said authoritatively, passing over the galleons for the purchase. "I had sent the measurements for a 'Danielle Valencia' via owl in advance, so they should be ready by now," she told the lady. Danni looked around the shop as they waited for the lady to return with the purchases. She saw a few others in the shop, but not many. Mostly they were parents, probably shopping for their children. It wasn't a very interesting shop..

Finally, the lady returned and Danni's mother took the articles of clothing without another word, and both girls left the shop without a backward glance.
Back to top Go down
Elena Parkinson
First Year
Elena Parkinson

PostSubject: Re: Madam Malkins April 2011   Madam Malkins April 2011 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 8:52 pm

Elena left Lavender outside the shop and entered through door of Madam Malkins. Robes of all colours and shapes seemed to line the walls. Many other parents were busy with their own children and the tape measures which had no holder. This puzzled Elena, and it fascinated her when the measures came flying towards her at speed.

A busy woman with grey hair tidied in tight bun bustled over to Elena snatching away the measurement tapes. "What do you require?" She asked.

Elena looked around "Erm... One set of Hogwarts uniform and one set of plain black robes please."

The woman hurried off and returned shortly with a bundle of fabric. Elena quickly gave the coins which she had just become accustomed to, galleons, and swiftly left the shop to join Lavender outside.
Back to top Go down
Cassopeia Marling
Second Year
Cassopeia Marling

PostSubject: Re: Madam Malkins April 2011   Madam Malkins April 2011 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 5:04 am

"The only problem I have is that when I'm supposed to be picking school robes for a school with houses- don't ask me what they're called by the way I don't really know- how am I supposed to pick reasonable attire and conforming colours when I don't know what house I'm in yet? Yeah. I have you in a pickle there, don't I?"

A thin, towering man a few steps behind in the queue, and substancially less cheerful intercepts Cass and tells her that she is being very disagreeable (which is the posh man word for a stupid blubbering idiot) and that not only are the house colours detatchable and adhiesive, the robes are bought plain, and completely black.

Oh.

"Sorry," she says gently. "Can I have some robes then?" she asks to the cashier. As the man behind sighed heavily and walked away, her smile widened.
Back to top Go down
Raven Drake
Second Year
Raven Drake

PostSubject: Re: Madam Malkins April 2011   Madam Malkins April 2011 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 11:47 am

Urgh, he hated shopping for clothes! And now here he was having to shop for not only them, but robes as well. Shaking his head a little sulkily, Raven entered the robe shop, eyes widening seeing how many people were there. It would take forever! Feeling rather depressed about the whole situation, he waited and grumbled a bit when the queue took what seemed like hours to move.

When it was finally his turn he made sure to stay still, yet even then somehow the person still stuck him with pins. Frowning, he was glad when it was done. Taking his robes and almost crumpling them in a ball, he shoved them on the counter. “Plain black robes and a Hogwarts uniform robe please.”
Back to top Go down
Ashwin Turner
First Year
Ashwin Turner

PostSubject: Re: Madam Malkins April 2011   Madam Malkins April 2011 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 8:41 pm

Ash shivered as he stepped into the clothing shop. He had a sense of foreboding run up his spine before he was whisked away by a large woman, intent on prodding him with all sorts of needles and pins. He took the torture like any young boy would. Face forward, ignoring all who stare at him, and trying not to flinch and cry out as any needles stuck him

Obviously, this woman was a newbie when it came to clothing. He took the clothing given to him and folded them up, placing them neatly on the counter. "Plain black robes and a Hogwarts uniform robe if you will."
Back to top Go down
Megan Rose
First Year
Megan Rose

PostSubject: Re: Madam Malkins April 2011   Madam Malkins April 2011 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 9:57 pm

The time had come for Megan to pick up her robes. From what she had previously heard before no one really liked going to the robe shop to purchase their robes. Megan, on the other hand was excited for the whole Hogwarts experience including buying her robes. Her only problem was she didn't know how many to buy. She hoped the witch at the shop would be able to assist her.

Before she asked for any assistance, she needed to get to the store and then browse a little bit. She wondered if they would have a good selection of robes. Her mother told her that Madam Malkin's was the best place to go to get her robes and her mother was usually, if not always right about things like that. Avery Rose was very fashionable and intelligent.

After arriving to the store, Megan looked at all of the robes. She wanted to make sure she got the right ones and nice ones too. She didn't need anything to be wrong with them. Megan would never tell anyone but she was easy to embarrass.

It took a while but she eventually found the shopkeeper and was feeling giddy since she knew what she wanted to purchase. The woman told her that before she could buy her robes she needed to be measured. Megan didn't mind being measured, it was all part of the experience.

She allowed the woman to do whatever she needed to do and then waited as the woman calculated the measurements. "It appears you're a small." The woman told her. Megan knew that she would be a small unless the robes were meant for dwarfs or stick people. She nodded. "Thank you ma'am. How many robes should I purchase?"

The woman told her that two robes would be good enough and Megan was glad she wasn't laughed at or made fun of. "All right." She said and then paused to make her final decision. I'd like two Ravenclaw robes if it's not too much of a bother." The woman smiled. "No bother honey, just doing my job."

Megan sighed in relieve and waited for her robes. A few moments later the woman gave her the robes with a smile. "Have a good day honey." The woman told her. Megan put her galleons down on the counter and smiled. "Thanks ma'am, you too." She took her robes and walked out of the store happily.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Beauchamp
Second Year
Jacob Beauchamp

PostSubject: Re: Madam Malkins April 2011   Madam Malkins April 2011 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 3:58 am

Jacob entered the shop slowly and quietly, looking around.

Looking up at the shopkeeper, he smiled tentatively, determined NOT to stutter this time around. "Um, c-can I have two sets of p-plain robes and one H-hogwarts uniform please?"

The shopkeeper seemed surprised at his slight stutter, and Jacob wanted to hit himself.

He got his measurements done quickly and grabbed the bag containing the robes, paid and hurried out, determined not to speak for the rest of the day.
Back to top Go down
Lewis Williams
First Year
Lewis Williams

PostSubject: Re: Madam Malkins April 2011   Madam Malkins April 2011 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 3:59 pm

Lewis hated shopping so much, he wished he had a very nice sister or friend that would do his shopping for him. He was way too lazy to do it himself, it was a pointless waste of time. He sighed as he decided to start with his robes so he walked along the alley until he reached madam malkins. "Hi" he said nodding to the shop keeper. "can I have one set of plain black robes and two hogwarts uniform." he asked.
He got himself measured quickly before he thanked and payed the women. One shop done, a lot ore still to go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Madam Malkins April 2011   Madam Malkins April 2011 Empty

Back to top Go down

Madam Malkins April 2011
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next