Hogwarts Novitas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a realm of magic, anything is possible.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Novitas! Please read all of the information in the "Starting Out" forum. Hogwarts is now OPEN. Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade will remain open for a week. Happy posting.  - Wizard God

Magical Menagerie April 2011

Go down 
+6
Elijah Owens
Fiona Millington
Hester Alderman
Lachlan Normandy
Aurora Greengrass
Sunny Swan
10 posters
AuthorMessage

Magical Menagerie April 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Magical Menagerie April 2011   Magical Menagerie April 2011 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 6:44 am

Pat went to the Magical Menagerie next. He wanted a pet very badly, so he spent a long time wandering around looking at everything in there. The dogs and cats seemed to be popular, but in the back corner of the shop was a slightly dusty tank that contained several toads that probably sat with no interested parties looking at them.

He asked the shopkeeper for one, whichever one had been there the longest, since he felt sorry for them. Every animal deserved a home, even the scaly croaking ones.
Back to top Go down
Sunny Swan
First Year
Sunny Swan

PostSubject: Re: Magical Menagerie April 2011   Magical Menagerie April 2011 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 8:30 pm

Sunny walked quietly into Magical Menagerie. She was very excited about going to Hogwarts like Taura but also VERY nervous. As she passed the hundreds of cages she noticed a beautiful raven sitting on it's perch. She waslked up to it and was about to touch it when the owner called out to me.

"Careful, miss that raven doesn't take too kindly to humans. I can barely touch him myself let alone feed it." he warned her.

Sunny paid little attention to the owner and again brought her hand closer to the beautiful jet black raven. As if by magic, the raven didn't wait for Sunny and instead hopped off it's perch and flew onto her shoudler. The owner gasped in shock as the raven started to nudge against Sunny's shoulder.

"Well, I'll be......I've never seen that raven take to anyone so quickly. You must be very proud of yourself. " he annonced.

Sunny smiled innocently and then asked "I'd like to buy him please." she informed him before placing 15 galleons in his hand. He grinned before handing her a cage and his food. The raven ruffled his feathers happily before hopping into it's cage and began preening itself. Sunny then turned and walked out the door with her new pet who she named Demon.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Greengrass
Third Year
Aurora Greengrass

PostSubject: Re: Magical Menagerie April 2011   Magical Menagerie April 2011 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 12:15 am

Aurora knew what pet she wanted from the start. The moment she walked through the door of the shop and saw the cute, sweet, kitten she knew he was the one she wanted. After admiring him for a few moments she decided she should probably buy him before someone came over and stole him. Stealing from a Greengrass was a very bad idea but it could definitely happen. "Hello, can I have that orange and white kitten please?" She rarely said please but she really, really wanted that kitten. "Here are the galleons." She said while placing 10 galleons on the counter.
Back to top Go down
Lachlan Normandy
Second Year
Lachlan Normandy

PostSubject: Re: Magical Menagerie April 2011   Magical Menagerie April 2011 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 1:11 am

Lachlan walked into the Magical Menagerie not knowing what she wanted. She loved cats, but she also loved dogs. And she has always wanted a teacup yorkie since before she could remember. Yet, dogs were a lot to handle and Lachlan wasn't the most responsible witch in the world.
Lachlan walked over to the kittens and couldn't really see anything that she wanted. All the kittens were either black or multi-colored. If Lachlan got a kitten she would want a white one.
With a sigh, Lachlan walked over to the puppies. There wasn't a Yorkshire in the group, but there was a baby German shepherd.
Lachlan leaned over and smiled. Even though Lachlan wasn't responsible that puppy was awfully cute. It seemed almost perfect in a way. All quite and curled up away from all the other hyper dogs. German shepherds were known for being very protective.
A girl with curly orange hair walked up and scared Lachlan. "Did you choose one that you like?" the girl asked, smiling at all the little puppies.
Lachlan smiled back. "Yes, I want that German shepherd. You know, the one towards the back?" Lachlan stated, pointing at the small dog.
The girl grinned widely. "Oh he is a new one. He used to live with Wizarding family. Only, they died in a fire so he was brought here. He is very well trained. I believe his name is Lion." the girl said in a bright voice.
Lachlan smiled at Lion. It was a plus that he was well-trained and already named. Lachlan was awfully unimaginative and she didn't know if she would be able to come up with a name.
"I'll take him." Lachlan stated handing the girl 15 galleons.
The girl smiled and walking into the pen. Brought the dog over to Lachlan. "He is trained to walk beside you without a leash." the girl stated.
Lachlan knelt down at looked Lion in the eyes. He stared at her for awhile. Then, he suddenly rushed onto her and began licking her face. Lachlan laughed out loud and scratched him behind his ears.
She stood up and began walking. Lion trotted along side of her with his tongue hanging out of his mouth in a smile.
Back to top Go down
Hester Alderman
Fifth Year
Hester Alderman

PostSubject: Re: Magical Menagerie April 2011   Magical Menagerie April 2011 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 6:08 pm

Hester stepped into the Magical Menagerie. She hadn't been in here, not even the last time she had been in Diagon Alley, because she had bought herself an owl from the emporium. This time, however, she had decided to get a more portable pet, since Aphrodites lived mainly in the owlery.

She browsed the cages, wondering what sort of creature to get. She quite liked the idea of a raven, because they were so beautiful, all sleek and black, and she stared at the cage fondly for about five minutes, but then decided against it. A raven would be too similar to the owl she already had.

The next thing that caught her attention was the toads, but they were just too slimy... She wouldn't want to carry one around, or pet it.

Finally, she was stuck between choosing a kitten or a couple of mouse. The kittens looked adorable, but then again, they'd grow into cats, which were larger and less adorable (although still beautiful), whereas the mice were equally adorable but would stay the same size. She decided on two mice.

"Can I have two mice?" she asked the assistant. "Yes, that one, the black one, and that other one, the kind of bluey grey one. Thank you."
"That's a self lilac mouse," the assistant told her. "And a self black. They're properly bred ones. That'll be ten galleons total, please."

Hester handed over her money and took her new pets.

"I'll name you Atlas," she said to the black one. "And you can be Leo," she said to the 'lilac' grey mouse.
Back to top Go down
Fiona Millington
First Year
Fiona Millington

PostSubject: Re: Magical Menagerie April 2011   Magical Menagerie April 2011 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 6:33 pm

A raven in the window of the Magical Menagerie is what drew her in. Fiona walked into the store with getting that raven no matter the fact that the orphanage didn't allow pets. She'd be able to hide him (or her) in her room if she needed to. "Excuse me, I want that raven. The one up there, in the window," Fiona called to a lady down the aisle, pointing up at the raven she wanted. When the lady got around to getting the raven down, Fiona saw that it wasn't just any ordinary raven. Normally, ravens were large and fierce.

This one seemed just a tad smaller than normal, but the look in it's eyes was one of superiority, and the lady brought it down carefully, holding it out on her arm like an eagle. "This one's a bit different from the others, a little more aggressive, too, but if you're sure.." Fiona nodded determinedly, already liking what she saw in this bird. She saw intelligence and wit, craftiness too. It was a unique bird that she knew would be a worthy familiar for her. Familiars, she had heard, were animal companions in the magical worlds, but they weren't just pets. They were like your equals.

Fiona followed the lady to the counter and she was given a cage for her raven, which the lady said she'd forward to the Leaky Cauldron for her. She thanked the lady with no hint of a smile, only seriousness as she took the raven on her arm, but it proceeded to fly onto her shoulder. She didn't mind. The raven made her look all the more fierce, and it's sharp eyes were as full of mystery as her own. She already loved her new familiar, despite what may show on her stoic face. She left the shop with it still on her shoulder, both witch and familiar with their heads high.
Back to top Go down
Elijah Owens
First Year
Elijah Owens

PostSubject: Re: Magical Menagerie April 2011   Magical Menagerie April 2011 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 2:01 am

The second stop on Eli's shopping trip wasn't meant to be the pet shop, but it caught his attention walking past, so he went in on a whim. There were all sorts of animals everywhere and students picking them out left and right. On one side was a lonely tank full of toads that caught his eye, mainly because everyone else paid it no mind. They were the outsiders of the shop, kind of like how he felt like an outsider in this world. He asked the shopkeeper for one without another thought. At least they could be outsiders together, he thought. He named the toad Benjamin and tucked him away in his shirt pocket. Aunt Amelia would probably not be pleased with this. Maybe he didn't have to tell her...
Back to top Go down
Ainslee James
First Year
Ainslee James

PostSubject: Re: Magical Menagerie April 2011   Magical Menagerie April 2011 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 3:46 am

"Tell me you saw 'er, Ainslee! I mean, that girl was a ten. A ten!" Quinn exclaimed while they walked into Magical Menagerie. Quinn was currently speaking about the blonde haired, blue eyed witch that Quinn had practically ran into before they entered the shop.

Ainslee rolled her eyes at her brother. He was getting to that age where everything was attractive. Ainslee could remember when his friends came over during the summer and they kept trying to catch her changing or something disgusting like that.

When Ainslee saw all the small and adorable animals in the shop, she felt her heart melt. Ainslee never got to have an animal because her father was allergic. It was highly disappointing, but her mother and father would scold her when she complained about it. Ainslee didn't care though. She wanted her parents to know that she was unhappy.

Walking toward the cages that held the kittens. Ainslee spotted a small kitten that was fighting with another one. The one that she liked though was black with a white tail. It was all black and then had a pure white tail. Plus the cat had intense blue eyes, close to the color of Ainslee's.

Opening the cage, and probably breaking a few rules, Ainslee reached inside and pulled out the small kitten. The kitten mewed softly, but once Ainslee seized it into her arms, it staring purring softly.

Suddenly, a witch rushed over to Ainslee with a panicked look on her face. "My dear, you aren't supposed to take the animals out of their cages!"

Ainslee brushed her off. "Don't worry, I'm a paying costumer." she retorted, handing her ten galleons. "Here, now what cage can I use to put her in?" the witch stood there gapping at Ainslee before rushing off to find a cage.

Peering into the kitten's eyes, she attempted to think of the perfect name. "I think that Leira is a good name for you." Ainslee decided, tucking her into her cage that the worker handed her.
Back to top Go down
Raven Drake
Second Year
Raven Drake

PostSubject: Re: Magical Menagerie April 2011   Magical Menagerie April 2011 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 6:17 pm

Practically running to the Magical Menagerie, Raven nearly tripped over his feet as he skidded to a stop outside it. A pet is something he’d been looking forward to. Not wanting an owl or a cat or a toad, even if they could be amazing. Recalling Pia training Bradley, the boy grinned and shook his head.

Passing by the cages he headed straight for the back already knowing what he wanted. The kennel was his target and that was where he squatted looking at all the puppies. Of course they’d all be puppies. It would be easier for child and animal to bond as well as for the animal to be trained.

There were all kinds of dogs, but Raven knew that a mutt would be the best kind of dog to get. They didn’t have the problems purebreds had, not to mention no worries of your dog being stolen. There was also the fact that many cute dogs were mutts. Passing by the ones that didn’t really catch his attention, he frowned wondering if he’d have to wait til next year and the next batch of puppies.

The sound of a whine and pawing at a cage had Raven turn his head and look where the sound was coming from. A small puppy that was just all too cute had the boy grinning. This was the puppy for him! Reading the tag on the door he saw that it was a mutt even if it looked to be a husky/wolf mix. It actually had other breeds in it too. Whipping his head around to the counter and standing he called, “Excuse me. I want this puppy!”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Magical Menagerie April 2011   Magical Menagerie April 2011 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 7:15 pm

Jen had been extremly excited about getting her first pet. Her parents said they'd buy her whatever pet she wanted when they went shopping for her school supplies. Jen wasn't sure what she wanted yet, so she decided to look around a bit.

She had passed through the rabbit and dog sections, not really finding anything she wanted. Once she reached the cat section, she walked over to a cage that contained several kittens. A small black and white one caught her eye. She bent down to the cage and looked at it. It walked over to her and licked the glass of the cage. At that moment, Jen knew that this kitten was the one for her.

She walked over to the owner of the store, and smiled. "May i have that black and white kitten in the cage over there?" She asked, pulling out the galleons and giving them to him.
Back to top Go down
Ashwin Turner
First Year
Ashwin Turner

PostSubject: Re: Magical Menagerie April 2011   Magical Menagerie April 2011 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 7:15 pm

Ashwin entered the Menagerie, immediately assaulted by all sorts of sights and sounds. It wasn't too deafening in the pet store area, but it certainly wasn't quiet. Then again, they had all sorts of animals here. It was just up to Ash to find his perfect familiar. He didn't know what he quite expected to find in the place, but he was drawn to where he saw all the small kittens.

Well of course he was. They were cute and innocent, with tiny ears and tails. Little meows that just begged to be heard. He eyed the small kittens before looking over at the cute puppies. Argh why was he such a sucker for cute things?!

He turned back to the kittens before one in particular caught his eye. It was a beautiful Calico kitten with green eyes, and Ash's own eyes widened happily. This was the cat. He picked her up gently out of her cage and grinned at the little one.

"Patches," he murmured, cradling the small kitten as he paid the shopkeep the correct amount of galleons. "That's your name, little one."
Back to top Go down
Alexandria Parker
First Year
Alexandria Parker

PostSubject: Re: Magical Menagerie April 2011   Magical Menagerie April 2011 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 4:52 pm

Alex entered the Menagerie and immediately went towards the puppies, she was looking for a specific one since she loved enormous dogs. She saw a female alaskian malmute and practically fell in love, her fur was black and she was so fluffy. Alex put her hand out for the dog to smell and she immediately started licking her. Alex grinned, this was the one she wanted.

She picked up the small dog and took her to the front counter. "Hi, I would like this little cuter here, please?" Alex turned to face the puppy. "How do you like the name Selene?" The puppy barked and Alex smiled happily after handing over the money. She purchased a pretty collar and they left the store.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magical Menagerie April 2011   Magical Menagerie April 2011 Empty

Back to top Go down

Magical Menagerie April 2011
Page 1 of 1