Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Ollivanders April 2011

Go down 
+28
Alexandria Parker
Riley-Ann Mackenzie
Lewis Williams
Jacob Beauchamp
Megan Rose
Raven Drake
Ashwin Turner
Elena Parkinson
Evangeline Greene
Danielle Valencia
Caden Callaghan
Ainslee James
Cassopeia Marling
Ethan Carter
Lavender Parkinson
Gabriela Marcela
Taura Malfoy
Elijah Owens
Fiona Millington
Serenity McAdams
Lachlan Normandy
Hunter Montgomery
Aurora Greengrass
Landon Montgomery
Sunny Swan
Kaoru Tanaka
Liz McCutney
Louis Weasley
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Louis Weasley
Second Year
Louis Weasley

Ollivanders April 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Ollivanders April 2011   Ollivanders April 2011 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 8:34 pm

Ollivander's was the main attraction for Louis, he knew. The wand represented magic. Coming here would be almost like saying 'hello, you're definitely magic, kid. You're one of us now!'
And that was what he'd been waiting for all along.

So he walked in the door with such confidence that he almost didn't realize that he wan't the only one in there.

There was an old man. On second thought, of course there was an old man. He was Mr. Ollivander, and Louis was going to get a wand from him.

"You're here to buy a wand, I do think?"

Louis just nodded.

"Well, try this wand then."

And to Louis's surprise, the first one felt just perfect.

"I thought so," the man said. "For this wand is of willow and unicorn hair. Both represent pure magic at it's highest, and there's something about you that just calls out a love of magic!"

Louis took his Willow and Unicorn hair, 10 and a half inch, wand and left, waving it around and watching the sparks come out of the end.

Yes, he knew at that moment, he did love magic.
Back to top Go down
Liz McCutney
Third Year
Liz McCutney

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders April 2011   Ollivanders April 2011 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 11:54 pm

Hesitantly, Liz opened the door of the shop, wincing at the light ding of the bell in comparison to the abnormally quiet room. Startling her, a man rolled up on a portable ladder, her wild and eyes unblinking. "Why, hello," he greeted, finding his way to the ground. "Are you here for a wand?"

Not unusually, she couldn't find anything to say. It wasn't that she was shy--especially not around old people--but she simply couldn't think of much that wouldn't sound rude. "Ah..."

"Quite alright, quite alright," he chuckled, waving it off. She wished he would blink; it was starting to get creepy. "We better get you started, then, hm? Let's see, let's see...let's try...this one." She took the gnarled wand in her hand, but before she could even wave it, he snatched it back. "No, no...this one, then." Again, she tried it; again, he took it back. "Alright, now, this one ought to do the trick."

As soon as she took it in her hand, she new it was the right one. "What's this made out of?" she asked, frowning as she looked up at him.

"Why, that's cedar bark with a thestral hair." He smiled at her, but even now, when most people's eyes would crinkle in happiness, his stayed unnaturally open. She wondered if he held his eyes closed when not around people and then opened them just to scare his clients. "Well, off you go then--have fun at Hogwarts!"

"Ah...yes, sir," she replied uneasily.

With one foot out the door, he called, "Oh, and Liz?"

She froze. "How did you know my name?" she demanded, turning around.

He simply waved her question off. "Be careful," he warned, and finally--finally!--he winked and turned away, allowing her to leave the shop, puzzled.
Back to top Go down
Kaoru Tanaka
First Year
Kaoru Tanaka

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders April 2011   Ollivanders April 2011 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 1:20 pm

Kaoru was desperate to get his wand. He pulled his grandmother into the shop, feeling excitement bubble up inside of him. He tried not to let it show, but it was hard to stop.

"Looking for a wand, young man?" asked a voice from the shadows.

Kaoru nodded, sullen again.

The man slipped out from the shadows and revealed himself. He held out a tape measure.

"I will need to measure you, of course," he said. Kaoru began to back away but his grandmother pushed him forward. The tape measure began to measure him by itself. After a couple of minutes Kaoru swatted it away. The man held out a think wooden wand. "Try this one," he said.

Kaoru waved it, and a small glass jar on a shelf in the corner of the room exploded.

"I only put it there for that purpose," said the man. He took the wand off Kaoru. "Try this one."

Kaoru waved the wand and it emitted bright green sparks. It felt warm in his hand.

"Ah, perfect," said the man. "Elm with threstral hair. And I think you may become a Slytherin, young man."

Kaoru took the wand.

"Thanks," he said quietly. He was quietly pleased that the man thought he would be in Slytherin.
Back to top Go down
Sunny Swan
First Year
Sunny Swan

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders April 2011   Ollivanders April 2011 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:32 am

Sunny Swan walked cautiously into Ollivanders for her wand. She knew she had to get a wand but she still worried about known enemies of former death eaters. As she looked around, Mr Ollivanders came up to her. She smiled innocently at him and when he motioned for her to come closer, she did.

"Well, Miss Swan, I was curious to see if you would come to me for a wand." he told her with a small smile.

"Yes.. I would like a wand but nothing close to my parents wand for me." she replied even though her mind was screaming at her to not defy her parents.

"Ah, yes well the problem with that is the wand chooses the wizard. Well lets see what happens." he answered with a wink and then grabbed a dusty box. He opened it to display a cedar core and unicorn hair wand. He handed it to her but immediately took it back when she managed to break a window.

*OOC: 20 Minutes later*

"You've proven to be a difficult witch, Miss Swan but don't worry. I'm sure their is a wand just right for you. Hmm.. I wander if... yes that just might be it." he looked back towards her and immediately ran to his storage room. He then grabbed a midnight blue box and motioned for her to open it. Inside was a beautiful birch and Unicorn hair wand 11 inchs. She waved it and immediately felt great warmth issue from it.

"I'll take that one please. The um.... 11 inch birch and unicorn hair wand please." and as soon as he handed her the wand she bolted out of the store.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders April 2011   Ollivanders April 2011 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 6:50 am

Patrick spent the longest amount of time in Ollivanders. It was his last stop of the day and he was hoping to finish quickly, but it just wasn't to be. The shopkeeper was helping him as he tried wand after wand, but nothing seemed to be working.

After nearly destroying the whole store after trying a particularly unfit wand, the shopkeeper thought outside the box and came back to him with a 11 1/2" Cedar wand with a peacock feather core. It was a match made in wizard heaven. Patrick left with his new wand and went home to prepare to go off to Hogwarts.
Back to top Go down
Landon Montgomery
Fourth Year
Landon Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders April 2011   Ollivanders April 2011 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 2:24 am

Landon was really excited to get his wand. It was the only thing he was actually looking forward to. It was his for life was that by itself sounded exciting. He went to Ollivanders feeling quite giddy. Before going shopping he researched the wands so he knew exactly what he wanted. "Hi, can I have a 10 inch, holly, with peacock feather?" He smiled and waited for his hand. It was definitely going to be perfect for him.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Greengrass
Third Year
Aurora Greengrass

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders April 2011   Ollivanders April 2011 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 12:18 am

Getting your wand was supposed to be an amazing experience but Aurora was less than thrilled. She wanted to use her dad's. That wand was amazing and did beautiful things. Her parents had to explain to her that every person had a unique wand and that's why she had to go get her own. At least it was personalized and just for her. "Hello, can I have a 9 inch, Bonsai, with a Phoenix Feather?" Aurora knew that was the perfect wand for her and couldn't wait to use it.
Back to top Go down
Hunter Montgomery
First Year
Hunter Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders April 2011   Ollivanders April 2011 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 2:54 am

Hunter made sure Ollivanders was his first stop of the day, unable to contain his excitement about getting his very own wand. Walking up to the counter, he glanced around curiously until he heard a voice addressing him from the shadows. "Here to find a wand?" Hunter nodded blankly, gazing toward the area the voice was coming from.

The shop keeper wandered out from his place, a wand already in his hand for Hunter to try. He took it, tested it, but to no avail. The process repeated a few many destructive times before one finally clicked. With a huge grin on his face, he left the store with his new 11" Oak wand with a Dragon Heartstring core.
Back to top Go down
Lachlan Normandy
Second Year
Lachlan Normandy

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders April 2011   Ollivanders April 2011 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 1:29 am

Lachlan walked into Ollivander with her mother in tow. Her mother was getting a little tired and if not a bit grouchy. Lachlan had built up a resistance to her mother's bitter attitude once she got tired. Now if Leighton was here, than she would've been fed up with Britton. But, she wasn't so it was fine.
When Lachlan walked into the shop, she was bombarded with the vision of a frazzled haired man with bright blue eyes.
Lachlan stood there patiently, looking at the man with concerned brown eyes. "Um... excuse me sir?" Lachlan stated.
The man stopped and looked at Lachlan with a large smile. "Hello there miss! I assume you are looking for a wand?" the man asked.
Lachlan nodded and smiled softly. "Yes sir, I am."
The man walked away from Lachlan, leaving her confused. He suddenly returned with a wand case. "Twelve inch Bonsai with Phoenix hair." He handed Lachlan the wand.
When the wand connected with Lachlan's hand it felt natural. It suddenly became an extension of her body. No sparks happened or the wand didn't hurt her in any way. It just felt perfect and it felt like it had always been there. It was just another part of Lachlan.
"Its perfect! Thank you so much!" she exclaimed, hugging the man.
The man looked shocked but then hugged her back. "You are quite different from your cousin." he said softly.
Lachlan stepped away looking shocked. She had't told him anything about Leighton. The man just winked and walked away. Lachlan walked out of the store with a crease between her eyebrows.

Last edited by Lachlan Normandy on Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Serenity McAdams
Second Year
Serenity McAdams

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders April 2011   Ollivanders April 2011 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 4:57 pm

I wasn't particularly sure how thrilled I actually was to have to go shopping for school. Even though Summer had just rolled around I figured I'd get everything out of the way so I didn't have to worry about it later. My first stop was to get my wand.

Walking into the store, I gave a glance around until my eyes finally fell on a man working in the corner. "Uhm, excuse me?" I ventured, and he looked up before giving me a grin. I went to open my mouth to say something else, but he was soon wandering away without me having said another word. I blinked, my brows pulling together in slight confusion, but I wandered over to the counter to wait for his re-appearance.

A few minutes later he came over to me, handing me a box with a hopeful look in his eyes. Wordlessly I opened it, revealing 8 inch Willow with a Phoenix feather. I picked it up but I immediately knew that the wand wasn't for me. I gave my head a slight shake, placing it back down and pushing the box back toward the man. He frowned, his forehead creased in concentration as he stared at me. But he suddenly grinned again and scuttled back into the back room.

I sighed, and began drumming a pattern on the counter until he once again returned. This time I opened the box to reveal a 10 inch birch with Veela hair. The moment I picked it up, I knew it was a match, and I was soon thanking the man who glowed with pleasure. Paying for my wand, I left with a somewhat happy expression on my face - well, about as happy as it would get coming from me.
Back to top Go down
Fiona Millington
First Year
Fiona Millington

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders April 2011   Ollivanders April 2011 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 6:12 pm

Fiona walked into the wand shop known as Ollivanders. She had been looking forward to getting her own wand for a while now, and she was sure it would be exciting indeed. She wondered how they would choose a wand. Being all alone in Diagon Alley was no comfort, and she desperately hoped that it wouldn't be a test that needed a companion, or one that she'd need an adult for.

It was a small, dusty old shop, but Fiona didn't mind it all that much. A bell rang somewhere in the shop when she walked through the door, and it shut quietly behind her. The shopkeeper was nowhere to be seen as she approached the counter in the middle of the room. There were hundreds of wand boxes in hundreds of stacks in the shop. The back of the shop had rows upon rows of boxes and it was amazing to imagine all the wooden sticks in those boxes. Fiona was impressed.

"Hmm.." a thoughtful hum came from somewhere nearby and Fiona turned to find Mr. Ollivander on the other side of the counter, but standing on a ladder that was against one of bookcases. He had large silvery eyes and he was squinting a little at her, making her want to glare at him. "A new face, I see.." he said lightly, a small smile coming across his wrinkly old face. It would have been creepy to most, but Fiona just cocked an eyebrow. It was like he expected to remember her or something, but she didn't see how he could. She'd never been to London before, and this was her second day in Diagon Alley. "Let's see if I can find you a wand, Miss...?" Ollivander said, trailing off at the end as he went back into the stacks of wands.

"Millington," she called out after him, not wanting to be rude or anything. "Fiona Millington," she called, waiting against the counter, leaning her crossed arms on the counter. The man came back with an armful of different wands. After carelessly waving around wands with catastrophic results, a tingle ran up Fiona's arm when she touched one of them. She brought it down in a swish. A shower of silver sparks and the like came down, and Fiona immediately felt that this was the wand for her. Mr. Ollivander clapped in bravo, taking the wand and wrapping it for her. She gave him a small grin as she took the wand from him and turned to leave. "That wand is Rosewood. 10 inches and a thestral hair core," he called after her. "Take good care of it," he said.

"I will," she called back with a small wave of her hand in farewell. She left with a wide smirk on her face. It was just about the closest she got to smiling these days. She had never had much to smile about, but this was as good as any a time, even if it was only a mere smirk.
Back to top Go down
Elijah Owens
First Year
Elijah Owens

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders April 2011   Ollivanders April 2011 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 2:09 am

The wand shop was probably the most interesting store that Eli had seen so far. It was dark and damp but something about it felt... magical. How lame, Eli thought, sad for himself for even thinking that.

The shopkeeper came out and had him try a few different wands before he found one that seemed like a good fit. At least, it didn't make him break anything in the shop, like the others had. He left with his brand new 11 1/2 inch, phoenix feather, oak wand tucked under his arm and Benjamin still safely in his shirt pocket to go to his next stop.
Back to top Go down
Taura Malfoy
First Year
Taura Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders April 2011   Ollivanders April 2011 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 4:21 pm

Taura Malfoy stepped into Ollivander's wand shop. It was magnificent! She'd never seen so many boxes, and to think, each of them was filled by a wand. So many to choose from! Up until now, she'd been using her grandmother's old wand, but she wanted one of her own now. She wandered around the store for a few minutes, testing wands at random, but none seemed right.

"Looking for a wand, dearie?" asked an old woman from behind her.

"Er - yes, could you help me? I really don't know what I'm doing." Taura admitted, a little startled at the woman's sudden appearance.

"Of course, of course, dearie! It's my job to help out first time buyers, such as yourself I presume?"

Well, this is my first time buying a wand, yes. But I have had a wand before. My grandmother's wand." Taura explained.

"Well now, that just won't do! come with me dearie, I'll help you find one that's just right!"

Taura followed the woman to a desk, on top of which were several small, light objects, where she was told to wait. The woman disappeared behind a shelf, returning moments later with several wands.

"Alright, try this one. Point it an object of your choice, and say 'wingardium leviosa' and do this wand gesture." The woman instructed, demonstrating a 'swish and flick' motion, and then handing her the wand. Taura did as she was told, and watched the object disintigrate.

"Oh dear." The woman said.

"I'm sorry" replied Taura.

"Oh, it's no trouble dearie, very few get the right wand on the first try. We'll try again with another." The woman assured her, handing Taura another wand.

The process continued, a different disaster destroying each object until there were only 2 left. The woman gave Taura yet another wand to try out. As Taura held the wand in her hand, she felt an immediate connection. "Wingardium leviosa!" she exclaimed, using the 'swish and flick' motion once more. The object gently levitated off the desk, following Taura's wand as she waved it around, slowly, eventually bringing it back down to rest on the desk.

"Elm and Thestral hair..." mused the woman, "not what I would have thought at first,butit seems to suit you well."

"Thank you, ma'am. I would like to buy this wand."

"Of course, of course, right this way!" the woman said, once again leading Taura through the store until they arrived at the front desk. Taura purchased her wand, and thanked the woman once again.

"Elm and thestral hair," Taura mused as she left the store, "I like it!" she decided.
Back to top Go down
Gabriela Marcela
First Year
Gabriela Marcela

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders April 2011   Ollivanders April 2011 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 6:37 pm

Wand shopping was the first thing that Gabi decided to do during her visit to Hogsmeade. She was in the care of her older brother, Javier, who was apparently distracted by anything with boobs and a heartbeat. After several attempts at keeping him focused, she rolled her eyes and let him run off. He'd find her again when the object of his affection turned him down.

Inside the shop, she looked around at all the boxes. "Madre de dios," she said under her breath. "How am I going to find anything in here?"

A shopkeeper popped up out of nowhere to help her. It took several tries and many unfortunate happenings until Gabi was set up with the right wand for her - 8 1/2 inches, pine, phoenix feather core. With the wand safely tucked away in her bag, she went on to the next shop.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Parkinson
Third Year
Lavender Parkinson

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders April 2011   Ollivanders April 2011 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:15 pm

Lavender was excited, more than she'd ever been. Ollivanders was the one place she'd purposely left till last. Not that the wand would be much of a surprise, as her family had similar wands through out all the generations. As soon as she stepped into the shop Ollivander had his eyes on her.

"Well, well. You young lady, have made quite an impression on the wands. Though, one stands out to me." The old man made his way to the back of the shop, where he climbed a step ladder to reach the highest wand in the whole place. "Dare I say, you're a Parkinson?" He inquired.

"Yes," Lavender breathed in a whisper, almost scared of the wand he was brining towards her.

"Oak, dragon heartstring. 10 inches. Though, I'm sure you knew that already," She nodded as she took it from him. It was light in weight, though dark in colour. The handle was thick, a vine carved round it, trailing off towards the point of the wood. Lavender gulped before flicking it at mirror across from her. The mirror shattered into pieces. She then waved it once more, the mirror fixed itself. A grin covered her face. With that the wand and money were exchanged before she left, practically skipping out the door.
Back to top Go down
Ethan Carter
First Year
Ethan Carter

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders April 2011   Ollivanders April 2011 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 9:02 am

Ethan craned his neck to read the sign outside the old dusty looking shop. Ollivanders. Ethan read. He peered in the window, thinking this was the place where he would get his wand from. Seriously.. An actual magical wand. Crazy!

He entered the store and coughed from the dust that seemed to just hang in the air. Ethan got control of his breathing and had a quick look around. It was a crowded place, with boxes every which way. He really didn't know how he was supposed to find a wand that was entirely his in all this mess.

Hearing a noise from behind the counter, Ethan spun around quickly, causing a new burst of dust to circulate around him. He cleared his throat, which had more to do with the fact that he was super, quite ready to wet himself nervous, than it was to do with the dust.

Ethan stepped forward, "Umm.." he began. Good start, Ethan berated himself, and tried again.

"Hello. I'm after a wand." See... That wasn't so hard... Clean and direct.

The man nodded silently and glided walked away, leaving Ethan standing there alone. He gulped. The youth wondered if there was some sort of competency test to see if he was actually a wizard. Ethan knew he'd suck so bad at something like that, and was about to high-tail it and run, when the man came back into view.

Ethan sighed, but raised an eyebrow when the man handed him a box. Ethan assumed that it held a wand inside, but was still expecting something to jump out at him. Slowing lifting the box, Ethan peered inside, but nothing out of the ordinary (what was seriously ordinary these days?) seemed to happen.

He picked up the wand and looked back at the man, which seemed to be making strange hand gesturers. Ethan felt so stupid, but copied the man's actions and gave the wand a wave.

---

Several minutes passed in which Ethan broke a vase, the shop glass, and scared the man's cat half to death, but in the end he found a wand that didn't seem to cause homicides when he touched it.

"Ahh... Bonsai, 10.5 Inches, with a Unicorn hair. Pliable, that one. Very nice."

Ethan nodded, not really understanding the different the wood, or core made, but nodded like he understood completely all the same.

"Awesome, thanks heaps. Sorry about your cat, by the way."

Ethan left the store, wand in hand, quite chuffed that he actually possessed a real magical wand. How cool!
Back to top Go down
Cassopeia Marling
Second Year
Cassopeia Marling

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders April 2011   Ollivanders April 2011 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 10:00 am

Cass jumps to sit, swinging on the counter, and waves to the last customer as he takes his leave. She guesses that if he was getting a wand here now at this age he was probably going to be in his first year at school, but she didn't stop to look at him to remember him well. Nevermind, there will be plenty of people at Hogwarts.

Mr Ollivander comes to see what Cass is doing after putting some galleons in the rusty till that stays open unless you whack it with the grate off an old fire. People may think that being a Wand maker makes you extraordinarily rich, but judging by the state of the wand storage room she can safely say that isn't the case; that's the only rich looking place in the joint. Uncle Bargy looks after his wands more than he looks after himself.

She hopes with a small smile that she will be like that one day.

"And do you think you're ready to pick out your wand today, small Cass?" he says, bashing the grate against the till. Cass licks her lips nervously and thinks about it for a second. She's not sure. Granted, it is only four hours until she boards the Hogwarts Express and reaches the Point of No Return, but the wand is the one thing that if she doesn't have, she can't do Hogwarts. A witch without a wand, who would've heard a thing!

"Fine," she grumbles, already defeated. She slinks of the counter and trudges to behind the counter, ready to lean against the door of the wand room and practice on about a thousand wands until she got the right one. Apparently Harry Potter did that when he first came here- or so Uncle Bargy says, and it'd just be her luck if the same misfortune happened to her.

Bargy tuts and points to the floor of the shop, mumbling something about doing this the proper way so she can remember the experience. Talk about formality.

However, Cass' smile comes in to view at this, she won't have to worry about what Bargy will think if she likes one particular wand (apparently Bargy says they all have different personalities, and Cass'd hate to pick a dud one) if they're making this a clinical moment. Severed.

He puts four stacks of two in front of her on the shiny counter and props his wizened face up with his equally wizened hands, quizzically looking down at her to begin swishing.

She pretends to roll her eyes and opens two wands at once, putting one in one hand and one in the other. Raising her left arm, she mumbled, "mmufsio!" and to her displeasure a puffing sound comes out of the wand. Well the bottom of the wand, seeing as she's sort of holding it upside down. Sighing, she puts that one back in it's holster. The next one now. She points it at Bargy like a sharpshooter does and yells "Bang!" but not even the slightest thing happens.

As she goes down the pile, and gets more and more frustrated, and Bargy tops up the dwindling wands, Cass wonders if she'll ever get a wand. How hopeless. A witch without a wand.

Cass says very politely and very quietly (which is to say, unusually) that she had better get her other things for Hogwarts seeing as she's left it all to the last minute, and she'll head back later. She gulps at this thought as she leaves the door.

((OOC: eventually Cass does get her wand, hehe. It's been with Bargy all along, and he gives it to her a few minutes before the train leaves, along with her trunk and the sandwich she had prepared flustered earlier. Her wand is Elm, Eleven and a quarter inches, with Duck Feather Dragon Heartstring))
Back to top Go down
Ainslee James
First Year
Ainslee James

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders April 2011   Ollivanders April 2011 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 4:05 pm

Ainslee walked into Ollivanders, thinking that getting a wand would be a good place to start. Being a Muggleborn, Ainslee didn't know all that she needed. She glad that she had a list of the things that she needed for Hogwarts or else she would be lost.

Stepping into the shop, Ainslee ducked as she heard a loud bang come from within the shop. Stretching back up to see the damage, Ainslee noticed that the store was crowed with boxes. She could barely see anything. But, she did catch a glimpse of a man with frayed white hair.

"Um, excuse me, but I'm here to get a wand." Ainslee called out to the man, clutching at Quinn's arm. Quinn looked just as uneasy as Ainslee felt, but she was sure he was worse considering he was a Muggle.

The man with the white hair stopped moving and looked over at Ainslee and Quinn. "Oh, I'm sorry my dear. I didn't see you there." the man explained, jumping onto a latter on sliding down one of the aisles.

Ainslee turned toward Quinn and gave him a incredulous look. Were all Wizards like this? She wondered, feeling herself smile a little. If so, she thought, then my year is going to be a lot more interesting.

The wizard suddenly jumped down and walked over to Ainslee. He pulled off the top of a long, skinny box. Inside the box was a long gold painted wand. The wand was painted gold with little red roses. It looked like something a... what were those Wizards called... Purebloods? Yes, something a Pureblood would have.

"8 1/2 inches, Ash wood and phoenix hair. The wand represents sacrifice, sensitivity and higher awareness. A very nice wand, a very nice wand indeed." the man said, handing Ainslee the wand.

When Ainslee touched the wand, it felt natural. It felt like the wand became an extension of her body. It felt... in a word, perfect. "Wow, this is the one." Ainslee said, happy that it was over so quickly and she got a beautiful wand.

The shopkeeper smiled, while ushering her and Quinn out of the store. "Goodbye Ainslee, Quinn." he said as he went back inside.

Ainslee looked over at her older brother Quinn with a crease between her eyebrows. "Did either of us tell him our names?" she wondered, feeling a bit unnerved by the wizarding world.
Back to top Go down
Caden Callaghan
Second Year
Caden Callaghan

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders April 2011   Ollivanders April 2011 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 5:33 pm

Caden walked into Ollivander, hoping that he would be in and out of here quickly. He was tired and the heat was starting to get to him. Plus, his mother was waiting for him back home. She promised him that she would buy him a broom.

Suddenly, as Caden entered the store, a man handed him a box. "I knew you were coming. I had the wand picked out for you. It is your grandfather's." the man had a slight crazed look in his eyes that made Caden worried about the man.

Taking the box out of the shopkeeper's hand. Opening the box, he found a black wand with a dark red rope looking design wrapped around the wand. "Holly and dragon heartstring. A great wand. Eleven and a half inches." the shopkeeper explained, giving Caden a creepy smile.

Caden, raising an eyebrow, gripped the wand. He noticed how perfect it felt in his hand. It was as if it was made for him. "Thanks," Caden said bluntly before walking out of the store. He wanted to get out of there as soon as possible.

Last edited by Caden Callaghan on Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Danielle Valencia
First Year
Danielle Valencia

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders April 2011   Ollivanders April 2011 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 10:51 pm

"They make up for their lack in variety with their quality of the wand," Danni's mother explained to her, leading her daughter into the dusty shop known as Ollivanders. It was one of the only wand shops in Diagon Alley, but her mother told her it was the best place for wands, no matter where in the world you were. Their entire family, despite the fact that generation upon generation traveled all over the globe constantly, would always come to Ollivanders when it came down to getting a wand.

Danni looked around just a tad repulsed by the dusty shop. The mere air felt unclean and stuffy, and the shop looked just like it felt. The door suddenly closed behind them, and a bell somewhere deep in the bowels of the shop rang softly. She had nearly jumped at the door's unexpected closing, but what made Danni join her mother at the front counter instead of by the door was the fact that the wind from the door closing had cast up another cropping of dust towards her direction.

Danni stood by her mother's side, her beret on her brown head. When, finally, a man appeared, his appearance was the first thing she noted. He had old white hair and was as thin as a toothpick. He looked extremely old and wrinkly, but the wide misty gray eyes seemed to pop out the most. It was an eerie sight, and the smile that crept onto his face at the sight of them made it just a tad worse. "Ah, another Valencia, I see," he said, approaching the counter to see Danni better. Danni felt an urge to avoid his gaze, but she stayed firm and stared right back at him in defiance. "And a mirror image of her brother," he barked out with good humor. He turned away and went towards the back of the shop without another word.

Danni caught her mother's eyes, looking at her skeptically, as if to say 'Are you sure that he's sane in the head?' Her mother returned the look with a hardened and more stern one, silencing her thoughts of protest. She looked away and had to work hard from rolling her brown eyes. The man came back with a dozen or so boxes. She looked at the pile with skeptical eyes, but followed his instruction and began testing various wands, feeling rather above such silly wand waving, but doing so anyways.

Six Wands Later...

Danni was quickly getting fed up of this trial-and-error period. This would be the seventh wand, but neither her mother nor Mr. Ollivander looked to be getting as impatient as she. She reached for the wand and nearly retracted when the wand seemed to let off a shock to her skin. She did not pull away though, instead taking it from the box. The shock was now running through her entire being and making her feel quite confident of herself. She aimed the wand into the air and a fountain of streams of silver sparks spread around them all, falling around the three beings in the vicinity. Both Ollivander and Danni's mother immediately bravo-ed and Ollivander handed her the wand's box with a few last words.

"That, young lady, is a 9 inch elder wand, containing one phoenix feather as it's core. It's quite excellent for Transfiguration work, and even Potion brewing. Treat it with care, Miss Valencia," he said with a twinkle in his eye. "Er.. Right, I'll do that. Thanks," she murmured in reply, just a tad weirded out by the smile he was giving her. She turned away and did not turn back as she walked out the shop ahead of her mom, whom turned once more to give Ollivander an appreciative smile and then sweeping out of the shop quite gracefully.
Back to top Go down
Evangeline Greene
First Year
Evangeline Greene

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders April 2011   Ollivanders April 2011 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 6:04 pm

Evangeline stepped inside the shop, she couldn't wait to get her wand. "ah I wondered when I would see you Miss Greene" a voice said softly. Evan jumped a little startled by th evoice she walked close to the counter, the old man smiled kindly at her. "I persume you need a wand?" he asked.
She nodded "yes please." He turned and hurried down a row with boxes on wither side he returned a few moments later with a few boxes. HE opened the first one an dhanded her the wand. She took it "give it a wave" he said to her. She did as instructed and a pile of boxes behind th eold man came crashing down, "no not right at all" he said taking the wand back.

After twenty minutes and many wand later the old man handed her another wand "give this one a try" he said to her.
She waved the wand and green spraks flew out the tip. "Pine and dragon heart string exactly ten inches, a curious combination but you are a puzzling you girl" He said smiling. She thanked him and took her wand before leaving the shop.
Back to top Go down
Elena Parkinson
First Year
Elena Parkinson

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders April 2011   Ollivanders April 2011 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:21 pm

Elena had never been to part of the world she was now introduced, and everything excited her. The smells and the sights both extravagant, and extraordinary fascinated Elena.

Many a shop was passed, Elena had no idea where she was actually going, but followed her gut instinct. She stopped outside a wand shop "Ollivanders" read the sign. With ring of the bell, the door was pushed open by the curious hand of Elena, as she entered. Dust and stacks of boxes piled as high as the eye could see. Elena walked forward slightly. She reached to touch a box, one with less dust on than the others and closer to her.

"uhhem..." came a voice behind her, making Elena jump metaphorically ten feet in the air.

"y..yes" Elena stuttered. "I assume you require a wand... Miss...?" The man asked. Elena stared at him for a moment noting his expressions and realised he was talking to her. "Elena Parkinson." She replied.

"Ahh, yes. Now, i saw that box took your fancy" He pointed to the dust clear box which Elena had nearly opened before he scared her. Elena nodded "yes". Mr Ollivander retrieved the box, opened the lid and show Elena the wand that was encased within. He gave one simple instruction - "try it."

Elena's shaking hand took the wand out of the box and gripped it. An electric shock seemed to pulse through her hand, spreading through her body, and instead of pulling away, Elena allowed the shocks to continue through her core.

Ollivander nodded. "I knew it. Pine with Veela hair exactly eight inches. Very peculiar, but then again Miss Elena, you are a very peculiar child."

"Thankyou" said Elena as she turned and left. Afraid of what he knew. She left the shop and turned left to explore more of Diagon Alley.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders April 2011   Ollivanders April 2011 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 7:47 pm

Jen has been looking forward to getting her wand ever since she got her Hogwarts letter. Books and robes don't let you do your wizardy. Its the wand that really counts. The wand that chooses you.

She entered the wand shop, and walked over to the owner. He helped her find the wand for her. After about twenty minutes, several broken lamps and knocked over books, she found the right wand for her. Oak, Dragon Heartstring, 11 1/2 inches.

She thanked the shopkeeper, put the wand in her bag, and walked out, happily.
Back to top Go down
Ashwin Turner
First Year
Ashwin Turner

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders April 2011   Ollivanders April 2011 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 10:44 pm

Ashwin would most likely be lying if he thought that he wasn't excited to get his wand. His mother had stayed in the Leaky Cauldron while he did the shopping. He worried about her constantly now, ever since her sickness had gotten progressively worse. 'See a healer, mother,' he had urged her, but she wouldn't hear of it.

She had left magic behind when she had Ash. The only time she ever associated with it again was when it came to her boy. "Young Ashwin," Ollivander murmured, grinning at the startled boy. "We meet at last. Come to get your wand I see?"

Ash nodded cautiously, wondering just how this wand maker knew his name. Ollivander seemed to sense his wariness because he just laughed it off. "Do not worry, young Wizard. I know a lot of things, and I knew your mother as well. She had Pine Wood, 9 inches, with a Veela hair core."

Ash nodded to the man, surprised that he had gotten it right. "Well now, let's find your wand yes?" Ollivander found several boxes of wands he thought would suit Ashwin. None of them did.

"Hmm...try this one," Ollivander said, handing yet another wand to Ash. To him, this one felt different. He felt...empowered to have this one. He gave it a wave, a myriad of colors coming from the tip of it.

"This one," Ash said quietly. "It's perfect."

"That's made of Holly wood, 11 inches, with a Thestral hair core. A fine choice I must say." Ollivander said, wrapping up the wand and handing the box to Ash. "Do not lose it, young Ashwin. It'll surely serve you well." Ashwin bowed his head to Ollivander and left the wand shop.
Back to top Go down
Raven Drake
Second Year
Raven Drake

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders April 2011   Ollivanders April 2011 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 6:16 pm

The wand shop was a place Raven was and yet was not looking forward to. Sure he wanted to get his wand so he could do real controlled magic instead of accidental stuff all the time. Then again, he didn’t want to have a wand if all it did was bring pain like it did to his mum. He did not want to end up like the kind of wizard his father was. He would rather go wandless than turn out like him.

Looking around the shop he called out, “Hello?”

He nearly jumped when a man came out from the back. ‘Creepy blighter,’ Raven thought. The man peered at him and when the man said, “Mr. Bellamy.” the boy bristled. “Drake,” he corrected a bit more aggressively then he probably should have.

“Ah,” the man said and that was all turning back to his shelves. “And what hand is your wand hand?”

“Predominate is left,” Raven mumbled even though he could use both hands for practically anything. A skill his mum was envious of but was proud he possessed all the same.

“Ah, the same as your mother then.”

Stuffing his hands into his pockets he nodded. Curious about what the bloke was doing he was going to ask before the man was back at his counter with a couple of wand boxes. Setting them on the counter he gestured for him to step up. Reluctantly, he stepped forward and approached the man dubiously.

Looking at the boxes he opened them and stared. Reaching out, he pulled the first box forward and lifted it out and before he could do anything, the wand was taken out of his hand and a different box pushed in front of him. Sighing, and getting annoyed at how often the man was taking the wands from him before he could try them, Raven could feel his eye beginning to twitch.

Finally after what seemed like forever, he found a wand that sent an electric jolt through his hand and he nearly dropped it with a yelp. Glancing quickly up at the man to see if he’d somehow done it, his eyes narrowed as he looked down at the wand again. Curling his fingers around it he felt….whole.

“Ah, that one has dragon heartstring like the others, thought that might be the core you needed. As for the wood, it’s Oak. Didn’t know if you were an Elm or Oak. That wand just proved you’re an Oak.”

Raven stared at them then said, “Riiiiiiiiiight.”

Returning the wand to the box, he watched as it was wrapped and a bottle of polish and a cloth was neatly packaged as well.

“There you are, Oak and Dragon heartstring, 11 and 1/4th inches.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ollivanders April 2011   Ollivanders April 2011 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ollivanders April 2011
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next